Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Moving The Capital From Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moving The Capital From Abuja (3768 Views)

James Ibori Marries Senami Sosu As Second Wife? - The Capital / TINUBU Hijacks NASS Positions; Oyegun, Others Kick- The Capital.ng / Results From Abuja - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving The Capital From Abuja by inprecise: 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2006
It has come time to move our capital to a new city. abuja is just becoming too crowded with too many undesirable peeps and pollution and miscreants. the time has come naija to move again deeper into the woods. we should build a modern, beautiful city along the banks of the benue 100km west of makurdi. only honorable naira will be permitted entry. god bless naira!
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by DRANOEL(m): 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2006
you didnt make any sense
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by Meedu(m): 2:40am On Aug 18, 2006
which movie u dey jist??
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by iice(f): 7:35am On Aug 18, 2006
Hmmmm first na conquering, now na changing capital cities. . .You no get work o grin grin
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by DeepSoul(f): 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2006
Wetin u chop b4 u dream this dream? I'm even suspecting u "sleep-typed" this post
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by otokx(m): 11:24pm On Aug 18, 2006
I like the idea.
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by nigeriaone: 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2006
Well it look now that some nigerian are thinking now,  really we should move the capital Abuja, to avoid what happen in lagos,  if not, abuja would end up like LAgos,  We should start planning for a new capital,  inprecise  idea is a good one,  I would think is suggestion of location is also good,  I think 100 km away from Markudi should be around lokoja area,  i think above lokoja. we should create a city and called it Gowon city ,  Or unity city,  See map,  It would cut through all the River Niger and benue,  and

we have to start planning for tomorrow now,  Abuja would end up like lagos,  so the govt should set up a body to design a new city along that bank and should move there in 30 years,  making it 60 years for abuja to be capital,  It is part of development,  there we would have big cities like lagos, abuja Gowon city or unity city or Belewa city or Zik city or Awo city or Shagari city  what ever name we decided to call it,   It would be really beautifull. we should always have project like abuja every 60 years,  it keeps the nation moving and we would develop, , They should now make abuja a state ,

Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by dblock(m): 7:05am On Oct 09, 2006
That is the most absurd idea i've heard in a long time and i watch a lot of TV, you can't simply keep cahnging capitals because of overcrowding, I assure you that Abuja will not becaome over crowded like Lagos, even Lagos is undergoing reconstruction, and Abuja is building up a world class infastructure, if El Rufaii can't make Abuja great then we might as well live with a crap capital forever angry angry angry
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by omofineboy(m): 8:04am On Oct 09, 2006
I disagree with you. May be you confuse Abuja with Federal Capital Territory? FCT covers a great land mass. The city is just phase 1 of the development, it extends to ABAJI towards Kogi, I think its about 5-7 phases, its not overcrowded at all, infact the inhuman activities of El Rufai confirm this, so many houses have been demolished, thereby rendering thousands homeless in the city. Also the center of Nigeria per se is around Lokoja not too far from Abaji and I know FCT is a good concept.

Moving it from her present location to me as is another venture to steal money, instead they should use any funds for such frivolous project to develop NigerDelta.
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by dblock(m): 8:25am On Oct 09, 2006
I usually prefer to talk about the area as just Abuja and not the FCT as a whole, but the infastructure of Abuja when all phases have been completed will be sustainable and there'll be absolutely no need for moving (what were you smoking imprecise), Abuja is Africa's second most beautiful city, the city is been consumed by the push and pull factor but the FG are coping, new housing schemes are been embarked upon as a permanent solution to the housing problem, The FG are planning for the F.C.T for the 3rd phase a rail system (it wasinitially meant for the second but the population is not yet overwhelming), other means of transportation like the BRT are also meant to be introduced, the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport will in the future experience a rapid expansion which will see the construction of ten ultra modern terminals, Abuja will be the pride of Africa and the New Gateway to Nigeria, but Lagos isn't sleeping big projects are also planned for Lagos, I assure you non believers, Abuja will remain the capital of this wonderful nation for a long time to com. cheesy
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by GNature(m): 8:39am On Oct 09, 2006
@inprecise

Have you taken the funds needed to build the new capital into consideration ? All realms of Nigeria's government; local, state, federal, are starved of funds for development.

The youths in the Niger Delta are demanding more of the oil money, We don't have enough universities to accomodate the well qualified high school graduates every year, Our highways need fixing. Even the current capital is not where it is supposed to be (phase wise) according to the original planners.

And you are thinking about buliding a new capital. Need I say more ?
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by Bolarge(m): 10:33am On Oct 09, 2006
@inprecise
U daydreaming or sum'n?
After all the trillions of naira spent in creating the artificial city we should embark on another spending spree? D'you work for Julius Berger or some other multinational construction company?

1 Like

Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by omofineboy(m): 11:04am On Oct 09, 2006
Bolarge,

quite agree with u
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by Odeku(m): 3:34am On Oct 13, 2006
People should quit bashing the guy, lets ask him why does he want a new capital?
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by nigeriaone: 1:53am On Oct 20, 2006
I disagree with you all, it is time to move from abuja, I am an engineer. and I agree that the capital of nigeria is not Abuja, but more sout of Abaji, as he said, that is where the centre of Nigeria is, which is more toward kogi state, I wonder why they place the capital in Abuja, but that is by the way, create a new state called Abuja state to include part of southern kaduna see map, that stop all the problem in the area.
He is my point, we have to plan to develop new cities, forget about developing old city, just let them be, they would remain old, go to detriot , with all the money pump in the place , it is the same way it is , Old is old my friend,
We have to move again, forget about the cost, This project are for our children, And also forget the idea that someone want to chop money, Even if you dont build anything they would still chop money, why dont they use it to build a new city, THe USA move its capital several time before DC,
A new city bring more development, and more jobs, it keep the economy running, A nation most continue to have project , if not it would remain in the past, Alway keep on moing, never remain inone place. increase and not decrease, that what God want, We alsready have Lagos , Abuja , let have the third one and even the fourth one, so that our children would know, we tried, If i build one house , i would not remain in the same place, i would build another and another and another, I would continue for every, more and more cities. if we have to move the federal capital several time to get develop and becoming a developed country let us do it, It is better for the enomy and better for Nigeria,
What honestly is $40 billion dollar doing in another man country bank account nothing, and I am confident, Obasanjo would use the money well. no govt ever save any money in nigeriaexcept obasanjo, the others were chop and chop govt,

He should start building the city now, we have to become a develop nation, and this is a step to become developed.

Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by ToddTerry: 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2006
Nigeriaone is correct. It is high time to do something for the people. Abuja is nice but we need a more modern city without all the undesireable peeps. I like calling it Unity City and I would suggest building it on the banks of the Benue. It is nice to have a beautiful river running through your city. It will help create more jobs, etc. Look at South Africa. they have Bloemfontein, capital of their judiciary, and Pretoria, their executive capital, and Joburg, their business capital. Lagos is our business capital, Abuja should remain the capital of our courts, but we need an executive capital. Unity City on the Bengue is the answer. We must begin today! And to the peeps who say Abuja is not overcrowded, u must not live there. it takes 45 minutes to 1 hour in rush hour traffic to get to work for many peeps in Abuja.
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by Odeku(m): 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2006
ABUJA is in the center of Nigeria which signify unity keep it that way please
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by udezue(m): 12:27pm On May 20, 2010
League of retarded Nigerians.
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by edoyad(m): 12:35pm On May 20, 2010
@ Todd Terry, the reason for that hold up problem in Abuja is bad city planning. A light commuter rail system would ease that problem considerably, not every one has to drive to work.
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by Ikengawo: 3:53am On May 21, 2010
the area you've designated is already a city, Lokoja.

foolish idea btw.
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by dustydee: 8:25am On May 21, 2010
@inprecise
as ur id says i think u got this all wrong.
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by princeada: 8:51am On May 21, 2010
YES .Middle Belt has arrived. Benue- Plateau state has come back life .

Nigerians you all know how the Middle Belters have sacrificed for this country.
Recap the Gideon Okar's plan to relieve NIGERIA from the hands of Terrorist Northerners and OSAMAs.
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by bjmighty(m): 9:12am On May 21, 2010
@@@Poster. . . . . . And how long we go dey continue to dey change capital??
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by edoyad(m): 9:13am On May 21, 2010
OH MY MIDDLE BELT, HOW WE HAVE SUFFERED FOR THIS LAND ! cry cry
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by KnowAll(m): 9:29am On May 21, 2010
[size=14pt]The Capital is Abuja now there is noting we can about that, the Aguda Commision who found Abuja back in 1976 should have chosen Lokoja. Too late now Lokoja with her Confluence of the Benue and Niger would have being like KHARTOUN IN the Sudan that sits in the conflunce of the White Nile and Blue Nile.

Secondly ships would be have being able to berth in its river port. London is some good 60 KM from the the sea but the River Thames is capabale of taking any ship right into the middle of the city that is good. undecided[/size]
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by Abagworo(m): 10:32am On May 21, 2010
the only justifiable capital will be yenagoa.it will be sandfilled like lagos and reconstructed like abuja.na one nigeria we dey.
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by londoner: 12:34pm On May 21, 2010
Abuja is a perfect capital city for Nigeria. There are two more phases to come, so its even premature to make a judgement of an unfinished city. We cant keep starting things and abandoning them before it has a chance to have a positive impact. I think other states need to develop infrastructure etc similiar to Abuja. It is because Abuja is so much nicer than most other Nigerian cities that their indegenes flood Abuja in search of something better.

That is what is causing the problem, same is it did to Lagos. Once the development projects in Lagos and port harcourt have been completed, many people will return there are relocate.

I dont see any logic in the suggestion that the capital city should be relocated, as if the same issues would not crop up. Simply start developing an Abuja standard in other cities which already exist, that way people wouldn't flee to Abuja like they do now.

I love Abuja and its natural scenery is part of it. It should remain the capital.
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by Fhemmmy: 2:44pm On May 21, 2010
I am sure the person that started this thread is from benue . . . .Lol
Fight for your own place jare
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by bibiking1(m): 3:20pm On May 21, 2010
This means war i guess! Becomerich,,,,i am RIGHT behind you!
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by ADint(m): 3:34pm On May 21, 2010
Grudgingly agree - Lokoja would have been a better capital for a lot of reasons topmost been unity - it is a city that is not identified with any particular tribe or religion.
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by ayo84(m): 3:58pm On May 21, 2010
they should relocate the federal capital to the niger delta
Re: Moving The Capital From Abuja by gidson12(m): 4:30pm On May 21, 2010
becomrich at it again grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Hits: From Our First Lady "her Excellency Dame Patience Jonathan" / Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun / It Is Mathematically Impossible For Buhari To Lose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.