Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister (10335 Views)

President Buhari To Drop Lai Mohammad As Information Minister - TheImpulseNG / I Use 5, Not 6 Vehicles In My Convoy – Information Minister / LIVE REPORT: Grand Requiem Mass For Prof. Dora Nkem Akunyili in Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Dec 18, 2008
Her posting is divine? Ok! *** Fingers crossed ****
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by AloyEmeka9: 7:54pm On Dec 18, 2008
Is this news real of just a rumour?
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Chidoski(m): 8:09pm On Dec 18, 2008
I once said in this thread that our president is illusioned,I wish to retrieve that,he is confused,sorry 'unfit'. Dora Akunyili for information and communication,Sam Egwu for Education,Ufot Ekaette for Niger delta,Achike Udenwa for Finance(not yet announced), and other mistakes.Am sorry if she does not resign,her hard earned reputation will be smeared.She should recall what happened to Adenike Grange.How can Dora Akunyili speak for a focus less government like that of YaraDULL.I wish she follow the voice of reason and bow out in honor than in shame.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by olanajim(m): 8:10pm On Dec 18, 2008
Nigerians need to understand that Dora had been Minister of Information all these while. It is just that well are so blind to see.

At NAFDAC, she was not the one doing the job. She had people in the lab, field, etc doing the real job. Her jobs involved signing papers, holding press conferences (talking tough and making orders). Isn't that what she does at NAFDAC?

I am sure the people who wanted her out of NAFDAC knew she can't be minister of health if Prof Oshotimehin is on the list. The later is deeply involved in health matters and had experiences. Prof Dora is all about tough action.

I wonder who informed her that propaganda would make Nigerian attain vision 2020. The woman was just interested in power. Her acceptance of that dirty job means she is power hungry. I don't pity her anymore. She would have been an instance hero had she rejected the post. She can always get a better job at international level.

Seriously, what input will she bring to min of health when she is just a pharmacist? The ministry of health is not meant for drug alone. There are other agencies under it. I strongly believe it is a good decision to keep her away from the ministry as she would continue to interfere in NAFDAC affairs once there. Nothing with that except that it may get messy if the new NAFDAC DG had his own plan.

Let us congratulate another AGIP minister for taking a post that didn't match her talent.

More Microphones to your mouth, prof!
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2008
I hate to sound Pessimistic, but we need no sooth-sayer to know that the STAGE is now set to make our dear Dora a Legitimate LIAR. The only thing that comes from the Information Ministry is nothing but d cummulative lies from other ministries/goverment establishments. Dora needs our prayer now more than ever b4. Let all man pray 4 her.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by joyAA(f): 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2008
she was doing perfectly fine where she was b4,i guess that means she has charisma and i guess the country could use such an indutrious and illustrious person.but i think information is way out of her league.what is she supposed to do?sell newspapers?
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Dec 18, 2008
The Country could use her even more exactly where she was. Giving her a ministerial position does not do us more good. Who is going to handle NAFDAC now that she is no more there? What is the guarantee that it will not fall to shambles since we do not have any system in place to ensure that it does now? I am guess MY PIKIN and the rest of the products she was able to take off the shelves will return in no time.

Any good business person knows that if a person is doing so well in one area, you do not move 'em to another area where he/she becomes a fish out of water but you instead work on putting together training as well as checks and balances in place so that when you are ready to move the person, that person already has training for where he is going and the department the person leaves does not collapse but continues to run smoothly during and after the transition.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Robotnik: 10:04pm On Dec 18, 2008
I think we need an "Obama" as President, one who can choose intellects in their fields to fill required positions, Yaradua (sorry to say) is "dulling" Nigeria.
Why should a Pharmacist with a PhD be used as an information minister? what happened to the ministry of health? or even women affairs.
Obama, even before inauguration has chosen the very best team to work with, which shows he his focused, rather Yaradua is still there sampling people and reshuffling his cabinet like he has all the time in the world.

My people, time waits for no one.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 18, 2008
If thats her interview then am so disappointed in her, she has become one of them politicians, selfserving, greedy and will do anything to stay in power, Shame.
She deserves whatever smeared image she gets
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by nathHTS(m): 10:45pm On Dec 18, 2008
its a pathetic situation, and it beats my imagination and dwarfs the expectation we have for our beloved country, but what baffles me most are the set of egg heads that formed the committee, its obvious that nigeria is once more creating corruption in-roads, first they dis-stabilize efcc now they are abt to dis-stabilize nafdac and i could be very sure that the next salient hit will be ndlea, its truelly pathetic[td][/td]
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by blacksta(m): 11:39pm On Dec 18, 2008
I repeat - NIGERIA IS fu k e d up - no doubt about. TEchn0 rats my asss. it high time the youths rise up against this madness or u will be telling your grand children how your inactivity made matters worse
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Bialegend(m): 11:56pm On Dec 18, 2008
All of you in this thread from A to Z are clowns, imbeciles and morons. Is it now that all of you are waking up to the reality of awusa lead government? All of you should shut up and accept and deal with the ministerial selections. None of you have any right to complain since to all of you nigeria is good to remain one country. Nonsense!!!
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by MaiSuya(m): 12:08am On Dec 19, 2008
olanajim:

Nigerians need to understand that Dora had been Minister of Information all these while. It is just that well are so blind to see.

At NAFDAC, she was not the one doing the job. She had people in the lab, field, etc doing the real job. Her jobs involved signing papers, holding press conferences (talking tough and making orders). Isn't that what she does at NAFDAC?

I am sure the people who wanted her out of NAFDAC knew she can't be minister of health if Prof Oshotimehin is on the list. The later is deeply involved in health matters and had experiences. Prof Dora is all about tough action.

I wonder who informed her that propaganda would make Nigerian attain vision 2020. The woman was just interested in power. Her acceptance of that dirty job means she is power hungry. I don't pity her anymore. She would have been an instance hero had she rejected the post. She can always get a better job at international level.

Seriously, what input will she bring to min of health when she is just a pharmacist? The ministry of health is not meant for drug alone. There are other agencies under it. I strongly believe it is a good decision to keep her away from the ministry as she would continue to interfere in NAFDAC affairs once there. Nothing with that except that it may get messy if the new NAFDAC DG had his own plan.

Let us congratulate another AGIP minister for taking a post that didn't match her talent.

More Microphones to your mouth, prof!

With all due respect, your claim that she was merely a mouthpiece for NAFDAC is preposterous. Were it not for her dogged determination to rid the country of fake and adulterated drugs, no matter how dedicated the staff was, all their efforts would have been futile. If your argument is to be taken, I suppose it was Osotimehin himself going from village to town preaching the AIDS program and not his staff. Did his function not just include "signing of paper and holding press conference on behalf of NACA''? Yet you seem too eager to attribute the (questionable) success of NACA to him. Why do I sense a contradiction here?

In any case what makes a medical doctor better suited than a pharmacist to  run the health ministry? It's not your knowledge of drugs or pathophysiology but your administrative capabilities that will be brought to bear in such a capacity, something that Akunyili has been fully shown to posses given her commendable antecedents at NAFDAC.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by blacksta(m): 12:09am On Dec 19, 2008
Bialegend:

All of you in this thread from A to Z are clowns, imbeciles and morons. Is it now that all of you are waking up to the reality of awusa lead government? All of you should shut up and accept and deal with the ministerial selections. None of you have any right to complain since to all of you nigeria is good to remain one country. Nonsense!!!

A whole me slowpoke.  If i be slowpoke number 1  you be slowpoke 2 and the rest are all imbeciles  3, 6, 10, 20,
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by dree1: 12:14am On Dec 19, 2008
@ All,

More please, , I am really enjoying this !
Guess what ? Nigeria 2 me is 1 massive football pitch !

We sure need a revolution !

she'll be gr8t again y'all !!

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by blacksta(m): 12:15am On Dec 19, 2008
Mai Suya:

With all due respect, your claim that she was merely a mouthpiece for NAFDAC is preposterous. Were it not for her dogged determination to rid the country of fake and adulterated drugs, no matter how dedicated the staff was, all their efforts would have been futile. If your argument is to be taken, I suppose it was Osotimehin himself going from village to town preaching the AIDS program and not his staff. Did his function not just include "signing of paper and holding press conference on behalf of NACA''? Yet you seem too eager to attribute the (questionable) success of NACA to him. Why do I sense a contradiction here?

In any case what makes a medical doctor better suited than a pharmacist to  run the health ministry? It's not your knowledge of drugs or pathophysiology but your administrative capabilities that will be brought to bear in such a capacity, something that Akunyili has been fully shown to posses given her commendable antecedents at NAFDAC.

Omo , tell that one to yar adua and cronies . you sit down there on comfortable fat ass u dey write article.  Believe me if really want change you would do some thing about IT.  You never c anything yet YAR ADUA GO SHOW ALL OF YOU  PEPPER.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by chyk91(m): 12:46am On Dec 19, 2008
from nafdac to info minister, no be small thing oh, it would have been better if she was still nafdac chairman or better still health minister. N.A.I.J.A
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by spoilt(f): 1:05am On Dec 19, 2008
Dora is one stand up woman. She was truly called to serve. It truly goes to show that one person can make a real difference in a very corrupt nation. May God preserve her for us. One thing i know for sure is that no matter where a person like her goes, even if its a gig as a janitor, that integrity follows.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by cvibe: 6:22am On Dec 19, 2008
Information minister ke

We missed this one again. The health sector missed a great deal of Turn Around Maintenance. (TAM).

One day, our Eagles will fly again.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by FBS: 8:30am On Dec 19, 2008
is it possible to cure cancer inside by just wearing an armani suit on the outside? looking good on the outside but woeful on the inside? what the banger is UYD thinking? Oh, Dora's duty now is to make UYD's image better? What a job wont you say?

what the FG should do is to fix the economy, roads, electricity etc and automatically, Nigeria image outside will be viewed as positive because we have what to show for it.

Just what will she be talking about? how does she imagine to elevate the nations image when there is absolutely nothing to show for it?

I'm in a rage!!!  shocked
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by FBS: 8:38am On Dec 19, 2008
Bialegend:

@bialegend,
back to sender. You are slowpoke No 1 and the only one on this thread.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by fender(m): 9:35am On Dec 19, 2008
chyk91:

from nafdac to info minister, no be small thing oh, it would have been better if she was still nafdac chairman or better still health minister. N.A.I.J.A

No be say u talk am. She supposed to have remained there. Soonest we will begin to combat the menace of fake drugs and all that.
Poor naija!! When we move a step forward, we move ten steps backward. God will help us.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Ohnow: 9:43am On Dec 19, 2008
This is absolutely pathetic , Wat a Country  cry. So much for the "SEARCH FOR TECHNOCRATS", even after 20 wasted months. This is just putting a square peg in a round hole. But who knows, undecided
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by hollandis(f): 9:45am On Dec 19, 2008
I AM STILL WAITING FOR AKINYULI'S REACTION TO THIS NOMINATION,OR HAS SHE ACCEPTED IT? shocked
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Chetachuku(m): 9:47am On Dec 19, 2008
She can always adapt to any office she finds herself. Information ministry is good for her since she knows a lot about image projections. Before she took over from Prof. Gabriel Osuide as NAFDAC boss, nobody knew so much about the agency. She made NAFDAC what it is today. I just hope that she will find reason to refine her ways of image projection since Nigeria is a country not an agency.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Muza(m): 10:03am On Dec 19, 2008
hollandis:

I AM STILL WAITING FOR AKINYULI'S REACTION TO THIS NOMINATION,OR HAS SHE ACCEPTED IT? shocked

are u in the past? grin
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by hollandis(f): 10:07am On Dec 19, 2008
Muza:

are u in the past?  grin
She actually bowed down to the senate to accept the nomination shocked Na him we sit down here dey yarn opata
Yeparipa
please moderator send this thread to the recycle bin JARE
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by BOSS7: 10:10am On Dec 19, 2008
hollandis:

check the link below.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200812184533762

She actually said her posting is divine and basically she's just telling you all that she's a politician first and then a revolutionist second.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by hollandis(f): 10:31am On Dec 19, 2008
B.O.S.S.:

check the link below.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200812184533762

She actually said her posting is divine and basically she's just telling you all that she's a politician first and then a revolutionist second.

Nna men!
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Muza(m): 10:34am On Dec 19, 2008
how could she resist the mouth watering offer,
Being a minister is one in a life time opportunity at the national cake,
she is human (sorry,nigerian) after all

Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by pator(m): 10:37am On Dec 19, 2008
For me Yaradua is the most insecere president Nigeria has ever had. I appreciate Obasanjo much more in putting the round peg in the round hole, although he might not allow them to cross his path. I think we need to pray more for this country.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Tamunofiri(m): 10:43am On Dec 19, 2008
Dora is a synonym for effective and transparent public service. Info and communication minister has to be someone who is meticulous and discreet, that position may just put her in a very tight corner, and lets pray it doesnt ruin her credibility cos she has to chip in some lies sometimes and other times diplomacy. Pray for her!God bless Nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bomb Attacks In Maiduguri Injure JTF Members / Chief Molade Okoya Thomas, The Founder Of Eleganza Group, Is Dead. / Fuel Price Hike: NLC, FG Resume Talks Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.