Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,918 members, 7,824,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Eothen-Our losses - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Eothen-Our losses (31590 Views)

Life And Losses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eothen-Our losses by stuff46(m): 12:04pm On Mar 03, 2015
undecided
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 7:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
Oolayeancah:
Oops! Peter is about to have his heart broken.. He seems lyk a 9ice guy sad

I hope not too. Thanks, you are one great motivator smiley

stuff46:
undecided

What's up with the face? sad
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 8:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
Amaka got off the motorbike and handed the okada man the hundred naira note she held in her hand. He placed it amongst the other notes he had folded between his forefinger and middle finger and turned his motorbike around, zooming away.

She proceeded to the low iron bar gate and pushed it in. It wasn't locked from within which was barely a surprise to her, her mum was one chinwagger who always expected one woman or the other to prate idly every single day. So bolting the gate from within was very unnecessary in their house.

They lived in Ota, which was on the outskirts of Lagos and she really hated coming home. Coming home meant hearing more news about how well her stepbrother was doing in Spain and how much more money he had sent to her father.

Her father seemed to derive so much joy from torturing her about her inability to support the family after her supposed graduation. The same course Dozie had studied and gotten an offer of employment at a national research institute was what she claimed couldn't support her enough, her father always said.

Her mom was his second wife married after he lost his first wife to childbirth labor of their second child. The poor woman who had waited for about ten years after giving birth to Dozie before conceiving again lost her life as well as the baby's only to be replaced by someone else barely two years after her demise.

Her mother on the other hand who was a trained hair stylist, sneered at him whenever he started. She would rather sit with the other housewives who came around her as the head of hairstylists in her zone and talk about how much of a burden her retiree husband was to her.

Getting stuck between those two whenever she came home to answer her dad's call for her or to request some money which she never got adequately as her dad would rather spend that money on snuff than on an unproductive daughter. This was the exact reason why she got pissed at her younger friend who was lucky to have a well enough to do father and a nice big sister.

The girl didn't realize how lucky she was. She was even quite smart in the department and had the department's most intelligent guy at that at her beck and call only for her to keep him as a friend and saying always that she preferred it that way.

Stupid girl, she thought to herself and tapped the door once before pushing it open into the three bedroom flat her family occupied.

She met her junior sister seated on one of the cushioned arm chairs, her head buried in a novel.

" Didn't you hear me come in?" She shouted at her sister who nearly jumped out of her skin.

" Aunty Amaka?" Rosemary exclaimed, surprised to see her sister. They hadn't set eyes on each other since she left for school for the previous semester commencement which was over eight months now.

" Is mummy around?" She asked as she waved the sixteen year old not to bother with her bag since she planned on returning that evening.

Rosemary nodded and dashed out to the backyard to call her mother where she was making the hair of a neighbor's child and as expected, in the company of two other chinwaggers.

Amaka sat in the bogus armchair and watched her kid sister leave. She was going to write the next UTME judging from the scattered past questions compilations in the living room. She hoped that her mother hadn't successfully chosen a career for her the way she did with both her younger brother and herself.

The boy was soon going to be a graduate of crop science but considering his hate of science in secondary school, he most likely would end up like her and repulse his family. That was just how it was around here.

She thought to herself and stood up to fill herself a glass of water from the jug on the low wooden table in the centre of the living room.
----------------
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
---------------------

Sophia looked at her daughter who was occupied with the TV as she sat in the two seater leather chair. She looked over at the TV to see nickelodeons' SpongeBob was on.
The girl would watch and laugh over again. She didn't even know if she could comprehend the cartoon but she really seemed to be engrossed. For the past three days, she had been trying to get used to the girl and her dad had also been helping a lot.

It was much easier than she had thought. The girl would cry at times and she would get confused about what she wanted but she knew it would only take a matter of time before she got used to it. She couldn't differentiate between her former guardian and the new nice lady who was her mom anyway.

[url][/url]Her dad had left for his other house in their hometown in Osun to spend a couple of days. She had driven him there when he said he couldn't be in Nigeria and not show up to his mother. She probably thought he was dead.

Sophia on her part never bothered relating with members of the extended family since they also never exactly bothered about her sister and her. They were both seen as daughters of the LovePeddler who dumped their son. Her dad was the one with the family, he should be the one to keep up with them.

Her head went dizzy as her earlier conversation with Peter came up. He had just come by that afternoon and thanks to her great boss, she was allowed to get off work after her court hearing that morning.

She had taken Temilade with her to the court house with her colleagues asking her where she got a toddler from. Answering them was making them think they were welcome to pry into her private life so she chose to give them curt replies.

Peter was practically at her heels as she had barely taken off her jacket when she heard him ring her phone. He was already at the doorstep and apologized for not being able to come on Monday as he had promised soon as she let him in.

' Who's her father?' He had asked her after getting over his first shock.

' Michael'

He had sniggered, ' You must have seen me as totally clueless, am I wrong?'

' Peter....' She had started trying to prove him otherwise.

' Save it, Sophia.' He had slammed and barged out with the air around her beginning to choke.

She couldn't tell him she did care about his reaction. Never wanted to start dating him in the first place. He was too noble to have ever started a relationship with her and now, she had just ripped his heart apart.

She glanced at the wall clock as it struck six.
" I have to get you something to eat for dinner," she said more to herself than the girl she was addressing.

Just as she was about to walk into the kitchen, she heard the gate of the compound open to let in a car. She turned back into the living room to check out who it was,

"Dammy didn't tell me she was coming this evening. I wonder who that is," she said to no one in particular and drew the curtain to check if it was Dammy. She narrowed her eyes and shook her head on seeing the Camry 2.2 in the driveway. The occupant was already headed to the door so she drew back the curtain.

Almost immediately, she heard a knock on the door so she pulled it open.

" Hey," Mike said as she opened the door wide to let him in.

" I thought you were gone for good," she closed the door behind him.

" I needed to think and you seem to forget I'm also the director of a corporation who's got a jammed schedule.... " he cut himself short on seeing the girl seated in the sofa in front of him.

" Oh Yeah! I did forget for a second you were a magnate," Sophia sarcastically remarked ignoring his visible surprise on seeing Temilade, considering she had told him the girl wasn't in Nigeria.

" Is that her?" He asked and crouched in front of the girl who smiled at him and then her mother.

" Yes. My dad is around on sabbatical so they checked in together," she told him and sat in the adjacent sofa as she watched him lift the girl up and ask her a few stupid expected questions two year olds were asked. Thank God she was a smart one as she answered him vivaciously.

" I see you take after your mom," he told his daughter still not taking his eyes away from her.

Sophia watched her smile and ask him what his name was.

" Me? Well, I'm Mike but someone calls me Michael. Only she does that, you know," he replied making Sophia shift in her seat.

This whole situation of having a child together wasn't going to start up any dead flames between Michael and her, she thought to herself staring at him. She couldn't let it.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 11:11pm On Mar 05, 2015
Chapter 18

The wedding dress was so beautiful and dazzling as Stella stared at it. She had just gotten it from Paris for one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. She didn't care how expensive it was, she just loved it and wanted it. She sat on her bed with her legs crossed and picked up her iPhone 5s. She scrolled to the image viewer and zoomed on Mike's picture. She couldn't believe he was really being this nonchalant about their upcoming wedding. She had tried appeasing him in all the ways she could come up with.
She even got desperate enough to apply online for email alerts on how to make a man fall in love with you. Neither that, nor the various advices she got from her clique of friends seemed to work on him. He seemed to only drift farther off.
Her dad had told her not to get deterred by Mike's indifference.

" He would come around," he had told her when she threatened to let all hell loose on his company.

She knew he would not come around now. That was simply because she had found out in her desperation to find out why he never showed romantic interest in her that he might be in love with someone else.

Her closest friend, Bolutife had told her to run a background check on him. Now she wished she never ventured into that. It made her feel pathetic.

She heard a tap on her bedroom door and she got up to unlock it.
" Good evening, ma. I didn't realize you were in the villa," she smiled as she ushered Mrs. Adeoye, Mike's step mom, in.

" Your mother told me your wedding dress arrived already so I wanted to see for myself, " the middle aged dark skinned lady said walking in.

" That's it over there," Stella pointed at the flowing white dress hung in front of the full length mirror behind her dressing closet.

" Wow, it's so beautiful," the older lady exclaimed and went forward to feel the gown, " Have you tried it on?"

Stella shook her head, " Not yet. The marriage doesn't seem feasible so I don't have a reason to try it on, do I?"

Mrs. Adeoye moved towards her and patted her back gently,
"My stepson isn't aware of how great you are. When he knows that, I can assure you that he would come after you himself. Alright?" She reassured.

Stella simply nodded as she heard her phone beep with an SMS notification. She reached for it on her bed and checked the message which read, 'would call in thirty minutes. I've got some interesting information here'.

She felt a shiver through her spine as the message was from the private investigator she had paid to find out about her fiance.

" Are you okay?" Mrs. Adeoye asked noticing her shift in mood.

"Yes, yes. I'm fine. I need to take care of something now, I hope you don't mind excusing me, ma," she appealed smilingly.

" No problem but make sure to send me a photo of you when you get into that dress," She pointed at the wedding gown.

" Of course. Say hi to Rachel. I owe her a phone call," she promised.

Mrs. Adeoye walked out of the room, leaving her to pace nervously around her room. She was really anxious to know whatever Bode had for her. It would no doubt break her heart but being kept in the dark wasn't helping either.

Now, there was only one way to find out which was to wait a few more minutes.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by stuff46(m): 12:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
Stella is just too despirate to have that marriage and even running a background search on Mike and trailing him with a Private investigator; Mehn the guy isnt safe.

He dare not cancel the marriage or face the consequencies, killing him won't be an option.
Nice updates.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 1:15pm On Mar 07, 2015
If she kills him, she would just marry his corpse nigbayen cheesy

Thanks, BTW smiley
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 4:48pm On Mar 07, 2015
-------

Rachel sipped gently from her glass of mixed fruit juice and sat beside Stella on the sofa in the porch in front of the mansion. She liked Stella , really did but whenever she started with her fawning over her brother, Mike, she simply got pissed.
She was still a teenager, barely fifteen but since she never bonded with her dear brothers, (that included the first son who never came home after his convocation ceremony because of her mom and her), she was less concerned about their lives.

" When last has Mike been home?" Stella asked looking over at her younger companion.

" I don't know. He never stays for long so I don't meet him after school," Rachel explained and started in her seat as she saw Mike coming towards them holding his car keys, " Talk of telepathy," she observed.

Stella stood up to go welcome him only to get pushed aside when she tried hugging him.

" You never give up, do you?" He said and kept walking as his sister waved at him and he smiled back at her. Though he never supported the union between her mum and his dad, he didn't bother building hate relationship with his sister. Keeping up with her in ' short conversations ' terms was just fine by them both.

" How is school?" He asked his sister and she nodded promptly,

" Quite fine," she said and also got up to leave seeing Stella was about to start a couple fight she didn't want to partake in.

" Mike," Stella called after him as he was about to open the door. He simply chose to ignore her and went ahead in. She followed closely and kept asking him to look at her and talk about them.

' I hate this part the most,' Mike thought to himself and kept a quicker pace as he hastened across the steps up to his chambers in the thirty two roomed mansion.

" Do I have to start this conversation with Sophia's name before you look at me?" She blurted angrily.

Mike halted his steps and slowly turned around, " What are you saying?"

" You leave me no other choice, Mike. I only want us to be happy together. I didn't mean to dig around," she said with her voice beginning to shake.

" So what would that have to do with Sophia? Your research should have given you some details about her," he asked dashing a sharp look at her.

Stella kept silent and looked away from him.

" I thought so too," he turned away along the rugged corridor and held the doorknob to his room.

" I know she's the mother of your child," Stella told him as tears trickled down her face.

Mike was way beyond surprised by her knowledge, " You've had someone tail me in your desperation? Is that what this is about now?"

" I.... " she started trying to make her case.

" You know you just lost the last thing we could have had. Mutual understanding." He told her and pushed his bedroom door open leaving her to battle with her tears.

She had lost her husband to be in him. And since it had gotten to this, she just had to move on to her plan B in her list of how to make the man yours truly, by nook or by crook. She didn't give a hoot about how.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by VanTee20(m): 9:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
Finally, I'm up to date with this story and I have to confess that I've been held spell bound by the brilliancy of the updates. Why, this is way beyond my expectation. Can't wait to read more about Mike, Sophia and poor Pete. . .
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 4:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
VanTee20:
Finally, I'm up to date with this story and I have to confess that I've been held spell bound by the brilliancy of the updates. Why, this is way beyond my expectation. Can't wait to read more about Mike, Sophia and poor Pete. . .

Thank you so much. smiley

And don't turn your brother's birthday to 'birthnight' next time o cheesy
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 4:57pm On Mar 08, 2015
Chapter 19

Mike reclined in his seat at the head of the conference table in the board room and tapped his pen gently against the table as he listened to the young man's presentation as well as the other twelve board members.
He had gone through the files of his presentation earlier and even had a little chat with him. He had the prospect and needed finance. He liked the car brand he was putting forward. It was very sporty and classy as well. Moreover, the fuel consumption was very reasonable. It was worth investing in.

The young man seemed very confident which was something he admired about him. Up till this day,DeLair was only involved in the marketing and sales of various car brands. The best brands only. He had always wanted them to broaden their scope and get really involved in the automotive industry ever since he became director and only needed a push and a support. Demola Ajayi seemed like a capable individual that knew what he was up to so he had his support already. The other board members also appeared to be impressed so he knew they could be convinced easily which translated into him taking the company to the next level.

" Senatra would be a world class brand I assure you all, " he continued as the image of the car brand reflected on the projector.

" Are you asking DeLair to invest in the assemblage and marketing because of your own faith in Senatra being a world class brand?" Mike asked him cutting him off.

" Sir," he addressed though Mike was sure he was much younger than the automotive engineer, " As much as I have got faith in this car brand, I'm giving DeLair an opportunity to help make every dream in this car a reality," he stated confidently making a Mike's lips curl into a smile.

" I love the idea and brand," Mike said to his father who was part of the meeting via video conference call.

Chief Adeoye nodded," I guess we should vote on this if it's worth the investment," he told the other board members who whispered amongst themselves," Excuse us, young man."

Demola bowed and walked out of the conference room as his assistant turned off the projector and shut the laptop before excusing the board room.

" So let's vote." Mike said looking over at each member of the board room.

" Kiitan, you wait," Chief Adeoye said to his son as soon as the meeting was over and most board members had started leaving. The votes had been favorable as Mike had expected. The contract terms and signing only needed to be finalized now.

Mike handed his laptop to Rukky, " I'll just be a few minutes. You take this to my office."

" Alright sir." She took the files and laptop and left the board room.

" So what now, dad?" Mike faced the screen at his dad who wasn't present in person because of his doctor's note. Mike was aware but chose to stay silent on that. His dad could do anything, even getting admitted in the hospital just to evoke pity from his son.

" Rachel said you came home and you never bothered checking on me even though you know I'm indisposed. You really are just like your brother," he shook his head regretfully.

Mike scoffed, " You really sound pathetic right now, dad. Did you lose your touch or what?"

His father smiled, " No. I just want you to calm down and speak to your father."

" Well, I don't want to. So save the father-son lecture for your next child," Mike remarked and got up.

" You join me for dinner at the villa by 7p.m." The chairman stated picking up a remote and ending the video call.

Mike sank back into his chair and sighed, " I wish I could just be like Henry and disappear from this rotten family," he said to himself.
---------
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 4:58pm On Mar 08, 2015
Costlybabe, I see you're viewing. Please do drop a comment smiley
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 5:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
----------

Dammy pushed the door open and saw Temi running around the living room with a toy airplane in her hand. Two plastic bags filled with clothes lay on the three seated couch and she could here a tap running in the kitchen.

" Sophia?!" She called and dropped her handbag whilst the girl stopped abruptly and walked up to her, " How are you today, dear?" Dammy asked lifting her up and throwing her high a couple of times making the girl giggle before putting her back down.

" I didn't hear you drive in. Bawo ni?" Sophia said as she walked into the living room smiling.

" Mo wapa o. I parked outside and even thought you weren't home when I didn't see the Rav 4," Dammy told her and sat as Sophia went to the water dispenser to get her a glass of cold water.

" Daddy took it out. He went to LUTH on request by his boss from Iowa federal hospital. I'm not sure of the details. I'm going to be using the Camry for as long as dad's around," Sophia explained as she returned with the water and handed it to Dammy.

Dammy nodded, " Alright but what is up with the clothes. Did you take Temi out shopping?" She asked curiously as Temi lifted her head on hearing her name before returning to the floor she had been moving her airplane, engrossed with how she was going to make it run faster.

" Yeah. I took her shopping for clothes and shoes. Dad couldn't bring a lot of her clothes to avoid excess luggage. What do you think?" She pulled out the clothes from the bag and handed them to Dammy one after the other.

" They are nice dresses," she observed admiring her friend's choices, " So has her dad come around since then?" She began on a serious note.

" Yeah. In fact he comes every single day since last week Wednesday," she glanced over at the wall clock," Would be here any minute."

" Waoh!" Dammy exclaimed," Didn't you say he was a busy guy?"

" I thought so too until he began showing up at the door step everyday and Temilade also jumps up high whenever he comes. Probably because his hands are always full with goodies for her." Sophia pushed the clothes back into the bag and put it aside.

Dammy smiled, " He wants to get closer to her.......and you too."

Sophia scoffed, " You're kidding me. We've been over since twin cities. There's no going back on that."

Dammy sat up," My psychological intuition tells me you are lying right now and you never really got over him. You are in denial which is possibly because of Peter but then you would soon find out where your real feelings lie, not that they ever moved from where they were before," Dammy started her psychoanalysis on her friend.

" Well, this time around you are so so wrong. He's an almost married guy and I wish I never told him about her," she looked over at her daughter, " and I'm not in denial," she finished.

" Come on Soph, it's okay to be in denial. You loved him and got set up to cheat on him with his best friend. You certainly don't want to get reminded of how you hurt him and would rather get hurt instead but that won't change anything, sweetheart. You just have to clear things with Peter and move on," she told her friend and picked up the TV's remote control beside her.

" Peter asked me to marry him," Sophia shut her eyes and dropped the bombshell.

" What the....?" Dammy gaped.

" I also didn't know what to say. He was so angry the other day and suddenly called me on Saturday evening to come to the bar. I thought he wanted to break up with me so when he asked me to marry him and end this whole drama, I could only stare back at him," she paused looking at Dammy who had her lips parted in surprise, " He told me to get back to him by Wednesday evening when he gets back from his trip to South Africa. That would be tomorrow and right now I simply can't think of what to say anymore," Sophia pushed back her hair and sighed.

" Sophia, I also don't have an idea of what to say. An average guy would be like, that girl lied to me and has a kid with my boss so I don't want to have a thing to do with her, but this....." Dammy shook her head.

" It's all my fault for leading him on all this while. I shouldn't have begun a relationship with him and now that he's so obviously in love with me, I just don't have an idea on how to go about this," Sophia resigned and pulled up the cloth bags to take into the bedroom.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 5:15pm On Mar 08, 2015
---------

Mike climbed up the front porch of his grandmother's house. He had bailed on his dad's request to have dinner together. He already knew where he would be heading for. Avoiding the old man was the only thing he could think of now and the one place he did that successfully was at his gram's. He would check on Sophia and his daughter on his way back home.

" Good evening, grams," Mike prostrated in front of his grandmother as she walked out of the dining room to the living room.

" Olakiitan, why haven't you bothered checking on old me all this while?" She smiled and patted him gesturing for him to get up.

" Grams, I'm very sorry about that. My schedule has been jammed with managing the company as well as mum's estate projects. It has been really tight, you know," he explained as he helped her to the leather ample sofa.

" I understand, my dear. You are becoming a real businessman gradually. Directing the affairs of two companies and having a wedding before you. It must be tough," she observed and pulled out the cardigan she had been knitting the last time he was there from beneath a throw pillow. It was done now.

" I have a friend of mine to help with mom's projects. He's doing a great job there," he told her and took the cardigan from her, " You should have made it a little more bigger. Her head won't go into this," he said in a lower voice more to himself.

" Who's head? Did Stella put to bed already?" She asked surprised at his statement.

" Hell, no," Mike said snapping out, " I was just saying. And moreover hasn't dad told you I want out of this whole marriage ish. It's getting really noisy," he handed her back the cardigan and requested a glass of water from a maid who stood by.

" Your father told me you were acting like a spoilt kid and needed talking to since your mother's blood in you seems to be surfacing," she said folding the cloth and putting it aside.

" Yeah right. I bet he said that," he said," Grams, I really don't want you also to begin lecturing me on the endless list of reasons why I'm expected to jump at the idea of marrying Stella. She's not my choice. It's that simple," he ended in a tone of finality.

" You have made up your mind as it seems but you still would need something more convincing for your father"

Mike nodded, " I think I have that now," he took the glass of water from the tray the maid was holding to him and muttered his thanks to her.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by VanTee20(m): 8:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
kizzykeziah:

Thank you so much. smiley

And don't turn your brother's birthday to 'birthnight' next time o cheesy

You are welcome. smiley

Lol. I won't.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by VanTee20(m): 8:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
Just finished reading the last set of updates and well, I think I'm loving the course the story is taking, but Peter sha. . . I'm afraid he's going to be smitten like a kitten.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 9:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
VanTee20:
Just finished reading the last set of updates and well, I think I'm loving the course the story is taking, but Peter sha. . . I'm afraid he's going to be smitten like a kitten.

You know love is blind, messes with peoples heads at times .
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 10:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
Chapter 20

" Baby I know the way...uh uh, I know the way. The way I love you," Bimbola mimed to Ariana Grande's hit , the way, with her white earphones in her ears as she lay on her bed. She had just seen the results of their tests conducted and she was really feeling fly.
For one thing, she was leading in her department. How she managed that especially in the whole drama she was going through the past few weeks overwhelmed her. She was now ahead of Yemi, the smartest kid in the department. Though she could be partly responsible for his lack of concentration and subsequent lower performance, she wasn't really bothered. He would get over it in due time, she thought to herself and continued miming unaware Amaka had just walked into the room. It took the latter to slap her exposed back from the low back blouse she was wearing, " Who's this one?" Bimbola turned to face whosoever it was that was interrupting her 'moment'.

" It's your great grand father," Amaka remarked and crossed her arms across her chest.

" Hey, Amaka. Where have you been? I was trying to look for you before returning to the hostel," she took out the right earphone and reduced the volume of the music player on her Samsung galaxy S5.

" I saw you leaving the lecture theatre," Amaka sat and slipped off her sandals.

" Why didn't you call me, naughty you?! Made me waste my time asking about," Bimbola cried and hit her pillow against her friend.

" Maybe because I was busy consoling your boyfriend. The test results really shook him up," Amaka told her expecting something more from her that would show she cared. Bimbola simply shrugged.

" So you're saying you don't know you thrashed him in that test after making him run after you all semester. You're really one heartless, dumb girl," Amaka blurted unable to hide her thoughts anymore.

" Amaka, please," Bimbola raised her palm," What's my business with that? I don't want to have anything to do with him. Wetin na. It's enough that I didn't get any freaking warning letter when I told him to stay away from me. What more connection would I need to draw him to it?" Bimbola's voice shot up in anger, " Abeg, Amaka leave Yemi out of my life. I need to graduate as the best, I don't need any stupid distraction." She jumped off the bed.

Amaka's blood was already boiling within her veins already so she got up ready to begin a fight, " If you must know as the stupid girl that you are, it was me that wrote that 'freaking warning ' to you. You don't realize how immature and selfish you are. If a guy tells you he likes you, you need not judge him by the company he keeps especially if he's serious. You would not know that because of the rotten family where you were groomed, would you? Oh! I forgot you didn't have a mother to train you," Amaka dropped.

Bimbola who had her eyes shut trying to take her 'friend's' word in one after the other. The last statement was the last straw as she landed a dirty slap across Amaka's face, " Keep my family out, Bitch!" She yelled.

" It must hurt now, spoilt fool," Amaka continued on regaining composure as she held her right cheek in her palm.

By now, girls from other rooms had gathered trying to get hold of the situation.
One of them, Bolu who stayed in the next room tried holding Bimbola back but she just shook her off," Get your hands off me." She pushed back her tears with her left hand and picked up her shirt on her bed before storming out of the hostel.

To think she had thought she had a sister in Amaka. Confided in her about everything. How come both her and Sophia shared the same problem? Wrong choices in friends. She knew about Sophia's ordeal with Abigail since the kid came in the picture. Now she wished she didn't.Why did the both of them have to share this in common? Were they cursed or what? First they didn't grow in a normal family environment and now these. She leaned against an oak tree behind her and wept.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by VanTee20(m): 7:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
kizzykeziah:

You know love is blind, messes with peoples heads at times .

Yeah true.

Nice update btw.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 9:06am On Mar 10, 2015
VanTee20:

Yeah true.
Nice update btw.

thanks vantee for the invitation. I wasn't notified of it till abt 2 wks later.....

Great story Kizzykeziah...
what's the meaning of Eothen?
Re: Eothen-Our losses by Akposb(m): 9:25am On Mar 10, 2015
I am enjoying every bit of this story....the racy nature makes it look like a soap opera.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by harjibolar10(m): 5:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
The briliantcy of update almost got me doubting, of whether I'm watching or reading here.

At first, I was like, is this my namesake or somebody else, but I later discovered that, it's surely my one and only namesake, and that's where I know I've gotten chimamanda ngozi as my namesake

I'm enjoying the story, from the very start up to where we are now, and I must say; you are surely good in doing what you are born to do... .

Oya, where una dey ooo

I don dey here now, come continue
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
Oluwafunmilayo95:

thanks vantee for the invitation. I wasn't notified of it till abt 2 wks later.....
Great story Kizzykeziah...
what's the meaning of Eothen?

Thanks ma'am and Eothen doesn't exactly have a dictionary meaning. l read one of my grandpa's novels, loved the title of a chapter there since my story was steered in that direction and I picked it smiley

Akposb:
I am enjoying every bit of this story....the racy nature makes it look like a soap opera.

Thank you. I'm really glad you think so.

harjibolar10:
The briliantcy of update almost got me doubting, of whether I'm watching or reading here.
At first, I was like, is this my namesake or somebody else, but I later discovered that, it's surely my one and only namesake, and that's where I know I've gotten chimamanda ngozi as my namesake
I'm enjoying the story, from the very start up to where we are now, and I must say; you are surely good in doing what you are born to do... .
Oya, where una dey ooo
I don dey here now, come continue
A comparison to a brilliant writer like Chimamanda is quite an honor. Kamsahamida smiley
Though I'm not a professional writer, your comment really kept my spirits up.

Thanks, world best namesake wink
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 7:17pm On Mar 10, 2015
Chapter 21

------------

" I want that one," Temi pointed at the blue packet of cookies in the grocery bag.
Sophia picked it out and handed it over to her, " You've really got taste, sweetheart," she smiled and put away the bag on the dining table.

She glanced over at the door for the umpteenth time since she got back from work. Why isn't he here yet? She thought to herself as she became nervous and paced whilst tapping her fingers against her hips.
She was lost in her own thoughts and didn't hear the front gate open and shut. She only started when she heard footsteps at the doorstep.

She waited to hear a knock before going to open the door, " Hi!" She managed a smile as she saw Peter standing at the door, " You are here quite early," she observed as Peter stood there looking straight at her.

" Can I come in?" He asked not taking his eyes off her.

" Why not?" She said and pulled the door wide open to let him in still unaware she was blocking his path.

" Maybe you should move a bit," he suggested as she suddenly jumped off from his way on realization.

" How are you?..... I ....hope you had.... a nice trip....?" She stuttered and fidgeted.

" Good," he put simply and stood in the middle of the room," Your daughter?" He asked.

" Oh! She's right behind you," Sophia pointed at Temilade who was trying to get on the sofa to no avail. She went and put her up, " Did you just get back?" Sophia asked trying to get his eyes off her.

" Yeah. I came straight from the airport as I promised," he told her not deviating his eyes from her though her nervousness was very much visible, " Could barely concentrate throughout the seminar. I was thinking about you," he continued.

Sophia nodded and wiped her forehead of the perspiration already forming there, " Why don't you sit? I would get you a drink or something," she said and tried leaving when his strong arms caught her and pulled her back, " The drink can wait. I want my reply now."

Sophia's voice caught up in her larynx as she met his eyes and took up all the courage in her to break his heart, " Let's break up." She told him.

Peter released her arm abruptly and simpered, " I am such a fool," he said in a voice of sudden realization.

" Peter, I can't marry you. That would be hurting you and I care about you than to do that," Sophia tried explaining.

" Do you think I'm not hurt right now, Sophia? Is this just how much we were?" He asked raising his voice gently making her shudder. He lifted his hand to her face and pushed back her hair as he placed his lips to her forehead, " You really are one heart wrenching.....," he sighed as he glanced over at Temilade, " I should leave now." He said and left the house.

Sophia felt a rush of air escape her lips and put her hand to stifle her cries which she really couldn't control at that minute. She wished she was never born, wished she had perished in the plane that brought her back to Nigeria two years ago. Her carcass would at least have relieved every single person she had succeeded in hurting.

Temilade got off the sofa and walked to where her mother sat on the bare floor, choking on her tears and put her little hand on her hands as she snuggled up to her and put her head on her bosoms not knowing what else to do.
Sophia pulled her close and held her fast.
" It's just us now, sweetheart." Sophia whispered gently.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 7:22pm On Mar 10, 2015
---------------------

Peter held fast to the steering wheel and tried to concentrate on his driving. He couldn't get his head off the various thoughts that had been going through there. He turned off to the close and beeped his horn once on getting to the gate of his home.

" Oga, welcome." The young gatekeeper hailed as he pulled the gate open and Peter drove in.

He turned off the ignition and removed his car key before opening the car door and hopping out. Ignoring the smiling gatekeeper, he walked up to the door of his apartment in the two flat building he resided alongside a newly wedded couple.
He unlocked the door and went in. Bolting the door behind him, he went ahead to the mini bar he had a stock of drinks and pulled out a brandy. He filled a globular glass with the liquor and proceeded back to sit in the living room, brandy bottle in his left hand and glass on the right.

He gulped the contents fast and sank deeper in the sofa, " God damn you, Sophia," he said to himself as he looked at the picture on the shelf opposite him.

Why couldn't she just be as sweet as she was when they took that photograph together? She did nothing but bring happiness into his life then. Without her saying a word, without necessarily telling him she loved him also, he had been pathetic enough to fall in love with a girl that saw him as her friend more than her boyfriend. She had led him on and now she wanted out. She had told him she could never marry him knowing she had lied to him once before. She didn't want to be in a marriage where the sight of her daughter simply brought hurt. She cared about him and that is why she wants out?

Silly excuses, he muttered. If she cared about him she would never make him like this. His mother had been right after all. They really didn't share a future together. She was just a mirage. One that fades away when he gets closer. He would rather hold on to that image as long as he could.

He didn't even care about her having a child for his boss. He only wanted her to love him no matter how little and not push him out of her life. He was ready to do anything to have her but he couldn't play desperation in love. He couldn't play selfish with her and the mere thought of being unable to do a thing was driving him out of his sanity.

She was clearly still in love with Mike and he didn't stand a chance in their romance, that much was evident, but then he also lacked the strength to quit. Really did.
He pulled up the brandy bottle and filled the glass. For now, he was just going to get drunk.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by harjibolar10(m): 9:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
You must be a guru in watching a korean films ooo, during my course of this study, I've come across some Korean words, like 'biane', 'kamasahamida' among Others, which I know you find it nowhere than... You know now

Make I kia kia comment about the story

Thoug, the situation peter has found himself, is kind of pathetic and awkward, but he need much understanding here, as he should know that, a first love that also happen to be ones true love, cant be shruggle off or forget just like that, and not even when 'omo' is involve... .

Where is abigail the villian and Dotun the villian accomplice... I miss them thou

Oya namesake me, thanks for the update wink
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 11:25pm On Mar 10, 2015
Chapter 21

Stella took a deep breath and hesitated over again. She didn't want to do this but she couldn't put her future at stake here. Bode had done his own bit. What she had hired him for. Now she had her facts and needed to take a step to ensure her big wedding took place. She no longer had time on her side and Mike just seemed to go farther away from her. She hopped out of her Acura infinity jeep and closed the door. Taking a brief pause to make sure she got the address right, she looked around her before walking up to the gate and hitting it a couple of times. Consequently an Hausa gatekeeper came and shouted from within, " I dey come. Who you be?" He inquired in pidgin and unlocked the footwalk.

" Errm..... I came to check on my friend. Sophia. Is she in?" She asked putting up an expression that could have the illiterate gatekeeper fooled easily.

" My madam dey house. You fit come inside," he ushered her into the compound.

" Thank you," she flashed him a smile as he saluted her.

She took a quick look around the compound and saw it was really spacious with the one storey building standing in the middle of the compound. Two cars were parked beside the building and she could hear voices from within. She saw another jeep parked in front of the building just before the well trimmed flowers that surrounded the crimson-brown colored house and glanced at it knowingly but indifferently. A ton of people drove an RX 350, no biggie, she thought and approached the front door.

Heaving, she tapped against the door and heard a little voice from within, " Who's there?" She heard and had to sigh again. Must be the girl, she thought.

" Coming," another female said from within.

Stella braced herself as she heard footsteps approach the door. A young lady, about her age let the door open. Though she was also a female, Stella had to gape again as the fair skinned, bright eyed, average height young woman stood at the door. She had long eyelashes, obviously natural and not the fake ones she got fixed. Her nose was really pointed like she was a Caucasian or something and she had her hair weaved in a single braid. She was smiling to expose her clean and well arranged set of teeth. She was wearing a turtleneck with a pair of jeans and she was really an epitome of pulchritude, Stella had to admit. She didn't need to wonder why Mike was being this way anymore. The reason was live right in front of her.

" Hello, can I help you?" Sophia said snapping Stella out of her thoughts.

" Yeah. I believe we have a lot to talk about, Sophia," she said laying emphasis on the name.

Sophia cocked an eyebrow surprised at the lady's knowledge of her name though she had never met her, " Excuse me, I don't know you so how do you know my name, please?"

" Why don't you let the door open? We would talk as two grown up ladies then," Stella suggested, " I'm Stella, by the way. Mike's fiancée."

" Oh!" Sophia couldn't say anymore as she found herself letting the young lady in.

" Come on, Temi. Have this," she undoubtedly was hearing Mike's voice as she looked up and saw him standing at the dining room with a little girl in his arms.

"Holy ..... ," she muttered slowly as Mike looked up at her. Could she get any more unfortunate after all?
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 11:31pm On Mar 10, 2015
harjibolar10:
You must be a guru in watching a korean films ooo, during my course of this study, I've come across some Korean words, like 'biane', 'kamasahamida' among Others, which I know you find it nowhere than... You know now
Make I kia kia comment about the story
Thoug, the situation peter has found himself, is kind of pathetic and awkward, but he need much understanding here, as he should know that, a first love that also happen to be ones true love, cant be shruggle off or forget just like that, and not even when 'omo' is involve... .
Where is abigail the villian and Dotun the villian accomplice... I miss them thou
Oya namesake me, thanks for the update wink

I've retired small from Korean movies o but you know as it is na. I don learn language small grin

Thanks for pitying poor Peter. I just made his condition worse sad
As for the villains ehn, I'm still observing them from afar cool Would soon get back to them.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by harjibolar10(m): 7:48am On Mar 11, 2015
kizzykeziah:

I've retired small from Korean movies o but you know as it is na. I don learn language small grin

Thanks for pitying poor Peter. I just made his condition worse sad
As for the villains ehn, I'm still observing them from afar cool Would soon get back to them.
Oya contunu, I dey ya back gidigba

Cant wait to see abigail fall
Re: Eothen-Our losses by Oolayeancah(f): 8:59am On Mar 11, 2015
grin Stella came @ the wrong time.. Love the way its turning out... Keep it up kizzy
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 3:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
Oolayeancah:
grin Stella came @ the wrong time.. Love the way its turning out... Keep it up kizzy

Yeah right. Worst timing ever cheesy
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
harjibolar10:

Oya contunu, I dey ya back gidigba

Cant wait to see abigail fall

I'm going easy on Abigail since she bears my ' ex-friend's ' name. Maybe I should punish her small angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Inheritance / The Last Star. / Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.