Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

The Introduction Of Juvenile Suicide Bombers A Danger Signal That Must Be Checke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Introduction Of Juvenile Suicide Bombers A Danger Signal That Must Be Checke (635 Views)

Soyinka: "Let's Boycott Cow Meat, Boko Haram May Use Cattle As Suicide Bombers" / Suicide Bombers Hit Borno Mosque / Boko Haram Releases Pics Of Abuja Suicide Bombers;takes Responsibility Of Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Introduction Of Juvenile Suicide Bombers A Danger Signal That Must Be Checke by bensonuche: 1:32pm On Jan 17, 2015
The introduction of juvenile suicide bombers a danger signal that must be checked.

By Uche Aguoru

The recent use of infants as young as ten years and below by Boko haram as suicide bombers in the northern eastern part of Nigeria is a very dangerous and wicked tactics that deserves condemnation from the international community.

The recent attack on a GSM market in Potiskum Yobe state that left hundreds dead and so many more with different degrees of burns and injuries using a ten year old girl child with an explosive device strapped around her is the recent in a spate of suicide bombing attacks on innocent Nigerians using infants and women in their illogical campaign against the Nigerian state, many have argued that it is politically motivated while others say it is as a result of long time negligence by the northern rulers and the Nigerian government in general.

in as much as we may attribute this madness to a lot of factors the fact still remains that their is no logical excuse that will warrant a human being to engage in such a mass murder of fellow human beings in the name of either politics or religion.

The United Nations has randomly condemned the use of child soldiers in the prosecution of any form of war thereby making it a war crime for any body who engages children and women in the battle fields, no matter the excuse that the Nigerian government and the international community may want to adduce, this is the time for the International community,the united nations and the Nigerian state should stand up in unison against the boko haram sect, the kidnapping of the 200 chibok girls by the boko haram sect is still a mystery yet to be uncovered by either the Nigerian government and the International community. the international community has done little or nothing in defence of the chibok girls.
The Nigerian military I believe has done so much to curtail the insurgency but the excuse of sabotage within the military will no longer be tolerated by the Nigerian populace who watch their loved ones being killed on daily basis in the hands of these mindless criminals.

the killing of Charlie Hebdo and other people in France last week by some Islamic militants attracted the attention of the international community leading to world leaders gathering in France in condemnation of the barbaric act and to show solidarity with the French government and people, but in Nigeria these brutal killings has been going on for years now and the world has paid little or no attention to it, to me all the international community has done is to pay lip service to the insurgency going on in Nigeria at the moment.

I don't want to blame the Nigerian government any more for the activities of the boko haram sect because terrorism has become a world wide phenomenon and no country as at today can be said to be safe from terrorist attacks given the rate at which some of this Islamic extremists launch attacks in towns and cities across the globe.

The role of religion in this madness cannot be pushed under the carpet, in as much as I cant put the blame on any particular religion but I may be tempted to say that Islam cannot be completely distanced from the current terrorism going on across the world, as most of the perpetrators of this evil act has been chanting Islamic slogans or attribute the success of their barbaric act on Allah, in Nigeria it has been reported that some of the attacks were planned inside mosques before being carried out.

Can Nigeria solve this problem of insurgency alone? my honest answer is NO.

If the international community can come in to assist Nigeria in this fight against boko haram I am confident that the war will be won as I believe in the honest resolve of the Nigerian government to put an end to this menace. the international community and some world powers who in the past has indicated interest to assist the Nigerian community has declined their assistance simply because Nigeria did not agree to some of their requests and they even went ahead to block some of the sources where Nigeria usually procure arms from thereby forcing the federal government to look for alternative sources like the black market to secure ammunition for our soldiers.

The northern elites will also do the country and them selves a lot of good by exposing those behind these wickedness as against the claim that the perpetrators of this evil act usually come from outside of the country, the Nigerian immigration service should also live up to their duty by ensuring that our borders are atleast 80% secured and the customs on their own will also do their best to stop illegal arms and ammunition from coming into the country, while central bank will on their part monitor all international and local fund transfers because such sophisticated war that has been waged by the boko haram sect against the Nigerian state cannot be successful without funding either internationally or locally, on the part of our politicians we all should join hands in the fight against terrorism rather than use it as a political point against opponents while parents should watch and report their wards to security agencies once we discover that he or she is doing what we are not comfortable with or are keeping company that we suspect to be criminal as no body can be said to be safe from the insurgency going on in Nigeria today

I believe if we all do our part the war against terrorism will be won

Aguoru

writes from Umuahia
Re: The Introduction Of Juvenile Suicide Bombers A Danger Signal That Must Be Checke by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
"All is fair in love and war".
Re: The Introduction Of Juvenile Suicide Bombers A Danger Signal That Must Be Checke by moderatorr1: 4:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
Karama is a biatch

(1) (Reply)

You Can't Stop The Prophet / Diversity For Development In Lagos / I Lack Administrative Experience," Jonathan Told US Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.