Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,732 members, 7,834,428 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition (909 Views)

Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes / LASEMA Officials Rescue Trapped Lagos Residents From Flood / Buhari Campaign: LASTMA Alerts Residents Of Ikorodu Road Closure Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition by idumuose(m): 12:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
The governorship candidate of  the  Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Lagos State, Mr Jimi Agbaje, has pledged better conditions for markets in the state if elected into office in  the next month’s  governorship election, lamenting the very poor state of a lot of them with absence of water, toilets, among other amenities.

The governorship candidate made the pledge on Tuesday, shortly after he visited Balogun to commiserate with victims of a fire outbreak, which gutted about 50 lock up shops and buildings in the market.

Agbaje, who decried the condition of the market, promised not only to build more and affordable markets to meet with expectations of rapidly expanding city like  former Governor Lateef Jakande did, but ensure that they had basic amenities.

“I feel the plight of the traders in Lagos, selling in markets that lacks basic amenities including water, toilets and motorable roads.

Agbaje, while saying that there was  the need to find solution to incessant fire outbreaks in markets in Lagos, contended that  markets needed to be organised better in the best interest of the people and the state.

According to the PDP candidate, some of the problems faced by traders in Lagos can be blamed on vested interest, adding: “In any place where you have vested interest, it affects the life of the people limiting the state from realising it’s maximum potentials.” 

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/26661-agbaje-assures-lagos-residents-of-better-market-condition

1 Like

Re: Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition by idumuose(m): 12:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
A victory to Agbaje is an end to Tinubu's dynasty in Lagos .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition by temitemi1(m): 12:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
#lagosvotesAGBAJE... #NigeriansvoteGEJ....

2 Likes

Re: Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition by RedArrow: 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2015
in 2face voice...E be like say them wan tell us another story again oooo....Story for the god....in Olamide's voice

1 Like

Re: Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition by stinggy(m): 1:07pm On Jan 14, 2015
idumuose:
As much as I want Agbaje to win, it can't happen. Not yet

2 Likes

Re: Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition by idumuose(m): 1:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
stinggy:

As much as I want Agbaje to win, it can't happen. Not yet
Are you Nostradamos,the man who saw tomorrow?
Re: Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition by Bruteforce1o1: 1:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
Jimi the chemist, stop wasting Bode Tewonde's money. You cant win and its certain...

3 Likes

Re: Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition by KwoiZabo(m): 1:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
idumuose:
temitemi1:
#lagosvotesAGBAJE... #NigeriansvoteGEJ....

5million likes. 5million votes for Agbaje
Re: Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition by adaweezy(m): 1:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
we have a governor and its Akin Ambode

5 Likes

Re: Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition by stinggy(m): 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
idumuose:

Are you Nostradamos,the man who saw tomorrow?
Even if I am, would you believe me?
Let's get real bro. The support and rigging strength of APC in Lagos cannot be matched yet.

3 Likes

Re: Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition by idumuose(m): 1:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
KwoiZabo:

5million likes. 5million votes for Agbaje
We hope he wins so he could restore sanity to Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
Who is Agbaje? He should go and sit down for his chemist jaree

5 Likes

Re: Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
stinggy:

Let's get real bro. The support and rigging strength of APC in Lagos cannot be matched yet.

The truth is APC simply don't need to rig in Lagos to win convincingly......
Re: Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition by idumuose(m): 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
stinggy:

You are on point bro.But if Lagos PDP could put their acts together,then they can checkmate APC's rigging strength.
Re: Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition by stinggy(m): 2:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
ilugunboy:

The truth is APC simply don't need to rig in Lagos to win convincingly......
Yea, rigging is always a back-up plan
Re: Agbaje Assures Lagos Residents Of Better Market Condition by stinggy(m): 3:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
idumuose:

You are on point bro.But if Lagos PDP could put their acts together,then they can checkmate APC's rigging strength.
It would have been easy if it were to be a re-scheduled election like Osun and Ekiti. Then they can use the whole Army and Police personnels.
But yet, see how they messed up in Osun. The only available means of rigging these days is to cause unrest in your opponents stronghold and bar electorates from voting. Yet PDP couldn't do that in Osun.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: See Jonathan And Buhari Looking Like Best Friends As They Meet In Abuja / 20 Shocking Atrocities Committed By Buhari / Brig.-gen. Olaleye Tenders Apologies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.