Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,451 members, 7,846,888 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:07 AM

Jonathan Failed, Not His Generation – Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Failed, Not His Generation – Fashola (581 Views)

Why Military Under Jonathan Failed To Defeat Boko Haram – Former CDS / NNPC Under Jonathan Failed To Remit N3.2trn, Says Auditor-general / Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Failed, Not His Generation – Fashola by gbemonology1: 9:20am On Jan 14, 2015
The Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Tuesday said President Goodluck Jonathan’s comment that his generation had failed Nigerians was personal to him.

He told the President to accept responsibility for his failure to address the challenges confronting the nation.

Fashola spoke at a town hall meeting organised by the State Ministry of Transportation which had transport unions, including the National Union of Road Transport Workers’ in attendance.

The governor said the president should summon courage and own up to his government’s failures in the last six years rather than point accusing fingers to past leaders.

He said, “He (Jonathan) said his generation has failed; he should account for himself. I refuse to be part of the generation the President is referring to.

“He is in his 50s, I am also in my 50s. But I don’t want to join that generation because my own generation has not failed; I have done well on my job and I am proud to say so. If he has failed, let him account for himself, he should not include us.”

The governor said the issues that would form the basis of debate for the elections would be how well the citizens of the nation had fared under the present administration.

Fashola said he was pained about the situation in the North East region of the country where citizens had become refugees in their country due to the inability of the government to tame Boko Haram.

He said, “Instead of telling you how he plans to secure the nation, our president was telling you they tried to kill him four years ago and we did not know. That is a serious national security issue because nobody wants our Commander-in-Chief dead. If anybody tries to kill him, we should have known. And if I was Commander-in-Chief, and the person who tries to kill me is in a South African jail, I will ask that he should be repatriated to Nigeria to face punishment.”

Fashola accused President Jonathan of looking for sympathy to woo voters ahead of the presidential election.

Earlier, the heads of the transport unions present took turns to endorse the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Akinwunmi Ambode, who was present at the occasion along with his deputy, Mrs. Oluranti Adebule.

Ambode assured the transport workers of his commitment to further growth of the transport sector if elected into office.

Source: http://www.saharanewsonline.com/?p=2399

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Failed, Not His Generation – Fashola by temitemi1(m): 9:24am On Jan 14, 2015
Fashola is talking as if he will do better if by any chance become a president... Nonsense!!! GEJ continue ur goodd work jaree...
Re: Jonathan Failed, Not His Generation – Fashola by luvinhubby(m): 9:32am On Jan 14, 2015
Fashola should please tell us one (1) area where this generation of Nigeria political leaders that is 50 & above have excelled in Nigeria?
This is irrrespective of party, tribe or religion.
Re: Jonathan Failed, Not His Generation – Fashola by nakedwire(m): 9:36am On Jan 14, 2015
this man has foresight, i wish he was GMB's running mate...cos since GEJ and Christ Okotie i don't trust Phd holders and pastor...its still GMB all the way
Re: Jonathan Failed, Not His Generation – Fashola by mogentle(m): 9:39am On Jan 14, 2015
Fashola is right. That GEJ failed does not mean others failed. They call that "Fallacy of hasty generalization".
Re: Jonathan Failed, Not His Generation – Fashola by theV0ice: 9:47am On Jan 14, 2015
He said, “Instead of telling you how he plans to secure the nation, our president was telling you they tried to kill him four years ago and we did not know. That is a serious national security issue because nobody wants our Commander-in-Chief dead. If anybody tries to kill him, we should have known. And if I was Commander-in-Chief, and the person who tries to kill me is in a South African jail, I will ask that he should be repatriated to Nigeria to face punishment.”

Can you imagine?? somebody tried to kill him, the C-IN-C, and he kept quiet? did the security agencies know and refused to do anything about it? The man has no idea of the sensitivity and importance of his office and he's been there for 5 years. What other treasonable acts against the country has he kept quiet about in the last 5 years? He doesn't hold his own office in high regard. little wonder very few regard him

Anyway, he once said he doesn't want to be referred to as commander in chief at non military functions....i guess it includes times when he's at PDP campaign rallies...if they attack him there, there's no cause for alarm as they didn't attack the commander in chief
Re: Jonathan Failed, Not His Generation – Fashola by Baawaa(m): 10:09am On Jan 14, 2015
Truly,Jonathan is a failure,if others failed must you also fail

(1) (Reply)

How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged / Chek Out This Photo / Goodluck 2015: The Light Goes Dim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.