Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,350 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? (4757 Views)

Northerners Are Now gods That Southerners Should Worship.. Punch: opinion / Hypocrite Of Southerners And Brotherhood Of Northerners / Where Are GEJ And His Spokespeople? - America Cant Afford Any Gaffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by obailala(m): 7:58pm On Jan 11, 2015
dcaliph:
because tribalism and religion don't put food on the table.
A very simple and explicit answer...

1. Clanishness does not put food on the table...
2. The southerners are way too enlightened hence are aware of no.1 above unlike the majority illiterate northern population.

“Of what use is my brother, my blood brother who is not going to move the nation forward? And you want me to vote for him because he is my brother?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Adminisher: 8:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
Buttocks:
Because Yoruba people are born saboteurs.

Yorubas are known to sabotage bad governments. We even sabotaged Obasanjos third term agenda and "do or die" politics. hough to be fair to him he did not want it bad enough, if he had spent up to N2.5 trillion like some people in govt now have done maybe he would have gotten it and nothing would have happened.
That is Nigeria for you.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
Because the south are never blinded by tribal sentiment, they see what is right and call it right that's why we have been more prosperous
Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Alphaoscar: 8:04pm On Jan 11, 2015
@ OP, maybe u should ask Jonathan why he label a whole section of that same Southern Nigeria rascals.

apart from that I have not sincerely found a good reason why I should vote for him. I won't vote for someone base on where he hail from but base on his perceived competence.

I will rather vote for an outsider than vote for my brother that will turn around to demolish my house or take over the family compound all in the name of displaying his new found wealth or power.

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by SUBMARINE: 8:06pm On Jan 11, 2015
TRUTHTELA:
Why is it that majority of those that are opposing Jonathan's relection are christians from the Southern part of Nigeria. The North, just sit back and watch you guys destroy one of your own politically.

What's behind this huge opposition and uprising against Jonathan from the South and Christians ?

Point of correction

SW APC out of greed for VP position and oil wells cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
Because we need change in our country
Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
macof:

And what have northern leaders done about their immediate problems?
GEJ to blame when the Northern leaders are mute
you know the northern leaders has condemned boko haram, that is the much the can do. They can‘t by guns and give people to fight bh, that would be treason; they can only talk. GEJ is the CnC, he command the arm forces, he is the one in charge of security. What has he done to address the complain of sodiers in the front line. How can sodiers be complaining of bullets?

Truth be told the northerners are trying, they are the ones fighting boko haram with their local weapons not the sodiers. We know that northern hunters defeated boko haram in mubi.

Come to think of it why are you calling northern elders? Were they voted by the people to secure them? Its like me complaining of arm robbery and kidnapping in benin and you are asking me what is Aneni and Igbinedion doing about it?

4 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by SUBMARINE: 8:18pm On Jan 11, 2015
Adminisher:

Yorubas are known to sabotage bad governments. We even sabotaged Obasanjos third term agenda and "do or die" politics. hough to be fair to him he did not want it bad enough, if he had spent up to N2.5 trillion like some people in govt now have done maybe he would have gotten it and nothing would have happened.
That is Nigeria for you.

And you guys never sabotaged his 2and term after a first term failure

You guys never voted the righteous Buhari in 2003

Hypocrisy at its peak grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by macof(m): 8:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
Adminisher:

Yorubas moved for independence, resisted Abacha, lost families and wives. June 12 was Yoruba, all political radicals in the south, Gani Fawehinmi, Fela, Falana, Wole Soyinka, Tai Solarin were Yorubas. In the South in terms of radicalism we also had Ijaws like Adaka Boro, Saro Wiwa, even this misguided Asari Dokubo and the now corrupt Tom Polo have been resisters.
Kindly furnish me any other southern tribes apart from Yoruba and Ijaw who have resisted the establishment in Nigeria?.
I need you to mention any Ibos who have ever done this?.

If you say Nzeogwu, I will educate you by saying Nzeogwu was essentially a Hausa radical officer, the troops he used to kill Sardauna were all Hausa troops which reinforces all I have been saying against those who think Hausa Fulani people are dumb followers of aristocrats.
So in all these radical political movements in Nigeria where we're the Ibos?. I will tell you where they were, they were trading and making money.

All this proves my point. Yoruba have not held their ground and taken their place in Nigerian politics...we just let people...especially the North to blow us like wind
Pathetic!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by nku5: 8:30pm On Jan 11, 2015
Adminisher:

Yorubas moved for independence, resisted Abacha, lost families and wives. June 12 was Yoruba, all political radicals in the south, Gani Fawehinmi, Fela, Falana, Wole Soyinka, Tai Solarin were Yorubas. In the South in terms of radicalism we also had Ijaws like Adaka Boro, Saro Wiwa, even this misguided Asari Dokubo and the now corrupt Tom Polo have been resisters.
Kindly furnish me any other southern tribes apart from Yoruba and Ijaw who have resisted the establishment in Nigeria?.
I need you to mention any Ibos who have ever done this?.

If you say Nzeogwu, I will educate you by saying Nzeogwu was essentially a Hausa radical officer, the troops he used to kill Sardauna were all Hausa troops which reinforces all I have been saying against those who think Hausa Fulani people are dumb followers of aristocrats.
So in all these radical political movements in Nigeria where we're the Ibos?. I will tell you where they were, they were trading and making money.

I am not aware that June 12 was a Yoruba thing. I am also sure that the likes of Dr Alex Ekwueme, Olisa Agbakoba, Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu, Late Comrade Chima Ubani, Late Polycarp Nwite and lots of other igbo heroes who fought for June 12/Abacha did not know it was a yoruba thing. Maybe they wouldn't have risked their lives.

I guess they thought it was a nigerian thing.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Vikky014(f): 8:40pm On Jan 11, 2015
zimoni:
We dey claim sabiness and sophistication nah.

Truly GEJ has erred a lot.

One can only vote for him if one wants to be biased like the Hausas who will always protect their own.

A Speaker seat was given to Yoruba and our people decided to give it out to Hausas for the reason best known to them. They say what was the difference when Eteh and Bank-Ole were the Speakers?

Hausas would never give out a councillorship seat to a Southerner let alone Speaker.

As far as they are concerned, it's

Fawar

Fawar

Fawar and

Fawar.

It is as if Fawar is their Oxygen. They can do anything because of Fawar.

I would have loved to vote Jonathan but he didn't perform up to expectation.

My problem with voting Buhari is the issue of "Fawar must return to the North". I hate that fvcking statement.

They should stop reminding us that Fawar Must Return To The North. It's bullshitt.

I'm just confused whom to vote out of the two Muntullars.

Let the best emerge o jarey.

The worst that may happen is post-election violence.

I don't see INEC announcing Buhari as the winner. PDP no go gree.

I hope God shall answer my prayer by allowing this country to disintegrate into pieces in this 2015 o jarey. I just wanna go my separate way o jarey.

To your tent oh Israel.

God punish devil.
lol@ fawar fawar.soo true

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by bakila: 8:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
eph12:

I wish I know the answer to this question
There is very little excuse to vote Goodluck in the North. Imposition of candidates in his own pdp in the North, Taraba and Adamawa is a reference case.
Most Governors who support in the North have performed Poorly o they see that he does not have their region at heart.
Importantly most Northerners believe a conspiracy theory that Boko haram was taken over or igonered by goverment or peo in cohort with her todepopulate and unsettle it.
Again he has not performed so well.

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by focus7: 8:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
Jonathan is an hypocrites, he represents unrighteouness and I as christian I cannot support unrighteousness.
Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
Thats an interesting question.

Southern Nigerians care more about the socio-economic and socio-political affairs of the country than Northern Nigerians. The northerners just want one of their own to be in the seat of power and thats all - They don't care about his performance or state of health - as long he's a northerner and muslim, they're fine. Every other aspect takes the back seat. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Gbawe: 8:56pm On Jan 11, 2015
TRUTHTELA:
Why is it that majority of those that are opposing Jonathan's relection are christians from the Southern part of Nigeria. The North, just sit back and watch you guys destroy one of your own politically.

What's behind this huge opposition and uprising against Jonathan from the South and Christians ?

@OP.

what is "one of your own" about this matter? He is President to all Nigerians and has failed us all so kindly stop this patronising and clannish attempt to insinuate Nigerians in the south owe GEJ automatic and blind support.

Speak for yourself and your household. I was not raised to tolerate and/or support injustice amd wickedness because it is my "brother" dishing it out to others. Call a spade a spade and stop disgracing the expensive education your parents gave you.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by zimoni(f): 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2015
Vikky014:
lol@ fawar fawar.soo true

I dey tell you.

Those dudes can do anything for Fawar

They can go to any extent because of Fawar

It's all about FAWAR FAWAR and FAWAR.

Jonathan's incompetence has made most people to clamour for change, otherwise nothing would make me vote for those DESPERATE FAWAR FEOFLE.
Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2015
zimoni:
We dey claim sabiness and sophistication nah.

Truly GEJ has erred a lot.

One can only vote for him if one wants to be biased like the Hausas who will always protect their own.

A Speaker seat was given to Yoruba and our people decided to give it out to Hausas for the reason best known to them. They say what was the difference when Eteh and Bank-Ole were the Speakers?

Hausas would never give out a councillorship seat to a Southerner let alone Speaker.

As far as they are concerned, it's

Fawar

Fawar

Fawar and

Fawar.

It is as if Fawar is their Oxygen. They can do anything because of Fawar.

I would have loved to vote Jonathan but he didn't perform up to expectation.

My problem with voting Buhari is the issue of "Fawar must return to the North". I hate that fvcking statement.

They should stop reminding us that Fawar Must Return To The North. It's bullshitt.

I'm just confused whom to vote out of the two Muntullars.

Let the best emerge o jarey.

The worst that may happen is post-election violence.

I don't see INEC announcing Buhari as the winner. PDP no go gree.

I hope God shall answer my prayer by allowing this country to disintegrate into pieces in this 2015 o jarey. I just wanna go my separate way o jarey.

To your tent oh Israel.

God punish devil.

if u don't stand for something, u can fall for anything
Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by zimoni(f): 9:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
correctguy0900:

if u don't stand for something, u can fall for anything

Bawse,

The Only Thing I Sincerely Want Is Oduduwa Republic.

Lobatan.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by san316(m): 10:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
The ethnic card again.

You are accusing the north of born to rule mentality. please consider the following.

1. the north voted Obj into power against gmb .
2. it was obj that forced yaradua down our throats. he wasn't that popular in the north.
3. The APC primaries was a well contested election in which relatively all regions were represented. they decided to choose GMB, a northerner. if rochaz were chosen, he would have got our support still.
4. It was PDP that refused to have a primary and gej suppressed all possible contestant. he was the consensus candidate, another word for imposition.
5. In 2011 PDP primaries, gej was overwhelmingly voted by delegates with a chunk of northerners.
6.If GEJ has actually done well, his people would still support him. but the Christians have born the brunt of his bad leadership.
7. people from the south now support GMB not because of his root but because he is the alternative to the cancerous government we currently have.
8. the useless gej you are having high bp for is as slavish as you can ever imagine. if he really had the interest of the ss, why is it that northerners like ibb and abdussalam still have the lion share of oil wells in Nigeria.

Finally, I leave you with an African proverb

"A madman dancing in the market is entertainment to the onlookers but a shame to his relatives"

Are you not ashamed that gej has disgraced your people?

7 Likes

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by eph12(m): 10:56pm On Jan 11, 2015
bakila:

There is very little excuse to vote Goodluck in the North. Imposition of candidates in his own pdp in the North, Taraba and Adamawa is a reference case.
Most Governors who support in the North have performed Poorly o they see that he does not have their region at heart.
Importantly most Northerners believe a conspiracy theory that Boko haram was taken over or igonered by goverment or peo in cohort with her todepopulate and unsettle it.
Again he has not performed so well.
Which of the governors did not perform poorly in Nigeria? Especially those in their second tenures?
As for people claiming that the BH was ignored by the government, well that's what they believe because their leaders want them to believe so. I thank God that I was alive when the northern leaders were crying genocide anytime the soldiers attack BH. Enough said.

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by skyfall: 5:42am On Jan 12, 2015
"One of their own" indeed, scammer!

There's nothing you blind Jonathan supporters won't do to make us accept your inept messiah.

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by DaBullIT(m): 6:36am On Jan 12, 2015
F22RAPTOR:
Politically, we Southerners are weak, loyalty is dead. Even if a northern president is 'worse' than worse, his kinsmen will stand with him.

[size=15pt]But then, 2 other major tribes and majority of Nigerians would still detest him[/size], Everybody's design is unique, but when everybody sees bad qualities him, loyalty will not come to play, he'd be attacked and hated as much , doesn't matter if its a southerner, northerner , or any part, its about the results and the merits and the successes achieved while holding his post
Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by PassingShot(m): 6:40am On Jan 12, 2015
Adminisher:
CORRUPTION IS WHY.
Lack of inferiority complex is exactly why we are voting Buhari. We dont think the north is superior so we doht feel desperate to return a clueless corrupt southerner into office.

I concur with this.
Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by DaBullIT(m): 6:43am On Jan 12, 2015
zimoni:

Bawse,

The Only Thing I Sincerely Want Is Oduduwa Republic.

Lobatan.

Be careful of what you wish for , you might get it but not like it , also it may kill you
Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by arsetalks(m): 6:49am On Jan 12, 2015
TRUTHTELA:

One of your own? Are the northerners not Nigerians? They are not one of our own simply because they are from another religion or region?

Rubbish talk. Why would anyone sane man want to be associated with a man who thinks stealing is not corruption? Who will want to associate with a leader who can not bridle his tongue?

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by zimoni(f): 7:31am On Jan 12, 2015
DaBullIT:

Be careful of what you wish for , you might get it but not like it , also it may kill you

Thanks Bawse.

That is all I want.

Oduduwa Republic or Nothing.
Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 12, 2015
J12:
Thats an interesting question.

Southern Nigerians care more about the socio-economic and socio-political affairs of the country than Northern Nigerians. The northerners just want one of their own to be in the seat of power and thats all - They don't care about his performance or state of health - as long he's a northerner and muslim, they're fine. Every other aspect takes the back seat. grin

Sir I do not agree with you. The real division of Nigeria isn‘t North and south, but the elite and the masses. The elites from the north and south wants power, but the masses want better standard of living.

The reasons the masses like voting people from their zones it‘s that they feel those from their zones address their needs more than those far away.

The south unanimously supported GEJ the last time, but we know that even if he wins again he will not do anything for us. GEJ won Edo an AC state the last time, Edo people voted for him thinking that he would remember us more than an hausa man. But he did not do anything, even bayelsans are complaining.

The real difference between a northern president and a southern president is, A southerner forgets his people eg OBJ and GEJ, but a northern presidents always remembers his people.
Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by MyMouth(m): 7:41am On Jan 12, 2015
GuY, its because those from the north are mostly not on social media and they don't make noise, they act! You go see their action come fed 14th.
Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by F22RAPTOR(m): 7:44am On Jan 12, 2015
DaBullIT:

[size=15pt]But then, 2 other major tribes and majority of Nigerians would still detest him[/size], Everybody's design is unique, but when everybody sees bad qualities him, loyalty will not come to play, he'd be attacked and hated as much , doesn't matter if its a southerner, northerner , or any part, its about the results and the merits and the successes achieved while holding his post
you are not understanding me at all, do you even know the meaning of loyalty?...Even if he comes under attack by other people, his own ought to remain supportive of him despite the odds, that's loyalty. a perfect example is the late Musa 'Yaradua, they knew he was brain dead, a vegetable, they still kept him alive in our minds, siphoning more monies in his name. Let's not forget Gov. Suntai case. these northerners are politically more matured than we are. I say it again, we southerners are not united and loyalty is dead.
Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Emperor007: 7:48am On Jan 12, 2015
Please direct this question to the "South West"

It is South West regular trade mark...

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by Emperor007: 7:51am On Jan 12, 2015
Because it is the regular trade mark of South West

Re: Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? by size38: 8:15am On Jan 12, 2015
The reason is very simple. This is because southerners and christian body don't like celebrating incompetence, clueless people. Backwardness etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Seek 20-years Jail Term For Terrorism Financiers - Newtelegraphonline / Seun Okinbaloye of Channels TV Talks Too Much / Akure Bye Election Results Comes In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.