Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men (2566 Views)

10 Things Cheating Men Have In Common / Cheating Men! / Signs Of Cheating Men: Behavioral Changes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by OgaMadam(f): 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2008
What do you guys think,

Do you think men will want to have 2 or more women anyways, whether it is through
honesty (i.e. polygamy) or through dishonesty (i.e. adultery)

Do you think its better they be polygamous cause then even diseases can be reduced
etc.

Hey, am a woman and i hate the very idea of my husband cheating on me, but if
it was agreed, i would be better off than him doing it behind my back - i.e. adultery.

guys on this forum tell me your thoughts  (and girls too)
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by Tbag5: 9:11pm On Dec 18, 2008
@ Post.

Polygamy can never be a cure to cheating.
If a man has 50 wives at home. . . . .the likely hood to commit infedility will still be high if not higher sef.

@ Oga Madam.
How u doing?. . . .its bn a while.
Na me be ur Nairaland son back then . . . . .Silly. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by Seun(m): 9:16pm On Dec 18, 2008
Castration. A cure to childlessness.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by ndumart: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2008
Polygamy or Adultery or Bigamy or anything. Man wey go cheat go cheat
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by bluespice(f): 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2008
a decision by the person
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by OgaMadam(f): 9:46pm On Dec 18, 2008
@T Bag

I am fine O. How are you my son? y did you change your name?
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by Tbag5: 11:13pm On Dec 18, 2008
OgaMadam:

@T Bag

I am fine O. How are you my son? y did you change your name?

Nothing oo. . . . .my ID just depicts my mood.
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by OgaMadam(f): 11:19pm On Dec 18, 2008
Your ID just depicts your mood,

my son please, you are full of problems -

how many other identities do you have here?
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 18, 2008
Oga Madam, ta ni yin? undecided
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by OgaMadam(f): 11:24pm On Dec 18, 2008
Ebony Silk, believe it or not, i no be naijan.

i no understand what you dey say.

ah beg, make you translate now.
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 18, 2008
Your previous USERID?
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by OgaMadam(f): 11:31pm On Dec 18, 2008
never had no previous user ID since i been here.

always OGAMADAM
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by Moves: 11:38pm On Dec 18, 2008
When did Cheating become a disease that needs cure and when did it become a preserved solely for MEN
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by Tbag5: 11:45pm On Dec 18, 2008
@ OgaMadam. . .

No mind me jare. . .Na 1 fine girl give me the viral infection. . . .
Her name starts with an E and ends with consonant. grin

@ Ebony.

Ogamadam is my Nairaland mum oooo. . .she was there for moi when I joined Nairaland newly.
Berra kun le fun iya oko eeee wink
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by JJYOU: 11:50pm On Dec 18, 2008
2 ugly evil. what do you say to the women involved?
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by OgaMadam(f): 12:02am On Dec 19, 2008
its not even as if women have a choice, men cheat anyways.
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 19, 2008
T_bag:

@ OgaMadam. . .

No mind me jareNa 1 fine girl give me the viral infection. . . .
Her name starts with an E and ends with consonant. grin

@ Ebony.

Ogamadam is my Nairaland mum ooooshe was there for moi when I joined Nairaland newly.
Berra kun le fun iya oko eeee wink
lmao. . . .you lucky I missed you die, I'd have knocked you out tongue
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by JJYOU: 12:04am On Dec 19, 2008
OgaMadam:

its not even as if women have a choice, men cheat anyways.
point is they cheat with women who are as bad as them. most women have a choice
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by OgaMadam(f): 12:10am On Dec 19, 2008
Ebony and Tbag translate
Berra kun le fun iya oko eeee

JJYOU you mean the Other Woman,
my post focuses more on the men as they are the ones who bring a 3rd person in their bed and also are the ones who made
the vow, i want to focus on the one who jumps fences if that helps.
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by Tbag5: 12:13am On Dec 19, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

lmao. . . .you lucky I missed you die, I'd have knocked you out tongue

I dont mind you knocking me out. . . .as long as its the kind of knock out I love. . .  tongue

Abi naw. . . .the "dinner" kind of knock-out.

@ OgaMadam
It means u berra kneel down (greet, pay homage) to your step mum
Never knew u aint 9ja all this while
What's u nationality. . . . .just curious tongue
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by OgaMadam(f): 12:18am On Dec 19, 2008
ehenh now.

am not nigerian.

i cant say my nationality all my nigerian friends will IMMEDIATELY know my ID
and for that i would hate to happen.
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 19, 2008
OgaMadam:

ehenh now.

am not nigerian.

i can't say my nationality all my nigerian friends will IMMEDIATELY know my ID
and for that i would hate to happen.
So you had a previous ID. . . .

@T
T_bag:

I don't mind you knocking me out. . . .as long as its the kind of knock out I love. . . tongue

Abi naw. . . .the "dinner" kind of knock-out.
Lol, you're crazy tongue
You know, if I could, I wouldn't hesitate to give you a "diner" knock out, sweetie kiss kiss
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by OgaMadam(f): 12:30am On Dec 19, 2008
i didnt want to reveal my ID or Identity.

who i am.

i have only one alias on this Nairaland ok?
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 19, 2008
Ok, dittos
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by JJYOU: 4:31am On Dec 20, 2008
OgaMadam:

Ebony and Tbag translate
Berra kun le fun iya oko eeee

JJYOU you mean the Other Woman,
my post focuses more on the men as they are the ones who bring a 3rd person in their bed and also are the ones who made
the vow, i want to focus on the one who jumps fences if that helps.

in my opinion the nigerian woman is as bad as the nigerian man in pushing their ugly head into relationships they know some other woman is settled down already with kids
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by franel79(m): 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2012
Na wah oh. Married couples should settle their mess oh, I can't agree on something they won't adhere to.
Re: Polygamy Vs Adultery: A Cure To Cheating Men by lateef1000: 11:50am On Sep 05, 2014
Agony of monogamy. It was at the Church service for the 90th birthday of the legendary Matriarch of the Awo dynasty Chief Dr Hannah Dideolu Awolowo in Ikenne that the thoughts that prompted this article began. Some well known highly placed gentlemen and their wives were called upon to partake in the wine sipping, bread breaking ritual called Holy Communion. As soon as these respectable ladies and gentlemen, all of them past age 70, and amongst whom were renowned professors, high court judges, legal luminaries and business moguls, finished their spiritual blessing and were returning to their seats, they caught a pitiable sight in their over-flowing garb of hypocrisy.
They wore forlorn mien plastered with furrowed frowned faces like some one afflicted with putrid smell of heavy dose of fart. They looked as if they were mourning a three-year-old boy mistakenly killed by his own father, or the passing of a poor woman who has just succumbed to excruciatingly painful cancer.
They clung to their wives as if they were newly wedded. I temporarily forgot that I was in a holy Church, the spiritual enclave of Christians. I almost laughed my head off because I knew each of the ‘holy’ ‘monogamous’ men intimately and by Jove, I knew of their second, third or fourth wives/liaisons/mistresses with whom they had sired several children. To the whole world they were champions of monogamy, but to their hearts and conscience they were celebrated polygamists, or at best, serial monogamists. Pshaw!
I saw pain written all over them, the agony of living a lie, the unease of hypocrisy, and the shame of going through life pretending to be what you are not.

This is the sort of agony a lot of the so-called monogamists go through all their lives. The series of lies they sell to their wives, and the double life they present to their pastors and church leaders, most of whom are actually equally guilty of hypocrisy and double life living.
This piece is not set out to condemn or criticise monogamy. Monogamy is perfect for those who believe in its concept and can genuinely keep to it. I too have been married to one lovely woman for almost 45 years and it has been like a marriage made in heaven. I happen also to be the promoter along with some friends the 35-year-old Family Club of Nigeria which is dedicated to the upliftment and celebration of marriage and family values.
The article is designed to expose the hypocrisy and pain associated with embracing false notions which are really not observed by any culture in the world, and to advise those who erroneously sentence themselves to a life of sadness and emptiness because they were deceived to believe that there is some utopia somewhere called monogamy.
I am very much aware that this article will generate a lot of controversy most especially from those who live holier-than-thou life and have continued to deceive the world that they are upholders of a doctrine that is not supported by true and enlightened interpretation of any religious doctrine.
The white men, I am yet to see any human being whose skin colour is like that of chalk, came and told the unfortunate lands they invaded that the cherished cultures, traditions and religions of such lands were rubbish, and instead indoctrinated them with values which they themselves never believed in or truly practiced. We know of King Henry Vlll, and several major historical figures in ‘Christian’ Europe who had more than one wife in addition of a string of wives who their ‘laws’ forbade them to address as wives but who nonetheless perform all the functions of wife minus name.
God bless President Mitterrand who openly confessed to having two women in his life, with the one in the other house with whom he fathered an 18-year-old daughter at the time he passed on.
I have schooled, worked and lived virtually in all the continents of the world and I make bold to say with all emphasis at my disposal that no culture on planet earth truly practices monogamy. My Greek, Italian, Russian, British, American and other Caucasians routinely visit their other wives [called by other names] with whom they have children. But back in the homes shared with the one carrying the ring, they are monogamists!
If God had wanted humanity to be monogamous He or She would not have made the pigeon the only monogamous creature.
The cultures that practice polygamy had always known that at any given time, the number of available marriageable women far out number available men plus the fact that an 80-year-old man, if he has money, is still very much in the market whereas a 60-year-old woman may not be that lucky. The biological limitation to a woman’s productive age is also a factor. Why should a woman therefore remain on the shelf till age 45 when she could jolly well get married as second or sixth wife to a man who can afford to share life’s responsibilities with her? Why should a woman leave a man with whom she is No 1, simply because took a second wife and end up being numberless in the hands of several men with whom she naturally shares bed just because of some doctrine she hardly understands?
All the women who should go and marry but are saying they do not want to share their man with another woman in a polygamous setting, are sharing current boyfriends with several other women. Where is the logic?
The argument that children in a polygamous house are always at each other’s throat does not hold water. Many siblings of monogamous families are known to have had worse and irresolvable, irreconcilable squabble, with dirty bitterness over inheritance than children from different mothers.
The agony suffered by both men and women in the hand of unnatural laws and doctrines is too stifling for comfort. In 2002, five hundred and two Reverend mothers were reported to have died while procuring abortion in Rome. Nigerian Tribune wrote an editorial on the unfortunate incident. And stories of Reverend fathers having children and sodomising young men in their care are legion! Why the hypocrisy? Why should the world continue to live the life of Ostrich?
A well known Nigerian journalist hid his other wives from his wife because his religion would not permit of it and his wife, living in monogamy should not hear of it. At his funeral 9 Funeral Service programmes by his 9 wives surfaced and the woman parading the ring collapsed. It was the grace of God that prevented double interment that day!
The Western world which had not learnt the art of living amicably with more than one partner under the same roof has indulged in multiple serial marriages, divorcing innocent wives under flimsy excuses so that another woman can move in should not be measure of standard for the world. Thank God Mrs Hillary Clinton in the US and Mrs Cook in England were very much wiser. They refused to allow some indiscretion on the part of their husbands to ruin their marriages.
There was a well known American actor who passed on about a decade ago and all his 11 ex-wives with their numerous children attended his funeral. To ridicule the lie of their hypocritical existence, all the women were recognised and addressed as wives. As far as records show, the man had 11 wives!
Society must rethink this issue of pretentious monogamy vis-à-vis polygamy so that in the not-too-distant future we do not end up with millions of unmarried women whose life style would be worse than prostitutes’ and millions of children whose fathers would be nowhere to be found.Agony of monogamy. It was at the Church service for the 90th birthday of the legendary Matriarch of the Awo dynasty Chief Dr Hannah Dideolu Awolowo in Ikenne that the thoughts that prompted this article began. Some well known highly placed gentlemen and their wives were called upon to partake in the wine sipping, bread breaking ritual called Holy Communion. As soon as these respectable ladies and gentlemen, all of them past age 70, and amongst whom were renowned professors, high court judges, legal luminaries and business moguls, finished their spiritual blessing and were returning to their seats, they caught a pitiable sight in their over-flowing garb of hypocrisy.
They wore forlorn mien plastered with furrowed frowned faces like some one afflicted with putrid smell of heavy dose of fart. They looked as if they were mourning a three-year-old boy mistakenly killed by his own father, or the passing of a poor woman who has just succumbed to excruciatingly painful cancer.
They clung to their wives as if they were newly wedded. I temporarily forgot that I was in a holy Church, the spiritual enclave of Christians. I almost laughed my head off because I knew each of the ‘holy’ ‘monogamous’ men intimately and by Jove, I knew of their second, third or fourth wives/liaisons/mistresses with whom they had sired several children. To the whole world they were champions of monogamy, but to their hearts and conscience they were celebrated polygamists, or at best, serial monogamists. Pshaw!
I saw pain written all over them, the agony of living a lie, the unease of hypocrisy, and the shame of going through life pretending to be what you are not.

This is the sort of agony a lot of the so-called monogamists go through all their lives. The series of lies they sell to their wives, and the double life they present to their pastors and church leaders, most of whom are actually equally guilty of hypocrisy and double life living.
This piece is not set out to condemn or criticise monogamy. Monogamy is perfect for those who believe in its concept and can genuinely keep to it. I too have been married to one lovely woman for almost 45 years and it has been like a marriage made in heaven. I happen also to be the promoter along with some friends the 35-year-old Family Club of Nigeria which is dedicated to the upliftment and celebration of marriage and family values.
The article is designed to expose the hypocrisy and pain associated with embracing false notions which are really not observed by any culture in the world, and to advise those who erroneously sentence themselves to a life of sadness and emptiness because they were deceived to believe that there is some utopia somewhere called monogamy.
I am very much aware that this article will generate a lot of controversy most especially from those who live holier-than-thou life and have continued to deceive the world that they are upholders of a doctrine that is not supported by true and enlightened interpretation of any religious doctrine.
The white men, I am yet to see any human being whose skin colour is like that of chalk, came and told the unfortunate lands they invaded that the cherished cultures, traditions and religions of such lands were rubbish, and instead indoctrinated them with values which they themselves never believed in or truly practiced. We know of King Henry Vlll, and several major historical figures in ‘Christian’ Europe who had more than one wife in addition of a string of wives who their ‘laws’ forbade them to address as wives but who nonetheless perform all the functions of wife minus name.
God bless President Mitterrand who openly confessed to having two women in his life, with the one in the other house with whom he fathered an 18-year-old daughter at the time he passed on.
I have schooled, worked and lived virtually in all the continents of the world and I make bold to say with all emphasis at my disposal that no culture on planet earth truly practices monogamy. My Greek, Italian, Russian, British, American and other Caucasians routinely visit their other wives [called by other names] with whom they have children. But back in the homes shared with the one carrying the ring, they are monogamists!
If God had wanted humanity to be monogamous He or She would not have made the pigeon the only monogamous creature.
The cultures that practice polygamy had always known that at any given time, the number of available marriageable women far out number available men plus the fact that an 80-year-old man, if he has money, is still very much in the market whereas a 60-year-old woman may not be that lucky. The biological limitation to a woman’s productive age is also a factor. Why should a woman therefore remain on the shelf till age 45 when she could jolly well get married as second or sixth wife to a man who can afford to share life’s responsibilities with her? Why should a woman leave a man with whom she is No 1, simply because took a second wife and end up being numberless in the hands of several men with whom she naturally shares bed just because of some doctrine she hardly understands?
All the women who should go and marry but are saying they do not want to share their man with another woman in a polygamous setting, are sharing current boyfriends with several other women. Where is the logic?
The argument that children in a polygamous house are always at each other’s throat does not hold water. Many siblings of monogamous families are known to have had worse and irresolvable, irreconcilable squabble, with dirty bitterness over inheritance than children from different mothers.
The agony suffered by both men and women in the hand of unnatural laws and doctrines is too stifling for comfort. In 2002, five hundred and two Reverend mothers were reported to have died while procuring abortion in Rome. Nigerian Tribune wrote an editorial on the unfortunate incident. And stories of Reverend fathers having children and sodomising young men in their care are legion! Why the hypocrisy? Why should the world continue to live the life of Ostrich?
A well known Nigerian journalist hid his other wives from his wife because his religion would not permit of it and his wife, living in monogamy should not hear of it. At his funeral 9 Funeral Service programmes by his 9 wives surfaced and the woman parading the ring collapsed. It was the grace of God that prevented double interment that day!
The Western world which had not learnt the art of living amicably with more than one partner under the same roof has indulged in multiple serial marriages, divorcing innocent wives under flimsy excuses so that another woman can move in should not be measure of standard for the world. Thank God Mrs Hillary Clinton in the US and Mrs Cook in England were very much wiser. They refused to allow some indiscretion on the part of their husbands to ruin their marriages.
There was a well known American actor who passed on about a decade ago and all his 11 ex-wives with their numerous children attended his funeral. To ridicule the lie of their hypocritical existence, all the women were recognised and addressed as wives. As far as records show, the man had 11 wives!
Society must rethink this issue of pretentious monogamy vis-à-vis polygamy so that in the not-too-distant future we do not end up with millions of unmarried wom
en whose life style would be worse than prostitutes’ and millions of children whose fathers would be nowhere to be found.
posted by: Tola Adeniyi

(1) (Reply)

Will You Accept Your Ex After He Gets Married To Another Girl? / Are You Really Becky? / Housing And Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.