Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,477 members, 7,836,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare (1523 Views)

A 5-Mile Island Built to Save Lagos’s Economy Has a Fatal Design Flaw / Buhari Pays Hospital Bill For Armed Robbery Victim (Photos) / PHOTOS update: Robbers Kill 11 People @first Bank In Ikare-akoko, Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 13, 2015
The entire Ikare-akoko community has been thrown into a devastated mood just some few minutes ago.
About an hour after I drove through market road to my destination around first bank area, we began to hear sounds of sporadic shooting and not long after, the screams of people from a distance could be heard as they probably scamper for safety.

The free spree lasted for more than 30minutes and from sounds of weaponry, it was obvious that the gang was quite handful.

It is now reported by a first hand witness, that there are corpses littered around the community and that all the banks along the road were robbed. Another report claims that soldiers guarding the community entrance were bombed while the police station nearby was battered with bullets,hence killing police officers.

Without doubt, lives were lost. As I write this, we are trying to condole a victim whose father was shot and from a distance, the air is filled with wailings of affected persons. It is indeed a cold evening here for all and sundry who witnessed this mishap.

This wickedness is gross.
Re: Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare by theM16: 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2015
So sad. Jst heard it too from a friend ...that town has always bn smow . May God protect us all.
Re: Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 13, 2015
The whole community is cold and taken over by sounds of ambulances as I write...I feel so sad, soo sad!
This is uncalled for in a nation blessed so much, it is not fair...I wish you were here to witness the event.
I have witness armed robbery in ibadan which made news but to be candid, this particular one is completely beyond reasoning, it is horrible,terrible and gross.
Re: Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare by PapiWata: 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2015
What is the latest ? How many did they kill ?

1 Like

Re: Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
The number of persons killed cannot be ascertain now but, 4 policemen, a soldier, and about 7 civilians have been conffirmed dead. By 2mrw, newsmen shld hv gotten d full detail. Right now, I just need warmth.
Re: Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 13, 2015
This government sef embarassed
Re: Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare by PapiWata: 8:16pm On Jan 13, 2015
olatemitayo:
The number of persons killed cannot be ascertain now but, 4 policemen, a soldier, and about 7 civilians have been conffirmed dead. By 2mrw, newsmen shld hv gotten d full detail. Right now, I just need warmth.

Wow that is some major carnage, no doubt.
Re: Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare by gebest: 8:32pm On Jan 13, 2015
This is terrible, God pls fight for ur children.
Re: Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare by SweetJoystick(m): 9:21pm On Jan 13, 2015
Na wah! God save us all, RIP to the dead
Re: Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare by Chimex388: 9:22pm On Jan 13, 2015
This is sad
Re: Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare by SUBMARINE: 9:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
Keneking:

Illiteracy na disease

Wetin concern government for some stupid people action
Re: Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare by Djicemob: 9:45pm On Jan 13, 2015
My former NYSC camp ground.So bad and sad.I hope its not true sha. cry
Re: Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare by Djicemob: 9:47pm On Jan 13, 2015
Keneking:
Must you comment? angry angry
Re: Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare by moneybag100: 9:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
Rip to the dead.
This country don tire person...lack of security is a major challenge in this country that need to be urgently addressed. I was a victim of arm robbery in my house last month, till now I still sleep with fear of repetition and my brain in trauma.
Re: Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare by warlei(m): 9:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
this is sad...
Eyin Omo ikare boju ri
Re: Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare by Bakson2012(m): 9:55pm On Jan 13, 2015
My friend is serving there ooo""". Just called him now.... He was @ the bank ooo Thank God for his life
Re: Fatal Armed Robbery In Ikare by clevvermind(m): 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
those robbers are crazy. they would surely not get away with this.

(1) (Reply)

Army Is For "PDP"- Lt GEN MINIMA / Buhari Sweeps Sokoto.....the Nation / Nigerian Lawmakers And Their Jumbo Salaries: The Way Forward!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.