Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes (1655 Views)

Waziri’s EFCC Initiated $6m No-trial Deal With Suspect, Says Adoke / Happy Birthday To Aminu Waziri Tambuwal @ 48 / Farida Waziri : A Good Friend Of Ikedi Ohakim During His 419 Years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by palmwine(m): 10:52am On Dec 18, 2008
Fellow Lander, If you were Waziri and knowing what is happening to Ribadu the estwhile Chairman of EFFC.

Will you go about prosecuting corrupt politicians when you know they will latter go for your neck. Especially with a president who is not resolute or decided.

Your opinion my people. If you were waziri?
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by Muza(m): 11:08am On Dec 18, 2008
if i know theres a posibility that i'll end up like Ribadu i wont take up the appointment.

Ribadu even fought little and ended up like this,
I wonder how she would end,no body knows tmr.
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by cre8tivity(f): 2:49pm On Dec 18, 2008
i would go after every single one of them, no discrimination. i would stick to my plans, i would be professional, i would follow the same successfully tested method and document every single step taken during my operations. i wouldn't allow my ego to over shadow my success, therefore all criminals would be treated with respect. i would obey all rules and regulations at all time. i would protect the image of my country and sincerely fight for my people. since efcc is not a business, i wouldn't sell any looted properties that belong to the fg. i would allow my actions to judge my success and make very little noise. i would promote transparency and allow every single nigerian citizen to join me while i work my ass off to pull this country out of darkness. and finally, i would setup a 3 months training program in usa for 200 efcc personnel. this program would prepare 200 efcc officers, every year, to be trained to become the best at what they do.
my last name will remain the same, i wouldn't change it to mrs.efcc or mrs.nigeria, unlike you know WHO?
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by Muza(m): 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2008
cre8tivity:

i would go after every single one of them, no discrimination. i would stick to my plans, i will be professional, i would follow the same successfully tested method and document every single step taken during my operations. i wouldn't allow my ego to over shadow my success, therefore all criminals would be treated with respect. i would obey all rules and regulations at all time. i will protect the image of my country and sincerely fight for my people. since efcc is not a business, i wouldn't sell any looted properties that belong to the fg. i would allow my actions to judge my success and make very little noise. i would promote transparency and allow every single nigerian citizen to join me while i work my ass to pull this country out of darkness. and finally, i would setup a 3 months training program in usa for 200 efcc personnel. this program would prepare 200 efcc officers, every year, to be trained to become the best at what they do.

Creativity definitely you are not talkin about Nigeria,cos with that attitude u wont last another day on the job.
How do u expect to arrest the person that financed the presidential campaign and nominated u too the post.
I'm not saying that you should be selective but be wise to throw the towel.

But this Waziri woman will never resign,Not at this point that she has compromised herself so much.
Do u think she is working alone without a script.Thats too dangerous for the power brokers.
Theres a list of sacred cows,the untouchable few.

My grude against Ribadu is that if he knows he cant go after everybody then he should have resigned,
I would have held him in high esteem as a hero,and a legend.
But he blew that chance,flaunt may orders and fought selectively,
now hes making noise,crying for help wanting our sympathy.
If third term had succeded where do u think Ribadu will be?,
he would still be going after enemies of the state,while leaving friends of the state alone.

The best option for anyone in waziri's position is to resign.
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by cre8tivity(f): 3:27pm On Dec 18, 2008
i wouldn't take the job without first presenting my conditions. believe it or not, anything is possible if people are willing to make things possible. our problem in nigeria starts with too many people having different rules for different situation. imagine a soccer team with 25 players and 25 rules, how do you expect this team to function properly? the owners and coach must work together to establish a single rule that must be obeyed by every single player. but if we continue to promote mental disablement, which also creates imaginable obstacles in our minds, i'm sorry, nigeria will remain in this darkness for 1000 years more.
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by palmwine(m): 3:54pm On Dec 18, 2008
My point is the case of an EFCC chairman is liky a man who goes to the police station to report a robeery incident only find the leader of the gang at the counter ready to take his complaint.

God help us all.

@crea8tivity

I appreciate your zeal. But you just migth find that you are alone in this believe when all other officer are in the come CHOP camp cheesy
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by palmwine(m): 3:58pm On Dec 18, 2008
My point is that the  case of an EFCC chairman is like a man who goes to the police station to report a robbery incident only find the leader of the gang at the counter ready to take his complaint.

God help us all.

@crea8tivity

I appreciate your zeal. But you just migth find that you are alone in this believe when all other officer are in the come CHOP camp cheesy
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by Muza(m): 4:07pm On Dec 18, 2008
cre8tivity:

i wouldn't take the job without first presenting my conditions. believe it or not, anything is possible if people are willing to make things possible. our problem in nigeria starts with too many people having different rules for different situation. imagine a soccer team with 25 players and 25 rules, how do you expect this team to function properly? the owners and coach must work together to establish a single rule that must be obeyed by every single player. but if we continue to promote mental disablement, which also creates imaginable obstacles in our minds, i'm sorry, nigeria will remain in this darkness for 1000 years more.

How dare you present your conditions to this illegitimate and dubious govt?
The power brokers will know u are after them,so they will finish u b4 u even get the job.

palmwine:

My point is that the  case of an EFCC chairman is like a man who goes to the police station to report a robbery incident only find the leader of the gang at the counter ready to take his complaint.

God help us all.

@crea8tivity

grin cheesy grin lmao grin cheesy grin
there cudn't have been a better example.
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by cre8tivity(f): 4:14pm On Dec 18, 2008
so, where do we start?
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by Muza(m): 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2008
revolution, Thailand ppl have shown us the way
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by Muza(m): 4:26pm On Dec 18, 2008
revolution, Thailand ppl have shown us the way
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by palmwine(m): 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2008
Where to start from;

Stop Plea Bargaining
Let somebody go to jail
Pen robbery must attract more jail terms than Armed robbery

More suggestion Please,
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by cre8tivity(f): 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2008
Muza:

revolution, Thailand people have shown us the way
muza, in nigeria? i don't think so. may be the ladies, but the guys have shown us over the years that they do not have the balls to make things happened.
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by Moves: 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2008
I will accept the job; and secretly carry out my inveatigation on all the so called untoucables; and in one full swoop arrest and charge to court directly; upon finishing their cases; no plea bargain; will also resign my position and handover to another.
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by Moves: 5:03pm On Dec 18, 2008
cre8tivity:

muza, in nigeria? i don't think so. may be the ladies, but the guys have shown us over the years that they do not have the balls to make things happened.
Not with the kind of men we have ruling nigeria today; they wont allow it; see the plot for dora; Oby etc
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by Muza(m): 5:10pm On Dec 18, 2008
cre8tivity:

have u forgoten etteh and prof grange so soon?

Moves:

I will accept the job; and secretly carry out my inveatigation on all the so called untoucables; and in one full swoop arrest and charge to court directly; upon finishing their cases; no plea bargain; will also resign my position and handover to another.
grin cheesy grin lmao cheesy grin cheesy
please,you joking right?

if u are serious,let me tell u how it will play out.
You will be immediately posted to a course in kuru,i don't need to say the rest,u know better.
Then the untouchables will so deal with u that u'll regret ever acceptin the job in the first place.

The only way,i mean the one and only way,is a revolution
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by Muza(m): 5:11pm On Dec 18, 2008
sorry i forgot,Iyabo "Phd"
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by cre8tivity(f): 6:05pm On Dec 18, 2008
one thing is for sure, if the right thing is done illegally or incorrectly the outcome would only multiply our problem by a very large number. and that is what we're currently experiencing in nigeria. regardless of what the matter may be, nobody is above the law slogan must touch every single citizen, from the top to the bottom. if you sit and think about it, the percentage of the citizens that prefer nigeria to remain motionless is very little, not even more that 8%. therefore, there isn't any excuse, if nigerians want nigeria as a country out of the darkness they must find a common ground and fight this war together. and i'm not recommending anything like mend, because mend is a business.
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by Muza(m): 6:16pm On Dec 18, 2008
cre8tivity:

one thing is for sure, if the right thing is done illegally or incorrectly the outcome would only multiply our problem by a very large number. and that is what we're currently experiencing in nigeria. regardless of what the matter may be, nobody is above the law slogan must touch every single citizen, from the top to the bottom. if you sit and think about it, the percentage of the citizens that prefer nigeria to remain motionless is very little, not even more that 8%. therefore, there isn't any excuse, if nigerians want nigeria as a country out of the darkness they must find a common ground and fight this war together. and i'm not recommending anything like mend, because mend is a business.

A very lucrative one! grin
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by palmwine(m): 7:28pm On Dec 18, 2008
The Problem is that the Presidency is like HUB evry thing plugs into it.

THe IG, AG,INEC,State governors, Chief of defence staff, custome, CBN every thing, Everything can almost not work without a clearance from the presidency.

We need to first unplug all this unit and make them stand alone.

Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by bawomolo(m): 6:16am On Dec 19, 2008
palmwine:

The Problem is that the Presidency is like HUB evry thing plugs into it.

THe IG, AG,INEC,State governors, Chief of defence staff, custome, CBN every thing, Everything can almost not work without a clearance from the presidency.

We need to first unplug all this unit and make them stand alone.

isn't the senate and judiciary supposed to function as a form of checks and balance
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by palmwine(m): 9:49am On Dec 19, 2008
For where, apart from Ken nnamani, have you seen ahy Senate president challenging the president's decision?

They just rubber stamp his decisions and laugh at his jokes undecided
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by maxsiollun: 1:09am On Dec 20, 2008
Nothing will happen to Waziri because she is not prosecuting anyone of note.
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by SkyBlue1: 1:29am On Dec 20, 2008
Isn't it about time people stop making excuses for what goes on in Nigeria? It is just getting quite embarassing now. Who said the job would be easy? That is why like Yar Adua, Waziri also had something called freedom, to reject the job given to her. If she is not making excuses for herself then why are people making excuses for her? People also want to immediately make excuses for Yar Adua too. "Oh he didn't know he was going to be president"; so was he held at gun point and forced to take the role? Excuses are easy to make but at the end of the day what do they actually achieve? Unless we are going to be told otherwise, no one was forced to take on any roles and hence is it too much to ask that the jobs being given to these people are actually done with some degree of competence?
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by Dede1(m): 6:04am On Dec 20, 2008
Nuhu Ribadu, ex-chairman of EFCC, is a fraud who has added a colorful and wetted feather to the bad image of graduates from Nigerian universities. The straggler is presumed to be degree holder from one of the universities in Nigeria and yet woefully failed to rescue him self from the insidious setup when he was promoted from DCP to AIG without catching a mere public nuisance. He knew all about the Police Service Commission and chose to bid politically for Obasanjo. I could not believe the fact that many Nigerians are politically blind. By the way, an average qualified Nigerian could be appointed the chairman of EFCC and I do not think that the position is exclusively for people in the uniform.
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by idiopathic: 10:18am On Dec 20, 2008
Dede, your comment is wholly erroneous and inappropriate. Ribadu recovered over $5.5 billion in his over 5 years at the helm of EFCC. If Okiro despite the menace of armed robbery in Nigeria can be given a double promotion, why not Ribadu?
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by Dede1(m): 10:53pm On Dec 20, 2008
idiopathic:

Dede, your comment is wholly erroneous and inappropriate. Ribadu recovered over $5.5 billion in his over 5 years at the helm of EFCC. If Okiro despite the menace of armed robbery in Nigeria can be given a double promotion, why not Ribadu?

Ribadu did not recover a penny and was not even behind the monies recovered from certain foreign countries. Again for the sake of the fact, Ribadu was promoted before he was appointed chairman of EFCC. Nigerian Police does not promote its members for a mere clerical work. For the record, Mike Okiro was the only State Commissioner of police that went on patrol and engaged armed rubbers in gun battle. He was due for a promotion and coupled with the act of bravery, not common with very senior officer, he showed while as a Lagos State commissioner of police. In other hand, Ribadu has never arrested a drunken nuisance as police officer before he was showered with promotions in anticipation of the skewed political biding he has to undertake.
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by Nobody: 4:04am On Dec 22, 2008
how about throwing waziri my shoes
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by Abuchi0903: 4:12am On Dec 22, 2008
GUY EFCC FORMAT NA THE BEST FORMAT SO FAR MEN, I DON USE AM COLLECT SO MUCH MONEY FROM WHITTY CLIENT BUT DEM NO FIT SEE ME MAN

I NO DEY FEAR DEM MAN IF DEM LIKE MAKE DEM KILL THERESELVES OR EVEN SLAUGHTER THERESELVES ,

THERE ARE ALL THIEVES.
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 22, 2008
Nuhu Ribadu, ex-chairman of EFCC, is a fraud who has added a colorful and wetted feather to the bad image of graduates from Nigerian universities. The straggler is presumed to be degree holder from one of the universities in Nigeria and yet woefully failed to rescue him self from the insidious setup when he was promoted from DCP to AIG without catching a mere public nuisance. He knew all about the Police Service Commission and chose to bid politically for Obasanjo. I could not believe the fact that many Nigerians are politically blind. By the way, an average qualified Nigerian could be appointed the chairman of EFCC and I do not think that the position is exclusively for people in the uniform.

This one dey read constitution up-side-down.

So the PSC get power to delegitimize action wey President and Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria take

I just dey wait for the court verdict.
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by bracelet: 3:06pm On Dec 22, 2008
My opinion. Ribadu is not a saint. Come to think of it, who is cheesy

He did the best he can do within the circumstance.

Someone should tell Waziri to do just one thing. Outside chasing yahoo boys in Akure tongue
Re: Efcc: Put Yourself In Waziri's Shoes by Dede1(m): 5:53pm On Dec 22, 2008
mikeansy:

This one dey read constitution up-side-down.

So the PSC get power to delegitimize action wey President and Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria take

I just dey wait for the court verdict.

Please Mr. Constitution-expert could you post the section of Nigerian constitution that expressly stated that the President and Commander-in-Chief could promote anybody in uniform without due process. In fact, certain brackets of the rank must go through the armed service committee of the senate.

Journeyman, the last time I checked, the jungle called Nigeria was running democratic system of government not unitary government of the military.

I thought some folks are politically myopic, in fact, they are stark blind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lasaa, A Regulating Agency Or Body Created To Take Unfair Advantage / Ijawman says he's Yoruba ! / Yar'adua In Near Vegetative State - Oyedepo Aide Reveals- Liberty News, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.