Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. (2200 Views)

Akeredolu Honours Abiola, Renames Akure Democracy Park To MKO Abiola Park / Has GMB/APC Lost Momentum??? Who Will Win The Middle Belt, Ondo, & Ekiti???? / Senator Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan (Governorship Candidate) Shines At APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by mamajohn(f): 10:20pm On Jan 17, 2015
I found this very funny. I drove to Oja-Oba in Akure this evening to buy some stuffs only to find out that the expansive Democracy Park that usually serve as Car Park to the Large market when no political activity is taking place there, is under lock and key. The place has hosted all political rallies in the state since it was built few years ago.
The giant gates leading to the park has been rolled up and padlocked with giant keys.
Confused about where to park my vehicle or make a u-turn in the ever crowded narrow road leading to the park, I came down from my Toyota 4 Runner truck to ask from people around why the gates were locked. To my amazement, I was informed that the state government locked the park to prevent GMB/APC from using it whenever their campaign train gets to Akure the Ondo State capital.
Isn't this funny? Is this democracy? The question in the mouth of the traders and users of the park is "will the closure of the park prevent them from voting GMB"? Someone even said GMB should come and hold his rally in the street of Akure if all the official places for such programmes are not released for his use. Recall that the Ondo State command of the Nigeria Police Force teargassed a tumultuous crowd participating in a pro-APC rally in Akure last week on the instruction of the governor, Is this how Dr Mimiko will get the one million votes he promised to give to GEJ in Ondo State? my comment on the attitude of the governor is that this time shall pass and when we remember this time, we shall think about the role of Dr Mimiko in stifling democracy in Nigeria. It took the assistance of a more experienced driver to help move my vehicle out of the artificial logjam created by the governor of Ondo State for political reasons. Well my PVC is kept in a very secured place where no one will dispossess me of it, it is going to give GEJ minus one vote from me, cheers!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by papercoin(m): 10:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
Let's go there *wetin good for tolotolo na em still good for turkey.
Everybody should start campaigning according to their muscle(influence wetin be all dis english sef I mean force).

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by Skako(m): 10:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
Shey na him money use build ham?

2 Likes

Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by debonairprinx(m): 10:30pm On Jan 17, 2015
well, that's democracy for you in these part of the world. But putting sentiments apart, the opposition can do likewise.
Its just how they think things works around here, am in gov't so I'll do anything I like and to whomever I like. I don't care. that's why the western society will always make mockery of us regarding our lugubrious policies.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by wwwkaycom(m): 10:53pm On Jan 17, 2015
Governor Amaechi of Rivers State is doing the same thing to GEJ/PDP. So its tit for tat. Please moderators, let this be in front page too since that of Amaechi and GEJ/PDP is in front page, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by gebest: 11:04pm On Jan 17, 2015
u refused Apc to use ur facilities in ondo state, Amaechi refuses Pdp to use his facilities in rivers state as well, one one.

5 Likes

Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by gen2briz(m): 11:23pm On Jan 17, 2015
Even if he lock the entire Ondo state, he can never stop the love people get for the general.
#changejonathan
#changeispossible
#GMB till Mimiko get sense.

6 Likes

Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by ellechrystal(f): 11:32pm On Jan 17, 2015
Na wa for politicians o. I tire for them.
N they say they r educated?
Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by san316(m): 11:53pm On Jan 17, 2015
Mimiko causing more harm to his political career and that of goofluck. we just have less that a monthto the polls. thix is a period where all politicians should be in their best behaviour. but our dumb poithiefcians. don't know that.

6 Likes

Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by wwwkaycom(m): 5:35am On Jan 18, 2015
gen2briz:
Even if he lock the entire Ondo state, he can never stop the love people get for the general.
#changejonathan
#changeispossible
#GMB till Mimiko get sense.
Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by wengerjay(m): 5:39am On Jan 18, 2015
Politics sha
Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by theV0ice: 5:44am On Jan 18, 2015
so ameachi had a mentor in mimiko after all......
Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by damoskiy(m): 6:18am On Jan 18, 2015
One one....
Apc Change....
Did Goodluck Ebele Jonathan build the stadium he wants to use in Rivers State....
So enjoying this game
Buhari till Jonathan becomes a pastor....

Mods front page....

3 Likes

Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by funshybam(m): 6:50am On Jan 18, 2015
mamajohn:
I found this very funny. I drove to Oja-Oba in Akure this evening to buy some stuffs only to find out that the expansive Democracy Park that usually serve as Car Park to the Large market when no political activity is taking place there, is under lock and key. The place has hosted all political rallies in the state since it was built few years ago.
The giant gates leading to the park has been rolled up and padlocked with giant keys.
Confused about where to park my vehicle or make a u-turn in the ever crowded narrow road leading to the park, I came down from my Toyota 4 Runner truck to ask from people around why the gates were locked. To my amazement, I was informed that the state government locked the park to prevent GMB/APC from using it whenever their campaign train gets to Akure the Ondo State capital.
Isn't this funny? Is this democracy? The question in the mouth of the traders and users of the park is "will the closure of the park prevent them from voting GMB"? Someone even said GMB should come and hold his rally in the street of Akure if all the official places for such programmes are not released for his use. Recall that the Ondo State command of the Nigeria Police Force teargassed a tumultuous crowd participating in a pro-APC rally in Akure last week on the instruction of the governor, Is this how Dr Mimiko will get the one million votes he promised to give to GEJ in Ondo State? my comment on the attitude of the governor is that this time shall pass and when we remember this time, we shall think about the role of Dr Mimiko in stifling democracy in Nigeria. It took the assistance of a more experienced driver to help move my vehicle out of the artificial logjam created by the governor of Ondo State for political reasons. Well my PVC is kept in a very secured place where no one will dispossess me of it, it is going to give GEJ minus one vote from me, cheers!

if you are not as daft as your handlers, you should know that you don't just barge into a "democracy park" in any state without prior application/expression of interest. ... you don't just drum and dance into a venue without first reserving the place if you are law abiding and from all your rants here, u didnt say they applied and were denied use of the place....
..... in case you don't read/listen to news, PDP despite being in control of Federal Government applied for the stadium in Porthacourt but was denied by Amechi. ... pls stop peddling lies
Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by blym4real: 7:01am On Jan 18, 2015
Those blaming amaechi should also do the same to mimiko.
Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by ayukdaboss(m): 7:07am On Jan 18, 2015
GMB TILL TANOIDS AND PDP GET SENSE.

4 Likes

Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by Austin4lif: 7:25am On Jan 18, 2015
My simple question is" will south south ever rule Nigeria again? They throw d baby with d water. Instead of them to support their son d are aainsst him. Well, after GMB it will be igbo turn or we turn this country up side down.
Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by Alphaoscar: 7:33am On Jan 18, 2015
Mimiko is on a mission to fail. We will beat him fair and square in his backyard.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by Kingspin(m): 7:44am On Jan 18, 2015
All these APC people wetin Buhari chop una go soon chop una own.
Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by Kingspin(m): 7:46am On Jan 18, 2015
blym4real:
Those blaming amaechi should also do the same to mimiko.
Wait to hear from APC camp.
Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by Yazmin: 7:56am On Jan 18, 2015
mamajohn:

What model of Toyota four runner did you get down from.
If you don't tell me the model then I believe you are hiding more information in the story build up as you are in the car model....

Shalom!!!! lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by ketiy77: 7:58am On Jan 18, 2015
[size=68pt]Up ondo state[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by schrondinger: 8:00am On Jan 18, 2015
Mimiko attitude in recent days is seriouly affecting the chance of jona in ondo state.
Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 18, 2015
She's truly a daft person, I don't know when women also became a political liars, my questn is wht happen to APC campaign ground at leo....or have ever heard in history of politics in ondo state that incubent party use same campaign ground wiv opposition party even during d time of adefarati
Re: Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. by mamajohn(f): 5:54pm On Jan 18, 2015
Yazmin:

What model of Toyota four runner did you get down from.
If you don't tell me the model then I believe you are hiding more information in the story build up as you are in the car model....

Shalom!!!! lipsrsealed
Asking for the model of my Four Runner! Ah, that one Na wa o! Why not also ask about the plate number, so that you can go and tell the Iroko goons to follow after me abi! No way Sir! The park is still under lock and key as at this evening, the question is how will that stop me from voting for the beloved people's general come FeBuhari 14! Even my darling husband who hitherto had been neutral in political matters has been bitten by the Sai Buhari bug, GEJ must go Sir, its GMB all the way, Happy Sunday!

(1) (Reply)

Gej Commisioning Train In Gombe--- Channels Tv / Why Is Osinbajo Only Campaigning In The West? / Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Interview @ Chatham House Is Now Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.