Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,778 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Her Bitter Experience With Firstbank - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Her Bitter Experience With Firstbank (1366 Views)

Firstmobile App - Do It Yourself With Firstbank Mobile App / A Nairalander Bitter Experience With One Chance Robbers / Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Bitter Experience With Firstbank by Crystalline(f): 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
On the 23rd of July, 2014 I did a transfer through FirstMonie into my FCMB account but unfortunately I input the wrong account number, interchanged numbers in the account number.

Luckily for me, when I got to FCMB the next morning, I confirmed the wrong account existed and the money I transferred was still in the account, so I had to request for a hold to be placed on the money.

I went to FirstBank and told them what had happened and what I had done to secure the money, so they should retrieve the money. First, the guy told me "Ehen now, since the money is in FCMB and you have an account with them, go and tell them to get the money from the person's account and put in your FCMB account."

I was surprised because even though I didn't have any banking experience, I knew that was definitely not the way to go about reversing a transaction.

After much, a more knowledgeable person came and asked me to fill a form, which I did and left. In my anger, I also raised other issues I had with them in the past and requested they all be resolved no matter how small the money was.

I also sent them several mails and contacted them on twitter- I heard it was faster.

I'm so disappointed that on the 23rd of January, it is going to be 6 months since I complained about this issue and they just keep saying they are investigating. For SIX WHOLE months I'm not sure how long it would have taken other banks to resolve this same issue but FIRSTBANK is a double no for me.

If you lose your money in any FirstBank transaction, you can't TRUST firstbank to retrieve the money. It's such a shame.
Re: Her Bitter Experience With Firstbank by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2015
beg fcmb and collect the fcmb person's number and negotiate.
he/she must have chop the money already.
Re: Her Bitter Experience With Firstbank by Crystalline(f): 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2015
krall:
beg fcmb and collect the fcmb person's number and negotiate.
he/she must have chop the money already.

The money is still there in the account because of the hold on it, d person's number isn't connecting.
Re: Her Bitter Experience With Firstbank by ArchEnemy(m): 2:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
berra look for someone who knows someone that works in that firstbank that can help you...you know how things go in Naija na.
Or as earlier prescribed, keep looking for a way to find the owner of the account
Re: Her Bitter Experience With Firstbank by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
Crystalline:

The money is still there in the account because of the hold on it, d person's number isn't connecting.
6 months is too long. i have never liked this first bank. if fcmb could withold the cash, if you know how to, maybe you can persuade them to debit it from that account.
how much btw?
Re: Her Bitter Experience With Firstbank by Crystalline(f): 2:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
ArchEnemy:
berra look for someone who knows someone that works in that firstbank that can help you...you know how things go in Naija na.
Or as earlier prescribed, keep looking for a way to find the owner of the account

Ok, thanks
Re: Her Bitter Experience With Firstbank by Crystalline(f): 2:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
krall:
6 months is too long. i have never liked this first bank. if fcmb could withold the cash, if you know how to, maybe you can persuade them to debit it from that account.
how much btw?

Re: Her Bitter Experience With Firstbank by obua: 4:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
Read about fbn mobile transfers before accusing the bank. Money transfered incorrectly by you. How can fbn retrieve the money when Fcmb cannot contact the Fcmb account holder.
Re: Her Bitter Experience With Firstbank by stnkembu(m): 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
Things like this happen daily. FBN cannot forcefully retrieve the fund from FCMB.
The normal practise is for FCMB to seek the consent of the account owner to reverse the money either back to FBN or to the correct account in FCMB.
Re: Her Bitter Experience With Firstbank by Crystalline(f): 5:35pm On Jan 17, 2015
stnkembu:
Things like this happen daily. FBN cannot forcefully retrieve the fund from FCMB.
The normal practise is for FCMB to seek the consent of the account owner to reverse the money either back to FBN or to the correct account in FCMB.

Okay, like I mentioned, I do not knw much about banking. However, I was given given this explanation by FirstBank, I believe it would have helped alot. The annoying thing is that, you ask them to explain what is going on, how far they have gone in rectifying the issue and they just completely ignore you. Not a single word at all, and that -my friend- is so painful.

Thanks for the info though

(1) (Reply)

If You Never Did Any Of These, You Must Be An 'indomie Pikin' / I Hate Seeing Jobless People Inlove / How Do I Contact A Moderator On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.