Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,512 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

RCCG Pastor Says He Will Not Vote Buharibecause Of Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RCCG Pastor Says He Will Not Vote Buharibecause Of Osinbajo (985 Views)

Buhari Hates Igbos, Tinubu Crying Over Treatment Of Osinbajo, SW - Fani-kayode / Photos Of Osinbajo Viewing Election Results In APC Situation Room / Jonathan In Presence Of Osinbajo Receives Loud Ovations At Reedemed Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RCCG Pastor Says He Will Not Vote Buharibecause Of Osinbajo by Ayed44: 1:45pm On Jan 16, 2015
A Redeemed Pastor, Bribena Efiye, has taken a
position on the current political battle being waged
within the house of God as Nigeria’s 2015 tension-
soaked elections steadily draw closer.
“As a pastor in the RCCG, I will not vote for Buhari
simply because he has picked Osinbajo as his
running mate,” Efiye unequivocally stated in an
interview published by Nigeria’s Daily Sun.
“One can see the APC trying to launder the image of
someone who has consistently allied himself to
religious fundamentalism,” he continued. “A case in
point is Buhari’s utterances in the run up to the
2011 general elections where he categorically said
that Muslims should not vote for Christians and
that Northerners should not vote for a Southerner,”
Pastor Bribena proceeded.
“That, for me, is a very serious issue. So, the fact
that Prof Yemi Osinbajo, who is a pastor in the
RCCG, was picked as his running mate does not
take care of that issue. Rather, it makes one to
believe that picking Osinbajo is a deliberate
attempt to launder Buhari’s image. APC is only
trying to pull wool over the eyes of the Nigerian
electorate…”
Efiye insisted that Redeemed General Overseer
Pastor, Adeboye had not placed his political
allegiances in any political party despite reports
that he gave his blessing to Professor Yemi
Osinbajo to run as the vice presidential candidate
of Buhari.
“The propaganda machinery of APC is only trying to
create the impression that the GO of the RCCG and
the Church have backed Buhari because he picked
Osinbajo as his running mate. There is nothing that
is further from the truth… The G.O. has made it
clear that he is father of everybody because he has
children in both PDP and APC.”
In a statement also attributed to Efiye, the
Redeemed Pastor further accused APC of
deliberately attempting to cause division in the
church by their actions. “I want to advise the
propaganda machinery of APC to please leave the
church out of the murky of politics,” he said in a
statement also published by Nigeria’s Daily Sun.
The pastor was referring to a ‘faceless group’ who
called for a national prayer rally in Lagos but
actually had the ulterior motive of mobilising
support for APC.
“They shouldn’t drag the church into politics
because if they do, the church will become divided.
We don’t want what is happening in Enugu State to
happen,” he concluded.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/01/16/rccg-pastor-says-will-not-vote-buhari-osinbajo/

Re: RCCG Pastor Says He Will Not Vote Buharibecause Of Osinbajo by SweetJoystick(m): 1:52pm On Jan 16, 2015
Father in both PDP and APC as he has children in both parties? Smh
Re: RCCG Pastor Says He Will Not Vote Buharibecause Of Osinbajo by Ezedon(m): 2:04pm On Jan 16, 2015
He is really a father, Buhari is trying to confuse us by always picking a priest as his running mate, to claim he has nothing against the christians
Re: RCCG Pastor Says He Will Not Vote Buharibecause Of Osinbajo by temitemi1(m): 2:12pm On Jan 16, 2015
As a member of RCCG me n my entire family will not vote for him too tongue tongue tongue
Re: RCCG Pastor Says He Will Not Vote Buharibecause Of Osinbajo by Sconty09(m): 2:21pm On Jan 16, 2015
A liar pastor,when Pastor Adeboye supported jonathan in 2007, the church did not divided,why should it divided if he decided to support a VP from his Yoruba clan and member of his church? Hipocrisy of the order. Why can't they just remains neutral like the muslim scholars of the Yoruba land especially Lagos now that they lost governorship position though it's never an issue to us. Apart from the facts that Jonathan is a failure, Yoruba says "Omo eni o sedi bebere ka fileke sidi omo elomiran. Tell me why re niger delta desperate to re elect jonathan despite failure and why Me and my Yoruba clan should reject osinbajo with good quality leadership. Nigerians irrespective of religions want good governance and the benefits to all. I'm a muslim from yorubaland, i dont care if you're muslim or not, but be sincere,just and show equitable distribution of wealth like in UAE and inspires us.
Re: RCCG Pastor Says He Will Not Vote Buharibecause Of Osinbajo by johnmartus(m): 2:33pm On Jan 16, 2015
Who's efiye very useless man your body language also show that you are a card carrying of pdp after all am not sure efiye is a nigeria name sound like ghana name idiot
Re: RCCG Pastor Says He Will Not Vote Buharibecause Of Osinbajo by jamace(m): 3:43pm On Jan 16, 2015
That's right.

Politics hot so tey Buhari nearly do baptism for RCCG because of votes.

Buhari should know that most of us can not be fooled.
Re: RCCG Pastor Says He Will Not Vote Buharibecause Of Osinbajo by bokohalal(m): 4:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
The pastor is Ijaw so not unexpected.

(1) (Reply)

APC Gubernatorial Campaign Badagry Lagos / Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Hits The Gym....see Photos / Nigeria: The Men Behind The Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.