Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:07 AM

Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church (38636 Views)

What Death Looks Like. Though Alive, I Went There. / Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church / I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by pigin: 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2015
My boyfriend and I drove to
church one Sunday. I had gone to
his house on Friday from work; I
hadn’t visited him for a very long
time. Gosh! It was one of the
wildest weekends I have ever
witnessed.

From that Friday night, the only
break we had from the sheets
were times we had our meals and
a couple other times.
On Sunday, we got into church as
usual. We sang and danced like
every other worshipper.

My boyfriend and I were all
‘touchy touchy’; he would whisper
something into my ears and I
would whisper too. What looked
like Sunday as usual took a
different turn when our pastor
mounted the podium. His sermon
was titled “First Love”; he was
preaching how we related with
God the first time we gave our
lives to Christ.

He kept mentioning all the things
Christians do these days without
any sense of guilt.

He turned to a corner of the hall
and said “I can tell you for certain
that some of you came to church
today straight from your
boyfriends’ bedrooms.” The part
of the hall he was pointing at
happened to be where we sat.
“Somebody there, you are looking
at me now; you came to church
from your boyfriend’s house.”
The whole congregation was
quiet; everyone listened to the
pastor with a straight face.
At the end of the sermon, pastor
made an ‘altar call’; “bow down
your head and close your eyes”
he commanded.

“If you know you purposely lied
or deceived someone or you
committed fornication this week
come to the altar.” It was a very
fiery sermon. More than half of
the church emptied to the altar.
“Do not wait for anybody; do not
look at your partner especially if
your sin partner is there with
you.”

I squeezed Fred’s hand, hoping
he would jump to his feet and
lead the way to the altar. He did
not move. I left him there and
walked down to the altar.
After prayers, I returned to my
seat only to find out Fred was not
there. I reached for my seat and
sat down. On looking up, I saw
him returning from the altar.
Back in the house, we both
looked like fowls thoroughly
beaten in the rain. Before I left
his house that evening, we
resolved we were going to abstain
from sex until we have tied the
knot.

246 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by harbibi: 7:00pm On Jan 12, 2015
Funniest story I have read in a while with a good ending though. I pray you both keep to your resolutions. cheesy

71 Likes

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by Baba419(m): 7:24pm On Jan 12, 2015
Pastor be working wonders

4 Likes

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by woky: 7:48pm On Jan 12, 2015
sermon that touches the heart indeed..

14 Likes

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by alberto2k(m): 8:06pm On Jan 12, 2015
Oboi...Dis na correct sermon grin

11 Likes

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by SeverusSnape(m): 8:12pm On Jan 12, 2015
Is that so??...It's not a new thing, That's what most ladies do, Even in school. The most funny thing is that; They are the ones that dance more vigorously in church.

24 Likes

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by asids55: 8:32pm On Jan 12, 2015
if I hear say the sex no go continue for this Harmattan period wey we dey..I give the sermon 1 month to expire. .and the jigijigi go continue

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by apparentlylaw(m): 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2015
Pastor don see Una thru en Plasma .....buh tz Good dah way sha ...God has a hand in the revelation and u guyz repentance

14 Likes

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by mirexxx(f): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2015
good 4 u...kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by dechandel(f): 9:24pm On Jan 12, 2015
Heheheheh
I hope that resolution stays alive till the end of the week

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 12, 2015
That sermon was strong!!!!

But sadly till you do it again you woun't know it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by missdebs(f): 1:35am On Jan 13, 2015
now this is a true romantic story...mods fp pls

1 Like

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by samtol4(m): 5:58am On Jan 13, 2015
dechandel:
Heheheheh
I hope that resolution stays alive till the end of the week
end of the week ke?They can keep themselves till wedding night,it is possible .

11 Likes

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 13, 2015
I'm not here to condemn the pastor or say he's lying. Ofcuz a revelation of such may come. But on the other hand, it may just be a psychological trick the pastor used.

Ofcuz all those things he mentioned happen on a daily basis and oh yes! Many come to church straight from their boyfriend's house and the pastor is already aware that a lot of youths come to the church and are victims of such.

I don't support the Sin he mentioned anyway

10 Likes

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by pillan(f): 6:22am On Jan 13, 2015
Lol...why won't he point at you guys when you two are playing love in church....funny tori!

5 Likes

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:57am On Jan 13, 2015
I remember back in my ND days some lodge mates will go to church from boyfriend or girlfriend's lodge or will go straight to their partner's lodge after service the irony is that they will be the ones shouting Uche you no de go church repent oh @op nice story but I have a feeling it is a fabricated one

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by treasuress: 7:03am On Jan 13, 2015
hahahaha
Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by laprince(m): 7:04am On Jan 13, 2015
I dey laff
Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by chibwike(m): 7:04am On Jan 13, 2015
May God help you guys stick to it

2 Likes

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by kilokeys(m): 7:04am On Jan 13, 2015
i hope u last 2 days

because Conji is stronger than headache.

if symptoms persists after 2 days of praying. consult ur Pastor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by mcdokwe(m): 7:05am On Jan 13, 2015
Interesting
Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by BrAkingNews: 7:05am On Jan 13, 2015
ok
Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by nekaa(f): 7:05am On Jan 13, 2015
the morals?

2 Likes

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by anthoniaz(f): 7:06am On Jan 13, 2015
smiley
Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 13, 2015
Amen....
God can do it o! @ dechandel

Op abeg, shey you go de update us on d progress ba?? grin angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by bunmioguns(m): 7:07am On Jan 13, 2015
Lol

May God help you to abide by your resolution

3 Likes

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by tempex88(m): 7:07am On Jan 13, 2015
You guys should just marrry. No point starving each other sex. The body will always ask for it. From your write up, you both work so just get parents consent and mayb the same pastor. The big ceremony can be done later.

10 Likes

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by BrAkingNews: 7:07am On Jan 13, 2015
hmm
Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 13, 2015
real funny!
Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by freecocoa(f): 7:07am On Jan 13, 2015
One of the biggest issues I have with so called Christians, you went to church from your BF's house after one of the wildest weekends of your life, this is the case with many Christians, committing sin on purpose and still claiming to worship God, who are you deceiving please?

25 Likes

Re: Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church by Sheenor: 7:08am On Jan 13, 2015
Hallelujah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Church Sends Man Letter For Refusing To Pay Dues / 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body / Pastor Tom Samson & His Hummer Limousine Storm Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.