Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure (1504 Views)

Betty Akeredolu Sweeps Oja Oba Market In Akure (Photos) / Otox!!! Is There Light In UNIPORT Now? / How Is The Light Situation In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Feranmicharles(m): 10:16am On Jan 17, 2015
for the past four days akure and its citizens had been in darkness,no light. Please where actually is nigeria heading to? Pls if this topic could go far as I think,don't jus read and leave akure city. Help us do the needful,four days I repeat sad
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 17, 2015
So sad sad 9ja I love you,buh our leader ain't doin well... Akurecians e pele o, na wa oo sad

GEJ hope say u dey hear and Gov. Mimiko
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by emiye(m): 10:22am On Jan 17, 2015
Can someone Market GEJ in the light of the following : angry

1. 400,000 barrels of oil stolen daily, yet pipeline protection contracts running in to billions of Naira in the hands of terrorists/militants

2. increased petrol price from 65-97naira in a period of oil boom over 110usd/barrel consistently for years,

3. power supply has not seen any worthwhile improvement 5 years down the line, it is still the same 4,000mw bullshittt+- , i have been hearing since the Obj regime . I just saw a protest on Channelstv of Benin youths destroying properties of the distribution company in care of the region due to poor power supply to their area

4. Thrillions used in paying fraudulent kerosene subsidy annually, that same amount can build four (4.) or more large scale refineries and there would be change. Yet kerosene sold at over N120 to the populace instead of the claimed N50. Refined petroleum products still imported to the detriment of the country's foreign exchange.

5 Excess crude oil account wiped out, external debt profile rising again after debt relief of 2005, and OBJ's pay off of debt. Foreign reserve account depleting.

6. Several local govts taken over by BH, and BH obviously is enlarging its coast, over 2,000 killed in Baga days ago, yet the man does not appear bothered. Military men at warfront claims military weapons are inadequate and not up to date.

7. Failed to diversify the economy after 5 years, but simply lip service, 70% of the budget still on recurrent expenditure in a developing country that needs lots of physical infrastructures .

8. No concrete plan for grand scale unemployment that is a ticking time bomb, but minimalist approach like "youwin" that provides 1,000 jobs annually in a country with hundreds of million unemployed youth.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Kenai: 10:22am On Jan 17, 2015
We've had 17 hours electricity here in urban Imo.
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Feranmicharles(m): 10:26am On Jan 17, 2015
And some would still say GEJ till.... Blah blah blah
emiye:

Can someone Market GEJ in the light of the following : angry

1. 400,000 barrels of oil stolen daily, yet pipeline protection contracts running in to billions of Naira in the hands of terrorists/militants

2. increased petrol price from 65-97naira in a period of oil boom over 110usd/barrel consistently for years,

3. power supply has not seen any worthwhile improvement 5 years down the line, it is still the same 4,000mw bullshittt+- , i have been hearing since the Obj regime . I just saw a protest on Channelstv of Benin youths destroying properties of the distribution company in care of the region due to poor power supply to their area

4. Thrillions used in paying fraudulent kerosene subsidy annually, that same amount can build four (4.) or more large scale refineries and there would be change. Yet kerosene sold at over N120 to the populace instead of the claimed N50. Refined petroleum products still imported to the detriment of the country's foreign exchange.

5 Excess crude oil account wiped out, external debt profile rising again after debt relief of 2005, and OBJ's pay off of debt. Foreign reserve account depleting.

6. Several local govts taken over by BH, and BH obviously is enlarging its coast, over 2,000 killed in Baga days ago, yet the man does not appear bothered. Military men at warfront claims military weapons are inadequate and not up to date.

7. Failed to diversify the economy after 5 years, but simply lip service, 70% of the budget still on recurrent expenditure in a developing country that needs lots of physical infrastructures .

8. No concrete plan for grand scale unemployment that is a ticking time bomb, but minimalist approach like "youwin" that provides 1,000 jobs annually in a country with hundreds of million unemployed youth.

1 Like

Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Feranmicharles(m): 10:29am On Jan 17, 2015
Kenai:
hmm... That's has been the highest hour(s) of stable power supply in imo,I guess. But do you know,benin republic that's near to nigeria has full and stable power supply 24/7

9ja is richer than this country(BR) SMHsad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 17, 2015
Kenai:

9ja is still gonna be great someday. Just be calm!!!
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by ozoigbondu: 10:34am On Jan 17, 2015
Sorry oooh but here for GRA onitsha light dey since 2:15 am last night till now

1 Like

Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 17, 2015
Are sure you really living in akure, I work at ijapo and stay in oyemekun vicinity since the beginning of this year akure have been enjoy constant light, so I don't know part of akure that are in darkness or you are one those bad belle
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Feranmicharles(m): 10:40am On Jan 17, 2015
malonephills:
Are sure you really living in akure, I work at ijapo and stay in oyemekun vicinity since the beginning of this year akure have been enjoy constant light, so I don't know part of akure that are in darkness or you are one those bad belle
"I said past four days" lemme ask u dis. Are u d landlord of d house you're living If no,then go ask him that "sir the month is about to come to an end,sir I jus wanna know how much I've spent on petrol for the generator,so that you can pay it as at when due" cos am very sure that your landlord go on gen 4 u guys,and u tink its NEPA smh
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Ramon92: 10:41am On Jan 17, 2015
malonephills:
help me ask am o..
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Feranmicharles(m): 10:43am On Jan 17, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Sorry oooh but here for GRA onitsha light dey since 2:15 am last night till now
see nigerians o, I bet you that come afternoon then u shall underrstand the full the meaning of P.H.C.N
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 17, 2015
Same as ijapo estate in akure, the light is ON since 10pm yesterday till now

Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Feranmicharles(m): 10:47am On Jan 17, 2015
Ramon92:
help me ask am o..
are u also living at ijapo?
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 17, 2015
Perhaps he's living around those rural area where electricity hasn't gotten to
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Feranmicharles(m): 10:49am On Jan 17, 2015
malonephills:
Same as ijapo estate in akure, the light is ON since 10pm yesterday till now
and u r happy with it,then let's wait till 12noon to see wonder sad
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Feranmicharles(m): 10:51am On Jan 17, 2015
malonephills:
Perhaps he's living around those rural area where electricity hasn't gotten to
you don't mean it Oke ijebu and igoba are rural area,wow(bravo)
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 17, 2015
Seriously I can't understand what you just put here, but lemme give answer to ur first sentence, you said "last four days", I said since jan1 we have been enjoy constant light can't you get
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by boolet: 11:02am On Jan 17, 2015
@ op, u need charity comments and you've got them. I'm in Akure and there's been light everywhere I turn to. Shagari, High School, FUTA axis etc. Where do you live?
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Feranmicharles(m): 11:07am On Jan 17, 2015
boolet:
@ op, u need charity comments and you've got them. I'm in Akure and there's been light everywhere I turn to. Shagari, High School, FUTA axis etc. Where do you live?
you will surly knw d sensiblee one(s). Na igoba me I dey man
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 17, 2015
It a pity that you haven't given me any fact about you story but lies my accountant stay at igoba while one of my security at my place of work stay at okeijebu plaza to be precised, so I don't where in these places you're use to that they have been experience darkness...
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 17, 2015
Are sure your house is connected to power light? This just Fictitious story
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by Ramon92: 1:04pm On Jan 17, 2015
Feranmicharles:
are u also living at ijapo?
nah, oda road
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by oluwaseuntitilo(f): 11:53pm On Jul 28, 2018
Please how is power supply in alagbaka estate
Re: Is There Light In Your Area? Darkeness In Akure by worldman(m): 12:11am On Jul 29, 2018
20bhrs electricity In rumubekwe port Harcourt

(1) (Reply)

PDP Releases Official Statement On Obasanjo's quit / . / No Individual Should Own An Oil Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.