Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,772 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:55 AM

I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis (29359 Views)

Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" / Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / If Someone Insults My Mother, I Will Punch Them- Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by zyonpendrahgon: 6:45am On Jan 19, 2015
DDeliverer:
That is to say, if I insult you, you'll probably break my head..
And if I slap you, you'll probably kill me..

Matt5:39..But I say unto you, that ye resist not eveil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also..

The jesus I know preached peace...but his followers, I don't understand them..
oga i think it was a sarcasm to butress his point. he s just trying to calm rising tension from d charlie hebdo case...... anyways your opinion tho.
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by peteregwu(m): 8:12am On Jan 19, 2015
DickDastardly:

Your type in islam make up isis, alshabab, bokoharam etal
Always annoyingly senseless.
Go to hell! cool

why won't tell me to go hell. people like you follow what you like, because you prefer the lies to the truth in the bible. if not, you wouldn't have made such statements.
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by peteregwu(m): 8:29am On Jan 19, 2015
chalbert:
I believe the 'mother' he's talking about is mother Mary. So respect the Christian mother

their is nothing like christian mother in the church. Jesus is the head of the church. Catholic does not teach the truth in the bible, they teach heresies. Their teaching is anti Jesus.

Ephesians 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by KLand(m): 8:50am On Jan 19, 2015
wordcat:
Though the Angels have been sleeping with daughters of men but Joseph been suffering from poverty lacks absolute control over his wife and as such his wife, Mary the mother of Jesus committed an adultery with Angel Gabriel.

The Pope knows this but refused to tell it to his church members. Hope I will not receive a blow from the pope tonight?

I know ignorance when I see it.
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by peteregwu(m): 9:12am On Jan 19, 2015
MANY OF YOU SUPPORTING POPE IS ERRING BECAUSE YOU KNOW NOT WHAT IS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE. AS A TRUE BELIEVER, AND ONE THAT HAS LOVE FOR JESUS AND THAT WANTS TO MAKE HEAVEN, FOR YOU TO SUPPORT ANYONE STATEMENT, IT MUST FALL IN LINE WITH GOD'S WORD IN THE BIBLE. IF IT DOESN'T, THEN IT SHOULDNT BE PRAYER, IT MUST BE CONDEMNED.

NOW READ THE VERSES BELOW FROM THE BIBLE BY YOURSELF ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE IF THE PEOPLE WAS RIGHT OR WRONG. REMEMBER, IT IS THE WORD OF GOD IN THE BIBLE THAT WILL JUDGE US IN THE LAST DAY.

Romans 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

1 Corinthians 4:12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:

Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Matthew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Matthew 11:6 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me. Romans 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by peteregwu(m): 9:23am On Jan 19, 2015
lomprico:

The pope is only preaching respect for other religion. We are humans n if I insult u know u will pick offence. Like wise if I insult or mock ur beliefs u will react. Oyedepo slapped a girl for calling herself a witch for jesus, does that make him a non christian? Read btw the lines bro.

1 Corinthians 4:12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:

Pope or oyedepo is not the standard of Christianity, the bible is our standard. Don't let them deceive you. Oyedepo slapped a watched, but Jesus commanded uss to cast out demons In his name, not with hot okra soup slap. So, who broke the law? I leave it to you to judge
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by peteregwu(m): 9:31am On Jan 19, 2015
texazzpete:

Strange you didn't come out with such condemnation when oyedepo slapped that underage girl in church.

The problem with so many Christians is ignorance of God's in the bible. What does the bible teaches? And who are you following his word or life.... Jesus, Pope, or oyedepo? So oyedepo take up gun and killed a witch, you too will do the same right?

Judge by yourself by th word of Go if pope is guilty of his statement or not?

Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Matthew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by peteregwu(m): 9:37am On Jan 19, 2015
sagaciousblog:
so if someone shud insult his mum, he should be quiet??come on, that you are a christian doesnt make u a mumu..

Yes being a true Christian makes us foolish and mumu to the world. The way of the Bible is so foolish to the world that the world prefer to wipe Christians out of the face of the earth. What happened to jesus, and was he killed? Because his ways was foolish to the world and contradicts their own way. And Jesus says, Matthew 16:24 "If any man will follow me, let him deny himself, take up his cross and follow me."

So we become fools for heave sake, and its worth it. Pope is never a Christian and never preaches the gospel. Have you very heard where Pope says people should be born again?
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by peteregwu(m): 9:44am On Jan 19, 2015
Justfollowit:

God himself knows that we can't abide by all his rules that is we are obliged to ask for his forgiveness and try to remember at all times. We can only try to do our best and hope for his mercy, After all we are nothing but humans.

He spoke like a true human not like some holier than thous

That's exactly why Jesus says ;

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by peteregwu(m): 9:49am On Jan 19, 2015
Justfollowit:

God himself knows that we can't abide by all his rules that is we are obliged to ask for his forgiveness and try to remember at all times. We can only try to do our best and hope for his mercy, After all we are nothing but humans.

He spoke like a true human not like some holier than thous

Matthew 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

So my friend, if you want to make heaven, following Jesus is the key an not following pope or human.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by peteregwu(m): 10:01am On Jan 19, 2015
muktarmtt:
so now pop is not a christian cos he didn't sport mocking of Muslim prophet hypocrisy of the highest oder Mtcheew

You err because you don't seem to understand the bible. That's not what am saying or what I meant. What I meant was that punching someone because he insulted ones mother is not right as a Christian. The bible never told us to do that. What the bible says is we should pray for our enemies, bless those that curse and also pray for those that persecute or despiselfully use us.

Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 5:40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by peteregwu(m): 10:05am On Jan 19, 2015
oooooohh:
i dont see anything wrong with what he has said to warrant this insult, allow God to choose his followers and pls dnt tells us abt who is real and who is not real, leave that to God, and try to establish a better relationship wit God, den i bet u will undastnd that criticism was neva a part in the teachings of JESUS while on earth.

You are trying to be wise but you are not. So was popes statement part of Jesus teaching. Pope that claim to be a priest and a Christian is teaching his followers the wrong gospel. You will not object you don't understand the world of and you dontdot even study it. And that is how one day pope will tell to kill and you say let it be.

Be wise my friend.

Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 5:40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by wordcat(m): 10:25am On Jan 19, 2015
KLand:

I know ignorance when I see it.

Don't tell me your god is wise by sleeping with another man's wife?
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by KENFERDYOORI(m): 10:38am On Jan 19, 2015
grandstar:
DDeliverer knows the bible better than you. happy are the ones hearing the word and keeping (luke 11:28)

HOW CAN U AFFIRM THE VALIDITY OF WHAT U'RE SAYING.
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by texazzpete(m): 10:59am On Jan 19, 2015
peteregwu:

The problem with so many Christians is ignorance of God's in the bible. What does the bible teaches? And who are you following his word or life.... Jesus, Pope, or oyedepo? So oyedepo take up gun and killed a witch, you too will do the same right?

Judge by yourself by th word of Go if pope is guilty of his statement or not?

Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

The problem with people like you is that you lack the basic education to comprehend written English.

Go and read my post and see if it can be construed in any way was support for Oyedepo's actions on that day. Give yourself a knock on your head while you're at it
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by Chiechezonam: 11:25am On Jan 19, 2015
[b][/b]Tell the Pope to preach Love and not to support vice.

In the old testament, God struck some isrealites dead just because the attempted fighting for him by protecting the ark of God from falling down.
That was how we christians came to believe that we cannot fight for God. Now why must a mortal being fight for an immortal being like God ? Why must muslims fight for their Gos? Doesnt their God have powers to consume ? Mr poster.. Many people have made mockery of Jesus christ in magazines and did christians kill anyone ? So why are u so much intrested in this case?

danaiks:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/pope-francis-ill-punch-anyone-4987451
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by EvilBrain1(m): 12:59pm On Jan 19, 2015
I changed my mind, the pope is absolutely right. /s

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by simdam500(m): 9:26pm On Jan 19, 2015
the pope must have meant.... he don't joke with his mother.....

basically simple!!!!!!!

like I won't punch any niccur who fvck with my mother too...
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by Nobody: 2:55am On Jan 20, 2015
peteregwu:

Matthew 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

So my friend, if you want to make heaven, following Jesus is the key an not following pope or human.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Do you actually expect me to read this?

I am not a Christian therefore the Pope is not my Messiah or anything.

I was trying to tell you reasons why you should think like a human and have reasonable expectations of humans regardless of the status quo. The pope's statement showed his humanity and he is unlike most prophets who try so hard to be called divine.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by KLand(m): 5:36am On Jan 20, 2015
wordcat:

Don't tell me your god is wise by sleeping with another man's wife?

So convenient for you to say that. But that's not the correct picture. It was a Supernatural conception, no physical contacts involved. The only way to bring to earth the saviour of the world. You have the right right not to believe it, but it doesn't change the truth about it.
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by wordcat(m): 9:04am On Jan 20, 2015
KLand:

So convenient for you to say that. But that's not the correct picture. It was a Supernatural conception, no physical contacts involved. The only way to bring to earth the saviour of the world. You have the right right not to believe it, but it doesn't change the truth about it.

Conception is Conception whether Supernatural or Softnatural.

By the way; to save the world from who exactly?
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by KLand(m): 5:29am On Jan 21, 2015
wordcat:

Conception is Conception whether Supernatural or Softnatural.

By the way; to save the world from who exactly?

To save the world from sin and eternal damnation. To restore man back to God through his death and resurrection.
Whoever believes in Jesus will not perish but have eternal life life.
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by lomprico(m): 10:14am On Jan 21, 2015
peteregwu:

Pope or oyedepo is not the standard of Christianity, the bible is our standard. Don't let them deceive you. Oyedepo slapped a watched, but Jesus commanded uss to cast out demons In his name, not with hot okra soup slap. So, who broke the law? I leave it to you to judge
The pope did not break any law. He only made the statement to buttress on tolerance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent / Obayi Paul Martins Undergoes 3 Days Fasting, Allows Himself To Be Flogged (Pics) / Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.