Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? (21563 Views)

ÒSÚ Caste System; A Barrier To Marriage. / Sex And Marriage With Robots; Fiction Or New Reality? / Should Religion Be A Barrier To Relationship/marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by randsandnaira: 4:41am On Jan 13, 2015
I am in my late 30s and i met the lady of my dreams early this year. The lady seemed to be into me, and then, the big question came. She asked for my age and then i told her. The moment i did, she freaked out.

She is in her late 20s and tolD me the age difference is too much for her to handle. I persuadeD her that it doesn't matter but she wasn't persuaded. As it were, I'm so worried cos i truly care about her.

Please advise me on how to win her heart. I'd appreciate mature response. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by randsandnaira: 4:43am On Jan 13, 2015
Farano, please let it make frontpage . Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 13, 2015
randsandnaira:
I am in my late 30s and i met the lady of my dreams early this year. The lady seemed to be into me, and then, the big question came. She asked for my age and then i told her. The moment i did, she freaked out.

She is in her late 20s and tolD me the age difference is too much for her to handle. I persuadeD her that it doesn't matter but she wasn't persuaded. As it were, I'm so worried cos i truly care about her.

Please advise me on how to win her heart. I'd appreciate mature response. Thank you.

Age ought not to be a barrier to love ,however the difference in a age does matter because there are things a person only gets to know with age ,which can make or mar the relationship

6 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 13, 2015
Some Relationships can have problems with no difference in age. Sometimes two people are content with a relationship like yours, I'd just encourage you to consider whether you two have similar interests and goals. This is important to discuss because she might want to have an active social life while you do not (or vice versa). Because you are in your late 30s, she might be feeling that you a little bit too old for her, but let her know that age is just a number, if she really loves you, she will be with you. Besides she never knew your age, when you guys first met, and she was really into you like you said. So the age thingy shouldn't be a problem for her.

14 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 13, 2015
Sometimes it matters if the age difference is too much. A 20yrs old lady dating 50yrs old man and vice versa.

Your case is okay. The age difference is btw 9-12yrs.

Just ask her why she is freaking out abt your age and then keep friendship, communication, commitment level high.

12 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by randsandnaira: 10:53am On Jan 13, 2015
bisous:

Age ought not to be a barrier to love ,however the difference in a age does matter because there are things a person only gets to know with age ,which can make or mar the relationship

Thanks Bisous. More contribution please. Rocktation, front page please.
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by randsandnaira: 10:54am On Jan 13, 2015
wristwatch:
Sometimes it matters if the age difference is too much. A 20yrs old lady dating 50yrs old man and vice versa.

Your case is okay. The age difference is btw 9-12yrs.

Just ask her why she is freaking out abt your age and then keep friendship, communication, commitment level high.

Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by randsandnaira: 10:56am On Jan 13, 2015
Nneka123:

Some Relationships can have problems with no difference in age. Sometimes two people are content with a relationship like yours, I'd just encourage you to consider whether you two have similar interests and goals. This is important to discuss because she might want to have an active social life while you do not (or vice versa). Because you are in your late 30s, she might be feeling that you a little bit too old for her, but let her know that age is just a number, if she really loves you, she will be with you. Besides she never knew your age, when you guys first met, and she was really into you like you said. So the age thingy shouldn't be a problem for her.

Thanks Nneka123.
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 13, 2015
randsandnaira:

Thanks Bisous. More contribution please. Rocktation, front page please.

You are welcome ,BTW don't let it cause you sleepless nights

4 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 13, 2015
Having assured her that the age difference is'nt an issue in the relatnshp & she still insists its a big deal,if u still persist on winning her back & she insists on a NO,then you don't have to kill urself,simply man up & move on,cos the one who truly loves u & really is for you,will look past ur age & not make it a mountain factor to ur relationshp.

9 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by InZA: 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
No need persuading her.

If age is an issue for her,then it will always be an issue, you can't persuade someone out of that mindset.

Just the same way you care for her, you can care for someone else too.

So it's better you both go your separate ways to seek other people.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by randsandnaira: 1:10pm On Jan 13, 2015
bisous:

You are welcome ,BTW don't let it cause you sleepless nights

Thanks a bunch, Bisous. You're a darling.
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by randsandnaira: 1:13pm On Jan 13, 2015
enkay4love:
Having assured her that the age difference is'nt an issue in the relatnshp & she still insists its a big deal,if u still persist on winning her back & she insists on a NO,then you don't have to kill urself,simply man up & move on,cos the one who truly loves u & really is for you,will look past ur age & not make it a mountain factor to ur relationshp.

enkay4love, thanks so much for being there.
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by randsandnaira: 1:15pm On Jan 13, 2015
InZA:
No need persuading her.

If age is an issue for her,then it will always be an issue, you can't persuade someone out of that mindset.

Just the same way you care for her, you can care for someone else too.

So it's better you both go your separate ways to seek other people.

Thanks but it's so difficult to let go. I love this girl so much.
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by KMTee(f): 1:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
Age shouldn't be a barrier

from experience o, i prefer them older. they are more matured, they understand life issues better
and they are focused, they know what they want and they treat their women so well.

let her be for now, she does not know wat she will be missing.

experience is the best teacher, she will soon learn.
before, i used to prefer my age mate or 2 years diff but now i know better.

let it flow naturally, don't force it cos u might later regret it
if she's yours things will work out naturally.

if not, then u av to look for a more matured woman like u probably in her early or mid 30s

FYI, #mypersonalopinion#

13 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 13, 2015
randsandnaira:

enkay4love, thanks so much for being there.
U welcome guy.Just know that any love with conditions is'nt true,cos true love covers all faults.

3 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by DeeBoiyy: 1:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
Is some cases, YES
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
Simply don't understand why som1 culd claim to love another human being so much that he/she turns a blind eye to the fact that the other person is non-reciprocal of their love.Fact remains that no one can love another human much more than oneself,we all came to this world alone & we'll die alone.Love is a free feeling & any kind of feeling that defys control is abnormal.Oh yes...it can be difficult to let go sometimes when the feelings are way beyond skin deep,but to be on the safer side,be careful who u bring into ur life & be sure b4 committing ur feelings.In my opinion,its safer to fall truly in love in marriage than before marriage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 13, 2015
Age matters. It won't be cool by the time you start seeing your old daddy in your husband. There are some things in marriage best done when both couple are young, for instance going on dates together, having fun and all sort. The woman might feel left out if her husband is way older than doing those romantic stuffs with her, playing with their kids, cleaning the house together and all sort.
That is why you see cute young girls marry men old enough to be their grandpa for money not really cos of the love.
If she feels you are too older than her then you cant force yourself on her, you can only make her reason with you.
All the best

2 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 13, 2015
randsandnaira:

Thanks Nneka123.
Glad to help smiley
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2015
Rocking the same boat ryt now. Hope to learn a tin or two. @op, she mite care about u too bt there is a kin of closeness n familiarity u feel wen datin sum1 wtin ur age grp as opposed to sum1 much older. A gal datin a much older guy mite nt no hw to relate wt him n wud always b cautious of her choice of words around him inorder nt to sound disrespectful. Plus d way in ch her friends n family n society at large wud view her. If ur d type dt free n nt too strict she mite learn to loosen up around u. I wish u al d best.

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by maxdozie(m): 7:44pm On Jan 13, 2015
Op U wanna Win her Back?? Does she expect you to be 21 or maybe 17...
Its so Clear she Doesn't Love you... She isnt even ready for Marriage..
Dont waste yah Time with Her jare...

6 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by jnrbayano(m): 7:46pm On Jan 13, 2015
randsandnaira:

Thanks a bunch, Bisous. You're a darling.

Bisous doesn't mind the age gap friend.

.......why not?? smiley

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by jnrbayano(m): 7:51pm On Jan 13, 2015
randsandnaira,

Her worry should be that you probably haven't attained a maturity age but you are well and truly matured.

Please, let her be, there's more to it than the age thing which she paints I reckon.

The love I know surmounts the strongest of barriers to talk of mere age issue.

Be strong bro!

6 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by jnrbayano(m): 7:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
Lalasticlala, ishilove..... please oblige a call for frontpaging this thread.

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by emmynent(m): 7:59pm On Jan 13, 2015
Follow ur mind
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2015
NO! When I'm ready to fall in love, I'll love whoever I want no matter who and won't give a fvck what people think or say. Roger that?

I'm still open for business. Twitter account with 42k ACTIVE NIGERIAN followers for sale at an insanely cheap price. Contact us today, check my sig for contact details. Shalom!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by money121(m): 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2015
No
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Maczeelly(m): 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2015
#
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2015
She is not ready for marriage late twenties is around 28, 29 years old the difference should be around 10, 11 or 9 years difference. Maybe she want guys of her age bracket and please start looking for another lady because this one may end up turning you down

2 Likes

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? by emmynent(m): 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2015
Pls can someone tell me y some people are always happy coz they were able to comment on fp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boobs Gang: If You Have A Gf And This Girl Offers You Free Sex, Would You Cheat? / Valentine's Day Canceled As Church Fixes Fasting And Vigil Same Day / Post Pics Of Your Underboobs Selfie Heres Mine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.