Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) (2537 Views)

Ambode Commissions Ojodu Berger Bridge (Photos) / Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) / Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by Damayor12(m): 11:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
A razing fire has been reported around 3rd mainland bridge, Ebute Metta area.. Anybody confirm this?

1 Like

Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by BraveAfrican(m): 11:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by chronique(m): 12:20am On Jan 12, 2015
This is serious! The major bridge connecting the island and the mainland? God help us. I hope no life was lost though.

But on a lighter note,I feel the people living on the island are quarelling with the people on the mainland. Hence,they decided to burn the bridge so that mainland people won't come there again.

1 Like

Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by jingh(f): 12:22am On Jan 12, 2015
where d fire service men
someone call d emergency hotline

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by Chiefpriest1(m): 12:36am On Jan 12, 2015
Hope it won't spread and destroy anything. Not likely though.

As for the firemen, I am sure they are already snoring in their houses or even if awake,they would complain that there's no water.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by Brahms(m): 12:41am On Jan 12, 2015
I trust Lagos State Fire Service.
Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by eaglechild: 12:41am On Jan 12, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
Hope it won't spread and destroy anything. Not likely though.

As for the firemen, I am sure they are already snoring in their houses or even if awake,they would complain that there's no water.
APC states do not have functional fire service.

Don't forget what happened in Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by tomakint: 12:42am On Jan 12, 2015
How unfortunate This harmattan and fire are not friends, I hope the Fire Service men had gone to the rescue. @ op you are right, it was confirmed!
Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by aresa: 12:59am On Jan 12, 2015
eaglechild:

APC states do not have functional fire service.

Don't forget what happened in Ibadan.

I'm 100% sure you can not and won't show us anything similar from your village...

2 Likes

Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by publicenemy(m): 1:01am On Jan 12, 2015
Abi BH don bomb 3rd mainland bridge as the promise?
Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by scribble: 1:05am On Jan 12, 2015
chronique:
This is serious! The only bridge connecting the island and the mainland? God help us. I hope no life was lost though.

But on a lighter note,I feel the people living on the island are quarelling with the people on the mainland. Hence,they decided to burn the bridge so that mainland people won't come there again.

You realize they call it third mainland bridge because of the two other bridges connecting mainland to island. Anyway this normally happens every once in a while as a result of the sawmill close to the bridge.

1 Like

Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by eaglechild: 1:25am On Jan 12, 2015
aresa:

I'm 100% sure you can not and won't show us anything similar from your village...
Then why did the heritage mall burn down?

It was not a one minute affair but something that happened over time.

4 Likes

Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by anonimi: 1:28am On Jan 12, 2015
aresa:

Do you know the difference between these two words:

- Functional

and

- Decorative i.e. for show/photo only

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by aresa: 1:38am On Jan 12, 2015
eaglechild:

Then why did the heritage mall burn down?

It was not a one minute affair but something that happened over time.

I was expecting you to show us something similar from your village, not your worthless trolling nonsense... Where is the fire service in your village..?

1 Like

Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by aresa: 1:40am On Jan 12, 2015
anonimi:

- Functional

and

Trolls and their unintelligent and meaningless nonsense bore me..

2 Likes

Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by eaglechild: 1:52am On Jan 12, 2015
anonimi:

- Functional

and

grin grin
He apparently doesn't.

4 Likes

Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by anonimi: 1:56am On Jan 12, 2015
aresa:

Understandable from someone who does internet warrior work for a political party that has NO functional agenda on education! angry
What a pity!!

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by Ebubeslym(m): 2:16am On Jan 12, 2015
was it on the bridge or houses situated near the bridge?
Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by gunuvi(m): 2:49am On Jan 12, 2015
aresa:

I was expecting you to show us something similar from your village, not your worthless trolling nonsense... Where is the fire service in your village..?
Is that question too hard for you to answer?
Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by Mynd44: 2:53am On Jan 12, 2015
That's the timber market. Bridges don't burn like that except a powerful fuel is used because they are made of reinforced concrete. I will love to see concrete burn sha.
Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by listenersky: 3:29am On Jan 12, 2015
chronique:
This is serious! The only bridge connecting the island and the mainland? God help us. I hope no life was lost though.

Sir,This is not the only bridge connecting island and mainland in Lagos. We have two other bridges.and when you are on third mainland bridge going to the island, look to your right, you will see these two other bridges.
Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by brutef0rce101: 3:48am On Jan 12, 2015
[s]
anonimi:

Understandable from someone who does internet warrior work for a political party that has NO functional agenda on education! angry
What a pity!!

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos
[/s]

Kettle calling pot black. A paid tout calling someone else paid, ahahahaha. I laugh o

1 Like

Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by aresa: 4:06am On Jan 12, 2015
gunuvi:

Is that question too hard for you to answer?

Why bother myself with idiotic and senseless question?

Don't you first have to prove to me with facts that there is no functional fire service and $35 million fire engines is just for decoration?

The fact that many of you are capable of spewing unintelligent rubbish doesn't mean you are relevant and important or even matter.
Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by aresa: 4:07am On Jan 12, 2015
[s]
anonimi:

What a pity!!

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by adaweezy(m): 4:09am On Jan 12, 2015
Ambode for stability
Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by TrishaP(f): 5:38am On Jan 12, 2015
This pic look like film
Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by chronique(m): 7:45am On Jan 12, 2015
Oh! That's true. Carter bridge and the other one. Forgot about those two. Guess it's cause one usually uses third mainland often.
scribble:

You realize they call it third mainland bridge because of the two other bridges connecting mainland to island. Anyway this normally happens every once in a while as a result of the sawmill close to the bridge.
Re: Fire Around Third Mainland Bridge!! (photos) by chronique(m): 7:49am On Jan 12, 2015
Yeah,you're right. Carter bridge and the other one. I think carter bridge runs from ebutte metta/yaba(not too sure though). I hardly pass through those other two. I guess that why I forgot there are two other bridges there.
listenersky:
Sir,This is not the only bridge connecting island and mainland in Lagos. We have two other bridges.and when you are on third mainland bridge going to the island, look to your right, you will see these two other bridges.

(1) (Reply)

Video Shows Bauchi Youths Destroying Jonathan Bilboard Today. (WATCH) / Amaechi Stole N53.930BN From Reserve Fund – Rivers Probe Commission / Why Is Everyone Ignoring This Inexplicable Fuel Scarcity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.