Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,139 members, 7,811,202 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters (27978 Views)

Boko Haram Releases Photos Of Attack On Soldiers & Equipment Seized From Them / Boko Haram Releases Pics Of Abuja Suicide Bombers;takes Responsibility Of Attack / Military Takes Delivery Of Two Jets Loaded With Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by PastorKun(m): 7:56am On Jan 15, 2015
The Defence authorities have started taking delivery of some military hardware required for the prosecution of the war against the Boko Haram insurgents in the North-East.

Investigation revealed that the military hardware were imported from Russia, Belarus and other Eastern European countries.

It was learnt that some of the items were received at the Port of Lagos and were being moved to designated locations in Abuja and other parts of the country.

Our correspondent sighted several Russian-made Armoured Personnel Carriers being conveyed in long open military trucks along Okenne-Lokoja-Abuja Express Way.

Some other heavy trucks (painted in military green) were also sighted conveying containers of items suspected to be military hardware along the same routes.

It was however learnt that the military was receiving the items in batches from Russian, Belarus and other European countries by sea and by air.

A senior military officer said on Wednesday that the military equipment were being received at the Apapa Port, the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, the Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano, and Kaduna.

The officer added that containers of spare parts for attack helicopters had also been received by the Defence authorities early in the week.

It was further learnt that the attack helicopters and other platforms would be coupled in the country.

“It is true that we have started receiving some military hardware in the country. Of course, we couldn’t get them from our friends in the West. It is no longer news that they refused to sell to us.

“We are getting the items from Russia, Belarus and other Eastern European countries. They are coming in batches. We are receiving them in batches both by sea and by air.

“Apart from the items from Lagos, there are others coming in by air from the air ports in Kaduna and Kano.

“Some of the items that are being received include the APCs that you saw, components of some Air Force platforms. Yes, there are some attack helicopters; they are to be coupled together in the country. These are expected to boost the already high morale of the troops,” the source said.

When our correspondent contacted the Director, Defence Information, Maj. Gen. Chris Olukolade, for his comment on the issue, he neither confirmed nor denied the arrival of the items.

He said, “We are incrementally enhancing our stock in all the mission areas as part of the ongoing measures to enhance our effectiveness.”
source : http://www.punchng.com/news/military-takes-delivery-of-attack-helicopters/

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by coolluk(m): 8:22am On Jan 15, 2015
My 9th year on nairaland but my ma first FTC.

Hope Finally they can fight boko haram now

15 Likes

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by mors(m): 8:22am On Jan 15, 2015
angry

1 Like

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by martincbarton: 8:23am On Jan 15, 2015
Good news. congrats NA.

6 Likes

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by holatin(m): 8:23am On Jan 15, 2015
At last !
dis decision should've been taken a long time ago.
I will give Jonathan kudos to this but hope you buy riffle ?
its needed not all soldier go carry helicopter etc

buy gun the type SWAT team used
Try and make a even a little change before that general kick you out

Jonathan I don't hate you,I just hate how you reason.
God bless you
God bless Nigeria

God bless Buhari
BUHARI FOR PRESIDENT.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by coolluk(m): 8:23am On Jan 15, 2015
mors:
ftc finally.hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.space booked

Try again later

1 Like

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by Grendel(m): 8:24am On Jan 15, 2015
nonsense!!!!

the battle that could have been fought and won since

8 Likes

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by Francon(f): 8:24am On Jan 15, 2015
Wonderful.... take actions with immediate effect. Jonathan till APC become a club tongue

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by RatandBot(m): 8:24am On Jan 15, 2015
Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by Expsbterror(m): 8:24am On Jan 15, 2015
Making brain #ftc
Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by kbshow100(m): 8:24am On Jan 15, 2015
I hope they will not Surrender it to BH boys. May god bless nig army

4 Likes

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:24am On Jan 15, 2015
The more the good news from military, the worst the bad news from boko haram ...

I hear say boko haramm killed woman in labour.

I think high time, all nigeria need a gun for fire 2 fire.

2 Likes

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by scholes23(m): 8:24am On Jan 15, 2015
mors:
ftc finally.hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.space booked

Hello sir pls look up b4 u continue ur celebrations

4 Likes

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by BedLam: 8:24am On Jan 15, 2015
Can't these news houses take pictures? Haba! This "smart" era.
Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by texazzpete(m): 8:24am On Jan 15, 2015
President even more snail-like in speed than Yar'Adua.
Hardware we should have procured and deployed since 2012. Thousands dead as a result.

'Better late than never' is of little comfort when people are dead.

1 Like

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by mors(m): 8:24am On Jan 15, 2015
coolluk:

Try again later
Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by frodobee: 8:24am On Jan 15, 2015
You see am?

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by ichidodo: 8:25am On Jan 15, 2015
We wasted so much time looking to the west for military hardware aid...Excellent policy shift to the East,we hope we get their world renowned heavy weaponry BMPs, T-70s,Hinds and Ak-74 platforms....With these shooters, we don't mind voluntaring for service free of charge....On the condition they send us to Tank school in Russia for Target-ranging,gunnery and sabot-loading training..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by pekeyim: 8:25am On Jan 15, 2015
GEJ is working
Buhari didn't buy one rifle sef!!!

18 Likes

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by clefstone(m): 8:25am On Jan 15, 2015
If only previous govts did the needful, this monster called BH wud hv been crushed long ago by d NA. Kudos to the commander in chief, his Excellency, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR for equipping the military. The same Generals who paralyzed the military are those dancing naked in d market square, all in a bid to taint GEJ. I luv my president

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by Janiobi(m): 8:25am On Jan 15, 2015
Keep on the Good works 9ja militry, May God guide your footsteps so you would be able to flosh out those bast*rd out of Nigerai. Did I say flosh? I mean killllll

3 Likes

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by obicentlis: 8:25am On Jan 15, 2015
Good, if they will not abandon it in the hands of the enemy.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 8:26am On Jan 15, 2015
PLOT TWIST - The item will be delivered to BokoHaram Soon..

GMB 2015

4 Likes

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by lomprico(m): 8:26am On Jan 15, 2015
I hope they wont donate it to the boko boys as always.

2 Likes

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by cynthia3d(f): 8:26am On Jan 15, 2015
GOD intervene n help this ppl

1 Like

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by buchito1(m): 8:26am On Jan 15, 2015
Awesome news!!!! smiley

GEJ till Buhari goes back to Secondary school!!! angry

13 Likes

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by PureLife22: 8:26am On Jan 15, 2015
Hope they don't leave the things and run for Haram people to carry.
Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by CzarChris(m): 8:27am On Jan 15, 2015
Goodnews
Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by Qristien: 8:27am On Jan 15, 2015
Who noticed that there was no name in the whole writeup?
Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by texazzpete(m): 8:27am On Jan 15, 2015
IMHO, PDP has a LOT to answer for. We just finished fighting a creek war with MEND and oil bunkering and sabotage is still pretty prevalent. I'm shocked we ended that phase with still an anaemic helicopter force.

2 Likes

Re: Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters by folahann(m): 8:27am On Jan 15, 2015
Good move. Let them scatter Boko Haram on time. but its too late for GEJ to get required votes. If there's peace, elections will hold in North-East; APC's stronghold. People will not forget the pain of losing their loved ones to insurgency.
Sai Buhari

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP To Buhari, APC: “You Have Betrayed Almajirai After Using Them To Get Power” / FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court / Edo Tribunal: Obaseki Files Appeal At The Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.