Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 (1212 Views)

Video: APC Shaking As PDP Release Video Evidence Of How INEC Rigged Edo Election / Army Rigged For Ruling Party (PDP) – Oshiomhole / Children Scramble In Gutters For Noodles,sweets Thrown By PDP In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by Tundeajani(m): 11:55pm On Jan 15, 2015
The presidential candidate of the All
Progressives Congress (APC) in the
February 14, 2015 presidential
elections, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari
(retd), on Wednesday opened up a can
of worms on the conduct of the 2011
elections when he revealed that he had
no chance of winning the 2011
election because the computers of the
Independent National Electoral
Commission (INEC) were programmed
to cut his votes by 40 per cent.
Speaking on Wednesday at the general
election sensitisation workshop on
non-violence organised by the office of
the national security adviser to the
president and the office of the special
adviser to the president on inter-party
affairs in Abuja, he noted that the
manipulation was discovered when
agents of his party compared results
obtained on the field with what was
available on INEC computers.
“In 2011, I said that I, as presidential
candidate, would not go to court. But I
made sure my party went to court. We
spent about nine months, and again it
was the same story. There’s no way the
ruling party would lose judgment,” he
said.
“In 2011, from two states in the
northern part of the country, we were
lucky to get competent party agents.
When results started coming in from
some of the big states, we tried to get
the results that were announced, that
were physically brought to the INEC
headquarters in Abuja.
“Then we compared the results against
the INEC results, and put it in the
computer, and the adage, ‘cabbage in
cabbage out’ manifested itself. What
came out was that the presidential
candidate of that party was
programmed to lose 40% of its scores.
“When it was done in another state, it
was 60% or it was 26%. The agents
made a presentation and showed it to
them. Of course, INEC officials in charge
of the states must be computer literate;
we showed them: ‘This is what we got
from the field; we put it into your
computer, and the computer has been
programmed to discount us by 26%’.
“They said okay. They said yes; let the
party write. The party wrote, quoting
the example. We were even assured by
INEC that they would look into it. The
next thing we saw was the result being
announced that we had lost that
election.
“In 2011, some of you know that
retired Justice Salami headed the
tribunal for the presidential candidates,
which starts from the high court, and
again we made our presentation that
in a number of states the election was
not conducted according to electoral
act.
The states were mentioned, and we
demanded the register to be brought
to court to prove our case. “The panel
looked at it and they wrote INEC to
produce it. It was not produced; Justice
Salami was redeployed another justice
was brought who reversed that
decision that has become history.”
Buhari argued that before every
election, there must be an electoral act,
which was the case in 2002 for the
2003 election, in 2006 for the 2007
election, in 2010 for the 2011 election.
Last year, for a certain part of
December, I was waiting for the
electoral act for this year’s election, I
am yet to see one.”
Re: Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by Tundeajani(m): 11:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
Re: Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by akom0908(m): 11:57pm On Jan 15, 2015
They should not rigg this election cos it will make Nigeria break

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by akom0908(m): 12:00am On Jan 16, 2015
They shouldnt try any nonsense when Nigeria finally want to change through Buhari's reign...Abeg I want a changed nigeria not a broken nation

3 Likes

Re: Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by Tundeajani(m): 12:04am On Jan 16, 2015
akom0908:
They shouldnt try any nonsense when Nigeria finally want to change through Buhari's reign...Abeg I want a changed nigeria not a broken nation
uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by SeverusSnape(m): 12:26am On Jan 16, 2015
undecided
Re: Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by kestolove95(m): 12:48am On Jan 16, 2015
Dix buhari 3much...gej how far,wia d electoral act?no matter wetin u do..ur riggin no go work u most go back to otueke

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by FastShipping: 1:19am On Jan 16, 2015
We have no choice but to break-up if Jonathan should rig this election. I have been told that rigging is normally done in the computer room where results are entered into the system. How can result entered into the system be different from the result at the polling unit?

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by egift(m): 3:40am On Jan 16, 2015
If Jonathan and his party plan to rig this election in order to break the country, then their will be mistaken. Jonathan is heading home. The people's votes must count and the exact result announce.

APC must invest more in monitoring. Bring in the live pictures and videos of the results announcements.

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by PassingShot(m): 4:09am On Jan 16, 2015
Well, it's unfortunate that many Nigerians are just realizing that the 2011 election was massively rigged for Jonathan. I guess that's because of the sympathy he enjoyed then that many looked away.

Let's hope that we will not allow same to happen this time around in the belief that many have realized that Jonathan was/is a mistake that can only worsen our situation in this country.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by FastShipping: 4:11am On Jan 16, 2015
PassingShot:
Well, it's unfortunate that many Nigerians are just realizing that the 2011 election was massively rigged for Jonathan. I guess that's because of the sympathy he enjoyed then that many looked away.

Let's hope that we will not allow same to happen this time around in the belief that many have realized that Jonathan was/is a mistake that can only worsen our situation in this country.

That is why Jega is trying to prevent rigging that happened in the South-east and South-south in 2011 by demanding we use PVC. How Jonathan got 98% of voters turn out in some part of the East and South-south is beyond me.

3 Likes

Re: Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by nationwide1(m): 4:44am On Jan 16, 2015
Did Buhari tell how he and why he lost in 2003 and 2007? This was the reason I said signing any peace pact amounts to waste of time. Buhari can't honour it. His boys can't honour it too. Election will only be free and fair if Buhari / APC win ( s) otherwise it is rigged. Tell your family and friends currently resident in the north to relocate. Mayhem greater than that of 1966 will be unleashed because Buhari will loose.
Re: Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by nationwide1(m): 4:54am On Jan 16, 2015
PassingShot:

Why and how did Buhari loose in 2003 and 2007 polls? I'm not saying there's no rigging in Nigeria but I can see Buhari making the eternal mentality of the Fulanis counts here. They believe they are superior to any other tribe and should not loose in such contests for any reason. One of the reasons violence is inevitable should Buhari loose on Valentine's day.
Re: Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by Tundeajani(m): 3:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
undecided
ashiri tu
Re: Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by Tundeajani(m): 3:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
nationwide1:
Why and how did Buhari loose in 2003 and 2007 polls? I'm not saying there's no rigging in Nigeria but I can see Buhari making the eternal mentality of the Fulanis counts here. They believe they are superior to any other tribe and should not loose in such contests for any reason. One of the reasons violence is inevitable should Buhari loose on Valentine's day.
is common sense alien to you and your cohorts?
Re: Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by Tundeajani(m): 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2015
FastShipping:

That is why Jega is trying to prevent rigging that happened in the South-east and South-south in 2011 by demanding we use PVC. How Jonathan got 98% of voters turn out in some part of the East and South-south is beyond me.
true talk
Re: Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by Tundeajani(m): 3:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
FastShipping:
We have no choice but to break-up if Jonathan should rig this election. I have been told that rigging is normally done in the computer room where results are entered into the system. How can result entered into the system be different from the result at the polling unit?
alert
Re: Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:46pm On Jan 16, 2015
FastShipping:
In 2011 Tony Momoh raised the allegation of the use of a special software which reduces the votes of CPC.

(1) (Reply)

. / APC Has Been Misinforming Us: Transformation In Railway Cooperation / Pdp Vs Apc/labour Clash Chase People To Church(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.