Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) (49041 Views)

Nigerian Woman Who Many Called Barren Gives Birth At 40 Years Old (photos) / Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) / The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
TV01:

No, not in the sense you appear to be thinking.

Adam was created for immortality. The entrance of sin and hence corruption gave rise to death. Life expectancy was in the high hundreds at that point - reducing over time - but by antidiluvian (post flood) times, life expectancy was pretty much what we'd consider within normal range now, if a little higher
Imagine humans with perfect genomes/DNA, in a perfectly balanced world. Huge, mad healthy...Do you not claim "Christian"? Have you not studied the scriptures??

Was Sarah old at 80 at her time?

Not in that sense, in an ideological one. I am not totalitarian, not evewn prescriptive grin! Equality, freedom, responsibility - remember?

I am not sure I understand you correctly here, you need to write complete sentences.

So you need to square your ideology as equality supposedly demands that non-traditional family types have the right to "anarchy" as you term it.

TV

Wrong!

Elderly couples should be treated equally, meaning like young couples and should be free to have unprotected s*ex when they choose to, meaning that it should not be punishable by law but they also should act responsibly. I can see that they are equal under the law (apart from the age difference) and to procreate when they want to (it is not punishable under the law) but are they responsible having a child at this age?

That's just a question. I have my doubts, don't you?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
Wendy80:

Leave that for God to decide.

There is something called free will and there is a reason why God gave humans a brain and made them the superior species regarding intelligence and intellect. wink

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by xkris11(m): 4:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
What a testimony,This indeed his the Lord s doing,i cant imagine what the couple would have gone through,family pressure,environmental and household wickedness.

I bless the name of the Lord in their lives..I NAME THE BABY DESTINY.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by eleko1: 4:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
undecided Kiddo
lawanson44:

Ok. You have been noticed. Now scurry out of here dummy
undecided talk responsible/grow up
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sophyrocks:

You have raised important concerns but its not something we can determine since we do not know this couple. Mothers in law probably of the same age group that are invited to support their daughters after childbirth is a sign that she could be capable of caring for her own child. Lets just hope they live long enough for the child to reach adulthood. Adulthood starts from 18 years. The con involved here is that they wont be alive to see their grand children and witness other important stages of their child's life. Extended family members from the couple are there to support hopefully.

Since I don't know the couple, I have not said that it was utterly right or wrong. I have, like you said, just raised my concerns.

However, assisting a mother in the first weeks after delivery and raising a child are two different things.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
eleko1:
undecided Kiddo undecided talk responsible/grow up

Hey...stop stalking me you buharist terrorist
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by xkris11(m): 4:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
justwise:
Gave birth at 60? Selfishness, she will not have enough energy and time to bring up that child, the poor child will end up being her carer.

The Lord that did this will perfect it,atleast they now have an heir

Justwise,How are you?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Since I don't know the couple, I have not said that it was utterly right or wrong. I have, like you said, just raised my concerns.

However, assisting a mother in the first weeks after delivery and raising a child are two different things.

Is there supposed to be a difference between an older woman and a younger woman as regards caring for a child? O.k maybe the "youthful" vigor wont be there but it seems you have reservations towards an older woman caring for a child. Have you forgotten there are people who were raised by their grandparents due to one reason or the other? So whats the difference?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by TV01(m): 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Was Sarah old at 80 at her time?
Yes Carefreewannabe - and the Bible makes the unmistakeably clear; note it says 90 (Bible study 001 for you grin)

Genesis 17:17 Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, "Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?"

Genesis 18:11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old, well advanced in age; and Sarah had passed the age of childbearing. 12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, "After I have grown old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?"

carefreewannabe:
I am not sure I understand you correctly here, you need to write complete sentences.
Literature 001 for me wink!

carefreewannabe:
Wrong!
Right, it's bible not grammar cool

carefreewannabe:
Elderly couples should be treated equally, meaning like young couples and should be free to have unprotected s*ex when they choose to, meaning that it should not be punishable by law but they also should act responsibly. I can see that they are equal under the law (apart from the age difference) and to procreate when they want to (it is not punishable under the law) but are they responsible having a child at this age?

First, if they are equal under the law "apart form age", that is ageist and hence "discriminatory".
Secondly, my eyes are wide open wondering how you can consider sexual congress between 50 something year olds as old shocked

They are "responsible for the child, but not to be held responsile for having a child, in the same way there are no question marks against younger couples, why should there be against older ones.?

Young poor people, homeless, people, drug abusers etc. have children all the time - what sanctions do you suggest for them?

carefreewannabe:
That's just a question. I have my doubts, don't you?
Doubts about the viability, responsibility, morality, or scripturally?

If she can physically concieve, why not? If she can make provision and plan for any eventualities why not, if she is wedlocked, why not, it's clear from the bible.

Busybody grin.

TV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by ifyalways(f): 4:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
So many Baptists in the house, nice to know.
cool
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Is there supposed to be a difference between an older woman and a younger woman as regards caring for a child? O.k maybe the "youthful" vigor wont be there but it seems you have reservations towards an older woman caring for a child. Have you forgotten there are people who were raised by their grandparents due to one reason or the other? So whats the difference?

Yes, there OFTEN is a difference. A 60-year-old is usually not as fit as a younger woman in her 20s, 30s or even 40s.

You are right, some grandparents take care of their grandchildren but many of them are younger and it does happen when it is necessary.

Anyway, Sophy, I am not arguing against it, I am just having doubts that it is a sensible decision to have kids so late.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by remsonik(f): 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
Never knew this will be on nairaland...congrats mummy..my able convention Lydia director. I remember meeting her personally at the baptist building and also at the convention, you won't even know she's 60.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by remsonik(f): 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Yes, there OFTEN is a difference. A 60-year-old is usually not as fit as a younger woman in her 20s, 30s or even 40s.

You are right, some grandparents take care of their grandchildren but many of them are younger and it does happen when it is necessary.

Anyway, Sophy, I am not arguing against it, I am just having doubts that it is a sensible decision to have kids so late.
If you know her personally you won't cast doubts to her fitness. She appears fit than some 40 year old
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 14, 2015
TV01:

Yes Carefreewannabe - and the Bible makes the unmistakeably clear; note it says 90 (Bible study 001 for you grin)

Genesis 17:17 Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, "Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?"

Genesis 18:11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old, well advanced in age; and Sarah had passed the age of childbearing. 12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, "After I have grown old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?"

Thanks. smiley Always ready to learn something. cheesy

Literature 001 for me wink!

LOL grin grin grin

Right, it's bible not grammar cool

First, if they are equal under the law "apart form age", that is ageist and hence "discriminatory".
Secondly, my eyes are wide open wondering how you can consider sexual congress between 50 something year olds as old shocked

They are equal under the law despite the age difference but there is an age difference, a biological one.

They are "responsible for the child, but not to be held responsile for having a child, in the same way there are no question marks against younger couples, why should there be against older ones.?

I never said they should be held responsible for having a child. I just raised concerns because at this age there are risks involved, health issues and they are closer to death, naturally and these are the reasons why there should be question marks.

Young poor people, homeless, people, drug abusers etc. have children all the time - what sanctions do you suggest for them?

I don't want to suggest any sanctions, there already are sanctions against these groups of people in some countries. Kids are taken away from homeless people and drug addicts. And I would not even compare them to an elderly couple.

Doubts about the viability, responsibility, morality, or scripturally?

Viability and morality in the first place, which leads to the question whether it is responsible to have a child at this age.

If she can physically concieve, why not? If she can make provision and plan for any eventualities why not, if she is wedlocked, why not, it's clear from the bible.

Busybody grin.

TV

I would really like to know if the couple has made any provision and plan for any eventualities.

Personally, I wouldn't want to have kids at this age even if I could make sure that someone takes care of them when my health becomes critical or when I die and even if I were very rich. I would like to minimize the risk of leaving my own kids back with someone else, whoever that is.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
remsonik:

If you know her personally you won't cast doubts to her fitness. She appears fit than some 40 year old

You know her?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by remsonik(f): 4:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
carefreewannabe:

You know her?
Yes I know mummy alagbe well!!
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by semitunde: 5:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
[quote a uthor=Ilekeh post=29787500]60 years old?

Damn black don't crack.[/quote]

Morenike tongue
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Thebrightest(m): 5:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
Lilimax:
Yes. Hope you're not one of the doubting Thomas undecided Our God can do all things. He is Jehovah who can break and jump protocol smiley
Na everything god dey do? Every little thing god god god. Abeg make person hear word jare!
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by remsonik(f): 5:07pm On Jan 14, 2015
justwise:

No you respect my opinion, if you don't like it then move on to another post, the thread is here for us to comment on and i just did that.

Age is not on her side, you don't have child for family members to look after, the child needs the mother and father.
Please stop!!!
You don't know this woman!!
Only if you know her then she's better at being a mother than some 30 year old.
Moreover the child wouldn't suffer!!
If you can't be happy for her then shut up!!

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
So many bozos here! angry
I know the woman personally....she's a very agile person. All you shoutin old age this......medical that shud shut ur mouths and get a life!

In case u dont know, miracles happen....mtchewww!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by TV01(m): 5:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
carefreewannabe:
They are equal under the law despite the age difference but there is an age difference, a biological one.
So let me get this right; you don' t like the fact that I preach the typical natural limits for childbirth should be prescriptive for women - i.e. stick the the best natural window - but when someone manages to circumvents that you question it? So why champion egg-freezing as a good thing

carefreewannabe:
I never said they should be held responsible for having a child. I just raised concerns because at this age there are risks involved, health issues and they are closer to death, naturally and these are the reasons why there should be question marks.
There are always risks with childbirth/rearing - and being fully aware of this particular one, she is better able to make provision.

carefreewannabe:
I don't want to suggest any sanctions, there already are sanctions against these groups of people in some countries. Kids are taken away from homeless people and drug addicts. And I would not even compare them to an elderly couple.
And if she (they) prove incapable of raising the child, normal sanctions can apply.

carefreewannabe:
Viability and morality in the first place, which leads to the question whether it is responsible to have a child at this age.
The viability of concieving and delivering has been proven. So it's just the raising to 16/18. But what are your moral concerns? You are ok for them to have congress, but not children - which is the whole point of congress?

carefreewannabe:
I would really like to know if the couple has made any provision and plan for any eventualities.
I'm sure family, friends and the overrjoyed brethren who shares her testimony and have had their faith strengthened will step in. And wil God who did it not complete it? How do you know the child is not one "of promise", like Isaac was? Bible study - "the promise & the covenants"

carefreewannabe:
Personally, I wouldn't want to have kids at this age even if I could make sure that someone takes care of them when my health becomes critical or when I die and even if I were very rich. I would like to minimize the risk of leaving my own kids back with someone else, whoever that is.
And that is your personal preference - and you are wholly free to it.

Would you feel the same way if you'd tried for a child - unsuccesfully all your life and then finally beyond hope a child was concieved? Even if they were nottrying, but she took in, would abortion be a better option?

TV

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by justwise(m): 5:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
remsonik:

Please stop!!!
You don't know this woman!!
Only if you know her then she's better at being a mother than some 30 year old.
Moreover the child wouldn't suffer!!
If you can't be happy for her then shut up!!

Just get lost you useless thing.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by ajimega: 5:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
justwise:
Gave birth at 60? Selfishness, she will not have enough energy and time to bring up that child, the poor child will end up being her carer.
IF GOD GAVE HER AT SIXTY, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK HE CAN'T GIVE HER STRENGTH AND LONG LIFE TO CARE FOR THE CHILD AND STILL EAT THE FRUIT OF HER LABOUR EVEN THE FATHER. OUR GOD IS AWESOME HE NEVER SLEEP NOR SLUMBERS, HE IS THE GOD OF OLD HE HAS NOT CHANGE AND LASTLY HE IS THE ONLY CONSTANT SPIRIT.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by justwise(m): 5:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
xkris11:

The Lord that did this will perfect it,atleast they now have an heir

Justwise,How are you?

I'm good, yourself?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by remsonik(f): 5:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Just get lost you useless thing.
It is you who is more useless and not everything is suppose to appear sensible to you.

Peace!!
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by justwise(m): 5:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
ajimega:
IF GOD GAVE HER AT SIXTY, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK HE CAN'T GIVE HER STRENGTH AND LONG LIFE TO CARE FOR THE CHILD AND STILL EAT THE FRUIT OF HER LABOUR EVEN THE FATHER. OUR GOD IS AWESOME HE NEVER SLEEP NOR SLUMBERS, HE IS THE GOD OF OLD HE HAS NOT CHANGE AND LASTLY HE IS THE ONLY CONSTANT SPIRIT.

You don't have to shout through your post.

Yes God can give her the strength to look after the child but no matter how strong you are..the older you get the weaker, its not about quoting bible verses.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by 989900: 5:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
"The Lancet Medical Journal reported in 1887 the case of an English woman who had given birth, at the age of 62 years ½, to three boys, real triplets, her 11th, 12th, and 13th children with her husband".--wiki

"The oldest verified mother to conceive naturally (listed currently in the Guinness Records[7]) is Dawn Brooke (UK); she conceived a son at the age of 59 years in 1997 while taking oestrogen".--wiki
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by justwise(m): 5:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
remsonik:

It is you who is more useless and not everything is suppose to appear sensible to you.

Peace!!

That is true especially anything that comes out of your mouth
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by eleko1: 5:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
tongue
lawanson44:

Hey...stop stalking me you buharist terrorist
tongue tongue. Vote BUHARI FOR A BETTER NIG tongue smiley wink
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
TV01:

So let me get this right; you don; tlike the fact that I preach the typical natural limits for childbirth shoul dbe prescriptive for women - i.e. stick the the best natural window - but when someone manages to circumvents that you question it? So why champion egg-freezing as a good thing

No, I don't like the way how you do it and that you neglect the age of men as a risk factor.
Moreover, a woman having a child in her 40s is at risk but there is a difference between a woman in her 30s or 40s and a woman in her 60s.
The latter has much higher risks and more of them.

Regarding the topic with the freezing of eggs, my opinion regarding this topic, is more nuanced than it seemed but since the thread developed the way it did, I didn't feel like discussing it in a sensible way. It's a different topic though and not part of this thread. Besides, the discussion there ended very bad and I wouldn't like to go back there with YOU now, it's a new year. wink

There are always risks with childbirth - and being fully aware of this particular one, she is betyter able to make provision.
And if she (they) prove incapable of raising the child, normal sanctions can apply.

True.

The viability of concieving and delivering has been proven. So it's just the raising to 16/18. But what are your moral concerns. You are ok for them to have congress, but not children - which is the whole point of congress?

It's not just raising the child till 16 / 18. Everyone wants to have their parents for as long as possible. Losing one's parents at the age of 16 or 18 is very bitter. It is always bitter but I believe that 16 and 18-year-olds still need their parents. I lost my mum in my early 20s and it was terrible. I still feel that I need my mother. I am just fortunate to have a grandmother who is very close to me.

What do you mean by congress?

I'm sure family, friends and the overrjoyed brethren who shares her testimony and have had their faith strengthened will step in. And wil God who dod it not complete it. How do you know the child is not one "of promise", like Isaac was? Bible study - "the promise & the covenants"

Maybe it is. Maybe it's not. I am not speaking against this child. I just raised concerns, as Sophy nicely put it.
I believe that it is not recommendable to have children SO late but I am not totally against it.

And that is your personal preference - and you are wholly free to it.

smiley

Would you feel the same way if you'd tried for a child - unsuccesfully all your life and then finally beyond hope a child was concieved? Even if they were no ttrying, but she took in, would abortion be a better option?

TV

I would not try to conceive my entire life. I would rather adopt.

If I conceived accidentally because I wouldn't use contraceptives due to the belief that I cannot get pregnant, I would base my decision on the circumstances I find myself in. Is there anyone who will take care of my kids when I fall ill or die? Do I have enough money to take care of the child? And will I be able to leave some money for the child after I die? How healthy am I to carry a pregnancy and deliver? I would ask myself such questions.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by remsonik(f): 5:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
justwise:

That is true especially anything that comes out of your mouth
tongue
Re: Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth At 60 ( Photo ) by Defcon1(m): 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
Gloriagee:
Anything wrong with adoption, please? I'm just so tripped by people that adopt
you never know till you find yourself in the same situation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kids Drinking Dry Gin In Lagos (Photo) / Share your experience about this torch light (Pix) / Is It Right For A Married Person To Have A Celebrity Crush?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.