Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack (1841 Views)

What Muhammad Abu-Ali Told His Colleagues Before Boko Haram Killed Him / Boko Haram Fighters Nabbed Including Boy Who Killed 32 People During Attack.PICS / Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Emmaomotob(m): 8:18am On Jan 15, 2015
Lagos - Boko Haram fighters killed a woman as she
was in labour during what is feared could be the
deadliest attack in the militants' six-year
insurgency, Amnesty International claimed on
Thursday.
The human rights group said one witness to the
assault on Baga, on the shores of Lake Chad in
northeast Nigeria, told them the woman was shot by
indiscriminate fire that also cut down small children.
"Half of the baby boy [was] out and she died like
this," the unnamed witness was quoted as saying.
Amnesty said this week that hundreds of people, if
not more, may have been killed in the attack, which
began on 3 January and is thought to have targeted
civilian vigilantes helping the military.
"Sensational" claims
"They killed so many people. I saw maybe around
100 killed at that time in Baga. I ran to the bush. As
we were running, they were shooting and killing," a
man in his fifties was quoted as saying.
Another woman added: "I don't know how many but
there were bodies everywhere we looked."
The testimony chimes with claims from local
officials that huge numbers were killed and that of
witnesses spoken to by AFP, who described seeing
decomposing bodies littering the streets.
One man who escaped from Baga after hiding for
three days said he was "stepping on bodies" for 5km
as he fled through the bush.
Nigeria's military, which often downplays death tolls,
said this week that 150 people died, dismissing as
"sensational" claims that 2 000 may have lost their
lives.
Security analysts have said that it may be
impossible to know exactly how many were killed,
with the town and surrounding area still in rebel
control and access impossible.
Satellite images
Amnesty on Thursday also published satellite
images of Baga and Doron Baga, 2.5km away, which
it said showed the scale of the attack.
Aerial shots of the two towns - which have been hit
previously by fighting - were shown the day before
the Islamists moved in and four days later, after they
had razed homes and businesses.
"These detailed images show devastation of
catastrophic proportions in two towns, one of which
was almost wiped off the map in the space of four
days," said the group's Nigeria researcher, Daniel
Eyre.
More than 3 700 structures were damaged or
completely destroyed - 620 in Baga and more than 3
100 in Doron Baga, Amnesty said but added that the
number could be higher.
Local officials have said Baga and at least 16
surrounding settlements were burnt to the ground
and at least 20 000 people fled.
Medical charity Doctors Without Borders said on
Tuesday that its team in the Borno State capital,
Maiduguri, was providing assistance to 5 000
survivors of the attack.
Elections
The UN refugee agency has said that more than 11
300 Nigerian refugees have fled into neighbouring
Chad.
Eyre said the eye-witnesses and images reinforced
the view that the attack was Boko Haram's "largest
and most destructive" in its fight to establish a
hardline Islamic state in northeast Nigeria.
The statement added: "The deliberate killing of
civilians and destruction of their property by Boko
Haram are war crimes and crimes against humanity
and must be duly investigated."
At least 300 women were said to have been rounded
up and detained at a school, witnesses told
Amnesty, adding that older women, mothers and
children were released after four days but younger
women kept.
The Baga attack came before presidential and
parliamentary elections in Nigeria next month and
an upsurge in violence apparently designed to
undermine the legitimacy of the vote.
On Saturday, 19 people were killed when explosives
strapped to a young girl said to be as young as 10
detonated at a crowded market in Maiduguri.
Four people were also killed when two female suicide
bombers hit another market in the commercial
capital of neighbouring Yobe State, Potiskum, on
Sunday.
AFP
SOURCE
m.news24.com/news24/Africa/News/AI-Boko-Haram-killed-woman-in-labour-during-attack-20150115
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Dahjhi: 8:24am On Jan 15, 2015
My only question still remains : Why don't this idiots gather the gut to come to south or west or east?
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Raiders: 8:30am On Jan 15, 2015
Dahjhi:
My only question still remains : Why don't this idiots gather the gut to come to south or west or east?
The question you should be asking is why has the Nigeria government fail to protect its citizens?

1 Like

Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 15, 2015
Dahjhi:

Simple, because they are yet to overrun the north, if they succeed in capturing the north (and I pray they never do) then they move southwards. That is why all hands must be on deck to stop this madness. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 15, 2015
I thought amnesty international had been at the forefront condemning the heavy handedness of the Nigerian security forces?

This is what they want to see.

Useless ediots
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Obascoetubi: 8:35am On Jan 15, 2015
Raiders:
The question you should be asking is why has the Nigeria government fail to protect its citizens?
ask ur state governor
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Simple, because they are yet to overrun the north, if they succeed in capturing the north (and I pray they never do) then they move southwards. That is why all hands must be on deck to stop this madness. embarassed embarassed embarassed

The average Ab0ki is a coward and you are a coward for fearing they will come south.

You no get cutlass for house?

As far as I am concerned bokos can never cross river Niger. They tried it with Uthman Dan Fodio but the Bini empire resisted them. They know the region were those more cowardly than them reside. That region is the only place where their demonic religion was imposed and still practiced foolishly till this day.
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Dahjhi: 8:38am On Jan 15, 2015
Raiders:
This is because I'm seeing it like these citizens are the cause if their problem and the handwriting on the wall is that they themselves don't want it to stop... Who has the most population of the highest ranked officers in the NA if not the Northerners...?
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 15, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

[s]The average Ab0ki is a coward and you are a coward for fearing they will come south.

As far as I am concerned bokos can never cross river Niger. They tried it with Uthman Dan Fodio but the Bini empire resisted them. They know the region were those more cowardly than them reside. That region is the only place where their demonic religion was imposed and still practiced foolishly till this day.[/s]

Shut up and be reasonable.
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Dahjhi: 8:40am On Jan 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

my view above
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Your ancestors were forced by ab0kis at the point of death to abandon the religion of their ancestors.

Am I lying? Or was Uthman Dan Fodio knocking on your ancestors doors like Jehovah witneses?

Lol.

A lion can never give birth to a fowl.

Your cowardice is in your blood.

Your allegiance to Ab0ki is based on a deep inherent fear of them.

Slave coward
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by SUBMARINE: 8:45am On Jan 15, 2015
Dahjhi:

They love our oil and won't want us to secede. cool

1 Like

Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 15, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Your ancestors were forced by ab0kis at the point of death to abandon the religion of their ancestors.

Am I lying? Or was Uthman Dan Fodio knocking on your ancestors doors like Jehovah witneses?

Lol.

A lion can never give birth to a fowl.

Your cowardice is in your blood.

Your allegiance to Ab0ki is based on a deep inherent fear of them.

Slave coward

Are you going mad? Where do you think I am from? Stop attributing everything to cowardice Mr man. The simple truth is that boko haram is still struggling to take over the north. A journey of 1000 miles begins with a step. Think mr man, think. embarassed
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by herald9: 8:50am On Jan 15, 2015
Dahjhi:

This is a northern problem abeg...
Let them concentrate there,mbok
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Are you going mad? Where do you think I am from? Stop attributing everything to cowardice Mr man. The simple truth is that boko haram is still struggling to take over the north. A journey of 1000 miles begins with a step. Think mr man, think. embarassed

To further show how cowardice your ancestors were, when the British arrived they met no single resistance by your ancestors. If anything they were relieved to have the British check the Jihadis. This can be seen from history were the likes of the then Oba of Bini, Jaja of Opobo, the Nana of Itsekiri are celebrated today for their resistance stance. Where in your history of cowards is there any true resistance figure? The answer is none!

Lol cowards go and hold gambari's hand.
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Raiders: 8:52am On Jan 15, 2015
Dahjhi:
This is because I'm seeing it like these citizens are the cause if their problem and the handwriting on the wall is that they themselves don't want it to stop... Who has the most population of the highest ranked officers in the NA if not the Northerners...?
This is why Boko haram cant be defeated. When Paris was attacked, the whole country of France stood together as one and the terrorists were killed and some arrest were made. but in Nigeria, we see boko haram as a northerner problem even tho southern and Christians are also been killed. All Nigerians need to unite as one to defeat boko haram. The civilians are not the cause of boko haram problem because they are the one being killed and kidnapped. why would boko continue to kill its people if they support them?
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by hazyfm1: 8:52am On Jan 15, 2015
[size=78pt]CHAI[/size]
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Dahjhi: 8:52am On Jan 15, 2015
herald9:

This is a northern problem abeg...
Let them concentrate there,mbok
Say that again my guy "" ANIMALS KILLING ANIMALS"".... If you quote me u are wasting ur time undecided
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Today your people claim progressive which means flexible but the truth be told your people like slaves have no principal as you have been forced to bend to the will of your occupying masters.

Cowards!
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Dahjhi: 8:55am On Jan 15, 2015
Raiders:
This is why Boko haram cant be defeated. When Paris was attacked, the whole country of France stood together as one and the terrorists were killed and some arrest were made. but in Nigeria, we see boko haram as a northerner problem even tho southern and Christians are also been killed. All Nigerians need to unite as one to defeat boko haram. The civilians are not the cause of boko haram problem because they are the one being killed and kidnapped. why would boko continue to kill its people if they support them?
it is when northern leaders see it as there problem first, they started it letdem finish it menh....
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Ok
Let's try reason and logic...

Why did you give your birthright to Tambuwal?

Mumu
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Raiders: 8:56am On Jan 15, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

The average Ab0ki is a coward and you are a coward for fearing they will come south.

As far as I am concerned bokos can never cross river Niger. They tried it with Uthman Dan Fodio but the Bini empire resisted them. They know the region were those more cowardly than them reside. That region is the only place where their demonic religion was imposed and still practiced foolishly till this day.
you are ignorant. it is sad you call yourself a Rev but don't think like one. There is no state in Nigeria that has not lost its citizens from boko haram attacked. Boko haram is a Nigeria problem not just a northerner problem. Its better we destroy the cancer called boko haram now before it spread
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by DesChyko: 8:58am On Jan 15, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
I thought amnesty international had been at the forefront condemning the heavy handedness of the Nigerian security forces?

Who wouldn't be? Should the NA have killed the civilians themselves?
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 15, 2015
Raiders:
you are ignorant. it is sad you call yourself a Rev but don't think like one. There is no state in Nigeria that has not lost its citizens from boko haram attacked. Boko haram is a Nigeria problem not just a northerner problem. Its better we destroy the cancer called boko haram now before it spread

Shatap your slave mouth, you pleb.

When fools like you keep celebrating bokos every day for political mischief and gain.

Let me tell you now if you don't know; when the ND and SE pull out, you will have your glorious Arewastan and Shekau will be appointed Emir of the newly created Oduastan with Buhari as your Kalifar.

Get ready for massive ab0ki c0cks!

grin
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 15, 2015
DesChyko:

Who wouldn't be? Should the NA have killed the civilians themselves?

In war time combatants in civilian clothing are summarily executed when captured.

Boko haram ranks and files still keep increasing by the day. The group keeps enjoying strong support and sympathy from a broad base of norther Muslims.

If not for the Christian northerners I would have called for the northeast to be bombed back to the camel era.
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 15, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Today your people claim progressive which means flexible but the truth be told your people like slaves have no principal as you have been forced to bend to the will of your occupying masters.

Cowards!

I am not Yoruba.
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I am not Yoruba.

Stop denying your slave ancestry.
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 15, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Stop denying your slave ancestry.

Go through the history of my posts, I am Igbo. I was only trying to make you see reason why boko haram must be stopped. Human life is precious whether they are northerners or southerners. Redirect your energy to the right targets; I have been calm with you 'cos I know we are on the same lines.

Dive-Bomber.

1 Like

Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Go through the history of my posts, I am Igbo. I was only trying to make you see reason why boko haram must be stopped. Human life is precious whether they are northerners or southerners. Redirect your energy to the right targets; I have been calm with you 'cos I know we are on the same lines.

Dive-Bomber.

You are Igbo as much as that transsexual osogbo online tout obiagelli
Re: AI: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour During Attack by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 15, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

You are Igbo as much as that transsexual osogbo online tout obiagelli

have you checked my past posts? Do so and come back.

(1) (Reply)

Reveal What Ex-governor And Deputy Governor Of Lagos State Earn After Retirement / I Stay Out Of Politics But Mrs Buhari Called Edo Women Prostitutes – Uche Jumbo / ABSURD: Former Ekiti State Governor,kayode Fayemi Turns Messenger/bag Carrier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.