Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,936 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) (48994 Views)

Nigerian Woman Who Many Called Barren Gives Birth At 40 Years Old (photos) / Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) / The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
Igbo girls be like" Nna mehn @ this age this woman still dey collect Mgbafuga" odikwa risky
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by delman88(m): 3:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
MissSlimbody:

We used to be Under the same Association.

...Was in ur church last month 4 Bro. Seyi's wedding.

HMMM.... Really?? was in the office that day so i couldnt attend.... what church are u in
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
And she is beautiful
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by omoodeogere(m): 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
justwise:
Gave birth at 60? Selfishness, she will not have enough energy and time to bring up that child, the poor child will end up being her carer.
U BE GOD?

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Ilekeh(f): 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
Lol this kid got 3 of my names grin
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by That2: 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
MizMyColi:
This is God, this is just God, God the creator and giver of all life.

I pray, for everyone who seek the fruit of the womb, for everyone who consider themselves late comers and late bloomers.

This is Your Year. Your Moment of Glory. Amazing Blazing Glory Will Surely Locate You.

Amen.
smiley
Yea right! For 17 years god just remembered he has superpowers? what was he doing these past years?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by justwise(m): 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
omoodeogere:
U BE GOD?

To you yes.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by MissSlimbody(f): 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
Firefire:

You people are the new generation of BSF? smiley

You people should please maintain the 'Acient Landmark'

Igbagbo awon baba wa.

God bless you.

Cheers!

I really don't attend BSF programmes like before.

And I experienced a little of the old generation BSF.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
teufelein:
This is just a normal natural Process...leave God out of it!

Pregnancy over age 50 has, over recent years, become more possible for women, due to recent advances in assisted reproductive technology, in particular egg donation. Typically, a woman's fecundity ends with menopause, which by definition is 12 consecutive months without having had any menstrual flow at all. During perimenopause, the menstrual cycle and the periods become irregular and eventually stop altogether, but even when periods are still regular, the egg quality of women in their forties is typically dramatically lower than in younger women, making the likelihood of conceiving a healthy baby also dramatically lower, particularly after age 42.[1] Men, in contrast, generally remain fertile throughout their lives,[2] although the risk of genetic defects is greatly increased due to the paternal age effect. Other sources claim that men might experience a decline in fertility starting in their late 30s.[3]

In the United States, between 1997 and 1999, 539 births were reported among mothers over age 50, with 194 being over 55.[4] According to statistics from the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority, in the UK more than 20 babies are born to women over age 50 per year through in-vitro fertilization with the use of donor oocytes (eggs).[5]

Maria del Carmen Bousada de Lara is the oldest verified mother; she was aged 66 years 358 days when she gave birth to twins; she was 130 days older than Adriana Iliescu, who gave birth in 2005 to a baby girl. The children were conceived through IVF with donor eggs.[6] The oldest verified mother to conceive naturally (listed currently in the Guinness Records[7]) is Dawn Brooke (UK); she conceived a son at the age of 59 years in 1997 while taking oestrogen

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnancy_over_age_50
did you just say "leave God out of this"? It's a pity you don't know that every good gift is frm God wether common or uncommon, maybe u shuld also tell God to leave you alone when you sleep, let's see who will wake u up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by MissSlimbody(f): 3:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
delman88:

HMMM.... Really?? was in the office that day so i couldnt attend.... what church are u in

Victory B.C
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by holuwaabukunmee(f): 3:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
Am serving;
God of possibility
Miracle working God
Awesome nd wonderful God.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by kosiobabiolorun: 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
Gloriagee:
Anything wrong with adoption, please? I'm just so tripped by people that adopt

there is nothing like your blood man

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
Haters will be here hating o...The woman won born her own o.Who I dey pain go drown yourself. grin
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Well i can't really be the judge of that. Its their first child so i think they should at least experience such joy and priviledge before leaving this world. dnt you think? Its what almost every couple look forward to in their lifetime. If it happens just once, then fine.

You don't have to be the judge, I am asking for your opinion. wink kiss

@bold

Not at the cost of the kids. wink
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
TV01:

Some

Some or most? Was there something like the average life expectancy?

And how is it your place to pose or answer that question?
You don't question willful single parenthood, or homosexual parenthood, both of which deny a child the presence of one of it's biological parents.

TV

I can pose and answer whichever question I want, it's the world wide web, it's a quite free sphere, you know? wink

And I do question willful single parenthood, even homos*exual parenthood. I am fan of freedom, not of anarchy.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 14, 2015
I don't like being a meanie, but 60 is too old to be birthing babies. Imo it's irresponsible, but I'll not detail my personal objections as this has nothing to do with me and my skepticism.

Congrats to her as it's what she prayed for. I don't doubt they will somehow summon the strength to give this child a good life, for as long as they both shall live...
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by shegzy23: 3:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
how is talking about adoption here? some people don't believe in God
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by delman88(m): 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2015
MissSlimbody:

Victory B.C

ajegunle right?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by MissSlimbody(f): 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
delman88:

ajegunle right?
yeah
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by natila: 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
A woman at 60 cannot conceive let alone give birth unaided. The couple should at least give some credence to medicine.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by comfortergirl(f): 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
Who did dis?JESUS.......oh my God.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
carefreewannabe:

You don't have to be the judge, I am asking for your opinion. wink kiss

@bold

Not at the cost of the kids. wink

What cost is involved?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sophyrocks:

What cost is involved?

How capable of parenting is a 60-year-old? How healthy is she? How fit? Can she meet the child's needs?

How long will she be alive? Is it likely that she will leave back an orphan soon or too early? How long will the child have his / her parents?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by fountainsLtd: 4:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
God is sweet and faithful...I love you Lord
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by TV01(m): 4:11pm On Jan 14, 2015
carefreewannabe:
Some or most? Was there something like the average life expectancy?
No, not in the sense you appear to be thinking.

Adam was created for immortality. The entrance of sin and hence corruption gave rise to death. Life expectancy was in the high hundreds at that point - reducing over time - but by antidiluvian (post flood) times, life expectancy was pretty much what we'd consider within normal range now, if a little higher

Imagine humans with perfect genomes/DNA, in a perfectly balanced world. Huge, mad healthy...Do you not claim "Christian"? Have you not studied the scriptures??

carefreewannabe:
I can pose and answer whichever question I want, it's the world wide web, it's a quite free sphere, you know? wink
Not in that sense, in an ideological one. I am not totalitarian, not evewn prescriptive grin! Equality, freedom, responsibility - remember?

carefreewannabe:

And I do question willful single parenthood, even homos*exual parenthood. I am fan of freedom, not of anarchy.
So you need to square your ideology as equality supposedly demands that non-traditional family types have the right to "anarchy" as you term it.

TV

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Wendy80(f): 4:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
carefreewannabe:

How capable of parenting is a 60-year-old? How healthy is she? How fit? Can she meet the child's needs?

How long will she be alive? Is it likely that she will leave back an orphan soon or too early? How long will the child have his / her parents?

Leave that for God to decide.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
carefreewannabe:

You have raised important concerns but its not something we can determine since we do not know this couple. Mothers in law probably of the same age group that are invited to support their daughters after childbirth is a sign that she could be capable of caring for her own child. Lets just hope they live long enough for the child to reach adulthood. Adulthood starts from 18 years. The con involved here is that they wont be alive to see their grand children and witness other important stages of their child's life. Extended family members from the couple are there to support hopefully.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by ceo003: 4:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
[quote author=lalasticlala post=29782479][/quote]
grin ITS A VERY BIG LIE ITS NOT POSSIBLE FOR A 60YRS OLD WOMAN TO GIVE BIRTH WHEN SHES ALREADY IN MENOPAUSE .
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
eleko1:
undecided sad undecidedOne abnormal soul. undecided :undecided-\ U need deliverance of good horse whip to reset U back to normal

Ok. You have been noticed. Now scurry out of here dummy
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Harmvirus(f): 4:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
Wow! God is indeed wonderful
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Godspearl(f): 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
undecidedAnd our WMU president no gist us..i just read it here.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by DollyParton1(f): 4:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
chimchim1:
I am sure it was IVF they did.
no arguments about that. But what I don't like is when these people don't give the details of their testimonies.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) / Kids Drinking Dry Gin In Lagos (Photo) / Would You Place This Bottled Water Sofa In Your Living Room?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.