Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL (1557 Views)

Where Are Those Buhari Fans Shouting Sai Baba And Trekking From State To State ? / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) / President Jonathan And Comedian Bovi Smile At Each Other (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Priceless24(f): 5:08am On Jan 14, 2015
Before you begin to chant #Jonathan till thy kingdom come or #Sai Buhari try read small abeg it's not that long.

I've been following posts on Nairaland and all kinds of social media concerning the coming elections particularly the presidential elections and it is really heart breaking to see the kind of things Nigerians say to each other over politicians, people who care less about our existence.

So if you know you haven't sold your soul to support any politician, please put aside your loyalty for a second and read objectively.

To be honest before today I thought Jonathan and Buhari were the only candidates running for the presidential slot until I saw the list published by INEC.

Why are Nigerians so myopic? Every election period we hear of and experience all of this dirty propaganda used by politicians to get an upper hand. I just saw 'Muhammadu Ikechukwu Buhari' on another thread, since when? Goodluck even has/had two Igbo names 'Ebele' and 'Azikiwe' for election purposes.

Everybody wants change, but should we pick a recycled party to give us that change? What about all the other fresh and young candidates from other parties? We talk about exercising our rights to vote and showing the government that we won't take BS anymore and yet we would gladly play into the hands of the APC, a party that has shown it will play whatever game PDP is playing. How are they different?

Why not give someone new a chance if we really want change? That is assuming our votes make any difference. Nigeria does not have only two political parties. God knows I'd really like to see the looks on Jona and Buhari's faces if a totally different candidate emerges as winner. That would be a game changer for Nigeria's supposed democracy.

As for me, I can't in good conscience vote for either Jonathan or Buhari. In fact if my neighbors security guard were to tell me he's running for president I'd rather vote for him than either of them.

As Nigerians, it would be good once in a while to put aside ethnic and religious differences and seek progress. Abeg, we should be tired of getting molested by our ancestors and their descendants in the name of leadership.
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by eleko1: 5:13am On Jan 14, 2015
cool wink U are entitled to your opinion.Is the Present daft man una call President not new when Nigerian(excluding me cos I knw he's a misfit)elected him on sympathy ground(he nor get shoes)?We want someone in the mould of stainless BUHARI to deal with the hydra headed problem we have in this country.We can't afford to vote an unknown,untested man to act as a kindergarten/tell us stealing is not corruption/America will know.As for me me ooo and other progressive Nig,we are behind BUHARI like olumo rock.U fit port if U like cool
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by hushmail: 5:32am On Jan 14, 2015
Op you have a point, but get real

such a thing can never happen in 9ja

u have to face the realities of our times

its either GEJ or FAILBUHARI

in that case,

Let the Fresh Air of GEJ continue
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Priceless24(f): 5:38am On Jan 14, 2015
hushmail:
Op you have a point, but get real

such a thing can never happen in 9ja

u have to face the realities of our times

its either GEJ or FAILBUHARI

in that case,

Let the Fresh Air of GEJ continue

Why can't it happen? At least Nigerians are waking up to want to remove Jonathan
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by eleko1: 5:48am On Jan 14, 2015
Gbam! Tell am.We have had enuf of Jona.Ijoba Jona ti sun wa/We are tired of Jona govt.
Priceless24:

Why can't it happen? At least Nigerians are waking up to want to remove Jonathan
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by naturally: 5:52am On Jan 14, 2015
Op, vote for Chris okotie then undecided
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 14, 2015
trash

op we need experienced people not some security guide

Buhari is the man!!
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Burger01(m): 6:38am On Jan 14, 2015
Just your thoughts anyway. I can't imagine voting for security guardundecided
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Dahveydson(m): 7:56am On Jan 14, 2015
Priceless24:

Before you begin to chant #Jonathan till thy kingdom come or #Sai Buhari try read small abeg it's not that long.

I've been following posts on Nairaland and all kinds of social media concerning the coming elections particularly the presidential elections and it is really heart breaking to see the kind of things Nigerians say to each other over politicians, people who care less about our existence.

So if you know you haven't sold your soul to support any politician, please put aside your loyalty for a second and read objectively.

To be honest before today I thought Jonathan and Buhari were the only candidates running for the presidential slot until I saw the list published by INEC.

Why are Nigerians so myopic? Every election period we hear of and experience all of this dirty propaganda used by politicians to get an upper hand. I just saw 'Muhammadu Ikechukwu Buhari' on another thread, since when? Goodluck even has/had two Igbo names 'Ebele' and 'Azikiwe' for election purposes.

Everybody wants change, but should we pick a recycled party to give us that change? What about all the other fresh and young candidates from other parties? We talk about exercising our rights to vote and showing the government that we won't take BS anymore and yet we would gladly play into the hands of the APC, a party that has shown it will play whatever game PDP is playing. How are they different?

Why not give someone new a chance if we really want change? That is assuming our votes make any difference. Nigeria does not have only two political parties. God knows I'd really like to see the looks on Jona and Buhari's faces if a totally different candidate emerges as winner. That would be a game changer for Nigeria's supposed democracy.

As for me, I can't in good conscience vote for either Jonathan or Buhari. In fact if my neighbors security guard were to tell me he's running for president I'd rather vote for him than either of them.

As Nigerians, it would be good once in a while to put aside ethnic and religious differences and seek progress. Abeg, we should be tired of getting molested by our ancestors and their descendants in the name of leadership.

In my opinion, you didn't say anything. It would have been much better if you gave us names of candidates you think are suitable for the position, not give an analogy about your gateman.
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Priceless24(f): 5:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
Burger01:
Just your thoughts anyway. I can't imagine voting forms security guardundecided

It's sarcasm jare
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Priceless24(f): 5:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
Dahveydson:

In my opinion, you didn't say anything. It would have been much better if you gave us names of candidates you think are suitable for the position, not give an analogy about your gateman.

My thoughts, your opinion. I won't be the one to tell you who to vote for, all I said was we don't have only two candidates for the election
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Burger01(m): 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
Priceless24:

It's sarcasm jare
Don't mind me jare.
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2015
Priceless24:

Let me just say I'm not eligible to vote in naij. But in as much as both candidates have absolutely nothing or much to offer, don't you think voting for an inconsequential 3rd option with zero change of winning would amount to wasting ya vote?

It is akin to the US elections with Democrats vs Republicans vs Ron Paul. Most folks know Ron Paul always have the best agenda, but it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for Ron Paul to win. However, it is always better to cast ya vote for someone in one of the big two who's the lesser evil on the surface.

Cc: missy89 and shock

Wanna see what you lot think.
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Priceless24(f): 1:14am On Jan 15, 2015
SirShymex:

Let me just say I'm not eligible to vote in naij. But in as much as both candidates have absolutely nothing or much to offer, don't you think voting for an inconsequential 3rd option with zero change of winning would amount to wasting ya vote?

It is akin to the US elections with Democrats vs Republicans vs Ron Paul. Most folks know Ron Paul always have the best agenda, but it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for Ron Paul to win. However, it is always better to cast ya vote for someone in one of the big two who's the lesser evil on the surface.

You're probably right about your analogy to US elections. In Naija's case PDP v APC v others. But what makes it a democracy? Freedom to choose whoever we think best represents our interest or something of that sort. But Nigerians only see two people, so even if there was a 'Ron Paul' they probably wouldn't notice.
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 15, 2015
SirShymex:

True.
Voting for a 3rd candidate in any winner take all electoral system is just the same as sitting at home and not voting at all. That said, we vote for different reasons. Some people are motivated to vote for a third candidate for ideological reasons even thou they know he/she wont win. (I will vote Utomi for example even if i know he wont win). There is satisfaction in voting for what you believe in no matter the outcome.

That is why i prefer the proportional representation system. That way, you will have a voice even if your party is never going to win.

missy_89 has been banned by the fascist mods because i complained about the methods.
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by emeka2847: 10:12am On Jan 15, 2015
Change!
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 15, 2015
missyAL:

True.
Voting for a 3rd candidate in any winner take all electoral system is just the same as sitting at home and not voting at all. That said, we vote for different reasons. Some people are motivated to vote for a third candidate for ideological reasons even thou they know he/she wont win. (I will vote Utomi for example even if i know he wont win). There is satisfaction in voting for what you believe in no matter the outcome.

That is why i prefer the proportional representation system. That way, you will have a voice even if your party is never going to win.

missy_89 has been banned by the fascist mods because i complained about the methods.

I hear that.

Anyway, who's Utomi and what has he got to offer? And has he ever been in a position of power? - if so, what were his achievements?

The mods have always been fascist - those mofos used to ban me like every other day. grin
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 15, 2015
Priceless24:

You're probably right about your analogy to US elections. In Naija's case PDP v APC v others. But what makes it a democracy? Freedom to choose whoever we think best represents our interest or something of that sort. But Nigerians only see two people, so even if there was a 'Ron Paul' they probably wouldn't notice.

It's a "democracy" just as the US system where it's always been Democrats vs. Republicans is a "democracy". Ditto how the UK used to be between Labour vs. Conservatives (it changed recently), Germany with SPD vs. CDU, etc..

That's how the farce called "democracy" works these days. grin
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 15, 2015
SirShymex:

I hear that.

Anyway, who's Utomi and what has he got to offer? And has he ever been in a position of power? - if so, what were his achievements?

The mods have always been fascist - those mofos used to ban me like every other day. grin

He is a political economist. and a professor at the Lagos business school. I watched few of his debates when he contested in 2011 (he pulled out eventually) and he advocated for a return to regional government based of the current geopolitical zones.

Sounds like what i want to hear. he is the Ron Paul of Nigeria grin. He was an adviser to shagari in the 80s when he was 26-27 i think.

One of my top 10 Nigerians of all time cool

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Utomi
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
missyAL:

He is a political economist. and a professor at the Lagos business school. I watched few of his debates when he contested in 2011 (he pulled out eventually) and he advocated for a return to regional government based of the current geopolitical zones.

Sounds like what i want to hear. he is the Ron Paul of Nigeria grin. He was an adviser to shagari in the 80s when he was 26-27 i think.

Is that why you think he's Ron Paul? Shagari was an utter failure, so that's non-achievement, if you ask me.

Perhaps, he needs to get involved politically in the Nigerian legislature, to show his resolve - like Ron Paul. I wouldn't even call him "Cynthia McKinney" - that would be stretching it. The man is no Ron Paul. Ron Paul is a rebel with a cause. grin
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 15, 2015
SirShymex:

Is that why you think he's Ron Paul? Shagari was an utter failure, so that's non-achievement, if you ask me.

Perhaps, he needs to get involved politically in the Nigerian legislature, to show his resolve - like Ron Paul. I wouldn't even call him "Cynthia McKinney" - that would be stretching it. The man is no Ron Paul. Ron Paul is a rebel with a cause. grin

The Ron Paul reference is just to highlight that he probably wont be president even thou he has good ideas. I am not comparing them literally.

You cant do much if you are in the Nigerian legislature. Executive positions are the only way to effect real change. Both houses have few good MPs but they cant really do much. I was hoping he would contest for Delta state governor at least.(i think he lost out in the primaries)
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2015
missyAL:

The Ron Paul reference is just to highlight that he probably wont be president even thou he has good ideas. I am not comparing them literally.

You cant do much if you are in the Nigerian legislature. Executive positions are the only way to effect real change. Both houses have few good MPs but they cant really do much. I was hoping he would contest for Delta state governor at least.(i think he lost out in the primaries)

Nice. I concur.

In other news: I heard Ted Cruz now has a new coalition of birthers trying to put their feet on his throat, and stomp him out. grin
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2015
SirShymex:

Nice. I concur.

In other news: I heard Ted Cruz now has a new coalition of birthers trying to put their feet on his throat, and stomp him out. grin

He is getting what he deserves. I don't think he can even with the GOP ticket anyway.

The most Interesting news is Romney. If he should contest and win the ticket, He might just be able to defeat Hilary. He is not hiding the fact that he is a corporatist like Hilary who is masquerading as a moderate liberal.
I dont vote presidential election anyway. It looks rigged. I am more concerned about my county and state elections.
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 15, 2015
missyAL:

He is getting what he deserves. I don't think he can even with the GOP ticket anyway.

The most Interesting news is Romney. If he should contest and win the ticket, He might just be able to defeat Hilary. He is not hiding the fact that he is a corporatist like Hilary who is masquerading as a moderate liberal.
I dont vote presidential election anyway. It looks rigged. I am more concerned about my county and state elections.

Lol, I've not really been following the lead up to the US election, but Ted Cruz does look like a decent guy. Ditto Rand Paul. However, if I were to hit bookies (I'll do that once I see the odds) - I'd put my money on Jeb Bush to win it all. The Bush family should complete their own version of a three-peat on the yanks. George Bush Sr -> Bill Clinton -> George Bush Jr -> Obama -> Jeb Bush! cool

Nancy Pelosi has a better chance of winning anything than Hilary Clinton, and she is not even contesting. That shows how damaged Hilary Clinton is
Re: Thoughts For Diehard Jonathan And Buhari Fans On NL by Dahveydson(m): 4:06am On Jan 16, 2015
Priceless24:

My thoughts, your opinion. I won't be the one to tell you who to vote for, all I said was we don't have only two candidates for the election
That's just fantasy, in reality, we have just two major contenders.

(1) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Of Infidelities: Bank’s Director In Messy Adultery Scandal / Boko Haram’s Jihad Is False- Escapee ( Channels TV ) / Jonathan Deserves Praise For Giving OPC Contract –gani Adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.