Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,883 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". (4082 Views)

Jonathan Just Did Buhari A Big Favour / OPC Leader Confirms Jonathan Just Awarded Pipeline Contract To Them-sahara Rpts / Breaking!! Pdp/jonathan Just Took Cluelessness To A Whole New Level. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by anonimi: 4:23pm On Jan 12, 2015
Collynzo9:

You are an illiterate like your mentor Buhari.
So a Civil Engineer cannot refer to himself as an Engineer?

I wonder oh with all these petty bickerings by those who should be engaged on issues. Perhaps it reflects they have NO idea of what to discuss on issues affecting our people.

In addition there is this:

Jonathan holds a B.Sc. degree in Zoology in which he attained Second Class Honours. He holds an M.Sc. degree in Hydrobiology and Fisheries biology, and a PhD degree in Zoology from the University of Port Harcourt.

More from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodluck_Jonathan#Early_and_personal_life

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
onatisi:
he doesn't know ,yet he started by insulting the president,abi? No be ur fault.
I take God beg u,no vex
Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 12, 2015
onatisi:
no problem and I wish you the best of luck. Just focus and cooncentrate on ur studies ,it is obvious u aren't getting the best education as u don't know who a zoologist is and who is a biologist. Try and direct ur concentration in making urself a better person academically. Gej is already a success story therefore make ur own life too a success story .
GEJ a Success story or a lucky story?
Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by onatisi(m): 5:03pm On Jan 12, 2015
barcanista:
either way,he is one of them , and both are positive . How have u been?long time,I haven't been seeing u often,hope no problem?
Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 12, 2015
onatisi:
either way,he is one of them , and both are positive . How have u been?long time,I haven't been seeing u often,hope no problem?
well, I will say he has got lots of favors from God but to my opinion he wasted them. Except the FOI Act, I don't see any area to commend him. I've been fully around but less active on popular threads. How are you Sir?
Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by onatisi(m): 5:37pm On Jan 12, 2015
barcanista:
well, I will say he has got lots of favors from God but to my opinion he wasted them. Except the FOI Act, I don't see any area to commend him. I've been fully around but less active on popular threads. How are you Sir?
bros , I dey oo,I also have been trying to avoid popular threads. Well feb14 is just around the corner. You have ur opinions and I won't say they are not valid ,but I think no one or no government is perfect and considering the nigerian factor and people,it will be a miracle to have a leader who can do much given the time limit these politicians operate under. Time flies fast if care isn't taken. I believe nigerians are yet to fully reap the good thing the present govt has started,maybe in the next 2 years things will start taking shape gradually. Well this is just my opinion anyway.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by CHM11: 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2015
doctokwus:
Watching PDP campaign rally in Ibadan on live tv and heard our dear president call himself a "biologist". I thought he is a zoologist or has he forgotten?

So if a Dentist calls himself a medical doctor its wrong abi??
Or a chemist called himself a scientist its also wrong...

You people ehn!!!!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
onatisi:
bros , I dey oo,I also have been trying to avoid popular threads. Well feb14 is just around the corner. You have ur opinions and I won't say they are not valid ,but I think no one or no government is perfect and considering the nigerian factor and people,it will be a miracle to have a leader who can do much given the time limit these politicians operate under. Time flies fast if care isn't taken. I believe nigerians are yet to fully reap the good thing the present govt has started,maybe in the next 2 years things will start taking shape gradually. Well this is just my opinion anyway.
Goodluck Jonathan to my opinion should have placed governance ahead of politics. He did the reverse and failed in 99% of his promises.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by onatisi(m): 5:58pm On Jan 12, 2015
barcanista:
Goodluck Jonathan to my opinion should have placed governance ahead of politics. He did the reverse and failed in 99% of his promises.
well, we all have our different and diverse opinions . Let's just wait and see what happens on the 14th of february.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by lyntiffany(f): 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2015
mikeansy:
Is Zoology no longer a branch of Biology?
don't mind the olofofo he has shown how empty his numb skull is.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by lyntiffany(f): 6:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
berem:
He is ashamed to call himself a Zoologist that's why he said Biologist.

Jonadunce is very smart this time around.

grin grin
pls what is there to be ashamed of is zoology not a course of study ? smh.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by lyntiffany(f): 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2015
barcanista:
if being lucky is that simple then get lucky and climb to his level then I will know it's very easy to possess.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by Eziachi: 6:32pm On Jan 12, 2015
mikeansy:
Is Zoology no longer a branch of Biology?
You are absolutely right. But what Jonathan should have said if he intended to academical about it was to call himself a wildlife Biologist. Biology is a bit ambiguous because zoology is a subcategory of Biology as you said.
Probably he thought that Biologist sounds cooler than Zoologist grin grin

But,heck, this is an election years, politicians and their supporters will always pick on irrelevant things like whether he is a zoologist or Biologist.
Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by NavierStokes(m): 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2015
No GEJ rather is out to deal with the animal general. Yes thats what fela called him specifically. " my people are useless, my people are senseless, my people are undisciplined, which kind talk be that o, na animal talk be that o"( beast of no nation"wink truly the animals are coming back to ask for his rulership. Most of us are humans and not part of that and will never be. And if I will add, come failbuhari 14 the strong and right thinking will decide for the weak and senseless.

Please any response refer to Fela.

southniyikaye:
you don't need to insult a fellow,he doesn't know,all u need to do was enlighten him...all these pdp people,no wonder the zoologist dey govern una like say una be animal...
Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 12, 2015
lyntiffany:
if being lucky is that simple then get lucky and climb to his level then I will know it's very easy to possess.
what success came out of his luck? What is the definition of success? You Jonathanians are funny
Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2015
Eziachi:

You are absolutely right. But what Jonathan should have said if he intended to academical about it was to call himself a wildlife Biologist. Biology is a bit ambiguous because zoology is a subcategory of Biology as you said.
Probably he thought that Biologist sounds cooler than Zoologist. grin grin

But,heck, this is an election years, politicians and their supporters will always pick on irrelevant things like whether he is a zoologist or Biologist.
God bless you Pa Eziachi. He is just ashamed to call himself a Zoologist.

Shikena! grin
Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by chreldb(m): 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2015
Eziachi:

On the contrary I think Jonathan did the right thing. When speaking to a diverse crowd it is better to be professionally generic when referring to your field because only a few or nobody will know what you are saying if you are specific. So a classical or molecule geneticists, molecular biologist, developmental biologist, medical scientist, or the conventional biochemists, microbiologists, botanists or zoologist have every right to refer themselves and be referred to as biologists. Especially in a diverse situation. PS I'm not a Jonathan supporter but I can't sit back and allow science knowledge be sacrificed on the alter of politics and ignorance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by jmaine: 6:44pm On Jan 12, 2015
Eziachi:

And who told you that Zoology is all about wildlife?

As a medical doctor I don't expect you to be making such ignorant comment confidently.

The field of Zoology is way bigger and diverse than wildlife conservation.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by jmaine: 6:46pm On Jan 12, 2015
chreldb:

On the contrary I think Jonathan did the right thing. When speaking to a diverse crowd it is better to be professionally generic when referring to your field because only a few or nobody will know what you are saying if you are specific. So a classical or molecule geneticists, molecular biologist, developmental biologist, medical scientist, or the conventional biochemists, microbiologists, botanists or zoologist have every right to refer themselves and be referred to as biologists. Especially in a diverse situation. PS I'm not a Jonathan supporter but I can't sit back and allow science knowledge be sacrificed on the alter of politics and ignorance.

Post endorsed to be very apt . . . . .

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by jmaine: 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2015
doctokwus:
Watching PDP campaign rally in Ibadan on live tv and heard our dear president call himself a "biologist". I thought he is a zoologist or has he forgotten?

Next time,don't peddle your ignorance with so much joy. GEJ was very correct . . . . .

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by UpEdo: 7:27pm On Jan 12, 2015
jmaine:

As a medical doctor I don't expect you to be making such ignorant comment confidently.

Please who is medical doctor?
Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by omazus: 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2015
Cover your face in shame. Ignoramus
doctokwus:
Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by jmaine: 7:31pm On Jan 12, 2015
UpEdo:

Please who is medical doctor?

The person i quoted is a surgeon . . . .
Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by UpEdo: 7:32pm On Jan 12, 2015
jmaine:

The person i quoted is a surgeon . . . .
ok...he did not sound like one thats why i wanted to be sure what you meant. Thank you for clarifying it.
Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by jmaine: 7:36pm On Jan 12, 2015
UpEdo:

ok...he did not sound like one thats why i wanted to be sure what you meant. Thank you for clarifying it.

Lolz, he is oo! And a very experienced professional , i was shocked he could sound so ignorant embarassed . . . .

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:36pm On Jan 12, 2015
Collynzo9:

In uniport where our amiable President schooled and in most other schools, there is no special course of study called ''biology'', you have a school of biological sciences with departments like botany, microbiology, zoology etc under it.
Those who are termed biologists are just like people termed engineers, if you check deeper the are either microbiologists, botanists, zoologists.

Your excuses don't make sense.

If you told me: "Im a Biologist", Im not thinking to myself "Gee, he might be a zoologist or a botanist". He made a (innocent) mistake, period, don't try to excuse it thinking everyone else is dumb. When you do that it only makes you look like you're guilty of something.
Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by doctokwus: 7:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:

Your excuses don't make sense.

If you told me: "Im a Biologist", Im not thinking to myself "Gee, he might be a zoologist or a botanist". He made a (innocent) mistake, period, don't try to excuse it thinking everyone else is dumb. When you do that it only makes you look like you're guilty of something.
Someone that studied zoology at his undergraduate anddoctorate specialties still makes d primary school blunder of saying he is a biologist;yet pple still defend him.He also has d nerve to insult GMB saying he can't remember his telephone number.How many of us can at d spur of d moment when u have a whole nation's problems to worry about?
Anyway,Buhari till Jonathan admits he is a zoologist. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by vanndubi: 7:59pm On Jan 12, 2015
Collynzo9:

You are an illiterate like your mentor Buhari.
So a Civil Engineer cannot refer to himself as an Engineer?

Is there a course known as engineering? undecided
Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by Collynzo9: 8:01pm On Jan 12, 2015
vanndubi:

Is there a course known as engineering? undecided
Is there a course known as biology?
Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by lyntiffany(f): 8:41pm On Jan 12, 2015
barcanista:
what success came out of his luck? What is the definition of success? You Jonathanians are funny
and you bokoharist live in folly.
Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by Eziachi: 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2015
chreldb:

Be honest, how many in his audience are interested in zoology or Biology or even know what he talking about?
If his audience were students, academia or professionals, I will agree with you.
Jonathan's campaign so far lack any sort of planning, logical or consistent. The things he had been saying in his campaign like Buhari does not know his phone number is devoid of anything meaningful that can enhance your electoral fortune.
I think he lined with up men bereft of ideas to sale him to the public and that has shown. Look at how much time they wasted on Buhari's certificate?

Not being bias, if this election is won on organisation, sound bites and strategy and planning alone, APC will win it hands down. Look at APC CAMPAIGN time table. How they mapped it out, you can tell where they will be tomorrow well in advance, they often split the campaign between Osibanjo and Buhari to accommodate town hall meeting format.
Has any one seen Buhari's wife? because she is campaigning ward by ward in the north silently, I had been told.
Jonathan has so many valuable points that he could sell himself to the public with, but they don't seem to use any of it, rather his campaign is constantly reactionary to APC, something the opposition normally does. This my observation so far.
Because ignorant and uninformed people make fun of the word zoology, he thought today that it's a good idea to change it to biology. That is not necessary. A bit childish

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Just Called Himself A "Biologist". by Eziachi: 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2015
jmaine:

Because I studied it as part of my first degree. Wildlife zoology is what it's called when Biology is subcategorized. The word wildlife, got nothing to do with conservation, just an academic language within that scope.
Ask anyone worth asking.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 15 Highest Paid African Presidents 2015 / Buhari: Jonathan And His Wife Must Go To Jail / Bbc Interview: Aisha Buhari Facing Divorce Threat – Inside Source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.