Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. (6351 Views)

Reps To Increase Fuel Price By N5 For Roads / Nigerians React To The Possible Increase In The Petrol Price Of 145/litre To 152 / Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 18, 2015
hombre:

Bro this is simple. Factor in the transportation costs per barrel of refined products. And make other deductions,it still doesn't add up. Ok let's assume that the handling costs increases by a percentage that is not too high. The percentage reduction on crude price is high na. From an average of 100 to 46. Bros do the mathematics na....
Pls this is not rocket science Oº°˚˚°º .

I have given you a simple mathematical example above.

It is definitely not rocket science!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Caseless: 11:00pm On Jan 18, 2015
Juliaann:
mumu don't quote me again
u never see anything. I shall frustrate u on this forum. Other loose gals like u that I dealt with in the past, ended up leaving the forum. I go fvck u b4 I chase u out.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by hombre(m): 11:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
mikeansy:
all lets do a simple calcilation

Cost of crude 10 naira

Cost of Logistics and manufacturing and profit 15

Cost of PMS = 10 + 15 = 25

If crude reduce by 50% to 5 naira

Cost of new PMS = 5 + 15 = 20

Hence while crude has reduce by 50%; PMS has only reduced by 20% because every other variable that goes in the manufacture of PMS is still constant!

I get your logic bro.
This is my own view..
Assume the logistics cost remains constant or increases by a small percentage. Its effect is negligible because of the volumetric through-put. 100 to 46 dollars is highly significant either at 5% or 1% level of sig. 10 naira reduction is too small in my own opinion tho. My roommate is from uganda. He told me the pump price for PMS is equivalence of 66 naira. A country that doesn't produce nor refine crude. Now that there is global drop in crude-price. The price has been reduced to way below 50naira. Can u pls do the maths and compare with ours?
Thank u.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by jingh(f): 11:16pm On Jan 18, 2015
Juliaann:
Good one my presidogrin

GEJ till 2023smiley
they call it signature, you call it rantnature
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 18, 2015
Now I can rightly say that GEJ is clueless, his
political advisers also clueless and lacks political
sagacity. He has finally struck the last nail on the
coffin of leaving Aso-rock. You don't give your
opponent a potential score point at an election
period like this. Whoever gave him the advice of
reducing the pump price of fuel to #87 has given
him the worst advice ever.
The question from every rational mind is- what
happens to the pump price of petrol after the Feb
14th election? This is a question even the president
cannot answer. Are you reducing the price of fuel
because our refineries are working or because
Nigeria now makes more profit from the sale of
crude oil in the international market? Or that the
economy has well been diversified that the revenue
generated from other sectors can sustain the
economy? Is this an ephemeral policy or a long
term policy that has come to stay?
The reduction in the international price of crude oil
never started today, why must the government wait
till less than a month to the election before reducing
the price of the commodity if truly the so-called GEJ
led leadership has the interest of the masses
hoodwinked and impoverished daily? A man who
cannot fix or build refineries in 6yrs cannot build
any if given a century.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by jingh(f): 11:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
Caseless:
u never see anything. I shall frustrate u on this forum. Other loose gals like u that I dealt with in the past, ended up leaving the forum. I go fvck u b4 I chase u out.
hahahahahaha you harsh oooo
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
franciskaine:
Now I can rightly say that GEJ is clueless, his
political advisers also clueless and lacks political
sagacity. He has finally struck the last nail on the
coffin of leaving Aso-rock. You don't give your
opponent a potential score point at an election
period like this. Whoever gave him the advice of
reducing the pump price of fuel to #87 has given
him the worst advice ever.
The question from every rational mind is- what
happens to the pump price of petrol after the Feb
14th election? This is a question even the president
cannot answer. Are you reducing the price of fuel
because our refineries are working or because
Nigeria now makes more profit from the sale of
crude oil in the international market? Or that the
economy has well been diversified that the revenue
generated from other sectors can sustain the
economy? Is this an ephemeral policy or a long
term policy that has come to stay?
The reduction in the international price of crude oil
never started today, why must the government wait
till less than a month to the election before reducing
the price of the commodity if truly the so-called GEJ
led leadership has the interest of the masses
hoodwinked and impoverished daily? A man who
cannot fix or build refineries in 6yrs cannot build
any if given a century.

There are 2 versions of truth in this debate

The President has adopted a centrist approach which is necessary at this time

Some will say he should not have reduce prices, some others will say it did not go far enough. But millions of Nigerians will celebrate any relief from Government
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Juliaann(f): 12:16am On Jan 19, 2015
Caseless:
Monkey
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Juliaann(f): 12:17am On Jan 19, 2015
jingh:
they call it signature, you call it rantnature
guess that wasn't for me
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Kolade354(m): 12:28am On Jan 19, 2015
Juliaann:
Monkey
you this crazy bi*ch shouting gej till 2023 with no meaningful achievement............you are a product of leak condom.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Juliaann(f): 12:33am On Jan 19, 2015
Kolade354:
you this crazy bi*ch shouting gej till 2023 with no meaningful achievement............you are a product of leak condom.
Lols APC touts be like
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Kolade354(m): 12:38am On Jan 19, 2015
Juliaann:
Lols APC touts be like
you are daft gurl........He reduced it from #97 to #87 just #10 difference and you are here foaming on nairaland. Do you knw petrol price for kuwait,venezuela,libya even south africa.........You this retarded monkey need to be in zoo......you are such a tw*t.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Juliaann(f): 12:46am On Jan 19, 2015
Kolade354:
you are daft gurl........He reduced it from #97 to #87 just #10 difference and you are here foaming on nairaland. Do you knw petrol price for kuwait,venezuela,libya even south africa.........You this retarded monkey need to be in zoo......you are such a tw*t.
and he keeps ranting

hahahahahahah

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Kolade354(m): 12:50am On Jan 19, 2015
Juliaann:
and he keeps ranting

hahahahahahah
Ever since i know you you never make the good choice from dating a weed smoker to supporting a clueless man. Think think think think..........you this fool shouting jonathan if you are given UK visa today am so sure u wont reject it......keep em coming am ever ready for you wanke*
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Juliaann(f): 12:54am On Jan 19, 2015
Kolade354:
Ever since i know you you never make the good choice from dating a weed smoker to supporting a clueless man. Think think think think..........you this fool shouting jonathan if you are given UK visa today am so sure u wont reject it......keep em coming am ever ready for you wanke*
Will u stop crying pls hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Kolade354(m): 1:00am On Jan 19, 2015
Juliaann:
Will u stop crying pls hahahaha

windskull oil price has fall since july 2014 and your foolish president just reduce it now and you are shouting gej till eternity you are so stup?d to fall for his trap........more quote from you am expecting ooooooooooo
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by studded(m): 4:20am On Jan 19, 2015
olapluto:
I think it is still a fraud. Prices worldwide have dropped drastically months ago.

My brother, Nigerian's approach to things dey always different nau

I want to belief that the reduction must have taken effect "internally", starting with the oil marketers, for some weeks before the announcement was made yesterday.

Government needs to give them time to finish selling the products they bought at the old price before the new price could be effected.

Please report any filling station that hoards the product or refuses to sell at the new price to the Department for Petroleum Resources (DPR)

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by babadee1(m): 4:24am On Jan 19, 2015
This GEJ of a man has no shame. Just less than a month to elections he reduces fuel price by 10 naira and thinks that is enough to win votes. See how much this man does not respect Nigerians. He must think we are all hungry fools.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by jingh(f): 6:29am On Jan 19, 2015
Juliaann:
guess that wasn't for me
no its for me ?
re you a Jonathan student ?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Caseless: 7:27am On Jan 19, 2015
jingh:
hahahahahaha you harsh oooo
grin grin no mind that gal.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Caseless: 7:30am On Jan 19, 2015
Kolade354:
if it is juliaann, just giv up on her- she's a gander.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Caseless: 7:34am On Jan 19, 2015
Juliaann:
Monkey
u raped dog, i'll soon make this place hot for u.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Truckpusher(m): 7:44am On Jan 19, 2015
Juliaann:
Lols APC touts be like
Why are these APC dogs running after your excrete? grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by kart042000(m): 8:15am On Jan 19, 2015
eaglechild:

Good move with falling price of oil globally this is the best way to go.

This will cushion the effect of the weakened naira as citizens will now have more to spend on other commodities.

GEJ carry go.

Clueless Buhari would have stabilized the price at N97 grin grin grin as he promised.

Funny you at eaglechild, the last time it was fish price they dropped that didn't translate to the realities in market, now it is fuel.

Please anywhere you buy for 87 naira let me know.
MOREOVER IS IT NOT HIGHTIME THEY SCRAP THE SUBSIDY ONCE AND FOR ALL lipsrsealed
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 19, 2015
mikeansy:

There are 2 versions of truth in this debate

The President has adopted a centrist approach which is necessary at this time

Some will say he should not have reduce prices, some others will say it did not go far enough. But millions of Nigerians will celebrate any relief from Government
the effect is too minute and infinitesimal, my question is why can't the govt fix our refineries?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Teespice(f): 9:10am On Jan 19, 2015
jaybee3:
Good development. Hopefully food prices will follow suit

can't you see the motive for reducing fuel price.

trust me, it would go up once he gets reelected, that's if he would ever be reelected.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by jaybee3(m): 9:15am On Jan 19, 2015
Teespice:

can't you see the motive for reducing fuel price.

trust me, it would go up once he gets reelected, that's if he would ever be reelected.
Politics aside, the price movement is being determined by the downward movement in oil prices so technically he can't just raise prices after election if the downward pressure persist

The real question is, have they removed the subsidy completely as I don't see how they can justify increasing subsidy during testing times
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Juliaann(f): 9:19am On Jan 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
Why are these APC dogs running after your excrete? grin
my dear I don't know ooogrin

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Juliaann(f): 9:21am On Jan 19, 2015
Caseless:
u raped dog, i'll soon make this place hot for u.
Nobody I repeat nobody can make this place hot for me you can only do your worst

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Caseless: 9:28am On Jan 19, 2015
Juliaann:
Nobody I repeat nobody can make this place hot for me you can only do your worst
juli, b on the lookout for me. As for now, I have other important things to attend to. I dont have time for 'un-important' thing like u. When i'm done , i shall come back for u.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 19, 2015
Juliaann:

#Gbam! They are nothing but mere words on your phone screen. More like a picture of lion. Ride on jare
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Lowers Petrol Price By 10 Naira. by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 19, 2015
Caseless:
juli, b on the lookout for me. As for now, I have other important things to attend to. I dont have time for 'un-important' thing like u. When i'm done , i shall come back for u.

Dude are u this jobless and shameless that all you've got to do is threaten and hit on a lady on a faceleSs social forum? When dem dey share shame, where u waka go? Choi! Some naija dudes tho. Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Army To Re-organise Operation Lafiya Dole / House Of Representatives Receives Niger Delta Ministry 2020 Budget / You Are Not Spokesman Of Workers Over Salaries, Imo NLC TO PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.