Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,387 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Why Do Men Lie? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Lie? (1402 Views)

Why Do Men Patronize Prostitutes? (Video) / Why Do Nigerian Men Lie Too Much? / Why Do Men Cheat??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Lie? by DonPafegs(m): 1:32am On Jan 15, 2015
She wants to know...this is what a friend asked me.

I've been with dating a man for a few months now and so far have caught him in a few lies. He's lied about some of his past accomplishments, how much money he makes, and the kind of car he drives. I even think he's lying about how much he likes me so that I'll continue seeing him (and sleeping with him!). Why would a man lie? And do you have any tips for how I can actually catch him lying?
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by menix(m): 1:42am On Jan 15, 2015
Tell her d man is lieing to her cous her lifestyle is fake nd it will take lie to kip her afloat..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Lie? by HrtBrkSteve(m): 1:47am On Jan 15, 2015
Women lie, Men lie but Stephen don't lie.
Why Men lie? I don't know, because I don't lie.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by DonPafegs(m): 2:42am On Jan 15, 2015
menix:
Tell her d man is lieing to her cous her lifestyle is fake nd it will take lie to kip her afloat..

Mafia Advice
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by DonPafegs(m): 2:43am On Jan 15, 2015
HrtBrkSteve:

You have just Lied. Why?
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by menix(m): 3:15am On Jan 15, 2015
DonPafegs:

Mafia Advice

He wo is deaf, blind nd silent will live a 100yrs in peace.

Re u made?
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by temitemi1(m): 3:19am On Jan 15, 2015
because lie is available option to save urself from shame... I dnt lie though grin
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 15, 2015
The guy is lying to the lady, the lady is lying to herself, and you're here to tell us you don't know exactly what to say, i.e, lying.

Ah, the circle of lies. The circle of life.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by justmag(m): 6:48am On Jan 15, 2015
Same reason a woman lies sometimes! The lies she tells about the weave, the amount of men she has been with, and more. We all lie. Women lie, Men lie, numbers don't lie!!!
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by HrtBrkSteve(m): 9:31am On Jan 15, 2015
DonPafegs:

You have just Lied. Why?
No I didn't. That's just the truth.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Oahray: 10:35am On Jan 15, 2015
"Why do men get caught in their lies more often than women?" would have been a better question. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Lie? by llouis: 10:50am On Jan 15, 2015
This is a very interesting question, but I believe we should be asking everyone and not just men, because truth is we all are guilty of telling lies and falsifying information.

Personally I believe to discover reasons why we lie we, need to ask ourselves why God does not tell lies (we are created in His Divine Image, and before our physical manifestation on earth, being birthed into time (which is an interruption of eternity), we were ideas created and existing in His Divine Mind, waiting for the most opportune moment for our expression.

God cannot lie, have you wondered why?

Permit me to explain. The reason He cannot lie (from which we will easily discover why we do) is because God is All Powerful.
He reeks of Power, He commands Power, In fact to some, He is Power (living Energy) that has developed a consciousness over the eons {(which is a length of time so long it cannot be measured)} (as energy cannot be created or destroyed, becoming infinite, invisible and intangible).

God cannot lie because what He says happens.

Allow me to elucidate; God tells u He will be at your house by 9am. He wakes up by 8:55am (pls go along with me), the truth is Time itself will refuse to go beyond 9am until God reaches your house. Why? Because the very fabric of eternity and the very elements that define our universe and multiverse dread the very thought of directly accusing YHVH (whom we call YAHWEH [because it is almost impossible to pronounce His Name absent vowels]) and His words (His Will) of not coming to pass.

God can easily get dressed, teleport and get to your house before 9am, because He is All Powerful, "He created all things and by Him does all things consist" (Colosians 1:17) but these atmospheric elements and guardians have assumed a silent conspiracy that His words must never fall to the ground of failed manifestation.

Another example is God talking to you and saying "Oh what a wonderful sunday christmas evening!" when it is tuesday morning in the month of July. At the instant the words are out of His Mouth, believe me, all of a sudden it will be sunday (time will leap into the future, appointing the sunday most close to christmas and affixing itself on the 25th of Decemeber), the harmattan, apperaring suddenly and without warning, will choke your skin, taunting it for a shiver or an attempted attempt to cover your chest from the cold, the morning will hurriedly step aside, ushering the evening into our reality and that christmas feeling we all have felt will without warning overwhelm you, ladened with wonderful memories of other yuletide experiences to impromptly create in you the notion that you are in a festive mood, all this because the Words of God, pregnant with Omni Potent power will effortlessly warp our reality, or the very elements themselves will see to it that His words do not fall to the ground or on their deaf ears.

Logos tells us the seas saw Him and fled; I imagine the seas seeing Him and saying "Sire, permit us to flee (in becoming fear) in awe of YOU.

Now back to the ladies question,

Why do we lie?

1. Because we believe we are not all-powerful; we lie because we believe we are weak, and we lie to cover up our weaknesses.

A lady believes she is not beautiful physically, she wears fake butt pads, fake hair, fake eyebrows and eye lashes, adorns high heels and becomes a Picasso, her face the canvas, over dressing with jewelry and flamboyant gowns to impress her fellow ladies and under dressing to impress men (attracting children and dogs [who desperately believe they are men] in the process), all in a bid to give an appearance of a beauty she does believes she does not so naturally possess, believing if she can cover up her weakness of not being so beautiful physically, she can be accepted by society, and that hole in her heart that she believes only their acceptance can fill, will be.

A man promises you he will be at your place in an hour, two hours later you are calling him, he is still at home. Because he cannot teleport or suddenly appear before you, he rushes outside his house on seeing your incoming call and tells u (under the ambiance of a noisy atmosphere) that he is on his way and is in traffic, because, having acquired your acceptance of his persona and existence, he can risk deceit in a bid to preserve it.

2. We also tell lies because we sometimes lack the power to enforce our promises, our ideals and our dreams.
The second example I gave is a perfect example of this.

If we were All Powerful as God is we would not be able to lie, as our words will immediately be acted upon by the elements and the keepers of such, and sin, being just a temporary means of self gratification [(being used by evil as a means of ensuring and continuously voicing her existence so as not to be forgotten or discarded in every eternity)], born out of a desire to be comforted or pleasured in the pursuit of purpose and fulfillment, becomes unnecessary.

This is why God cannot lie, and this is why God cannot sin, having the power to do infinitely beyond our mental ability to explore endless possibilities and realities within the borders of our imagination (OmniPotence), the power to be and exist in every possible atomic space of the fabric of the atmospheres, at every possible calibration of time (within and without eternity) (OmniPresence) and the unimaginable, fearsome power to effortlessly possess and harness all knowledge and all wisdom (OmniScience), you cannot but admit it; our GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!

I believe it is possible to attain this God-dom temporarily or permanently in this corrupted body, in our lifetime via a life of Holiness mingled with Enlightenment, Charity and an insatiable desire for His Manifested Presence. This is why He sacrificed His Son on a tree, that we may know Him, and become the fullness of His Power and Might, even within our adamic-natured, sin-corrupted, organic, physical interactive construct (our bodies).

Please forgive me for my long post,

Also forgive me if your spiritual orientation is not akin to mine. I do not seek to force it down the throats of your reasoning and if you believe I have done so even if ever so slightly, I humbly apologize.

Also forgive me if you do not believe in the existence of He who inhabits eternity, impregnating her with the fullness of His Being and His Divinity, she birthing the space-time continuum, and we His OffSpring that He predestined to take our place in the Grand Play-let He has orchestrated before the foundations of the world were drawn. Your doubt of His existence does not affect reality.

Hope I actually helped answer the question.

Sorry the post is long once again; in a bid to compare spiritual things with spiritual, I tend to overdo expressing my thoughts.

SELAH!
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by chimerase2: 11:00am On Jan 15, 2015
Women luv to be told lies
Dat is de best option for men
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by AfricanApple(f): 11:43am On Jan 15, 2015
chimerase2:
Women luv to be told lies
Dat is de best option for men
okay!!!!!!! now I know
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by chimerase2: 11:46am On Jan 15, 2015
AfricanApple:
okay!!!!!!! now I know
ife mi do u take ma comment serious? cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by AfricanApple(f): 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2015
chimerase2:
ife mi do u take ma comment serious? cheesy
to were lying then or lying now, which one undecided
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by chimerase2: 12:34pm On Jan 15, 2015
AfricanApple:
to were lying then or lying now, which one undecided
ife mi I didn't grab ur msg undecided
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by AfricanApple(f): 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2015
chimerase2:
ife mi I didn't grab ur msg undecided
I asked that were you lying then or now, which one?
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by chimerase2: 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
AfricanApple:
I asked that were you lying then or now, which one?
I lie but not as u tink grin
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by HizMissy(f): 4:00pm On Jan 15, 2015
HrtBrkSteve:

You just lied!
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2015
Why do people lie would have been unbiased. why do men lie sound biased in favour of women, everyone is guilty of lie.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Aspireahead(m): 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2015
men lie bcus they are humans. No more, no less! Women are the worst sexist..
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by GoodFaith: 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2015
because they want to get between your legs
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by HizMissy(f): 6:21pm On Jan 15, 2015
to keep out of trouble or to get out of trouble.... Just for the moment tho...
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by GoodFaith: 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2015
HizMissy:
to keep out of trouble or to get out of trouble.... Just for the moment tho...
U trouble why?
New user account
Tell us the number of user name you have on NL
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by HizMissy(f): 6:55pm On Jan 15, 2015
GoodFaith:

U trouble why?
New user account
Tell us the number of user name you have on NL

Who be dis one? undecided nairaland police abi kini?
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by GoodFaith: 7:02pm On Jan 15, 2015
HizMissy:

Who be dis one? undecided nairaland police abi kini?
Tell NL about your BS
you are hiding
stop hiding

(1) (Reply)

What are the trees doing ?? ( photo) / Today Is Sp.erm Appreciation Day / U R Smart,handsome & Brainbox But Cant Go Out Wit U, Wat Does She Rily Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.