Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,078 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Her Parents Rejected Him. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Parents Rejected Him. (2133 Views)

Photographer Documents In Touching Images Her Parents' Struggle With Cancer 4. / Pls, At What Age Can A Girl Tell Her Parents She Has A Boyfriend / I Proposed To Her And She Said Yes And Her Parents Agreed Too. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Parents Rejected Him. by Silentnoise(m): 9:07am On Jan 12, 2015
I have a female friend who hails from Nnewi in Anambra State.. She is dating a guy she loves and who loves her back in every word of it,.. The guy proposed to her and she accepted. On seeing how serious he is, she mentioned him to her mum who inquired Where's from.. That was where things went sour.. The guy in question is from Kalabari in Rivers state.. The mum said Over her dead body will her first Daughter get married to someone from Rivers State.. Her sisters are in support of this guy but her aunties have one voice with her mum.. They both love themselves so much but are @ cross road with this development.... How can they be Victorious in this situations...? Over to you, house..
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by gede7744(f): 9:14am On Jan 12, 2015
maybe d mother have someone in mind for her. so let's ask her first
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 12, 2015
love go soon clear from unĂ  eye
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by Silentnoise(m): 9:18am On Jan 12, 2015
According to her, her mum doesn't yet.. But what's with Ibos and tribe discrimination..? We are in the jet Age...
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by spacyzuma(m): 9:21am On Jan 12, 2015
Life is rarely fair.

The marriage is between the man and the woman. Not their families. If they really want to be together, they should marry and learn to keep a safe distance from opposing relatives. Those relatives are not the one to build a marriage.

It's a tough choice, and not everyone can ignore family and do what they really want. But hey, life is rarely fair.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by Silentnoise(m): 9:23am On Jan 12, 2015
spacyzuma:
Life is rarely fair.

The marriage is between the man and the woman. Not their families. If they really want to be together, they should marry and learn to keep a safe distance from oppeosing relatives. Those relatives are not the one to build a marriage.

It's a tough choice, and not everyone can ignore family and do what they really want. But hey, life is rarely fair.
Thanks bro, really appreciated..

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by spacyzuma(m): 9:23am On Jan 12, 2015
Silentnoise:
According to her, her mum doesn't yet.. But what's with Ibos and tribe discrimination..? We are in the jet Age...

What's with *most Nigerians* and tribe discrimination...

Yes, we live in the Jet Age (or whatever way to describe this era of scientific advance) but humans always find ways to discriminate and segregate themselves. Be it by race, skin colour, gender, tribe, nation, religious belief, intellect, sexual preference, financial status, etc.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by busterr(m): 9:23am On Jan 12, 2015
after they will say we are one niggeria
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by Silentnoise(m): 9:27am On Jan 12, 2015
spacyzuma:

What's with *most Nigerians* and tribe discrimination...

Yes, we live in the Jet Age (or whatever way to describe this era of scientific advance) but humans always find ways to discriminate and segregate themselves. Be it by race, skin colour, gender, tribe, nation, religious belief, intellect, sexual preference, financial status, etc.
You are tight, it is everywhere but I've noticed it more with the Ibos, sometimes their Daughters get pregnant hoping that will settle things... Sometimes it does, other times, it doesn't..
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by mirexxx(f): 9:28am On Jan 12, 2015
all i can say is...love is a sanctuary,and anyone who comes in btw love is committing a sacrilege kiss

moms sha
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by Silentnoise(m): 9:31am On Jan 12, 2015
mirexxx:
all i can say is...love is a sanctuary,and anyone who comes in btw love is committing a sacrilege kiss

moms sha
So what's the way forward for this love birds..?
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by mirexxx(f): 9:42am On Jan 12, 2015
Silentnoise:

So what's the way forward for this love birds..?
seek Gods face in prayers. and plead with d mom. if dey r meant 2 b God will touch d moms heart 2 let dem get married.

dey ain't in a hurry are dey?
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 12, 2015
Best way is to try convincing the mum. And what about the dad? Doesn't he have a say in this? As much as I wouldn't advice she leaves the one she loves, I also wouldn't advice she damns her mum. And has the mum met the guy? He might actually make her believe all Rivers guys aint the same.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by Silentnoise(m): 9:49am On Jan 12, 2015
mirexxx:
seek Gods face in prayers. and plead with d mom. if dey r meant 2 b God will touch d moms heart 2 let dem get married.

dey ain't in a hurry are dey?
Thanks.. They are not in a hurry... To be honest with u, it pains me so much how parents will live their lives and want to live the lives of their children.. Atleast they sent their children to school to be responsible adult and to be good decision takers and accept whatever string attached to it...Its quite unfortunate really that some parents don't believe in their children and the choices they make.. My parents always truste and respect my judgement no matter what it is..

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by Silentnoise(m): 9:53am On Jan 12, 2015
MzPreshie:
Best way is to try convincing the mum. And what about the dad? Doesn't he have a say in this? As much as I wouldn't advice she leaves the one she loves, I also wouldn't advice she damns her mum. And has the mum met the guy? He might actually make her believe all Rivers guys aint the same.
The mum is the real issue here, women have this ability to convince.. You know that.. Her mum is yet to meet the guy that's the funny part and she holds grudges already.. Really disappointing
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by mirexxx(f): 10:00am On Jan 12, 2015
Silentnoise:

Thanks.. They are not in a hurry... To be honest with u, it pains me so much how parents will live their lives and want to live the lives of their children.. Atleast they sent their children to school to be responsible adult and to be good decision takers and accept whatever string attached to it...Its quite unfortunate really that some parents don't believe in their children and the choices they make.. My parents always truste and respect my judgement no matter what it is..
tribalism at its peak! if she marries an Igbo guy now and he turns into sumfin else wen she enters his house nko marrying sum1 ur tribe is not a ticket to a happy marriagekiss dats naija parents 4 u sha

i hope d mom changes her mind and let d two bekiss

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by Melahou(m): 10:04am On Jan 12, 2015
forget about the relationship and move on...

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by mirexxx(f): 10:07am On Jan 12, 2015
Melahou:
its not as easy as u say itkiss

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by Silentnoise(m): 10:15am On Jan 12, 2015
Melahou:
Lol.. Just like that.?do u give up that easily in life situations..? Change that mindset, it won't help u generally...
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by dechandel(f): 10:17am On Jan 12, 2015
So this ideology of the first daughter not marrying out of her tribe is still in existence?
There is really nothing like one Nigeria angry

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by Melahou(m): 10:51am On Jan 12, 2015
Silentnoise:

Lol.. Just like that.?do u give up that easily in life situations..? Change that mindset, it won't help u generally...

my dear..if you have gotten to that point then you`ll understand better...
i presume you are not married yet
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by Melahou(m): 10:54am On Jan 12, 2015
mirexxx:

yes i know...but you neva cant tell how far the mum can go to make sure that marriage does not hold...
it doesnt alwys work out in most cases
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by Silentnoise(m): 10:57am On Jan 12, 2015
Melahou:

my dear..if you have gotten to that point then you`ll understand better...
i presume you are not married yet
Lol.. I don't know about you bro, but I never give up in any situation without a fight.. David killed Goliath... That won't have happened if David never took a Bold step
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by mirexxx(f): 11:02am On Jan 12, 2015
Melahou:

yes i know...but you neva cant tell how far the mum can go to make sure that marriage does not hold...
it doesnt alwys work out in most cases
yea,maybe kiss
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by SkinnyDude(m): 11:06am On Jan 12, 2015
i can marry from another tribe. but my sister won't dare try it...
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by Melahou(m): 11:07am On Jan 12, 2015
Silentnoise:

Lol.. I don't know about you bro, but I never give up in any situation without a fight.. David killed Goliath... That won't have happened if David never took a Bold step

what you call given up in this case is quite different...this has to do with the happiness of your wife and that of your family members
especially you mum

would you rather see you mum and you wife on each other`s throat all the time?
am not saying it cant work out but it can on a ratio of 2:10
and that could be after so many years before you`ll begin to no peace.
am not speaking out of experience but i have heard so many cases that has to do with
not wanting their first daughter to marry from a particular tribe
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by samtol4(m): 12:29pm On Jan 12, 2015
mirexxx:
winners don't quit and quitters don't win

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by englishmart(m): 12:43pm On Jan 12, 2015
op don't lie. This might be your case
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by Silentnoise(m): 12:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
englishmart:
op don't lie. This might be your case
Wrong brother.. My best friend..
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by drnoel: 4:13pm On Jan 12, 2015
Silentnoise:
I have a female friend who hails from Nnewi in Anambra State.. She is dating a guy she loves and who loves her back in every word of it,.. The guy proposed to her and she accepted. On seeing how serious he is, she mentioned him to her mum who inquired Where's from.. That was where things went sour.. The guy in question is from Kalabari in Rivers state.. The mum said Over her dead body will her first Daughter get married to someone from Rivers State.. Her sisters are in support of this guy but her aunties have one voice with her mum.. They both love themselves so much but are @ cross road with this development.... How can they be Victorious in this situations...? Over to you, house..

She should get pregnant 4 d guy. It will break her patents heart but if they decide to be stubborn then they should expect anything.
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by Silentnoise(m): 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2015
drnoel:

She should get pregnant 4 d guy. It will break her patents heart but if they decide to be stubborn then they should expect anything.
Thanks man.. Appreciated.... But it's a two way thing.. They might accept grudgingly and let them get married or they might not accept and let decide the dude does not train the child.. In other words.. The parents might decide to train the child themselves..
Re: Her Parents Rejected Him. by drnoel: 5:10pm On Jan 12, 2015
Silentnoise:

Thanks man.. Appreciated.... But it's a two way thing.. They might accept grudgingly and let them get married or they might not accept and let decide the dude does not train the child.. In other words.. The parents might decide to train the child themselves..

In a nigerian setting the ladies parent can only train the child if the father of the child is completely irresponsible. Since that is not the case here then I don't see it happening. When I saw the story it struck me like Deja vu cos I know someone it happened to in my set in uni. The guy was from north central and the girl was from igbo speaking parts of PH. The girls parents refused for more than 10 years. Their daughter refused anyone coming 4 her hand. She was not just a da but she was the only daughter. The girl met the guy in uni during her first degree she finished served and joined us in her second degree so she was not a child. By the way time we graduated was the 10 th year of their having to wait for her parents and as soon as we graduated she got pregnant 4 the guy. Everything went fast after then and they got married immediately.

See, when I took my wife to my parents. They called me on the side to question me and raised some questions about where her people come from. I just told em to first investigate her family and if they found something worrisome, I would listen to em. After the investigation they found nothing but still raised their problems cos they wanted me to marry from our place not just from our place but someone of their choosing. Someone they had hand picked.

I just told em and I quote "if u want to bring any person bring her. I will taste her and after am done. U can marry her since u want to marry from their family".

I continued and i quote "I don't see why u people are making issues cos she doesn't come from our place. If I leave here now and u pepole don't change ur minds. U will hear from ur friends that ur son got married and u will be asking urself how that happened".

I tell u. B4 I left they were all in favour and even begged me to allow them sponsor the wedding but I refused cos I knew it was a Greek gift.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, How True Is This? Pics!!! / Why?? / My Female Friend Confused Me And Almost Took My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.