Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Grace Without Works Is Dead! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grace Without Works Is Dead! (3981 Views)

Is Salvation By Faith Alone Or By Faith Plus Works, Is It Even By Faith At All? / . / Faith Without Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grace Without Works Is Dead! by trustman: 10:27am On Jan 23, 2015
[size=5pt]
efficiencie:

Bro truthman no man, no matter how pious and acetic, is worthy of anything from above! When i say WORKS i do not mean the works of mere men rather i mean the MOTIONS of people (good, bad or ugly) driven by their belief in the WILL of the Father expressed by the WORD, Jesus Christ.

So in this light i believe we agree!

Bro your discussion above does not capture the degree of the seriousness of what happens when FAITH is without WORKS Faith is not just stagnant or useless... It is DEAD! without WORKS! (I hope you now know what i mean by WORKS)...So grace may abound for a lifetime but if faith isn't backed with INSPIRED WORKS then grace is out of reach!

Many Christians are killed by erroneous teachings... if the woman with the issue of blood had remained in her house FASTING and PRAYING she'll remain sick, if the prostitute hadn't broken the jar of perfume and anointed Jesus' feet she wouldn't have been saved, if Peter had remained in the boat he would'nt have walked on water, if Moses didnt stretch his rod the waters wouldn't have parted, if David hadn't used his sling Goliath wouldn't have been silenced and slaughtered, if Elijah hadn't rebuilt the altar and called on the LORD fire wouldn't have fallen, if Elisha hadn't smote the water with Elijah's mantle the waters wouldn't have parted, if Jesus hadn't mixed spittle with clay and smeared it on the eyes of that man born blind that man would never see...

You see, from the Prostitute to the Messiah they all had on thing in common... they supernaturally knew the will of the Father, by the Word of God, Jesus Christ, in their hearts and they ACTED UPON THE WORD

Again I say, there are works and there are WORKS... and Grace without works is DEAD
[/size]

Let me ask a question:
What did Lazarus 'ACT UPON' before he was raised to life?

1 Like

Re: Grace Without Works Is Dead! by efficiencie(m): 12:45pm On Jan 23, 2015
trustman:
[size=5pt][/size]

Let me ask a question:
What did Lazarus 'ACT UPON' before he was raised to life?

Lazarus was the object of Faith and not the Subject... Lazarus wasn't the ACTIVATOR of Faith, Jesus was...and to whom the ACT of FAITH is credited GRACE is given. Even Jesus ACTED! ...he cried with a loud voice... and didn't just sit down and look and expect the miracle to happen without any ACTION at all!
Re: Grace Without Works Is Dead! by trustman: 1:34pm On Jan 23, 2015
efficiencie:

Lazarus was the object of Faith and not the Subject... Lazarus wasn't the ACTIVATOR of Faith, Jesus was...and to whom the ACT of FAITH is credited GRACE is given. Even Jesus ACTED! ...he cried with a loud voice... and didn't just sit down and look and expect the miracle to happen without any ACTION at all!

Unless your definition of the word 'faith' is different from what the Bible gives us then your statements are out of line with scripture. 

One biblical definition of 'faith' is trust/confidence. So when you say: "Lazarus was the object of Faith and not the Subject..." my question is 'how?'

When you say also that: "Even Jesus ACTED! ...he cried with a loud voice... and didn't just sit down and look and expect the miracle to happen without any ACTION at all!" are you saying that ANY ACTION (which perhaps to you amounts to work) makes 'faith' effective; no matter what that action is - shouting, clapping, jumping, etc. ?

Lastly, for now, is God's grace based on his integrity or man's?
Re: Grace Without Works Is Dead! by efficiencie(m): 5:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
trustman:

Unless your definition of the word 'faith' is different from what the Bible gives us then your statements are out of line with scripture. 

One biblical definition of 'faith' is trust/confidence. So when you say: "Lazarus was the object of Faith and not the Subject..." my question is 'how?'

When you say also that: "Even Jesus ACTED! ...he cried with a loud voice... and didn't just sit down and look and expect the miracle to happen without any ACTION at all!" are you saying that ANY ACTION (which perhaps to you amounts to work) makes 'faith' effective; no matter what that action is - shouting, clapping, jumping, etc. ?

Lastly, for now, is God's grace based on his integrity or man's?

My bro, grin i laugh seriously @ your cheesy funny stance cheesy

Jesus said if you faith is as lil as a mustard seed you'll speak to the mountains to be removed and be cast into the sea and it'll be so. The speaker is the ACTIVATOR of FAITH, while the mountain is the OBJECT of FAITH! This analogy answers your first question!

Uzza an Israelite WORKED and got a DAMNING CONSEQUENCE while Obededom of Gath, a Philistine, WORKED and got ENOUGH BENEVOLENCE FROM GOD TO MAKE KING DAVID JEALOUS There are works and there are WORKS...no work based on logic and empirics will ACTIVATE faith but works based on the Inspiration of the HolyGhost ACTIVATE faith and by faith DRAW grace. This answers your second question!

On your third question: the giver of a gift is the person whose name and integrity is on the line! ...but no matter how sincere the giver is, if the receiver folds his arms and walks out on the giver he'll get nothing no matter how sincere, benevolent and loving the giver is

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Should We Number Our Days? / Religion And Rationality / It's Here Again Christ Apostolic Church Youth Conference At Ikeji Ara Ikeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.