Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You (54878 Views)

"If You Want To Win Any Election, Pay FFK Not To Support You" - Jimoh Ibrahim / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' / Ameachi Didnt Betray Jonathan; It Was Vice-versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by hotwax: 9:53am On Jan 14, 2015
juman:
Obasanjo is attention seeker.

And he got Jonathan's attention. Maybe you know more than Jonathan.

Tell that to Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by mikolo80: 9:54am On Jan 14, 2015
chymystique:

Yeah u are right. We deserve a better leader and its not Buhari.. Dunoo why Nigerians ve decided to settle for crumbs offered by the APC..
better leader like who?
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by hotwax: 9:55am On Jan 14, 2015
MadCow1:

Sauce please?

Go and read Obasanjo letters...

Lazy book shy
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by MadCow1: 9:58am On Jan 14, 2015
Missonas:

Going by what you just said we could equally assume that GEJ would probably have performed better in a military dispensation.We do not have time for all of that.Where power resides is not as important has who wields it and what he/she does with it.

How you came to that assumption would forever remain a mystery to me...

I have never said Buhari would be better than GEJ as president, but then again we wouldn't know unless we try. Going by how low GEJ has set the bar, Buhari would actually have to work hard to be worse than Jonathan..

GEJ curently wields power, Infact he had the very rare chance of an additional 2 years to his mandated 4 and he has shown that he isn't capable of delivering. Bare in mind that if we add another 2 years to his current stay, he would have been in power for the duration of two terms... No thank you.

All we want is change..nit does not matter who..

Like I said, we will keep changing things until we find the right fix.. I and millions of other Nigerians who gave GEJ a chance to fail us are now about to give Buhari that same chance with our fingers crossed..

Geddit?!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by juman(m): 9:58am On Jan 14, 2015
hotwax:

And he got Jonathan's attention. Maybe you know more than Jonathan.

Tell that to Jonathan

Obasanjo that cannot win the polling booth in front of his house.

Look and look, goodluck jonathan is a foolishh president.

If not that he does not perform well that's why he resulted in this situation, if he had performed well, people would have been asking him to perform more miracle for the country.

I don't want him to be reelected back.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by demelza: 10:02am On Jan 14, 2015
Okeikpu:
Niggarians celebrate f00ls like Otta baboon.... Dat's one of the reason we r where we r today.....Again they r backing Buhari.... Cattle realer 4dat matter... G20 meeting is approaching, i ws wondering wt language a man like Buhari ll use over there..... ⊙︿⊙
And what language does Angela Merkel and Vladimir Putin use, you brain-washed slave? How many people in the chinese government speak English?
Nincompoop.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by cedric24: 10:05am On Jan 14, 2015
chymystique:

Yeah u are right. We deserve a better leader and its not Buhari.. Dunoo why Nigerians ve decided to settle for crumbs offered by the APC..

Oga Buhari will prove to be a better crumb if given the chance. We have to make do with what we have now. Every well thinking Nigerian now wished they never voted for GEJ. Beside our economic woes and teething corruption which now knows no boundary, you would have wished you were not a Nigerian if you had happened be among the refugees now displaced in the north east. GEJ has no desire to fight gboko haram. Our rickety military can still deal a fatal blow to those miscreants but GEJ is not showing enough willingness.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by Missonas(f): 10:05am On Jan 14, 2015
MadCow1:

How you came to that assumption would forever remain a mystery to me...
I have never said Buhari would be better than GEJ as president, but then again we wouldn't know unless we try. Going by how low GEJ has set the bar, Buhari would actually have to work hard to be worse than Jonathan..
GEJ curently wields power, Infact he had the very rare chance of an additional 2 years to his mandated 4 and he has shown that he isn't capable of delivering. Bare in mind that if we add another 2 years to his current stay, he would have been in power for the duration of two terms... No thank you.
All we want is change..nit does not matter who..
Like I said, we will keep changing things until we find the right fix.. I and millions of other Nigerians who gave GEJ a chance to fail us are now about to give Buhari that same chance with our fingers crossed..
Geddit?!
Totally!I pray Buhari wins.Change is good if its good!
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by cedric24: 10:06am On Jan 14, 2015
Oga Buhari will prove to be a better crumb if given the chance. We have to make do with what we have now. Every well thinking Nigerian now wished they never voted for GEJ. Beside our economic woes and teething corruption which now knows no boundary, you would have wished you were not a Nigerian if you had happened be among the refugees now displaced in the north east. GEJ has no desire to fight gboko haram. Our rickety military can still deal a fatal blow to those miscreants but GEJ is not showing enough willingness. This is the reason why America, the rest of the west and those that initially showed enthusiasm to help us find the chibok girls withdrew from the project all together. They saw the lack of seriousness in Abuja. it pains me that we Nigerians often times allow our emotions and petty sentiments to dictate our thoughts. We need this change to keep Nigeria alive and then we can start thinking of young and better refined leaders. I assure you that another year with GEJ as president will further plunge our dear country into darkness. The guy is confused and his ministers and supporters seem to lack the will power too to help stair the ship out of the storm.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by demelza: 10:07am On Jan 14, 2015
MadCow1:

Remove GEJ.. 6 years and nothing to show..

Try something new.. If it fails as well, we also remove him and keep trying something new until we find the right one.

In 6 years, Nigeria went from a recovering nation to a nation in ICU.
This is what most are missing.
This election is not about Buhari or Jonathan. Its about showing the rulers that they are accountable to the people. If Buhari does not perform, we throw him out and put another person there.
That is democracy.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by Tranquill: 10:08am On Jan 14, 2015
GetUmad:

By the way, why is Jonathan bent on winning this man's support by all means. He should look at the brighter side, if God says YES, a man's NO is immaterial.

Its just a matter of courtesy and so that some southwesterners will not say he did not respect their baba not that his support is of any electoral value. Obasanjo has never won any election without rigging. Part of the reasons he is not happy with GEJ is that he conducted free and fair elections that saw his favourates including his daughter and his governoshipcandidate in Ogun state lose election. So what electoral value will he bring when elections are now conducted devoid of rigging. I even see him not coming out to vote making his one vote irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by MadCow1: 10:09am On Jan 14, 2015
Missonas:

Totally!I pray Buhari wins.Change is good if its good!

Exactly..
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by vicoloni(m): 10:14am On Jan 14, 2015
brojero:
To GEJ: Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin.....

His Lordship, Bishop Oyedepo
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by emmy4life02(m): 10:16am On Jan 14, 2015
chymystique:

crumbs is better then hot air
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by kelvin2yk: 10:19am On Jan 14, 2015
Questions from Obj at the mother of all meetings with Jonathan witnessed by Papa Adeboye and Bishop Oyedepo. Matters arising: Tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (1) Did u agree to run for only one term or not? (2) What did u tell me was ur reason for not going after Boko haram insurgents even when I told u this will boomerang? (3) What happened to the Nigeria's external reserve and sovereign wealth fund? (4) Did u give licence to Niger Delta Militants (Dokubo and Toompolo) to import arms in the name of their privately owned companies? If so, for what reason? (5) Did you not get correspondence from the United States consulate that a certain citizen named Buruji Kashamu is indicted for Drug trafficking? Why did u appoint the same Kashamu as South West leader of PDP rather than hand him over to the US? And did the PDP give automatic senate ticket to a wanted and convicted drug baron? Stay tuned!
1 hr · Public
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by emmy4life02(m): 10:19am On Jan 14, 2015
omenka:
Jonah go chop dust for this election aswear!! cheesy

Had he not been such a sourpuss, too petty, emotional, impulsive, I bet he would have observed more caution and restraint while speaking. You called someone a tout yesterday and today you wanna jump into bed with them!! Impossible!!

The other day when he gave that speech, I was happy and said "I like what is happening, let him keep insulting. No one makes new friends by insulting his former friends and allies. He's courting more enemies for himself, and powerful ones at that!!". Now his words have started bearing fruits. Let him eat them and tell us how tasty they are.

The time for Marylin Ogar, Okupe, Abati and FFK will soon come as well.

I think the loudmouth Maku has already started eating his! grin. He got a swollen stomach already!! Now he walks around with a chicken like a native doctor!!
i beg no kill me here with laugh...still LOL on maku
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by ynusaa(m): 10:20am On Jan 14, 2015
Everything about GEJ is failure, we really need change.

SAI BUHARI cool shocked cool

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by Odogwuskido(m): 10:23am On Jan 14, 2015
GEJ should forget about OBJ...he(Obj) can't vote for all Nigerians.He will and I will vote as well.What a heck??
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by annibro(f): 10:23am On Jan 14, 2015
chymystique:

U ve ur own choice 2 make; 12 other contestants are still part of dis race. Choose ur own biko!

BTW; if u tink most Nigerians ve settled 4 crumbs... My bros tink, dat crumb must ve a hidden treasure inside.
Every1 cannot be wrong u know
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by theorbiters: 10:25am On Jan 14, 2015
[quote author=paulo007 post=29772708][/quote]

Hmmm, we all know that the Nation newspaper is owned by Tinubu and they only print in favour of its owner. So my take on this is that, don't believe everything you read besides, if nobody disclosed what transpired in the meeting, how the hell did they get the info. Anyway, I am on the fence wen it comes to politics.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:31am On Jan 14, 2015
maestroferddi:
We shall await further authentication.

The Nation is not where to look when you are looking for factual reportage.

Whatever happens, Obasanjo is at his wits end politically. It is good that he is showing his hand now so that when Jonathan wins re-election, he would be ultimately put in his place.

The PDP has since moved on. The party has enough portent men in the SW to have an impressive showing.

Obasanjo has hardly been an opinion molder in the politics of the SW. The statistics are there for all to see.
Go find out, Jonathan won't do anything to Obasanjo. Not when former military heads of state like Buhari, Babangida and Abubakar as well as TY. Danjuma are alive. The army is like a cult, they don't malign themselves.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by 100Cents: 10:32am On Jan 14, 2015
IF GOD BE FOR JONATHAN, NO MAN CAN BE AGAINST HIM.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by searay(m): 10:32am On Jan 14, 2015
How many votes has OBJ?
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:33am On Jan 14, 2015
Labaran Maku now goes about with a fowl (APGA's symbol) like a native doctor. Omenka, u go kill me with laugh o.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by mayorSharp: 10:33am On Jan 14, 2015
troubleshooter:

Can u carry a gun? Or u think ur kitchen knife can divide it?
Yeye dey smell![/qu. Baba talk sense
[quote author=emmy4life02 post=29779447]
crumbs is better then hot air
[quote author=troubleshooter post=29775453]

Yeye dey smell![/qu. Baba talk sense
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by mayorSharp: 10:33am On Jan 14, 2015
troubleshooter:

Yeye dey smell!
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by maestroferddi: 10:37am On Jan 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Go find out, Jonathan won't do anything to Obasanjo. Not when former military heads of state like Buhari, Babangida and Abubakar as well as TY. Danjuma are alive. The army is like a cult, they don't malign themselves.
I hear you.

What of the rancour between Buhari and IBB that has refused to go away?

Does Jonathan need to physically attack Obasanjo? All he needs is to ignore and relegate him.

He has successfully been doing that. That is why the older man is getting inexorably vindictive.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by deletrue: 10:41am On Jan 14, 2015
omenka:
Jonah go chop dust for this election aswear!! cheesy

Had he not been such a sourpuss, too petty, emotional, impulsive, I bet he would have observed more caution and restraint while speaking. You called someone a tout yesterday and today you wanna jump into bed with them!! Impossible!!

The other day when he gave that speech, I was happy and said "I like what is happening, let him keep insulting. No one makes new friends by insulting his former friends and allies. He's courting more enemies for himself, and powerful ones at that!!". Now his words have started bearing fruits. Let him eat them and tell us how tasty they are.

The time for Marylin Ogar, Okupe, Abati and FFK will soon come as well.

I think the loudmouth Maku has already started eating his! grin. He got a swollen stomach already!! Now he walks around with a chicken like a native doctor!!
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by cedric24: 10:42am On Jan 14, 2015
Imagine you have a girl friend of at least two years. You have been together for that long but whenever you want to share some intimate moments with her you have to go through the process you went through before she agreed to be your sweetheart in the first place. You have to tell her all the sweet stories all over again and do everything possible to have her consent. Not that you are stupid or something but that's who she is. she has short memory span. She behave this way because the "love doctor" said she's suffering from dementia(not real dementia but "love dementia"wink. She has memory loss. What pains lover-boy has to go through all the time. Nevertheless, I salute his courage. The bitter truth is that many Nigerians are like this sweet girl but with a faulty memory. For about six years GEJ has been president of this country we have gone from bad to worse. The situation is only getting worse. We voted for him because "he had a humble beginning" but this man has proved not to be a humble man. He has surrounded himself with thieves. GEJ has never had the courage to punish any offender within his cabinet. From the subsidy scandal to NNPC massive corruption to ineffectiveness in the top cadre of our military, mr president is clueless. He keeps preaching about good behavior and how he will make Nigeria better if re-elected. Under his watch our foreign reserve and the excess crude account have been depleted with only spurious explanations and defense offered by minister of finance and chairman of the economy, madam Okonjo. Oil was consistently at above $100 per barrel since he became president. What do we have to show for it? How much is still the pump price of PMS since the price of crude oil started the free fall? In countries where the citizens have memories and foresight, a man like GEJ would not spend more than two years in office. We say we are educated but simple decisions like exercising your electoral or civil right is so difficult for us to do. We can't even engage in civil disobedience against corrupt leaders, be they politicians or men of God. We sheepishly swallow every rubbish that's thrown at us. I have never seen a more docile people like us. We are all asleep, and we may die in our sleep if we fail to wake up now.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 14, 2015
Osibanjo:His excellency sir! We need to look into the cognitive domain of our people to acertain their psychomotor domain.
Buhari:Mr Osibade what are talking about?
Osibanjo:we need to add more MOTOR to the presidential convoy to impress our people,i need u to raise money for me to do that.
BUhari:kai.....mr Osibade,i sabi book well well....so no because of motor i dey speak all these grammar? Kai.......baa problem!
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by OLADD: 10:49am On Jan 14, 2015
[quote author=paulo007 post=29772708][/quote]

And Jonathan replies OBJ thus;

Yes, I indeed promised to spend a term as the president but as a result of exigencies precipitated by the north using Boko haram to undermine my laudable agenda, there's a pressing need to seek second term in order to consolidate on ongoing transformation projects.
2. The foreign reserve depletion was brought about by negative oil price variations, a global phenomenon that cut across all oil-dependent countries.
3. I have not committed any sin for opting to further serve my dear nation, after all, your Excellency attempted to change the constitution for a third term tenure elongation.
4. If breaking a promise to serve one term is one of your grouses, then extend your advice to Buhari for him to step down since he too cry-promised not to contest for presidency again.
5. The North has ruled Nigeria for 40 wasted years, is it a crime if a Niger Deltan (the nation's food basket) decides to lead for paltry 8 years?
6. Your Excellency sir, when have you now become the numero uno who determines who becomes Nigerian president?
7. Buruji Kasamu in the eyes of the law is still a suspect having not been convicted by any court both locally and internationally, why should his fundamental human right be breached in the name of political considerations? The leader of APC, Bola Tinubu has also not been completely cleared of a US drug peddling case in the nineties.
8. Sir, have you forgotten that you took part in a coup and attempted to topple Abacha's govt, convicted and escaped death by the whiskers but later pardoned? If you had been given Buruji Kasamu's treatment, would you have become prison-to-president personality in the anals of our history?
9. With regards to Boko haram sir, I chose to adopt carrot and stick approach instead of killing innocent Nigerians the way you did in Odi, Bayelsa State so as not to be accused of committing genocide. Have you forgotten the number of innocent lives lost when Ya'adua asked the military to invade Gbaramatu also in Bayelsa? Even when I decided to lunch full-scale onslaught, Buhari, Hell Rufai and notable northern elders accused me of "killing the north". I am sure you understand the complexity of Nigeria as a nation.The decision to adopt civility approach should not however be taken as weakness on my part.
10. And finally Sir, kindly appeal to your masters in the north to sheath their swords and allow my govt to have peace so that they can be accorded the same gestures when they take over governance in 2019. One good turns deserves another. Thank you your Excellency.
GEJ.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by Timijo(m): 10:53am On Jan 14, 2015
With or without the support of Obasanjo, GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sympathisers At Abiola Ajimobi's Residence In Ibadan / Famous Buharist And Tinubu Supporter Posh Mama Is Dead. / South African Investors Arrive Owerri After Jacob Zuma Was Honored By Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.