Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? (26753 Views)

Military Officer Kneels Down To Propose To His Fiancee At Shoprite (Video, Pics) / I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy / My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Godsate: 10:07am On Jan 13, 2015
Very very wrong. They won't even try it.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by justmi1: 10:09am On Jan 13, 2015
that kind of question will affect the relationship, my parents dont even know how much i earn.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by daey118(m): 10:09am On Jan 13, 2015
freecocoa:
Say what now?
you'll tell em ..''with all due respect'' ''its none of their biz'' and you think they'll let it slide? It sound politely rude if yu ask me...and an average naija potential inlaw'll go gorrila on yu...live and direct.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by xxgig(m): 10:10am On Jan 13, 2015
My rsponse will be
With all due respect sir
I've been working since so and so
And I believe I earn enough to
Take care of your daughter and also support our family.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by yaskarahyelhope(f): 10:12am On Jan 13, 2015
Extra ordinarily wrong. Na make d man come dey pay dem salary abi Na wetin? Abeg make dem stop all these new civilized nonsense. Let d wife alone with d husband. Not d husband giving account to her family. Although some gals can really be stupidly funny by going to hint their families wat her husband earns. Is dat not madness? Let d guy be. He's not a bank and shdnt be asked how much he earns probably to know how much to ask for bride price. Hmmmmmmm..... our parents sef!
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by AriDsexy(f): 10:15am On Jan 13, 2015
woky:
Chai! So man wey dy earn 20k no fit get wify be dat??

What can u do with 50k,let alone 20k?

So yes,he no fit marry o,let him continue saving.

Its not a nice question to ask please,just use common sense to get a range.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by 100Cents: 10:15am On Jan 13, 2015
They will soon ask you how you intend to impregnate their daughter..
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by AriDsexy(f): 10:19am On Jan 13, 2015
100Cents:
They will soon ask you how you intend to impregnate their daughter..

Then u give them details too wink
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by NugesCapable(m): 10:26am On Jan 13, 2015
If them ask and ah go tell dem 2k, make dey do dere worst ..... If na 2M ah dai colect na 2k ah go tel dem[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Emasel(m): 10:26am On Jan 13, 2015
Very Wrong!

Its no business of theirs but their daughter's....
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by CashVessel(m): 10:26am On Jan 13, 2015
No it's not wrong, they just wanna be sure their daughter will be well taken care off. I am speaking from experience..
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by NugesCapable(m): 10:30am On Jan 13, 2015
CashVessel:
No it's not wrong, they just wanna be sure their daughter will be well taken care off. I am speaking from experience..
den u wil disclose it SMH for u
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by seangy4konji: 10:46am On Jan 13, 2015
Them deh price by be dat. Flee from such family.

D day u let your wife family or friends what you earn then you don die well b dat.

Sizing me?it no go better for you.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by mya1: 10:51am On Jan 13, 2015
People are just venting for nothing. Though the question is somewhat really direct your answer can put in perspective. You don't have to quote a figure or state an amount.

"I earn a decent salary that can sustain your daughter ( in the event we get married) and I. I'm not at my zenith yet so I'm very open to better opportunities".

If you give such a response and they are still extremely inquisitive, then you can vent all you want.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:55am On Jan 13, 2015
Ask gini? undecided Say wetin happen? If you jam that kian in-law,wuruwuru don enter your union o....hian!
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 13, 2015
bunmioguns:
I want to ask if it is wrong for your fiancee's parents to ask how much you earn as salary per month
Of cause why cant they? wouldnt they know where their daughter puting her head? If they have right to ask about ur job, education, family...i dont thing this is too much to ask only that some guys are liars. Moreso, it may not be neccessary to know because they may be worried of their daugter'r well being. Afterall, big salary of a gvy does not guarantee well being of his wife.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by freecocoa(f): 11:04am On Jan 13, 2015
daey118:
you'll tell em ..''with all due respect'' ''its none of their biz'' and you think they'll let it slide? It sound politely rude if yu ask me...and an average naija potential inlaw'll go gorrila on yu...live and direct.
So long as they don't lay a finger on me, any other thing they choose to do is their beeswax, I just won't take what I can't live with.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by kilokeys(m): 11:07am On Jan 13, 2015
kilokeys:
thats a rhetorical question.. intended to mock you

if they liked you.. they would only ask what you do for a living and how many years you've been working. ( a normal parent could deduce ur average take home pay with that info)

my brother if dem ask u that question... be prepared for more.. u are finished.

God bless the soul that gave me my 5,000th like on NL #tears of joy. cry
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by daey118(m): 11:13am On Jan 13, 2015
freecocoa:
So long as they don't lay a finger on me, any other thing they choose to do is their beeswax, I just won't take what I can't live with.
so good bye to the love of your life...the man of your dreams..cos of some random question...lol..realllyy....yu get mind o....one orijin for you jare.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 13, 2015
woky:
But wht if they ask, would you disclose the figure to them??
Kilode, wetin dem wan use am do? Dem wan calculate amount wey dem go dey collect from their daughter husband. Soon they will say, bring 20k we wan do easter celebration. LoL if u refuse u don enta am.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Amhappy(f): 11:20am On Jan 13, 2015
Maybe they should also ask for your bank statement lol. Its very wrong. They should instead ask for your source of livelihood.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by pinchinchi007(m): 11:25am On Jan 13, 2015
I think its not so wrong because as parents that they are, they want the best for their daughter...so by asking that question, they want know if you can take adequate care of their daughter when she marries you.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by dammillicious: 11:30am On Jan 13, 2015
i think its better to ask for where he works and how long he's been working...that would be fair on both sides
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Audemar: 11:30am On Jan 13, 2015
VERY WRONG, IT'S NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Hipsymoi: 11:36am On Jan 13, 2015
Veeeeeeeeeeeeery wrong!
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by tumaraya: 11:36am On Jan 13, 2015
Hmmmm. Thts a warning signal. My bros, e no go easy oo.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by MASAKAR(m): 11:45am On Jan 13, 2015
It is wrong, that shows my fiancee's parent want their daughter to marry rich guy..... Sound stupid
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by coderXO(m): 11:53am On Jan 13, 2015
If you have an "ode" in-law who asks you such a question, my friend bail fast!

You are about to marry an "ode" their offspring child.

Bail!
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Hedybee(f): 11:56am On Jan 13, 2015
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Dammyjohn(m): 11:56am On Jan 13, 2015
Why?Is it my money that want to marry their dauther or me?Well,to me,I believe they must have told their dauther to someone just because of the level of his money in the bank.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by freecocoa(f): 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2015
daey118:
so good bye to the love of your life...the man of your dreams..cos of some random question...lol..realllyy....yu get mind o....one orijin for you jare.
Duh! If they can say their son shouldn't marry me because I politely told them to mind their business and he agrees with them, I'll blame myself for going that far with him in the first place.
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Karleb(m): 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2015
It's very wrong! The right question is what do you do for a living? No how much you earn.

I'd never answer that kind of question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? / Nigerian Lady Narrates How Her Father Saved Her From An Abusive Marriage / Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.