Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) (49038 Views)

Nigerian Woman Who Many Called Barren Gives Birth At 40 Years Old (photos) / Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) / The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by TV01(m): 1:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
carefreewannabe:

No, I don't like the way how you do it and that you neglect the age of men as a risk factor.
A few posts before this you reminded me of the unrestrictive freedom of the WWW. You had every chance to rebut my opinions and present compelling ones of your own.

carefreewannabe:
Moreover, a woman having a child in her 40s is at risk but there is a difference between a woman in her 30s or 40s and a woman in her 60s. The latter has much higher risks and more of them.
There are always risks - and not al of them are age related.
Why am I not allowed to highlight the risks for those between 25-40, and you are allowed to point out those for 50-60 year olds? If the technology - which you lauded - is available and the desire and physical capability are there?

carefreewannabe:
Regarding the topic with the freezing of eggs, my opinion regarding this topic, is more nuanced than it seemed but since the thread developed the way it did, I didn't feel like discussing it in a sensible way. It's a different topic though and not part of this thread. Besides, the discussion there ended very bad and I wouldn't like to go back there with YOU now, it's a new year. wink
This is something of a cop-out. Regardless of the tone, well evidenced and presented arguments are always appreciated and win the day.

carefreewannabe:
It's not just raising the child till 16 / 18. Everyone wants to have their parents for as long as possible. Losing one's parents at the age of 16 or 18 is very bitter. It is always bitter but I believe that 16 and 18-year-olds still need their parents. I lost my mum in my early 20s and it was terrible. I still feel that I need my mother. I am just fortunate to have a grandmother who is very close to me.
Condolences. I lost my dad relatively late by comparision. But you know what? I lacked some things I could have been given way before he died - and may not have even if he'd remained alive. It's not only how long, it's how much and how well.

carefreewannabe:
What do you mean by congress?
The beast with two backs grin

carefreewannabe:
Maybe it is. Maybe it's not. I am not speaking against this child. I just raised concerns, as Sophy nicely put it. I believe that it is not recommendable to have children SO late but I am not totally against it.
I doubt the person in question would reccomend it, neither would I. But Neither would I deny her the opportunity to cradle her own flesh and blood if at all possible. I am of the mind it's central to a womans purpose - even if individuals disagree or chose otherwise. Exceptions such as this should serve to focus us on what is best. And if God says yes?

I have never argued against women having children or having choice. I have only ever pointed out the imperatives and impacts. I truly rejoice for this lady.

In a sense and with hindsight, I married late. How would I feel if someone chose to deny me marriage on account of my age?

carefreewannabe:
I would not try to conceive my entire life. I would rather adopt.
Choice innit?

carefreewannabe:
If I conceived accidentally because I wouldn't use contraceptives due to the belief that I cannot get pregnant, I would base my decision on the circumstances I find myself in. Is there anyone who will take care of my kids when I fall ill or die? Do I have enough money to take care of the child? And will I be able to leave some money for the child after I die? How healthy am I to carry a pregnancy and deliver? I would ask myself such questions.
I do not assume the lady in question has not done any of this and more. Plus she has faith .

TV
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by cococandy(f): 1:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
Mmmmm. Oh well
Just one among myriads of my unanswered questions

All the same, thanks for giving your unreserved opinion
TV01:

...my pleasure m'lady.

Then I'd probably be physically teleporting between galaxies in a body even a gym-rat like me can only fantasise about. And probalby not driving some que-que German car angry!

A good one - as all hard ones are grin!

I can't say i've thought about it too much.Without researching further, I'm happy to say this much under advice; I believe the scripture suggests, that although Adam was created immortal, he was not yet "like God" or "God-like". I believe this was his ultimate destiny before sin. How that would have played out on reproduction, I can't say.

In terms of Adam doing what he did and us now being what we are - mere humans awaiting the full adoption and transformation of our bodies - the earth works, does it not? (did the mandate to go forth and multiply come before or after sin - or because of it?).

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by ajimega: 3:21pm On Jan 15, 2015
justwise:

You don't have to shout through your post.

Yes God can give her the strength to look after the child but no matter how strong you are..the older you get the weaker, its not about quoting bible verses.
i am sorry if you think i am shouting but your post got me I AM SORRY
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 15, 2015
TV01:

A few posts before this you reminded me of the unrestrictive freedom of the WWW. You had every chance to rebut my opinions and present compelling ones of your own.

Hello TV, hope you had a good day so far. smiley

No contradiction here. You are free to post what you want and how you want it. I don't have to like it. Sometimes I will, sometimes I won't.

Why am I not allowed to highlight the risks for those between 25-40, and you are allowed to point out those for 50-60 year olds? If the technology - which you lauded - is available and the desire and physical capability are there?
This is something of a cop-out. Regardless of the tone, well evidenced and presented arguments are always appreciated and win the day.

You are allowed to do it but then again, it's not only what you say but how you say it and WHY you say it. However, you are allowed to do express your concerns and opinions.

Condolences. I lost my dad relatively late by comparision. But you know what? I lacked some things I could have been given way before he died - and may not have even if he'd remained alive. It's not only how long, it's how much and how well.

My condolences too.

And I agree with you here.

The beast with two backs grin

Which is? smiley

I doubt the person in question would reccomend it, neither would I. But Neither would I deny her the opportunity to cradle her own flesh and blood if at all possible. I am of the mind it's central to a womans purpose - even if individuals disagree or chose otherwise. Exceptions such as this should serve to focus us on what is best. And if God says yes?

I wouldn't deny her this opportunity neither. Who am I to do so?

I have never argued against women having children or having choice. I have only ever pointed out the imperatives and impacts. I truly rejoice for this lady.

I am very happy to hear read it.

In a sense and with hindsight, I married late. How would I feel if someone chose to deny me marriage on account of my age?

And I am sure it has its advantages and disadvantages. wink

Choice innit?

Absolutely.

I do not assume the lady in question has not done any of this and more. Plus she has faith .

It is good to have faith. It has helped me in difficult life situations. wink
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by unibenstudent1(m): 6:09pm On Jan 15, 2015
MzzTega:
God is awesome!
his awesomeness started bfore Genesis.
where is ur church?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by kikelomojessy(f): 7:10pm On Jan 15, 2015
God will always put smiles on the ones that hold on to him. Am §Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ moved by dis. Story, and I still believe God word is yes and yes.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by mystiqueDZ(f): 3:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
Gloriagee:
Anything wrong with adoption, please? I'm just so tripped by people that adopt
my dear help me ask!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) / Kids Drinking Dry Gin In Lagos (Photo) / Is It Right For A Married Person To Have A Celebrity Crush?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.