Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:27 PM

Adventures Of Kopa D – Episode 5: The Battle For Aso - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Adventures Of Kopa D – Episode 5: The Battle For Aso (718 Views)

SEX & FASTING – EPISODE 5 (the Fight Of Conscience ) / My Landlady, Her Daughters And A Tenant (18+) Episode 5 / Adventures Of The Village Idiot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Adventures Of Kopa D – Episode 5: The Battle For Aso by IdeaHOuse(m): 12:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
The 2015 General elections is just about few days away, with two major contenders, incumbent Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and former Head Of State General Muhammad Buhari (rtd) being the foremost contender for the heart of Aso Rock.

Campaigns on the internet appears to be in favour of the General with lots of persons digging up secrets of the other. There are shocking revelations about Buhari as well as Goodluck Jonathan: the dedication to the total Islamization of Nigeria as well as a timid transformation agenda. However, what does a Buhari and GEJ campaign look like in Northern Nigeria? Strange! It’s in the wake of this that I met Abdul and Farouk, loyalists of APC and PDP respectively.

Abdul has been an avid member of the PDP during its early years but decamped in 2010 to join CPC which later merged with others to become APC. During his time as a member of the PDP, He has served once as a personal assistant to a PDP political office holder, another term as special adviser and another term as senior special adviser (you know the way these politicians have several levels of advisers: personal assistant is like the house boy, special adviser is like the handbag, senior special advisers are the one who really do the advising). For short, let’s say he has profited enough from the schemes and structure of the PDP before moving on.

Well Farouk’s got a sad tale. He graduated from a UK university in 2011 and immediately became a senior special adviser to a serving senator on something something matter (you know what I mean) upon completing his NYSC which he did at the National Assembly. He has only been in the system for just three years, not yet married, doesn’t have a house in Asokoro, his car ain’t sleek yet and the skies were practically falling on him. He has to go on the field to ensure that his Benefactor’s party remain in power and his meal ticket his assured. Farouk and Abdul met in a public relaxation center as I eavesdropped on content of their argument.

That Jonathan is a heartless man, he is just a foolish southern christian who got to power by accident and has messed everywhere up, Abdul said with eyebrows squeezed and hands raised to express his anger. Farouk interjected rudely, But his transformation agenda has catapulted Nigeria to the largest economy in Africa, agriculture has been experiencing great progress under his watch, Northerners have benefited from this administration, women and our youth have been adequately carried along.

Which youth are carried along, vented Abdul, is it the countless amount of youth that have been killed in villages in the North East or teaming mass of those unemployed graduates that are churned out on a yearly basis? Which of these are the ones carried along? Calmly in a tone to convince Farouk answered, may Allah have mercy on you, Our president has created 6 new universities, he has instituted the YouWIN programme that has provided practicality to entrepreneurship and is the first president to appoint a Senior Special Adviser on Youth and Students matter. Abdul, the fact is that there are more youth in Nigeria than the entire population on Kenya, it only takes a magician to solve every problem in Nigeria in a few years.

Abdul poured some more drink in his glass he sipped on while listening as Farouk downloaded his manifesto.He cleared his throat to speak, your Jonathan has not been able to counter the insurgency that is killing our tribesmen on a daily basis; the military are not incompetent to handle this, they are just not motivated to do anything. Moreover, the level of corruption he has permitted in the military is unheard off! Are you aware that the bags of rice his campaign team earmarked for the wives of fighting soldiers were defalcated by senior officers in the barracks. Farouk had a look of amazement on his face, he reached for his phone in his pocket as Abdul continued. That is why we should all dis this arna (southern christian) and embrace our own, the General who is able to salvage the situation.

Farouk excused himself to make a call to one of the wives of the fighting soldier. He confirms, Abdul’s accusation concerning the bags of rice. You see Mallam Abdul, when we bring tribalism into the picture, I just smile at our naivety (Abdul was getting riled as he spoke). Buhari is already 73 years old, who doesn’t know that he will die halfway into his tenure and power will return to the south without us having a stake. Abdul’s eyes bulged at this concealment that had just being released as Farouk continued, age is already telling on Buhari and in the event he dies like Yar’adua, we in the North will lose totally, Farouk affirmed. That is why it is more in our interest to vote Jonathan and allow the General to approach his deathbed in peace.

Abdul had to swallow the bile concerning the age of his candidate. He tried to digress from the matter, how come I have not seen a single campaign poster of your candidate in town despite your resolute support for him, are you scared that you may be stoned to death? He said jeering. Farouk muttered briefly but his tongue was caged by the circumstance. Abdul reached for his phone and showed Farouk a picture on it, Farouk had a startled expression on his face. The picture contained four PDP candidates on a poster and Buhari at the center of it with the APC logo with him. Tell your president to get his luggage ready because May 2015 we will be releasing a new kind of bag called Jonathan Must Go because power must return to its home, Northern Nigeria. He laughed as he took his leave signalling Farouk to finish his half-empty bottle of drink.

You know how concerned I am about the possibility of violence erupting as a result of this election or its aftermath? I stumbled on a the news of the Peace Pack against violence signed by the presidential candidates. It’s the best piece of news for NYSC Corps members if they truly adhere to the agreement.

No matter the extent of violence that we as youth subscribe too, Buhari or Jonathan’s personal vehicles will not have her windscreen smashed; their children will not be harmed in any violence; it is our collective amenities built from the remains of embezzled tax payers money and oil revenue that will be destroyed. Again I say shine your eyes.

KPMG, Baker Hughes, Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria and a number of other companies are currently recruiting, don’t wait till you get your discharge certificate before you apply, you’ll be unemployed already by then. See more internships and Job opportunities for corps members here.

See you on Friday. It’s still adventures of Kopa D on KopasTales.com. I’ll like your comments as usual, please. winks

Read previous episodes http:///X3ify4

(1) (Reply)

Bisiola / Why I Love Her So Much / Wave-making Novel By Award Winning Writer, El Nukoya: Baron Of Broad Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.