Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,626 members, 7,955,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:51 PM

How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua (24713 Views)

"Insult The Prophet TB Joshua & Evoke Curses Upon Yourself" - Fan / How Pastors Have Sex With Members - Olukoya / How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 20, 2015
pelij:
just imagine, he is probably doing that to get peoples attention to himself and not even God.

How can someone give to publish on media's i fear oooo

i just pray he make it to the great beyond after death.
he should go & read mathew 6 v 2.

1 Like

Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by Lordleno(m): 11:32am On Jan 20, 2015
Weah96:
TB Joshua runs a faith healing business empire. Faith healers are no different from snake charmers.

It's all a bunch of lies.
r u not tired
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by Montaque(m): 11:33am On Jan 20, 2015
JUBILEE2000:

if Christ has fulfilled the law why keep it? It is hypocrisy for anyone to keep the part of the law that deals with finances alone and leave the rest. If u must pay tithe u must also stone the adulterer
what I mean is that people that pay tithe also keep the 10commandments,and other parts of the laws of moses. If we should stop paying tithe because its the law,then we might as well stop practicing all the dictates of that law,the commandments inclusive.
When Christ said he is the fulfillment of the law,I take it to mean that he came as was prophesied by the law n prophet as the messaih that will bring down Gods grace enabling us to keep the law without eye service,as people did before.
What do u think?

1 Like

Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by ikotec: 11:43am On Jan 20, 2015
TBJ TELL JONA NT TO FORCE INEC TO RIG FOR HIM. i hv a test that non hv passed. TRY SPEAKING GOOD ON jona WITHOUT LIEING OR SOUNDING ILLOGICAL. RENTED NLANDERS GIVE THIS A TRY
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by Montaque(m): 11:53am On Jan 20, 2015
The reason why I don't pay tithe is that Jesus described in the book of matthew the weightier matters of the kingdom- love,holiness,judgement,righteousness etc, but specifically mentioned tithe and offering as not among the above or in their class.
Some pastors may say the opposite of the above,like telling thieves and fornicators to bring in their tithe and offering into Gods storehouse. Its good but its better if its done when one has fulfilled the major attributes of christian life.
No wonder jesus said that an offering is useless when the giver has ought against his neighbour. God even detest the sacrifice of fools,who thought that they can give their way into heaven,as they do in Nigerian politics.
Let us dis-emphasis the hype on tithe and focus on the more important matters.
So offering,tithe and other gift will flow naturally,not out of compassion or biblical threat,when we have passed the test of the weightier matters.
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by LaRoyalHighness(f): 12:34pm On Jan 20, 2015
Preach!

And nobody should threaten me to pay tithes....
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by Weah96: 1:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
Lordleno:
r u not tired

Tired of what? Exposing the fake miracle healer? I do it gladly.
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by mikeapollo: 1:51pm On Jan 20, 2015
pelij:
sorry once again dude,

you are getting it all wrong, jesus was not hated because of the signs and wonders he perform pls and pls and pls, read your bible,( the bible said that those who enjoyed the miracle of jesus were same people who killed him)

Incase you dont know, jesus was persecuted because of the hard kind of gospel he preached then, the Pharisees and sadduccess were angry at jesus because jesus preached sanctification (truth) read the elucidation below

Jesus was persecuted because, he preached inward holiness and outward holiness, so the sadducces and pharisees fought against him becos his gospel was totally different from what they knew and practice as in the law of moses (old testament)

You don't seem to understand the Bible!
True, Jesus preached differently from what the Pharisees were doing. But what made the poor masses to ignore the Pharisees was the numerous, amazing and incredible miracles which the Pharisees could not do. He was casting out demons, and they accused Him of using the power of Belzebub. He restored a man's sight and they did not want the man to testify;. they claimed the healing was by a sinner. He raised people from the dead, and the Pharisees became worried because the news was spreading and everybody was talking about Jesus. He healed a man on the Sabbath day, and they wanted to use it against Him......
John the Baptist preached similar messages like Jesus Christ, but the Pharisees did not give him much attention and criticisms like they did to Jesus, because Jesus' miracles made the Pharisees look very ordinary! That power from above attracts envy! The poor masses were following Jesus because they knew He had the power and authority to redeem them from their sickness, disease and demonic possession. And the Pharisees did not like Jesus popularity.
Jesus' miracles were proof that He was more than them, and that was something they did not want.

Why are people talking about TB Joshua today?.....it is because of the many mighty miracles that God uses him to perform.....that is what creates the jealousy, envy, doubt etc. The less miracle you perform the less controversial you become!
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by Weah96: 2:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
mikeapollo:

You don't seem to understand the Bible!
True, Jesus preached differently from what the Pharisees were doing. But what made the poor masses to ignore the Pharisees was the numerous, amazing and incredible miracles which the Pharisees could not do. He was casting out demons, and they accused Him of using the power of Belzebub. He restored a man's sight and they did not want the man to testify;. they claimed the healing was by a sinner. He raised people from the dead, and the Pharisees became worried because the news was spreading and everybody was talking about Jesus. He healed a man on the Sabbath day, and they wanted to use it against Him......
John the Baptist preached similar messages like Jesus Christ, but the Pharisees did not give him much attention and criticisms like they did to Jesus, because Jesus' miracles made the Pharisees look very ordinary! That power from above attracts envy! The poor masses were following Jesus because they knew He had the power and authority to redeem them from their sickness, disease and demonic possession. And the Pharisees did not like Jesus popularity.
Jesus' miracles were proof that He was more than them, and that was something they did not want.

Why are people talking about TB Joshua today?.....it is because of the many mighty miracles that God uses him to perform.....that is what creates the jealousy, envy, doubt etc. The less miracle you perform the less controversial you become!

TB Joshua is a lying fraud. That man hasn't spoken the truth in years.

Imagine if Nollywood actors were permanently stuck in their roles. This TB f.ool has been playing the role of a faith healer for a minute now. His performances are now starting to challenge the limits of human gullibility and stupidity. I expect him to come out of the closet soon. Otherwise the truth will kill him inside.

That's my own prophecy.
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by mikeapollo: 2:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
Weah96:

TB Joshua is a lying fraud. That man hasn't spoken the truth in years.

Imagine if Nollywood actors were permanently stuck in their roles. This TB f.ool has been playing the role of a faith healer for a minute now. His performances are now starting to challenge the limits of human gullibility and stupidity. I expect him to come out of the closet soon. Otherwise the truth will kill him inside.

That's my own prophecy.

Well done....go ahead.
Your fore-fathers accused Jesus Christ and called Him many bad names
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
adsonstone:

Hello Sir,

I'd like you to answer to these based on your posts.
1. Which of God's word are you referring to?
If it is the Bible, kindly point where it says 'otherwise' about tithe.

2. Can you mention few more nations God gave instructions to other than Israel.
Hello adsonstone,
The following I wrote should answer your questions...

God never commanded anyone in His Word to tithe money to a Church or a Temple. Yet, so many In Churches around the world today are lied to every time the offering plate is passed. “God requires you to tithe your money” is spoken from the pulpit. “If you don’t tithe, you are a God-robber! You are cursed!” Is often shouted to put the laity in a state of guilt and condemnation. Relax Saints of God… Fear not. God never authorized that pastor to speak those deceitful and unkind words to your ears.

Let’s examine the Scriptures and see what they say concerning
God’s commanded tithe, shall we? But first, let us visit two sons of Aaron at the Tabernacle…

Leviticus 10:1-2 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.

In the above text, two of Aaron’s sons were struck dead because they offered “strange fire” to God upon the altar of the Lord. What exactly was this “strange fire” that they offered that so displeased the Lord? We are not told. But we are given a special insight as to how precise God wants our offerings to Him be. Nadab and Abihu had offered something that God had not commanded.

Now, one would think, “Hey, at least they were offering something to God. What wrong can be in that?” But God said they offered something that was not commanded.

A lesson should be learned by all from the reading of the account of Nadab and Abihu. That lesson is, “Do It By The Book”.

God has given us His Word as an instruction manual. This “manual” tells us what God expects of us as His dear children. If we are disobedient, God’s chastening hand will be upon us. It surely was upon Nadab and Abihu when they offered strange fire upon the altar. The manner in which we are to live is laid out for us in the New Testament section of the Holy Bible.

Now, please don’t go off on a tangent, saying I don’t like the Old Testament. I do. I cherish both the Old and the New. I read them both and learn from them both.

But the fact is, the New contains the pattern by which God wants us to live today. Hebrews 8 tells us that in AD 66 the Old Covenant was ready to pass away and that God was bringing us into a New Covenant. We cannot live in the Old Covenant promises, curses, edicts, laws, statutes, and ordinances. God doesn’t expect us to.

In AD 51, the Apostles met in Jerusalem with the religious leaders of the day. Their order of meeting was to discuss Gentiles who had been recently converted to faith in Christ. The religious leaders of Jerusalem were insisting that the Gentiles had to keep the Law of Moses or they could not be saved.

The Apostle Peter spoke before them all, rebuking them for placing a yoke upon the Gentile Brethren that neither the Jews of that day, nor their ancestors could keep themselves. Peter told them they were tempting God in their demands. The Apostle James said the religious leaders were overthrowing the souls of the Gentiles.

At the close of the meeting, James wrote a letter to the Gentile Believers and sent it to them by the hands of Paul and Barnabas, telling the Gentiles that the Apostles had given no such command that they keep the Law. He also sent Judas and Silas with the same words, but not written… they were to speak to the Gentiles, telling them that they were not commanded to keep the Mosaic Law. The Mosaic Law was part of an Old Covenant that was soon to pass away.

In many Churches around the world today, there is a doctrine being taught that could be called “strange fire”. That doctrine is the monetary tithe requirement doctrine.

Pastors will stand in their pulpits and preach from the Old Covenant the command to tithe that was given to Israel. But, they replace the tithe God commanded, an agricultural tithe, with a tithe consisting of money. It no longer is the tithe that God required of Israel. It has become “strange fire.”

No longer the agricultural tithe that was commanded by God for the children of Israel in Mount Sinai, (Leviticus 27:30-34) it is now a monetary tithe. No longer a tithe that was to be given to Levites, to widows, to orphans, to strangers in Israel, (Numbers18:21,24,26,28; Deuteronomy 14:22-29; Nehemiah 10:37-38) it is now given to pastors of Churches around the world.

The “tithes” were good when God had control of them, but modern-day Nadab’s, modern-day Abihu’s have turned them into a “strange fire” which God never commanded. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Many pastors today are tempting God and putting a yoke upon their congregations that God never authorized them to do.

Search the Scriptures. When you do, you will find that God’s holy tithe was never commanded for the New Testament Church, never carried to the New Testament Church, never collected in the New Testament Church, and never controlled by the New Testament Church.

Pastors would do well to set aside this sin of preaching a strange fire and offering it to God in the Sunday prayers. Seek out what the New Covenant says concerning the saved and their giving. They are not to be coerced into giving, they are not to be made to fear a curse from God. Rather, they should be taught to give simply because “they love Jesus.”

Teach them as the Apostle Paul taught the saints and brethren at the Church in Corinth… as they purpose in their hearts to give, give cheerfully and willingly God will be honored more by a loving offering than by “strange fire”

Do it by the Book

People, If you insist that God requires you to tithe, that you are being obedient to God and His Holy Word, at least have the decency and respect for God and His Holy Word to do it in accordance to what He has written in His Holy Word.

When you tithe, don’t take it to a Church in a Gentile land. God never commanded such. Instead, do it by the book, as God commanded, and take it to the Promised Land. ( Deut. 12:1,10-11)

When you tithe, don’t give it to a Gentile preacher. God never commanded that. Instead, do it by the book, as God commanded, and take it to the Levite, the widow, the orphan and the foreigner (which would include yourself) in the Promised Land. ( Deut 14:22-29 )

When you tithe, don’t tithe money. God never commanded such a tithe. Instead, do it by the book, as God commanded, and tithe agricultural products that are grown in the Promised Land. (Leviticus 27:30-33)

If you insist on tithing, don’t tithe that which comes from Gentile hands on Gentile soil. God never commanded it. Instead, do it by the book, as God commanded, and move to the Promised land Israel so you can cultivate the land and have the tithe that God required in the Mosaic Law.

But remember…
.Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

If you are not going to “Do It By The Book”, don’t try to convince me that you are being obedient to God in tithing. It is just the opposite… you are being rebellious to what He decreed concerning how His holy tithe was to be observed and kept.

Maybe it’s best you stop offending in that point of the Law and just submit to God’s will concerning your giving today.

2 Corinthians 9:6-7 But this [I say], He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, [so let him give]; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

God does not require tithe of your money. Instead, He wants you to give simply out of your love for Him.
Not as others dictate, but as you choose in your heart. Give with a willing heart; not because you have to, but because you want to… and He will be pleased.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:48pm On Jan 20, 2015
koikoi2:

Ignorance is a disease. If u quote James 2:10 then don't forget dat Deuteronomy 22 is also part of d law.

Stone any woman to death if she is guilty of adultery.

Don't eat any fish with scales. and many more like sacrifices peace offering, guilt offering, etc

According to u we shud still practice them?
yes, if you are going to submit one of the Mosaic Laws, Galatians 3:10 states you must continue in all of the Law.

This would include stoning of rebellious children, burnt offerings, and all others

If you submit to one and not the rest, the Bible declares you to be cursed.
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:53pm On Jan 20, 2015
koikoi2:

Are u blind, don't read d Bible in piecemeal.

Let to read d whole Bible with understanding from above.
I am blind, as a matter of fact.

But, I have been studying the Bible for three and a half decades and been a licensed minister for two and a half decades.

I know what the Bible says concerning tithes. God never commanded them of those whose homes are on Gentile soil.

1 Like

Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by MarkMiwerds(m): 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
Montaque:
what's ur opinion on the commandments,are they also the laws we shouldn't be under?
Jesus Christ instructed the young rich ruler to keep all the laws,which he replied that he has kept up from his youth.
He also said he hasn't come to abolish the law but to fulfil it.
Are the laws of Moses now a sin under the grace dispensation?
romans 7 says we who are married to the One who rose from the dead have no business in the Law. It is comparable to adultery. Galatians says it is foolish to submit to the Law. 1 Timothy says the Law is for the ungodly and unrighteous.

We who have trusted Christ are not unrighteous, for we are clothed in His righteousness.

If you love the Lord with all heart, soul and mind, and you love your neighbor as you do yourself, why do you need the Law? We are not told to look to the Law. We are to look to the Lord, walking in the Spirit. For in so doing, the lusts of the flesh will not be yielded to.
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by Weah96: 7:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
mikeapollo:

Well done....go ahead.
Your fore-fathers accused Jesus Christ and called Him many bad names

My forefathers lived in Africa, sir. There was no WiFi. What are you talking about?
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by Montaque(m): 8:46pm On Jan 20, 2015
MarkMiwerds:
romans 7 says we who are married to the One who rose from the dead have no business in the Law. It is comparable to adultery. Galatians says it is foolish to submit to the Law. 1 Timothy says the Law is for the ungodly and unrighteous.

We who have trusted Christ are not unrighteous, for we are clothed in His righteousness.

If you love the Lord with all heart, soul and mind, and you love your neighbor as you do yourself, why do you need the Law? We are not told to look to the Law. We are to look to the Lord, walking in the Spirit. For in so doing, the lusts of the flesh will not be yielded to.
it does seem we haven't understood each other.
What I mean is that those rules and regulations we call the laws of moses are just what we are doing today,example,obeying ur parents,even paul charged the galatians thus. If u say we live under the grace,I concur,but to say that we need not keep the law,I disagree.
Please read matthew 5 vs 17 - 20.
Jesus told us the seriousness of those laws.
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by MarkMiwerds(m): 9:33pm On Jan 20, 2015
Montaque:
it does seem we haven't understood each other.
What I mean is that those rules and regulations we call the laws of moses are just what we are doing today,example,obeying ur parents,even paul charged the galatians thus. If u say we live under the grace,I concur,but to say that we need not keep the law,I disagree.
Please read matthew 5 vs 17 - 20.
Jesus told us the seriousness of those laws.
We do not have to keep the Law. It was for Israel alone.

While some things in the Law seem to be repeated in the Pauline epistles, that does not mean we are to keep the Law. That which is written in the epistles is in a completely different jurisdiction.

Let me give you an example. I was born in Tripoli, Libya. There were laws there that my parents had to observe. When mother moved after my dad's death, the laws of Tripoli did not follow her. We lived in an entirely new jurisdiction. If I stole something here, I would not be tried by the laws of Tripoli. I would be charged under the laws where I live.

Now, as long as I remain where I am, I will not be required to live by the Laws of Tripoli. However, if I should happen to move back to Tripoli, I will be subject to its laws.

It is the same regarding those ordinances of the Old Testament. If I choose to abide in the House of the Law, I am subject to, not just any law I choose to my liking, but to all the Laws cset forth for the residents thereof. If i choose to obey the tithe command, I must obey all other commands that apply to that jurisdiction. This would include animal sacrifices, stoning of disobedient children, not wearing garments that have two different fabrics in the weave, a battlement on my roof, etc..

James said in Acts 21 that there is no command given to Gentiles to keep the Law.Paul said in Romans 4 that we are not under the Law. He said in Romans 7 that it is comparable to adultery to go to the house of the Law. Galatians 3, foolish to subject ourselves to the Law. In 1 Timothy 1, the Law is not for the righteous.

Over and over, in more than the above examples, we are shown that we are not to go under that old system. Best to focus on Christ, and His finished Work.
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by Montaque(m): 6:23am On Jan 21, 2015
MarkMiwerds:
We do not have to keep the Law. It was for Israel alone.

While some things in the Law seem to be repeated in the Pauline epistles, that does not mean we are to keep the Law. That which is written in the epistles is in a completely different jurisdiction.

Let me give you an example. I was born in Tripoli, Libya. There were laws there that my parents had to observe. When mother moved after my dad's death, the laws of Tripoli did not follow her. We lived in an entirely new jurisdiction. If I stole something here, I would not be tried by the laws of Tripoli. I would be charged under the laws where I live.

Now, as long as I remain where I am, I will not be required to live by the Laws of Tripoli. However, if I should happen to move back to Tripoli, I will be subject to its laws.

It is the same regarding those ordinances of the Old Testament. If I choose to abide in the House of the Law, I am subject to, not just any law I choose to my liking, but to all the Laws cset forth for the residents thereof. If i choose to obey the tithe command, I must obey all other commands that apply to that jurisdiction. This would include animal sacrifices, stoning of disobedient children, not wearing garments that have two different fabrics in the weave, a battlement on my roof, etc..

James said in Acts 21 that there is no command given to Gentiles to keep the Law.Paul said in Romans 4 that we are not under the Law. He said in Romans 7 that it is comparable to adultery to go to the house of the Law. Galatians 3, foolish to subject ourselves to the Law. In 1 Timothy 1, the Law is not for the righteous.

Over and over, in more than the above examples, we are shown that we are not to go under that old system. Best to focus on Christ, and His finished Work.

I am getting you now.
But you have to exclude tithe from the dictates of the law,cos abraham before the law paid tithe to the king of salem,this is in genesis as well as hebrew.
It seems the law added a punishment to the concept. Now that we are under a new dispensation of grace,the addition of the law is to be done away with,that's the threat of punishment introduced by the mosaic law.
I love your analogy of tripoli and its laws
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by MarkMiwerds(m): 6:37am On Jan 21, 2015
Montaque:
I am getting you now.
But you have to exclude tithe from the dictates of the law,cos abraham before the law paid tithe to the king of salem,this is in genesis as well as hebrew.
It seems the law added a punishment to the concept. Now that we are under a new dispensation of grace,the addition of the law is to be done away with,that's the threat of punishment introduced by the mosaic law.
I love your analogy of tripoli and its laws
Abram's tithe was not of his own property. He had promised God that he would not keep any of the spoils as his own property.

Also, while it is true that he gave that tithe to a king that represented the Most High God, it is equally true that though it was a tithe, it was not God's holy tithes. God said His holy tithes were agricultural. Abram's tithe was both agricultural and clothing.

We must also take into account that the story as related in Genesis is descriptive, not prescriptive.
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by Provie(m): 6:45am On Jan 21, 2015
MarkMiwerds:
Hello adsonstone,

God never commanded anyone in His Word to tithe money to a Church or a Temple. Yet, so many In Churches around the world today are lied to every time the offering plate is passed. “God requires you to tithe your money” is spoken from the pulpit. “If you don’t tithe, you are a God-robber! You are cursed!” Is often shouted to put the laity in a state of guilt and condemnation. Relax Saints of God… Fear not. God never authorized that pastor to speak those deceitful and unkind words to your ears.

God does not require tithe of your money. Instead, He wants you to give simply out of your love for Him.
Not as others dictate, but as you choose in your heart. Give with a willing heart; not because you have to, but because you want to… and He will be pleased.

Great post.
Truth is bitter; but the truth sets free.
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:04am On Jan 21, 2015
Provie:

Great post.
Truth is bitter; but the truth sets free.
thanks.
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by vooks: 7:05am On Jan 21, 2015
And he charges how much for appointments?
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by MzansiBeat: 8:22am On Jan 21, 2015
MarkMiwerds:
Hello adsonstone,

Let’s examine the Scriptures and see what they say concerning
God’s commanded tithe, shall we? But first, let us visit two sons of Aaron at the Tabernacle…

Leviticus 10:1-2 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.

In the above text, two of Aaron’s sons were struck dead because they offered “strange fire” to God upon the altar of the Lord. What exactly was this “strange fire” that they offered that so displeased the Lord? We are not told. But we are given a special insight as to how precise God wants our offerings to Him be. Nadab and Abihu had offered something that God had not commanded.

Now, one would think, “Hey, at least they were offering something to God. What wrong can be in that?” But God said they offered something that was not commanded.

A lesson should be learned by all from the reading of the account of Nadab and Abihu. That lesson is, “Do It By The Book”.

God has given us His Word as an instruction manual. This “manual” tells us what God expects of us as His dear children. If we are disobedient, God’s chastening hand will be upon us. It surely was upon Nadab and Abihu when they offered strange fire upon the altar. The manner in which we are to live is laid out for us in the New Testament section of the Holy Bible.

Now, please don’t go off on a tangent, saying I don’t like the Old Testament. I do. I cherish both the Old and the New. I read them both and learn from them both.

But the fact is, the New contains the pattern by which God wants us to live today. Hebrews 8 tells us that in AD 66 the Old Covenant was ready to pass away and that God was bringing us into a New Covenant. We cannot live in the Old Covenant promises, curses, edicts, laws, statutes, and ordinances. God doesn’t expect us to.

In AD 51, the Apostles met in Jerusalem with the religious leaders of the day. Their order of meeting was to discuss Gentiles who had been recently converted to faith in Christ. The religious leaders of Jerusalem were insisting that the Gentiles had to keep the Law of Moses or they could not be saved.

The Apostle Peter spoke before them all, rebuking them for placing a yoke upon the Gentile Brethren that neither the Jews of that day, nor their ancestors could keep themselves. Peter told them they were tempting God in their demands. The Apostle James said the religious leaders were overthrowing the souls of the Gentiles.

At the close of the meeting, James wrote a letter to the Gentile Believers and sent it to them by the hands of Paul and Barnabas, telling the Gentiles that the Apostles had given no such command that they keep the Law. He also sent Judas and Silas with the same words, but not written… they were to speak to the Gentiles, telling them that they were not commanded to keep the Mosaic Law. The Mosaic Law was part of an Old Covenant that was soon to pass away.

In many Churches around the world today, there is a doctrine being taught that could be called “strange fire”. That doctrine is the monetary tithe requirement doctrine.

Pastors will stand in their pulpits and preach from the Old Covenant the command to tithe that was given to Israel. But, they replace the tithe God commanded, an agricultural tithe, with a tithe consisting of money. It no longer is the tithe that God required of Israel. It has become “strange fire.”

No longer the agricultural tithe that was commanded by God for the children of Israel in Mount Sinai, (Leviticus 27:30-34) it is now a monetary tithe. No longer a tithe that was to be given to Levites, to widows, to orphans, to strangers in Israel, (Numbers18:21,24,26,28; Deuteronomy 14:22-29; Nehemiah 10:37-38) it is now given to pastors of Churches around the world.

The “tithes” were good when God had control of them, but modern-day Nadab’s, modern-day Abihu’s have turned them into a “strange fire” which God never commanded. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Many pastors today are tempting God and putting a yoke upon their congregations that God never authorized them to do.

Search the Scriptures. When you do, you will find that God’s holy tithe was never commanded for the New Testament Church, never carried to the New Testament Church, never collected in the New Testament Church, and never controlled by the New Testament Church.

Pastors would do well to set aside this sin of preaching a strange fire and offering it to God in the Sunday prayers. Seek out what the New Covenant says concerning the saved and their giving. They are not to be coerced into giving, they are not to be made to fear a curse from God. Rather, they should be taught to give simply because “they love Jesus.”

Teach them as the Apostle Paul taught the saints and brethren at the Church in Corinth… as they purpose in their hearts to give, give cheerfully and willingly God will be honored more by a loving offering than by “strange fire”

Do it by the Book

People, If you insist that God requires you to tithe, that you are being obedient to God and His Holy Word, at least have the decency and respect for God and His Holy Word to do it in accordance to what He has written in His Holy Word.

When you tithe, don’t take it to a Church in a Gentile land. God never commanded such. Instead, do it by the book, as God commanded, and take it to the Promised Land. ( Deut. 12:1,10-11)

When you tithe, don’t give it to a Gentile preacher. God never commanded that. Instead, do it by the book, as God commanded, and take it to the Levite, the widow, the orphan and the foreigner (which would include yourself) in the Promised Land. ( Deut 14:22-29 )

When you tithe, don’t tithe money. God never commanded such a tithe. Instead, do it by the book, as God commanded, and tithe agricultural products that are grown in the Promised Land. (Leviticus 27:30-33)

If you insist on tithing, don’t tithe that which comes from Gentile hands on Gentile soil. God never commanded it. Instead, do it by the book, as God commanded, and move to the Promised land Israel so you can cultivate the land and have the tithe that God required in the Mosaic Law.

But remember…
.Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

If you are not going to “Do It By The Book”, don’t try to convince me that you are being obedient to God in tithing. It is just the opposite… you are being rebellious to what He decreed concerning how His holy tithe was to be observed and kept.

Maybe it’s best you stop offending in that point of the Law and just submit to God’s will concerning your giving today.

2 Corinthians 9:6-7 But this [I say], He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, [so let him give]; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

AMEEEN!
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by Montaque(m): 8:31am On Jan 21, 2015
MarkMiwerds:
Abram's tithe was not of his own property. He had promised God that he would not keep any of the spoils as his own property.

Also, while it is true that he gave that tithe to a king that represented the Most High God, it is equally true that though it was a tithe, it was not God's holy tithes. God said His holy tithes were agricultural. Abram's tithe was both agricultural and clothing.

We must also take into account that the story as related in Genesis is descriptive, not prescriptive.
he,abram rather informed the king of sodom that he would not that anything that formally belong to sodom before the war,so that it won't seem abram became rich on their expense(integrity).
All others were for him and his army cum servants.
After that part,he paid his tithe of the remaining spoils of war.
Differentiating between tithe as demanded of the israelites and what abram did on the point of WHAT WAS GIVEN as tithe has to consider the fruit of the substance,what wealth is measured in, cash crop,animals,spoils of war,money, depending on the epoch.
You may say the story is descriptive,but the bottomline was that he paid tithe and understood the concept even before the laws.
What has changed so far is the threat of punishment attached to the concept,cos we are in a different dispensation.
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by MarkMiwerds(m): 2:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
Montaque:
he,abram rather informed the king of sodom that he would not that anything that formally belong to sodom before the war,so that it won't seem abram became rich on their expense(integrity).
All others were for him and his army cum servants.
After that part,he paid his tithe of the remaining spoils of war.
Differentiating between tithe as demanded of the israelites and what abram did on the point of WHAT WAS GIVEN as tithe has to consider the fruit of the substance,what wealth is measured in, cash crop,animals,spoils of war,money, depending on the epoch.
You may say the story is descriptive,but the bottomline was that he paid tithe and understood the concept even before the laws.
What has changed so far is the threat of punishment attached to the concept,cos we are in a different dispensation.
again, Scripture proves you to be incorrect . Notice:

Genesis 14:22 (KJV) 22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,

Genesis 14:23 (KJV) 23 That I will not [take] from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that [is] thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

Genesis 14:24 (KJV) 24 Save only that which the young men have eaten, and the portion of the men which went with me, Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre; let them take their portion.

Abram said he would not take any of the spoils as his own, AND,he would not take any of Bera's recovered spoils either. He only implored that the king give shares to Aner, Eshcol & Mamre. None of it was for him at all.

The text reveals Abram gave the tithe. He did not pay it. There is absolutely nothing in the chapter, nor in Hebrews 7 to indicate it as something owed. The text also reveals that the tithe was given PRIOR TO Abram's speaking to Bera, not after.

Historical research uncovers key information as to why Abram may have given those tithes to Melchizedek.

An Oxford Professor by the name of G. Maspero wrote an interesting book at the torn of the twentieth century AD. That book is called, "The Struggle of Nations". In it, one chapter gives an account of his speaking with the curator at the British Museum. The museum had recently acquired two clay tablets with cuneiform etchings on them.

The etchings show ancient Babylonians and Assyrians tithing of war spoils to their kings.

Pagans tithing war spoils. Isn't it interesting that, under the Mosaic Law God did not require tithes of war spoils, but that He required far, far less from war spoils? But back to the clay tablets and what significant role they may have in revealing Abram's motives for giving that tithe.

The clay tablets, according to Charles Pinches, the curator, were dated to 2200 BC. That's 287 years prior to Abram's mmeting Melchizedek in the Valley of Chaveh. Again, the dating of these tablets is important as we are about to find out.

The Bible discloses to the reader that Abram was from Ur of the Chaldees... a Babylonian country. Abram was a Hebrew familiar with the custom of the Chaldeeans. He would have known it was customary to give a tenth of war spoils to kings. Thus, his honoring Melchizedek with the tenth of the spoils may have been due to custom he was well acquainted with.

Abram's tithe appears to have been voluntary and due to pagan custom. There is no indication in the Word of God that any man prior to Abram gave tithes of war spoils or anything else. So, Biblical texts and Historical records would tell us that Abram tithed to the king Melchizedek simply due to the pagan customs he was familiar with.

As to your argument that it is the penalty that we are not under, I submit to you that it is noy only the penalty, but the Lawas well. Again, Acts 21 clearly has James saying they gave no commandment for the Gentile Believers to keep the Mosaic Law. How are we required to keep a Law that we were never commanded to keep?
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by Montaque(m): 3:04pm On Jan 21, 2015
MarkMiwerds:
again, Scripture proves you to be incorrect . Notice:

Genesis 14:22 (KJV) 22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,

Genesis 14:23 (KJV) 23 That I will not [take] from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that [is] thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

Genesis 14:24 (KJV) 24 Save only that which the young men have eaten, and the portion of the men which went with me, Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre; let them take their portion.

Abram said he would not take any of the spoils as his own, AND,he would not take any of Bera's recovered spoils either. He only implored that the king give shares to Aner, Eshcol & Mamre. None of it was for him at all.

The text reveals Abram gave the tithe. He did not pay it. There is absolutely nothing in the chapter, nor in Hebrews 7 to indicate it as something owed. The text also reveals that the tithe was given PRIOR TO Abram's speaking to Bera, not after.

Historical research uncovers key information as to why Abram may have given those tithes to Melchizedek.

An Oxford Professor by the name of G. Maspero wrote an interesting book at the torn of the twentieth century AD. That book is called, "The Struggle of Nations". In it, one chapter gives an account of his speaking with the curator at the British Museum. The museum had recently acquired two clay tablets with cuneiform etchings on them.

The etchings show ancient Babylonians and Assyrians tithing of war spoils to their kings.

Pagans tithing war spoils. Isn't it interesting that, under the Mosaic Law God did not require tithes of war spoils, but that He required far, far less from war spoils? But back to the clay tablets and what significant role they may have in revealing Abram's motives for giving that tithe.

The clay tablets, according to Charles Pinches, the curator, were dated to 2200 BC. That's 287 years prior to Abram's mmeting Melchizedek in the Valley of Chaveh. Again, the dating of these tablets is important as we are about to find out.

The Bible discloses to the reader that Abram was from Ur of the Chaldees... a Babylonian country. Abram was a Hebrew familiar with the custom of the Chaldeeans. He would have known it was customary to give a tenth of war spoils to kings. Thus, his honoring Melchizedek with the tenth of the spoils may have been due to custom he was well acquainted with.

Abram's tithe appears to have been voluntary and due to pagan custom. There is no indication in the Word of God that any man prior to Abram gave tithes of war spoils or anything else. So, Biblical texts and Historical records would tell us that Abram tithed to the king Melchizedek simply due to the pagan customs he was familiar with.

As to your argument that it is the penalty that we are not under, I submit to you that it is noy only the penalty, but the Lawas well. Again, Acts 21 clearly has James saying they gave no commandment for the Gentile Believers to keep the Mosaic Law. How are we required to keep a Law that we were never commanded to keep?
good research that was.
If abram's tithe was out of pagan inclination,the writer of hebrews wouldn't have made any sense out of it,cause it wasn't to God. So I don't follow the line that its a pagan doctrine among the chaldeans that abram was keeping. He was paying it to God,there were other kings around,but he chose that of salem. He feared God.
Also the history line you drew hasn't refuted that abram paid tithe,it only tried to bring a different motive to it,which is ungodly and God wouldn't have wanted his people to practice.
Any doubt about genesis will meet a better explanation in hebrews,where the writer showed us that abram paid even for himself and those in his loins. A good analysis of hebrews will tell us better.
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by MarkMiwerds(m): 3:47pm On Jan 21, 2015
Montaque:
good research that was.
If abram's tithe was out of pagan inclination,the writer of hebrews wouldn't have made any sense out of it,cause it wasn't to God. So I don't follow the line that its a pagan doctrine among the chaldeans that abram was keeping. He was paying it to God,there were other kings around,but he chose that of salem. He feared God.
Also the history line you drew hasn't refuted that abram paid tithe,it only tried to bring a different motive to it,which is ungodly and God wouldn't have wanted his people to practice.
Any doubt about genesis will meet a better explanation in hebrews,where the writer showed us that abram paid even for himself and those in his loins. A good analysis of hebrews will tell us better.
Hebrews does not say Abram paid tithes. He gave a temth of the spoils.

Sorry, but in the absense of any Biblical text to prove otherwise, I have to believe that the Historical artifacts reveal the reason Abram gave tithes to Melchizedek was because of the customs of that period of time.
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by Montaque(m): 7:27pm On Jan 21, 2015
MarkMiwerds:
Hebrews does not say Abram paid tithes. He gave a temth of the spoils.

Sorry, but in the absense of any Biblical text to prove otherwise, I have to believe that the Historical artifacts reveal the reason Abram gave tithes to Melchizedek was because of the customs of that period of time.
ok.
Hebrews 7 vs 6 puts it beyond doubt that what abram paid to the king of salem was his tithe.
Also, verse 8 and 9 also makes us understand that in the way israelites paid tithe to the levites,so also had abram paid for himself and his offsprings yet unborn ie the levites. The same reason and purpose.
I must now say that the concept was before the law recognised.
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by personal59: 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2015
Atmmachine:
Just say this = Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed.
Thanks

Yes guy u re right U are very stupid. But hw stupid are u is what I can't quantify.
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by brocab: 11:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
Yes he fulfilled the laws, Jesus made it better for us, after his death.
You who tithe only obey the laws before his death.

Haven't you realized Jesus had fulfilled the laws after he had rising.
Tithing wasn't for everyone-Jesus didn't preach on the tithing messages because he knew those old Laws were going to change.

Luke 21:6, Jesus predicts the destruction of the tithing temple made by men.

He also predicts in three days his temple body will be built, made by God.
That's why Jesus says seek his kingdom and all his righteous, and all things shall be added to you.

Galatians 3:24, He had changed the old covenant your forefathers had, into a new covenant, tithing was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith, but after faith has come we are no longer under a tutor.

We are now under grace.

Galatians 5-4 spells it out pretty clearly- You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by Law; you have falling from grace.
Go back to the word of God, look at the changes Jesus had changed after his death for us, we are no longer under O/T laws, we have been set free.
Jesus has rising.

And the young rich man obeyed all the laws, Jesus said: give all what you have to the poor and come follow me.
The young rich ruler had walked away sorrowful lacking one law; given by Jesus.
Montaque:
what's ur opinion on the commandments,are they also the laws we shouldn't be under?
Jesus Christ instructed the young rich ruler to keep all the laws,which he replied that he has kept up from his youth.
He also said he hasn't come to abolish the law but to fulfil it.
Are the laws of Moses now a sin under the grace dispensation?

1 Like

Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by DuBLINGreenb(m): 11:39am On May 15, 2015
cheesy
Weah96:

He's polishing a turd and trying to pass it off as a piece of diamond. What are you saying, Sir?

I've also seen some radical snake charmers that work with real, venomous snakes. There is deception in art, believe me. TB Joshua is practicing magic, the cheap one.

Cheap magic you say? Others say film tricks another day I'll hear another one.
And till today no one has been able to expose him or do better.
His consistency for more than 20 years and the fact that his scope encompasses Mexico,Indonesia,Usa,Columbia,South Africa etc places you cannot easily bribe everyone
His testifiers include Drogba's father and brother, Onazi, 3 presidents of Ghana, Jim Iyke, zulu king,Limpopo King, consul general of poland,Tee mac omatshola Itsheli, camilla imberekpe, Cece winans,Kanu Google the rest .. people that you can't bribe or it will cost you millions to bribe...add all this big names plus the ones you'll get on Google that gave testimony in his church multiply by the bribe you think each will be paid and see how stupid it is to think what TB does is film tricks then add their flight cost to that
Now tell us how much you pay for offering is it from there he will get the money to settle everybody? And still have a more to donate to various relief organisations and give scholarship to thousands of people across the globe and aide Haiti?

If it is fake it will wash and TBJ is not washing
If he is evil how come your righteous prayers and that of the many of your kind have not been able to deliver him for more than a decade now?

My dad got testimony from TB J's church so I know he is real before that I had been watching him when he started newly I was little then and he had a beard and was very thin .. since then till date people have been saying he is bad yet he has kept on growing

Without adverts he fills stadiums in non English speaking countries
Google or watch on youtube TB JOSHUA Mexico / Indonesia/ Cali Columbia in this places he has been honoured by their police,community and various other organisations AND YET YOU COMPARE HIM to a snake charmer
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 16, 2016
MarkMiwerds:
I wrote this article yesterday afternoon...

What Is Your Problem?
by Ronald W Robey

Do you tithe 10% of your income to your local Church? Have you “tithed” faithfully for several years and not seen the results that you expected? The Preacher promised you God would “rebuke the devourer” if you would just obey the command to tithe, and yet, you still experience many health problems? Your garden doesn't seem to flourish as well as it should?

Let me ask….

Would you consider not tithing 10% of your income to your Church? Believe it or not, those health problems may be directly connected to your tithing. Your vegetation not flourishing may be directly related to your tithing. Notice:

Deuteronomy 28:35 The LORD shall smite thee in the knees, and in the legs, with a sore botch that cannot be healed, from the sole of thy foot unto the top of thy head.

The above verse, and pretty much the whole chapter beginning at verse 14, is God’s pronouncement of the curses that He gave to the children of Israel for disobedience to His Law. Notice the above verse says the LORD would place a botch (skin cancer) in the knees and legs, even on the whole body because of disobedience to the Law that He handed down to Moses for the children of Israel. And not just botches, but madness, (insanity) blindness, and astonishment of the heart. (confusion)

You may say, “Yes, but I am not under the Law. I am under Grace. Those illnesses and curses cannot apply to me.”

Oh really? Have you considered the following verse?

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Stop and think for a moment. Is not the command to tithe a command in the Mosaic Law? Are you not attempting to keep that one command written in the Law?

But though you attempt to obey God's command to tithe, the fact is, you fail miserably... even when you give 10% of your money faithfully to your local pastor.

Notice the command concerning God's holy tithes. Read it carefully and prayerfully...

Leviticus 27:30 And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD’S: it is holy unto the LORD.
Leviticus 27:31 And if a man will at all redeem ought of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth part thereof.
Leviticus 27:32 And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the LORD.
Leviticus 27:33 He shall not search whether it be good or bad, neither shall he change it: and if he change it at all, then both it and the change thereof shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.

The answer is obvious. It is indeed in the Mosaic Law. There is no command for tithes prior to the Mosaic Law being handed down to Moses. Nor is there a command to tithe after the destruction of the Jewish Temple in AD 70.

And the Word of God says if you wish to be under the Law, you must keep the whole Law. (see Gal. 3:10 above) Now realize this...

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

When you heard your pastor preach that Malachi 3:8-10 is God command for you to tithe, and you yielded to that message, you placed yourself in the jurisdiction of the Mosaic Law, its blessings, and it’s curses included.

Package deal.

Now, you might think. “But I am tithing, so I am not breaking the Law. Therefore, the curses associated with breaking the Law cannot be applied to my situation.” Again, you would be wrong… for the following two reasons.

1. Galatians 3:10 above says if you place yourself under the Law, you are a debtor to do the whole Law…. not just tithing. You must obey all the commandments contained in the ordinances of the Mosaic Law if you submit to any one of those commandments.

2. James 2:10 states that if we offend in one point of the Law, we are guilty of all the Law. Again, it is a package deal. Even if you were not required to keep the other commandments contained in the ordinances of the Mosaic Law, and the only command you were required to keep was the tithe command, you have still failed miserably.

God said His holy tithes were to be agricultural, not money. (see Leviticus 27:30-33 above) Because you choose to place yourself under the jurisdiction of the Mosaic Law, you break the Law when you attempt to tithe money instead of agricultural produce and livestock as the Law commands.

Further, God said His tithe was to go to the Levites, widows, orphans and strangers dwelling in Canaan, (see Numbers 18:21-28; Deuteronomy 14:28-29) not to pastors of Church's on Gentile soil.

As you can see, it is possible that your skin cancer, your bad knees, your many health problems, may well be a result of your tithing. You have placed yourself under the Law and may be reaping the consequences of disobedience to that Law.

Might be a good time to read Deuteronomy 28 in its entirety to see if any of the other curses might apply to your current situation.

Uh-huh.

Oh, doctors may be able to treat the skin cancer. They may be able to do knee replacement as well. They may even be able to treat many other illnesses you have contracted. But at what cost? Money that your household could have used, money that your neighbor could have used, gone to doctors and hospitals instead.

But we have the Great Physician named Jesus Christ who also has the answer in His Word.

Get out of the house of the Law. You don’t belong there. (Romans 7:1-4) You are married to the One who rose from the dead… act like it! Stop attempting to obey a Law that was never meant for you to obey.(Psalm 147:19-20 )

As long as you remain unfaithful to God, you will remain in His sore displeasure.

It’s either the Law, or it’s Grace. You must choose which you want to live under. But, you cannot have the best of both worlds. In the Law, there is no “best”. The Law brings death because man is unable to keep it in its entirety. Grace brings life and liberty to those to whom God has bestowed it upon.

In Malachi, the entire nation of Israel was under the curse because of the actions of the Priests. Deuteronomy 28 reveals that family and nation alike will be affected by disobedience to the Law.

The Law was never meant for us. Who has bewitched you into placing yourself in its jurisdiction. Make your way to the nearest exit as quickly as possible.

Walk in Grace.

I love this. God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tim Lahaye Is Dead / I Am A Freemason, Feel Free To Ask Me Anything On Freemasonry / Who Is A Lawful Captive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 198
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.