Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan (29622 Views)

Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan / Panicky Diezani Reaches Out To Lamorde / Abubakar Leads Alison-madueke To Meet Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by ocelot2006(m): 7:29am On Jan 19, 2015
Hehehehehehe we've heard all these stories before. It's only after February 14 that you'll realise that it was all bull crap.

#GEJTill2019

1 Like

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by DonaldGenes(m): 7:29am On Jan 19, 2015
wallex1983:
May not necessarily be due to panicking, but re-strategising.

Eyaaaa! Tactical Retreat you mean bruh

1 Like

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 19, 2015
jingh:
you ve a PhD in d front of your name, hope you have common sense too

buhari for president
what a sheer show of ignorance and overt vulgarity u display most time. I'm so sorry for your plight gal
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by 3kay945(m): 7:31am On Jan 19, 2015
shawn3586:
Ok

Am neither supporting GEJ nor Buhari sad shocked shocked
Bt I want change tho cheesy

So both of dem cn go n screaw demsef
Mtchew

We know Buhari isn't saint.
But come stick with us the winning team, you would be pleased thereafter.

1 Like

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by patrickmuf(m): 7:32am On Jan 19, 2015
Flye:
I pray they lose, not because I love the opposition but I want the politicians to take people seriously, give the people the power and credit they deserves.
Nigeria politicians gives too much power to them selves without any considerations to the people they gorvern because they see election as a done deal.
God bless your generation...Why practice democracy when you don't govern according to the peoples will?
Come febuhari, we're returning power back to the masses
#ChangeSomebody

1 Like

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Kolade354(m): 7:33am On Jan 19, 2015
yibomustgo:
I expect PDP to collapse like pack of cards by February 5th.
thank you man Oduduwa republic is our goal.
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 19, 2015
I think say na close door mtng... If to say e come b open door mtng nko.. APC media wing sha
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by thunder74(m): 7:39am On Jan 19, 2015
yibomustgo:
Unfortunately, PDP is still the highest shareholder in APC. Sadly, we only ended up having all the PDP Members metamorphosed into APC. Really nothing has changed, still same same people.
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by adeniyisamuel59(m): 7:42am On Jan 19, 2015
The fear of Buhari is the beginning of wisdom in PDP camp. Why panicking and summoning of PDP meeting at every roaring voice of indomitable lion killer(Buhari)..I guess Jonathan is a coward. Sai Buhari!
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by porka: 7:44am On Jan 19, 2015
Fabzgrace:
@op its PANICKING not PANICKY

?
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by adeniyisamuel59(m): 7:44am On Jan 19, 2015
The fear of Buhari is the beginning of wisdom in PDP camp. Why panicking and summoning of PDP meeting at every roaring voice of indomitable lion killer(Buhari)..I guess Jonathan is a coward. Sai Buhari!
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Kolade354(m): 7:45am On Jan 19, 2015
During last general election I and my goonz were campaigning for jonathan in my street telling people to vote for him that he is a graduate,he has suffer before he knw wat suffering means to nigerianz,he will perform. But now even the iya alakara for my street is shouting buhari buhari buhari..................How can i campaign for him this time with no meaningful achivement for my state...............This time am campaining for buhari for my street and state...........Sai-buhari

4 Likes

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by OLADD: 7:46am On Jan 19, 2015
Chars1289:
There was panic in the camp of the Peoples Democratic Party in Abuja on Sunday as President Goodluck Jonathan met with the national leadership of the party behind closed doors.

The panic was said to have come as a result of the gale of defection rocking the party across the country.

The other reason was what a member of the National Working Committee of the party described as the “lacklustre response we have been getting since the beginning of the ongoing presidential campaign.”

The meeting was held at the PDP Presidential Campaign Office, Legacy House, Maitama, Abuja.

Journalists were barred from the meeting which was described as a “family affair.”

It was also learnt that the President and the party leaders were not comfortable with the support the opposition, All Progressives Congress was getting across the country, especially from those leaving the ruling party.

The meeting, it was learnt, examined the circumstances that led to the defection of some members of the party in Plateau State, led by a former Deputy Governor, Mrs. Pauline Tallen and many others to the APC.

One of those who attended the meeting told our correspondent in Abuja that, “You know that we have usually taken each presidential election as a done deal since 1999.

“But now, things have changed. With what we have seen so far from the tours of the southern part of country, we need to work harder to win.”

It was also learnt that the meeting discussed the release of funds to some departments in the campaign organisation, an action which was said to have made many of them inactive.

Meanwhile, as the campaign train of the party move to the northern part of the country on Monday (today), the PDP has said it will win the February 14 presidential election.

A statement issued by the National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Olisa Metuh, in Abuja on Sunday, said that the party was well received in the zone.

He said, “As you are aware, in the last two weeks, the PDP presidential campaign train has visited states in the South-West and South -East geo-political zones of our great country.

“The PDP deeply appreciates Nigerians for their support, goodwill and prayers for our dear President and standard-bearer, President Goodluck Jonathan

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/panicky-pdp-leaders-meet-jonathan/

Defection or no defection, panic or no panic, APC or no APC, one thing that's so sure and sacrosanct is the reelection of GEJ next month. Let all APC dreamers and enthusiasts quote me in Feb, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is the president elect in waiting. I am just 150% confident.
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Darlduchi: 7:48am On Jan 19, 2015
[Change!! Change!! Change!! Is all we want. Change of citizenship is closer than ever before. From the street of lagos to the cocoa farms of ogbomosho, from the street of abuja to sugar cane plantations of the savanna. from the burnt markets of the West to the malls of the East.
I say ride on APC
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by angelawoko(m): 7:58am On Jan 19, 2015
I guess Abraham Lincoln was also a 'serial Loser'
JudismphD:
Pipe dream. Apc winning in their imagination with unsellable presidential candidate. A serial loser for that matter'
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by dokunbam(m): 8:01am On Jan 19, 2015
Eya sorry oo tongue
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by jingh(f): 8:14am On Jan 19, 2015
JudismphD:
what a sheer show of ignorance and overt vulgarity u display most time. I'm so sorry for your plight gal
is there any thing wrong in asking a question from a fellow site member.
since it hurt you, sorry for asking
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by oweman: 8:15am On Jan 19, 2015
Can Nigeria weather another 4 years of massive looting as experinced in the lwst six years is the question .

Please those muting revolution should hold thier fire there is hope for Nigeria help is coming and that hope is Buhari he is ready to remove the drunks from the villa .
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by mechanics(m): 8:28am On Jan 19, 2015
trwill0412:
And there shall be disruption in their camp! It's about time we take our destiny in our hands and make a choice not just for ourselves but for our children! They can't rest nor sleep knowing they are losing grounds and their next stop na longtin.. Buhari owns majority votes in the north, who the fu<k is sambo for him own zone self!
Let's vote for change! At all at all, if Buhari self no do good after 4yrs, let's vote him out too and vote someone else in.. Let them know that the voice of the people is the voice of God!
yes o, u ave said my mind, Jonathan has done his best, he shud go n rest n let somebody else take over.
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by bashydemy(m): 8:30am On Jan 19, 2015
JudismphD:
Pipe dream. Apc winning in their imagination with unsellable presidential candidate. A serial loser for that matter'
Sorry they are paying you to rant nonsense here and you keep doing that, But your pay masters who i believe are seeing the hand writing on the board are panicking cos they know what is befalling them.
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Abayhormy(m): 8:38am On Jan 19, 2015
Swiftboy:
cheesy I dont want a change into the past just because of the challenge of the present! Its more than a presidential election,its about what will happen next. Goodluck is more sincere,hardworking than any Nigerian leader.Am not saying he's perfect but he deserves to win the election come #Feb14
This is not a wise saying.
#Stealing is not corruption.
#America will know.
#Nigeria Immigration Recruitment disaster.
#$20 billion missing funds.
#400 barrels of oil missing EVERY day.
#Stella Odua scandal.
#N1 billion feeding allowance for the president family alone(Now imagine other members of the presidents executive cabinet).
#More than $30billion revenue reserves disapeared!
Amidst so much economic crisis this country is facing in terms of welfare of the common,average Ni9gerian, there is still SO MUCH Leakage gushing out of the nations treasury. How are we going to ever leave the realm of underdeveloped nation??
The problem of the present regime is not tribe, ethnicity nor religion, its simply CORRUPTION and GREED. That is why the opposition has gotten SO much support !
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Chars1289: 8:49am On Jan 19, 2015
OLADD:

Defection or no defection, panic or no panic, APC or no APC, one thing that's so sure and sacrosanct is the reelection of GEJ next month. Let all APC dreamers and enthusiasts quote me in Feb, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is the president elect in waiting. I am just 150% confident.

Is your confidence based voters choice or its another confidence based on gerrymandering?
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by PEREP: 8:51am On Jan 19, 2015
Flye:
I pray they lose, not because I love the opposition but I want the politicians to take people seriously, give the people the power and credit they deserves.
Nigeria politicians gives too much power to them selves without any considerations to the people they gorvern because they see election as a done deal.

If we say PDP is not taking us serious, how do you explain GMB's refusal to apply for a copy of his WASC from Military board to shame critics.

If he gets Presidency, Nigerians go shout tire, he won't move cos he does not give a damn.
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Volksfuhrer(m): 8:55am On Jan 19, 2015
ubongutioh:
Those surrounding GEJ are indeed clueless. What I saw 2weeks ago is becoming clear to them now.
GEJ has no campaign strategy. He has done well for Nigeria apart from insecurity and corruption, which are being perpetrated by external bodies. But as a president he should have curbed that.
I am his fan, but I'm not blind to reality.
The reality is that.... People like Buhari because GEJ is not functioning.
I used to think that he will win, but its glaring that he is going to lose.
Why reduce fuel price by just N10, when the international oil price has reduced more than 50%.
Why didn't u visit chibok and soldiers in NE since..
why can't u prosecute one oil subsidy thief...
why can't u prosecute and arrest one boko haram financier...
why did u pardon Dipreye..
Why can't you appoint good people with proven intelligence to work with you...
why is Minister of Interior, Abba Moro still in your cabinet..
Why didn't u prosecute Stella.. what is Madukwe still doing as minister of petroleum....
why are you romancing with Fani kayode...
Mr President, you need to sacrifice your friends, else you will be sacrificed.
I still love you, and I hate Buhari because he toppled our democracy.

You just summed up GEJ's dilemma!
If he had summoned the courage to do what you suggested, perhaps public opinion against him would have been different.

1 Like

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by 7lives: 8:58am On Jan 19, 2015
yibomustgo:

You are smart, most Nigerians just analyse, they don't really know whats realy happening.
That useless table'' PDP is standing on two legs since the defection of Tambuwal, its going to loose one more leg one week before the election, it will be standing on one leg before the election, it will eventually collapse and disintegrate after the election, good riddance to a bad rubbish.
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by size38: 9:02am On Jan 19, 2015
With steady panic in PDP, make GEJ no die b4 d election ooo. Make him quietly comot oo b4 him die of heart attack. This is my advice. because change is here. APC change!
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by KA24DETT(m): 9:19am On Jan 19, 2015
People say IBB is Maradona but i have to say that Tinubu is Messi. Dude has managed to topple PDP with his Party, A party that started with one state grew to a regional power and its about to capture the presidency. WOOOW.. Jonathan and his PDP crew made this look so easy. If APC captures the presidency, Jagaban will go down in history as the most strategic Elder statesman this country has ever seen, even better than Awolowo.
Damn, Honestly, i am very impressed. I am not a fan of tinubu but as a chess player, you have to admire all his moves from fashola to Osibanjo.
NOTE TO EVERYONE -- Never underestimate your opponent, no matter how small they are. This should serve as a lesson to everyone in every facet of life.
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by OLADD: 9:36am On Jan 19, 2015
Chars1289:

Is your confidence based voters choice or its another confidence based on gerrymandering?

Confidence hinged on realism and not fantasy. I don't talk on Nairaland without substance and facts. Forget about the noise in newspapers and social media, APC does not have the capacity both in terms political structure and nationwide support base. The worst result PDP can get in February is a lower margin than the 10milion landslide victory of 2011 but Jonathan will still emerge president-elect. Quote me.
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 19, 2015
ocelot2006:
Hehehehehehe we've heard all these stories before. It's only after February 14 that you'll realise that it was all bull crap.

#GEJTill2019
We hear you, paid PDP e-rat. In less than a month from now your monthly stipend will cease.
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by maestroferddi: 9:51am On Jan 19, 2015
Those in the business of counting chicks from yet to be hatched eggs should remember that we are talking of the PDP.

Don't go gung-ho yet...
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Salihu00(m): 9:55am On Jan 19, 2015
they should just take heart and know that power is given and taken by Allah (God).
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 19, 2015
No one should mention pdp again in any media that party is a disgrace to this country, for any reason lets change hand for ones, this present regime has failed us and we can longer absorbed this quamtum and sinousidal attitudes towards the citizens.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Should Resist The Proposed Christian "Ecclesiastical" Court Bill / New Commissioners Of Police Deployed Across Nigeria (Full List) / Babachir Lawal Joins Labour Party Campaign Train For Plateau State Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.