Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,104 members, 7,835,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Can A Christian Be Perfect? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Be Perfect? (999 Views)

Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Christian Be Perfect? by ebenice(m): 10:10pm On Jan 14, 2015
Be ye perfet as your heavenly FATHER is perfect...

Can a born again christian actualy atain perfection?

Firstly as we know tradionaly that one must first be born again i.e repentance from sins.

2. Santification and purification of heart.. Meaning our hrt must be cleans from old habit and root of sins e.g lust,lies envy,hate,malice etc.

3. Holy Ghost baptism experience...characterise by speaking in tongues, and supernatural abilities etc..

Now i believe to be anytin close or in path to perfection, one must live in holiness with consecretion to God and good works...but to me, i feel christianity shudnt be all about just holiness n consecretion alone. Judging by the early church and the apostles, they got points to prove they were christains with signs following, which i term Faith and power... Now adding to this should be wisdom in the case of Jesus who avoid the crowd at some times which the bible term to avoid the jews becos His time has not yet come.

Other components should include the fruits of the Spirit..love, joy, peace, meekness,temperance, selfcontrol, etc.

plus in our relationships with our fello humans, e.g our wife, husband, children n family... Also @work place..now how will we be ever able to adjust, i mean live life that wouldnt contradict nor affect our christian standard.

Now my question is can a christian attain this? Or can a christian av all these and blend it to perfection?

Cc,
malvisguy212, PastorOluT, FreshGreen , Sonofissachar, Vladipo, overcommersfaith ,OLAADEGBU, higyo, annyplenty and other ogas at d top
Re: Can A Christian Be Perfect? by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 15, 2015
nah!not on earth. until you behold the glory of the Holy of holies .
Re: Can A Christian Be Perfect? by PastorOluT(m): 4:53am On Jan 15, 2015
It should be noted that Christianity is not meant to be compartmentalize (that is putting things in defferent departments and trying to attain it), this is the reason for constant struggle and hence lacking or denying the power thereof. When we gave our lives to Christ we received a package and in that package all is included (perfection, sanctification, righteousness, holiness etc). It is either u have Christ and have all these, or you do not have Christ and all these cos Christ is the defining factor.

Now when we talk about perfection as Christians, we are already perfect in Christ n there is no longer any need for us to strive for perfection again, but it should be noted that there ought to be the manifestation of that perfection which is where the working out of what the Holy Spirit had worked or working in us as the case maybe. Christ has been made to us all things, so we possess the Holy Spirit and has all these virtues but the thing is that it is in us as in seed form and needed to blosom and manifest which is where our being diligent comes in. We are already like Christ and thus perfect but the sad thing is that the manifestation isnt there, so we ought to grow to the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ that we might manifest the LIFE.

What I am mostly concerned for us Christians is not just to possess the virtues or manifest, but growth, I personally believe as we grow in Christ everything will take cue itself and surely manifestation will take place. It should noted that we are not trying to attain anything as Christians cos we already have all, but we are to manifest the LIFE and LIGHT cos we can either manifest or not. So what I am saying in nutshell is that though we already are perfect in Christ and that is how God sees us, yet we are all still work in progress and the manifestation of the perfection comes as we mature in Christ. This will continue till we get to the other side of eternity when the FLESH we be done away with and we have the capacity for full manifestation.

We are perfect already, being made perfect, and work in progress in the manifestation of the LIFE as we continue on this side of eternity.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: Can A Christian Be Perfect? by ebenice(m): 3:25pm On Jan 15, 2015
Thanks@ PastorOluT.. Thats a good one . But what i'm actualy particular abt is THE ENDS THAT JUSTIFY THE MEANS of "Be ye perfect even as your Heavenly FATHER is perfect,"
Re: Can A Christian Be Perfect? by ebenice(m): 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2015
Wow you wouldn't believe what just happen now.

I'm actualy on transit leaving lagos, as i sat observing thru d window, God just put this on my mind now, and said why don't you just pick your bible and read instead?

So i pick my phone and open d Bible kjv app on my phone, just before i could think of where to read, HE spoke to my mind again , open to Hebrews 10 and as i started reading my mind's eye was open and i remember this thread . And thats just it. You may need to read it thru too. hebrews chapter 10.
Re: Can A Christian Be Perfect? by annyplenty(m): 11:39am On Jan 17, 2015
ebenice:
Be ye perfet as your heavenly FATHER is perfect...

Can a born again christian actualy atain perfection?

To answer your question, please watch Pastor Kumuyi message on that same topic of Christian Perfection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep2Xf0Roh7M

I am not any oga oooo. we are all learning at Christ's feet.

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Be Perfect? by PastorOluT(m): 1:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
ebenice:
Thanks@ PastorOluT.. Thats a good one . But what i'm actualy particular abt is THE ENDS THAT JUSTIFY THE MEANS of "Be ye perfect even as your Heavenly FATHER is perfect,"

Yes, the end justify the means, but also note that the means always also justiify the end.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Question On 'heaven Helps Those Who Help Themselves' / Pastor Adeboye & Wife Surprise Local RCCG Parish With A Surprise Visit (PHOTOS) / These Are The 12 Worst Ideas Religion Has Unleashed On The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.