Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Opinion: A Call For Nigerians To Boycott The Forthcoming Presidential Election. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: A Call For Nigerians To Boycott The Forthcoming Presidential Election. (457 Views)

Why You Should Boycott The Upcoming Nationwide Protest / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / 12 Reasons Why Gen Buhari Is Likely To Win The Forthcoming Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: A Call For Nigerians To Boycott The Forthcoming Presidential Election. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
For the first time since the annulled June 12 presidential election, I see ordinary Nigerians, who have no business with partisan politics, look forward with hope and anticipation at an electoral process that they believe will be the turning point in the history of Nigeria as a Nation.

For the first time in about 22 years, Nigerians have allowed themselves believe, ones again, that change can truly happen after February 14, 2015.

For the first time in a long while, I see ordinary Nigerians wanting to cast their votes for a candidate not because they have sold their votes and consciences for a bag of rice but because they truly believe their candidate is the right choice for Nigeria.

It is good to vote for, fight for, and if it comes to it, die for the possibility of bringing about a change in Nigeria that would mean a great future for our children, their children and their children's children. God knows I would very much want to be a part of this.

But the questions remain: are the available candidates the best for Nigeria? Can any of those candidates bring about a secure and better future for our children? Are those candidates worth dying for?

Buhari and Jonathan are not the messiahs we paint them to be. They are not the change Nigeria craves for. Both of them have been tested and both of them have failed in their attempt at making Nigeria anything near a land flowing with milk and honey.

On the 14th of February, 2015 I will not go out to cast my vote and risk my life in the process for those two undeserving individuals. I plead with Nigerians to stay at home and enjoy the valentines day with their loved ones instead of going out to risk their lives.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: A Call For Nigerians To Boycott The Forthcoming Presidential Election. by bakila: 1:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
Another one doe come again with another style ohh.
Re: Opinion: A Call For Nigerians To Boycott The Forthcoming Presidential Election. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 16, 2015
Gej till 2019...
Re: Opinion: A Call For Nigerians To Boycott The Forthcoming Presidential Election. by KanwuliaJara: 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Voting Statistic In 2015, Which Category Do You Belong?? / The Irony Of Fayose Controversial Advert. / Do We Really Need Change Or Transformation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.