Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? (1262 Views)

Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) / Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids / In The Event Of Divorce, Who Takes Custody Of The Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by imsuboi(m): 1:54pm On Jan 15, 2015
N/b: this is not a nollywood script

In my little stay in this tertiary institution of mine, I've been hearing stories of lecturers forcefully coaxing females, threatening them with parallel F's in their results if they don't "roll in the hay" with them.. I thought it was all just a silly joke.

Well, here's this story.

I met this female in my 200l.
The manner in which we met is very much "Hollywood" like.

I had just finished brainstorming (with little success) in our school's general library; trying to digest some metabolic processes in Medical BioChemistry. Having finally given up on understanding the numerous equations tossed at us by our bch lecturer that hot afternoon, I decided to call it a day.

I slammed my text book in frustration and began packing my stuff, When I felt someone staring at me.

The frustration was evident in my countenance I guess.

In an attempt to look polite and gentlemanly, I apologized to the lady seated beside me for causing a mini uproar and distracting her.

She smiled and brushed it off.

I left the library with my books and strolled to where our bags are kept and started stuffing the books in vigorously.

It turns out it was time for the library to be closed. So there was a palpable efflux of people from the library.

A lady came up beside me, pulled her bag from the shelf and began stuffing her books into her bag diligently.

Well, to cut the long story short, she asked to know the reason for my outburst earlier.

We became very good friends, the days turned to weeks, the weeks turned to months and we got closer.

Fast forward till last week. She called me sounding all teary and sad. I asked to know what the problem is/was.

Now here's her story.

A lecturer taking her class in one of their 4unit courses has been pestering her. His dad recently passed on and the burial date was fixed.

here's the juicy part

Some people were delegated to show up and represent the class at the burial. They refused to go. So, it turns out on the day of the burial, some people still went for the burial.

At the burial, attendance was taken! and the lecturer promised to deal severely with those who didn't show up for the burial.

My friend didn't show up for the burial 'cos she was down with menstrual cramps.

So, she took the lecturer's number from the course rep and sent a condolence text.

(That's where the wahala started)

Since that day, he has been constantly disturbing her to pay him a visit.

He also has been issuing veiled threats to her.

Right now, she's so confused, she can't even concentrate on her studies.

I've been thinking of possible solutions to the problem, but, I know the fall out won't be nice.

Please help!
Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by imsuboi(m): 1:58pm On Jan 15, 2015
Tags:

Tallesty1
MizmyColi
Mynd44
Seun
Decode55
Missmossy

Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by MizMyColi(f): 2:01pm On Jan 15, 2015
This one is gidi gan angry

Crackhaus
Pickabeau1
Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by decode55(m): 2:02pm On Jan 15, 2015
this is really bad.
Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by SeverusSnape(m): 2:08pm On Jan 15, 2015
This is a very perplexing situation.

First of all, I'm so angry reading this, So this rubbish still happens in our tertiary institutions
Can you imagine someone who just lost his dad, because of the father's funeral, He wants to take advantage of an innocent lady, May the ghost of his dad haunt him forever! angry
Can't she just report the lecturer to the academic board?... Oh!, I remember; They're birds of the same feathers. She should just engage the services of a lawyer. Simple!
Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by pickabeau1: 2:40pm On Jan 15, 2015
MizMyColi:
This one is gidi gan angry

Crackhaus
Pickabeau1

Sexual harassment

I hope she can get evidence and embarrass the guy

1 Like

Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by bennyrazz: 3:18pm On Jan 15, 2015
the title of your thread is very misleading.

1 Like

Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by KanwuliaJara: 3:39pm On Jan 15, 2015
In Nigeria?
THE MURDERERS!!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by elantraceey(f): 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
She made a mistake by using her number to send the text in the first place .

Well she's in a difficult situation but the only thing she should do is to make sure she doesn't go to visit him alone , for now she should just be careful with him because these kind of lecturer could be very callous and as well study the course well , if he tampers with her result she should report to the school's management.

1 Like

Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by crackhaus: 4:05pm On Jan 15, 2015
I heard girls make arrangements to set-up lecturers who make such requests, she should consider that.

1 Like

Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by bellong: 4:35pm On Jan 15, 2015
This can only happen in "mushroom" universities where lecturers can get away with all kinds of nonsense. This is not to take a shot at you or the girl but the set up of the university.

Many things she can do to be free, set him up.

Write an anonymous petition to the senate of the university detailing his "sexcapades" with students and advice the school to investigate past female examinations to find a trend.

Involve your students' union, they should know what to do.

arrange with a police and go for the visit.

many options but she needs strong "liver" to act them. She must confront that demon and put an end to it.

Which university are we talking about here?

1 Like

Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by bukatyne(f): 7:00pm On Jan 15, 2015
She can decide to play along, go to his house and get someone to snap him in his boxers while she pretends to go the bathroom

She can report him to her parents and they come to confront him, This also works wonders

First thing to get rid of is fear. If the lecturer sees she is not affected, he would surely wonder What makes her bold.

Goodluck
Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by mumumugu(m): 7:35pm On Jan 15, 2015
Story for the gods

1 Like

Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by corisande: 9:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
hmmm
Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by imsuboi(m): 6:52pm On Mar 21, 2015
pickabeau1:

Sexual harassment

I hope she can get evidence and embarrass the guy

The other lecturers would gang up on her

1 Like

Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by pickabeau1: 9:09pm On Mar 21, 2015
imsuboi:

Sadly

1 Like

Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by Mcowubaba: 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2015
Which sch na Imsu
Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by Richy4(m): 11:28pm On Mar 21, 2015
Do you know that text messages can send someone to jail?

Anyways, I mean in a civilized society.

those messages happens to be big time evidence. he will just loose his job for that
Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by Richy4(m): 11:30pm On Mar 21, 2015
imsuboi:

that is the general fear but if she is intelligent and can defend what she wrote, there will be nothing to fear.

1 Like

Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by imsuboi(m): 9:04am On Mar 22, 2015
Richy4:

that is the general fear but if she is intelligent and can defend what she wrote, there will be nothing to fear.

Have you passed through a Nigerian tertiary institution before?

1 Like

Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by imsuboi(m): 9:04am On Mar 22, 2015
Mcowubaba:
Which sch na Imsu

Imo State University

1 Like

Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by Richy4(m): 10:44am On Mar 22, 2015
imsuboi:

Have you passed through a Nigerian tertiary institution before?

Yes sir. I graduated from one of the state university in Nigeria before coming to Australia to pursue my Masters.

1 Like

Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by imsuboi(m): 10:47am On Mar 22, 2015
Richy4:

Yes sir. I graduated from one of the state university in Nigeria before coming to Australia to pursue my Masters.

Okay. It's not strange news that you weren't victimized.

Most at times, it's the female undergraduates that suffer it.
Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by Onegai(f): 12:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
If she reports to another lecturer, she may find wahala brewing and at the end of the day, the two lecturers will bury the hatchet in her head and she will lose out the most when they settle.

Let her agree to meet him and that day, show up with Mummy and another big Aunty (who should look comfortable enough to have contacts who can deal with him). They will be utterly polite and friendly and the issue will be resolved amicably (Naija man dey fear woman wahala eh grin ). We're in Nigeria, handle it Naija-style.

2 Likes

Re: Who Takes Attendance At A Funeral? ??? by imsuboi(m): 12:44pm On Mar 22, 2015
Onegai:
If she reports to another lecturer, she may find wahala brewing and at the end of the day, the two lecturers will bury the hatchet in her head and she will lose out the most when they settle.

Let her agree to meet him and that day, show up with Mummy and another big Aunty (who should look comfortable enough to have contacts who can deal with him). They will be utterly polite and friendly and the issue will be resolved amicably (Naija man dey fear woman wahala eh grin ). We're in Nigeria, handle it Naija-style.

Lol. Thanks for this piece of advice. I'll communicate it to her cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Another Woman Brutalizes Housemaid In Ibadan / Appreciate Mama With A Song - It's Mother's Day! / Why Do Silicon Valley Male Billionaires Choose Average-looking Wives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.