Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters (3693 Views)

Tunde Sabiu Yusuf & Sarki Abba Have Access To Incommunicado Buhari - Sahara R. / Abba Kyari Wants To Cut Off These 7 Ministers From Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Mamman Daura Plagiarized Obama's Speech For Buhari - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by mcino: 7:46pm On Jan 13, 2015
Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari

As a woman, I am pained that you will not have an office of the First Lady. Many have said that the constitution does not have a provision for that office, which I believe is true, but I still insist that you bring your wife to Abuja, and into the Aso Rock Villa, to help better our lives. She can only do that with the full paraphernalia of an office, so I advise that you reconsider your position.
BY CHIKA ONUORAJAN 13, 2015

Since I heard that the All Progressives Congress (APC) voted you in as its presidential candidate, I have been worried about so many issues, some of which I will mention, but others I will raise at other fora.

To start with, as a woman, I am pained that you will not have an office of the First Lady. Many have said that the constitution does not have a provision for that office, which I believe is true, but I still insist that you bring your wife to Abuja, and into the Aso Rock Villa, to help better our lives. She can only do that with the full paraphernalia of an office, so I advise that you reconsider your position.

Again, sir, it is not about that office, but about the dividends. Most of us do not like Patience, but we like what she has gotten for us. I am not so stupid and irreligious to believe we will equal the men, but at least we can consolidate on the 35% we now have. With you, the future is grim and foreboding.

Buhari at the commissioning of his campaign HQ in Abuja
Sahara Reporters
Dear General, sir, I may be sounding disrespectful at this stage in my letter, but it is for a good reason because as a woman who has nurtured children with a supporting husband, I cannot understand why a man who served in the Nigerian Army and rose to your rank can be described as an officer and a gentleman. An officer maybe, but a gentleman definitely not. And I thought one of the reasons given for wives decorating their husbands on promotion was to show they were a rank higher. It appears to me that for some of you, while you are officers, your wives are fresh recruits.

Pardon my anger, but I must keep speaking until I ventilate why I can never, ever, vote for you, even if my husband thinks you are what Nigeria needs. He is still suffering certain deprivations for suggesting that in a discussion with his friends to my hearing.

I read the other day that you claimed to have forgiven those who sent you out of Dodan Barracks, but I think all that is politics. If you could not forgive a divorced and dead wife, only fools, including your newfound friends, especially those of the South-West who propped you up, will believe you. That is if they are that foolish! I can wager that Ibrahim Babangida did not believe a word of that your comment. Knowing him as I do, he will work his best underground against you. So will his boys.

Sir, where exactly is your second wife, Aisha? There are too many stories in the open concerning her; and her continual absence either proves the stories have a semblance of truth, or you are just the good, old Buhari that cannot change.

I do not wish to comment on President Goodluck Jonathan or his wife, Patience, but I fear gravely that with you in the Aso Villa, our gender will lose all the gains that Jonathan’s presidency gave us.

Dear General, I read something written by a woman on the back page of the Punch newspapers of Thursday, January 8, 2015 concerning your “missing wife”, but this was the most instructive for me. The writer wrote: “There are several reasons one can adduce for Buhari and his wife’s photo hide-and-seek. One, the culture of lovey-dovey is simply not him. Like the Igbo proverb that says a man cannot learn to be left-handed in old age, I wager that this is a left-handedness that Buhari has not learnt and is probably a far harder lesson than removing his cap during a church service.

“Two, he probably thinks being seen with a woman will detract from his famed militarist discipline and Spartan image. He has done a lot of bending just to project himself as a non-Islamic fundamentalist (and) pan Nigerian statesman but the woman aspect just does not resonate well with him – yet. Third, the religion and culture Buhari has known all his life do gift a second-class citizen status to women.”

Sir, Is this writer right in her summation? If that is the case, we may have to wait until you are 76 years old and recognize how important we are as women to vote you in.

See you in 2019!

Chika Onuora wrote in from Asokoro, Abuja via chikamadubuikeonuora@gmail.com.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/13/open-letter-general-muhammadu-buhari-chika-onuora

6 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by januzaj(m): 7:48pm On Jan 13, 2015
try again sis....

2 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by teemanbastos(m): 7:50pm On Jan 13, 2015
9ce open letter... Buhari would take note of this.
he will listen to the people.
bu the way this is portrayed isnt aw it means...Buhari meant that the pomp and pageatry associated with pej isnt necessary.
imagine you see cars... convoy of cars entrin a city only to discover its the first?
Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Firefire(m): 7:51pm On Jan 13, 2015
Keep this spirit alive

3 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by ShakaZullu(m): 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
januzaj:
try again sis....

BUHARI is a terrorist
Apc is BOKOHARAM
Tinubu is a bastard
Osinbajo is a vagabond
Gej till 2019

4 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Firefire(m): 7:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
I read the other day that you claimed to have forgiven those who sent you out of Dodan Barracks, but I think all that is politics. If you could not forgive a divorced and dead wife, [size=14pt]only fools, including your newfound friends, especially those of the South-West who propped you up[/size], will believe you. That is if they are that foolish! I can wager that Ibrahim Babangida did not believe a word of that your comment. Knowing him as I do, he will work his best underground against you. So will his boys.

South Westerners are not foolish. we know our right from our left.

Buhari's marriage with Tinubu shall surely fail by fire by fire! angry

Or are you foolish

2 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Rainmaker69(m): 7:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
Retarded.
Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by ORACLE1975(m): 7:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
hmmm
Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by midolian(m): 7:58pm On Jan 13, 2015
Madam na 10fingers u get but na once u fit vote...

Madam even ur extended family no fit reach 100...

And to break ur heart madam, millions of nigerians will vote for buhari come FeBUHARI 14 (and he ll be victorious)

And lastly, madam u can go to hell

6 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by temitemi1(m): 8:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
Say NO to HAWKISH n DESPOTIC general!! GEJ till 2019!!!

2 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by aresa: 8:11pm On Jan 13, 2015
Tell Reno Omokirikiri aka Wendel to find better market for his new like in otuoke, penning fake gists with the same hate, religious bigotry, division and tribalism is not working even after trying for 6 years.

Nigerians are ready for #CHANGE#GMB2015...

4 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Vicotex(m): 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2015
APC blames Goodluck Jonathan as
Messi failed to win the Ballon D'or
again.
Buhari: Nigerians must know that
Messi failed because Jonathan is
highly corrupt. I urge Nigerians to
vote for me so that I will kill
corruption.
Tinubu: It is obvious that
Jonathan has failed in every
assessment. Common Ballon Dor
that Messi has been winning,
Jonathan's clueless-ness has
made him to lose.
Amaechi: Only a fool will vote for
Jonathan. His incompetency made
Messi to lose.
Fashola: PDP rigging machine has
rigged Messi out
Rochas: I told you people that PDP
loves injustice.
Oshiomole: PDP has no shame for
rigging Messi out.
Tony Sylva: I will pay anything for
Messi to fight this in court.
John Oyegun: For rigging Messi
out, GEJ must resign.
El-rufai: Jonathan has confirmed
that he is clueless for making
Messi to lose.

Mean while buhari still dey blame Gej for his previous failures.

Gej till buhari wear jeans

3 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by lawbabs: 8:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
Firefire:
Keep this spirit alive

FEBUHARI 14 is alive. Your propaganda and lies will not work. Try harder but dont be shocked when you realise that the moving train - CHANGE is unstoppable.

2 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by babadee1(m): 8:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
Madam, so with all the serious problems facing this country the office of the first lady is the only issue that you're basing your vote on. It's people like you that make me think that democracy is just wasted on us Nigerians. Here is a once in a lifetime opportunity to show that the people are greater than the government. An opportunity to set a standard so that future presidents will be afraid to take their posts for granted. But no, you just need to see a first lady parading around in all her pomp and pageantry for your own needs as a voter to be met. Shame on you!

4 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by lawbabs: 8:23pm On Jan 13, 2015
From reliable source, I learnt that letter originated from the corridors of Aso Rock. They continue to lift stories that they don't know the origin and the real gist. And they end up looking stupid...

5 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Firefire(m): 8:27pm On Jan 13, 2015
lawbabs:

FEBUHARI 14 is alive. Your propaganda and lies will not work. Try harder but dont be shocked when you realise that the moving train - CHANGE is unstoppable.

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by demelza: 8:29pm On Jan 13, 2015
midolian:
Madam na 10fingers u get but na once u fit vote...

Madam even ur extended family no fit reach 100...

And to break ur heart madam, millions of nigerians will vote for buhari come FeBUHARI 14 (and he ll be victorious)

And lastly, madam u can go to hell
You are in the spirit.
#FeBuhari

2 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 13, 2015
temitemi1:
Say NO to HAWKISH n DESPOTIC general!! GEJ till 2019!!!
BUHARI till when you start to use your common sense...by the way GEJ is as useless as the P in the word "pneumonia"

Sai buhari

3 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
lawbabs:
From reliable source, I learnt that letter originated from the corridors of Aso Rock. They continue to lift stories that they don't know the origin and the real gist. And they end up looking stupid...
Don't mind the clueless man and his clueless followers.....cheap propaganda everywhere...

1 Like

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Jesusloveyou: 8:35pm On Jan 13, 2015
U saTANiod are really lawless,buhari is all about keeping rules,laws and regulation,he is to uphold d constitution,it wil not be this govt,were less than 100 women waste what belong to all.don't demand for d unlawful things.buhari for change 2015.

2 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by lawbabs: 8:36pm On Jan 13, 2015
@FireFire

Your grandmaster, Doyin Okupe (The Bastard) told us that APC will not witness its one year anniversary. He was so bold about it that he said we should call him bastard if it does. So when APC clocked one, some of us who wrote down his statement, happily called him bastard.

I am calling you to be bold and tell us what we should call you if Febuhari 14 is successful and Buhari wins the election. If you are bold, please say it...

5 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
ShakaZullu:

BUHARI is a terrorist
Apc is BOKOHARAM
Tinubu is a bastard
Osinbajo is a vagabond
Gej till 2019
Craze no hard to form na the trekking be wahala......clueless people like you always think they have an opinion....

2 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by lawbabs: 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2015
Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by ogb5(m): 8:39pm On Jan 13, 2015
Well written piece. The writeup is not about the office of first lady but about what women has achieved politically in the last couple of years. From 0% female representation in Buhari's govt in the 80's to over 35% representation presently. It will be a shame if we go back to the old days where women were suppressed politically.

Suppressing women means suppressing 50% of the population and that is not good for our development.

1 Like

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by kestolove95(m): 8:41pm On Jan 13, 2015
abg wia my broom ma sweep dix sensless and clueless post off!!

2 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Firefire(m): 8:41pm On Jan 13, 2015
lawbabs:
@FireFire

Your grandmaster, Doyin Okupe (The Bastard) told us that APC will not witness its one year anniversary. He was so bold about it that he said we should call him bastard if it does. So when APC clocked one, some of us who wrote down his statement, happily called him bastard.

I am calling you to be bold and tell us what we should call you if Febuhari 14 is successful and Buhari wins the election. If you are bold, please say it...

@ lawbabs,

It is a collective task. We must all join our voices together to say NO! to this Fraud called Buhari.

See the voice of reason, Buhari candidacy is not the solution to Nigeria.

Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan remains the only option for a greater Nigeria.

I wish you well and enough as you change your mindset about GEJ.

Shalom!
Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by ShakaZullu(m): 8:45pm On Jan 13, 2015
wakacome:
Craze no hard to form na the trekking be wahala......clueless people like you always think they have an opinion....

Thunder fire you there
Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2015
ShakaZullu:

Thunder fire you there
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by olaboy001(m): 8:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
Vicotex:
again.
corruption.
made him to lose.
Messi to lose.
rigged Messi out
loves injustice.
rigging Messi out.
out, GEJ must resign.
Messi to lose.

Read what you post and ask yourself if yourself if you made any sense there

1 Like

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 13, 2015
Vicotex:
again.
corruption.
made him to lose.
Messi to lose.
rigged Messi out
loves injustice.
rigging Messi out.
out, GEJ must resign.
Messi to lose.

I SALUTE YOUR STUPIDITY...grin

1 Like

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by mcino: 9:19pm On Jan 13, 2015
kestolove95:
abg wia my broom ma sweep dix sensless and clueless post off!!
SEE IT HERE, MUNTULA

Re: See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters by 100Cents: 1:23am On Jan 14, 2015
His wife is illiterate just like him.

So let's bear his own inadequacy alone.

But he won't even get there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Hate Igbo, By Chinua Achebe / 5 Beautiful Wives Of Our Governors / One Million Man Match For Atiku Abubakar In Yenagoa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.