Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,680 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" (31921 Views)

Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets / Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters / Fashola Has Failed Not Fit As Minister Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by tosin2013: 10:12pm On Jan 14, 2015

[b] Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, Tuesday, publicly disagreed with President Goodluck Jonathan over the statement that his generation has failed Nigeria, saying "You (Jonathan) failed Nigeria because my generation did not fail this country."

According to Vanguard, President Jonathan made the statement last Thursday while addressing youth at the flag-off of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP campaign held at the Tafawa Balewa Square, TBS Lagos.

Fashola however reacted at the 2015, First Quarter of the Town Hall meeting with stakeholders in the transportation sector held in Agidingbi, Ikeja, which also had in attendance Governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC in Lagos State, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode and others.

President Jonathan and Gov Babatubde Fashola of Lagos The governor urged Jonathan to accept responsibility over his failure to address the challenges confronting the nation over the last six years of his administration rather than point accusing fingers to past leaders, "late President Musa Yar 'Adua's short tenure was better than that of this administration."

Fashola said; "He (Jonathan) said his generation has failed, he should account for himself because I refuse to join the generation the President was referring to.

According to him, "He is in his 50s, I am also in my 50s, and we appear to be, because I don't even want to join that generation because my own generation has not failed, I have done well on my job and I am proud to say so. If he has failed, let him account for himself, he should not join us".

Seven years ago, they started with Vision 2020 but later they said that they are transforming. And all these have yielded no result. And that was why they have stopped working.

On Boko Haram He lamented that the situation in the North-East region of the country was pathetic because citizens have become refugees in their father land due to the inability of the present administration to tame the Boko Haram insurgency. “And rather than the President using the recent campaign in Lagos to gain the support of the citizens the president was busy telling you they tried to kill him four years ago and we did not know. That is a serious national security issue because nobody wants our Commander in Chief dead. If anybody tries to kill him, we should have known. And if I was Commander in Chief, and the person who tries to kill me is in a South African jail, I will ask that he should be repatriated to Nigeria to come and face punishment. “

He (Jonathan) also claimed that General Muhammadu Buhari (retd) didn’t buy arms in 1985. And after Buhari left office, the Nigeria army got recognition for their role in protecting West Africa and was the guns bought 30 years ago be effective to fight today’s insurgency.” Fashola added that President Jonathan made the statements to gain the sympathy of the electorate and woo them ahead of the presidential election. He said: “In 2011, it was no shoes, now he is saying they tried to kill him, it won’t work this time. This time it is the job record, the promise that you must look at”.
[/b]

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/fashola-jonathan-not-generation-failed-2/#sthash.93fKltVv.dpuf

98 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by tosin2013: 10:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
jona start packing your bags, and buy train ticket to otuoke straight! grin grin grin grin grin grin

252 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by collinsoft(m): 10:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
Nigerians now want to see issue based campaign. We are tired of campaign of calumny. Simple tell Nigerians what the other government did not do right that your own government hope to rewrite.
The issue should be about highlighting the blue prints on how u are going to create jobs, improve security of live and property, power generation and it's stability, roads, infrastructural development, health care etc.
Nigerians deserve better from bad governance of its people. Let's shun violence and develop this country together

74 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by BokoHaramm: 10:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
Fashola, always trying to sell his broke soul to Buhari

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
Just before Fashola becomes boastful about his records he should take a drive around Lagos

Lagos is not yet New York

While we still have poor people who can not afford to eat 3 square meals, while we still have people in Ikeja who can not afford to eat at any joint in VI then we must be level headed about our records. There is still a lot of work to be done!

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
Straight to otuoke

115 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by phemmie06(m): 10:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
why Oga Jona pass his boundary this time. He crucified him self

78 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
It is well

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by braine(m): 11:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
tosin2013:
jona start packing your bags, and buy boat ticket to otuoke straight! grin grin grin grin grin grin

JonaTAN is a goner! cheesy

67 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by BWGISTdotCOM: 11:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ahaaa your President

OMG!!! Apostle Johnson Suleman Powerful Prophecies For 2015 have being coming to Reality>> http://www.bwgist.com/2015/01/apostle-johnson-sulieman-releases.html
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 11:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
OTUOKE YA!! ILE YA ODUN IMALE grin

Photos and video from Bauchi State Governor son's wedding
http:///7a8

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by iiichidodo: 11:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
Fashola shut up and own up that his generation..the generation that ate quaker oats for breakfast,assorted swallow for lunch and continental dishes for supper in their University cafeteria free of charge....The generations that had whitemen,indianmen,chinamen for lecturers...the generations that had jobs, in most cases, two jobs even before they've written their final papers...let us not mention the ease of traveling without visas and our monetary exchange rate.....Yes where are all of these now to consolidate and pass down the future generations?? but swept off by the corrupt practices of Fashola,Thieffnubu and Almajiri Buhari's generation..

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
OPC propoganda

lies everywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by psychologist(m): 11:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
when i grow up, i want to be like fashola...
bt i swear i aint gonna smoke those things he is smoking undecided undecided undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by klem93(m): 11:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
ooooooooooooo not again jor
Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by superior1: 11:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
No doubt, Jona is a failure

GMB 2015

22 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Kororugged: 11:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
OTueke here we come......

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Dannyset(m): 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
I was there live today and I heard a new name for Mr Otueke. Tinubu called him "MR EXCUSE" and I was like, wow! This is really befitting to dis man. And I didn't think of it since. Tinubu beat me to this.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by manny4life(m): 11:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
Fashola talks too much nowadays, at every slightest opportunity, he attacks the president. GEJ started all this, now everyone insults him. If it were in some places in Africa, the story would have been different.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by 9jvirgin(m): 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
Fashola.....chai!!! Diaris God oooo grin. You just killed this man. Bayelsa loading..............

41 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by mrofficial(m): 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
Hahaha. He murdered the fisherman. cheesy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
Chai chaii chaiii, jona don suffer.

13 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by mirexxx(f): 11:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
fashola be running his maut lyk tap...go fight boko boys na... na 2 Sidon 4 one side dey blab nonsense

#peace#dont quote me kiss

13 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by bobjay40: 11:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
Jonah why shocked,u 4 don stick to d "i ve no shoe"..fashola as giving u a straight ans... grin grin grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
mikeansy:
Just before Fashola becomes boastful about his records he should take a drive around Lagos

While we still have poor people who can not afford to eat 3 square meals, while we still have people in Ikeja who can not afford to eat at any joint in VI then we must be level headed about our records. There is still a lot of work to be done!
Lagos can't become newyork under 8yrs dumbo.......just b reasonable n in all righteousness acpt jona did Nothn for naija compared to fashola for lag

82 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by 9jvirgin(m): 11:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
Fashola talks too much nowadays, at every slightest opportunity, he attacks the president. GEJ started all this, now everyone insults him. ]If it were in some places in Africa, the story would have been different.

That is why this is Nigeria, and if it was some places in Asia, your pay masters would have gotten life imprisonment for bRazen corruption and stoopidity.

17 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by expert1000: 11:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
Anybody can nw open his mouth 2talk 2jonathan anyhw.he caused it sha

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Brimmie(m): 11:56pm On Jan 14, 2015
I enjoyed the campaign!! cheesy Wasiu killed it with his Songs! grin Jona lo le o, ile lo lo tarara! Jonathan re Otueke o.. ile lo lo tarara!

Jagaban was fvcking energetic! Now I know where Aregbe got his "Rascality" from.

Lol.. That Igboman that said APC will rule Lagos for 150years is fvcking black!

If APC no win Lagos, make I turn fufu! grin grin

Sai Buhari!!!

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by haryomikun(m): 11:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
mikeansy:

Yeah. But please just tell me ONE present nigerian governor who changed his state more than fashola. No offense but am not sure you live in lagos during d days of tinubu. Odawise, u'll know fashola has done better dan many oda governors

72 Likes

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by alaoeri: 11:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
GEJ has admitted he is a failure much more reason why we should send him back to Otuoke meanwhile SAI BUHARI.
GMB/PYO 2015.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Yungmilio2(m): 11:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
mikeansy:

Poor people self dey for 4 Dubai - so kini big deal?
Can you compare the Lagos of now with the Lagos of 2001¿

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" by Sarhamsyn(m): 11:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
Oya, GEJ beg BRF make d mata end here grin

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis / States With Highest Number Of Indigenous Prostitutes/ Whores (pixs) / Femi Adesina Wishes 'Wailing Wailers' Merry Christmas, Gets Blasted For It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.