Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,561 members, 7,955,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:28 PM

How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua (24711 Views)

"Insult The Prophet TB Joshua & Evoke Curses Upon Yourself" - Fan / How Pastors Have Sex With Members - Olukoya / How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by brocab: 11:57am On Aug 18, 2016
Who is T B Joshua anyway? Just another man ripping of the system, his curses will work on you if you allow Him too, like the devil, don't forget Jesus is the power, the only power-T B Joshua-who's he?
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
TheSixthSense:

I love this. God bless you
Thank you! God bless you and your family this wonderful day!
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:50am On Sep 25, 2016
Montaque:
ok.
Hebrews 7 vs 6 puts it beyond doubt that what abram paid to the king of salem was his tithe.
Also, verse 8 and 9 also makes us understand that in the way israelites paid tithe to the levites,so also had abram paid for himself and his offsprings yet unborn ie the levites. The same reason and purpose.
I must now say that the concept was before the law recognised.
What Abram gave to Melchizedek was the spoills of war. Not Abram's monetary income.
Nor were the tithes of the Israelites of their monetary income.

No one in the Bible tithed their monetary income.
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by Montaque(m): 4:09pm On Sep 25, 2016
MarkMiwerds:
What Abram gave to Melchizedek was the spoills of war. Not Abram's monetary income.

One tenth of your increase whatever way it comes, as a farmer or a banker.
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by MuttleyLaff: 10:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
MarkMiwerds:

1So Isaac called for Jacob, blessed him,
and said, “You must not marry any of these Canaanite women.
2Instead, go at once to Paddan-aram, to the house of your grandfather Bethuel, and marry one of your uncle Laban’s daughters.
3May God Almighty bless you and give you many children. And may your descendants multiply and become many nations!
4May God pass on to you and your descendants the blessings he promised to Abraham.
May you own this land where you are now living as a foreigner, for God gave this land to Abraham
.”

10Meanwhile, Jacob left Beersheba and traveled toward Haran.
11At sundown he arrived at a good place to set up camp and stopped there for the night.
Jacob found a stone to rest his head against and lay down to sleep.
12As he slept, he dreamed of a stairway that reached from the earth up to heaven. And he saw the angels of God going up and down the stairway.
13At the top of the stairway stood the Lord, and he said,
“I am the Lord, the God of your grandfather Abraham, and the God of your father, Isaac.
The ground you are lying on belongs to you. I am giving it to you and your descendants.
14Your descendants will be as numerous as the dust of the earth!
They will spread out in all directions—to the west and the east, to the north and the south.
And all the families of the earth will be blessed through you and your descendants
15What’s more, I am with you, and I will protect you wherever you go.
One day I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have finished giving you everything I have promised you
.”
16Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I wasn’t even aware of it!”
17But he was also afraid and said, “What an awesome place this is! It is none other than the house of God, the very gateway to heaven!”
18The next morning Jacob got up very early. He took the stone he had rested his head against, and he set it upright as a memorial pillar. Then he poured olive oil over it.
19He named that place Bethel (which means “house of God”), although it was previously called Luz.
20Then Jacob made this vow:
“If God will indeed be with me and protect me on this journey, and if he will provide me with food and clothing,
21and if I return safely to my father’s home, then the Lord will certainly be my God.
22And this memorial pillar I have set up will become a place for worshiping God,
and I will present to God a tenth of everything he gives me.”

- Genesis 28:1-4, 10-22

The above was Jacob’s dream at Bethel and his promise to tithe
The tithe was officially claimed and ordered for by God in
Leviticus 27:30, 32-33

Jacob, as we know was, later in Genesis 32, renamed Israel by God,
and also, the term Israelite, actually is a derivation from his new name, Israel.

The Israelites not only got their name from Jacob's new name (i.e. Israel),
their national identity of paying tithe is an inherited obligation from Jacob and this national obligation came about mainly due to the vow Jacob made in Genesis 28:22

''One tenth of the produce of the land, whether grain from the fields or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD
and must be set apart to him as holy
''
- Leviticus 27:30 NLT

32Every tenth head of cattle or sheep that you counted is holy and belongs to the LORD.
33You must not look to see if it is good or bad or exchange it.
But if you do exchange it, both the first animal and its substitute will be holy. They cannot be bought back."

- Leviticus 27:32-33

Four hundred and thirty plus years later, upon the Israelites leaving Egypt and arriving at Canaan, (i.e. the Promised land), God, in Leviticus 27:30 staked a claim for what is rightfully His

The Israelites, in effect because of Jacob's promise to God in Genesis 28:22, had to and must pay tithe

Genesis 28:10-22 narrates how this Israelite tithing thing all came about

Genesis 28:10-22 describes the mutual promise of what each in the Jacob-God party will do for the other
(i.e. what each shall do, give, take and receive)

God's promise to bring Jacob back to Canaan, not to leave him until God had finished giving Jacob everything He had promised Jacob provoked an emotional reaction from Jacob that triggered Jacob to counter-promise give tithe to God if he ''return safely to his father’s home''

That tithe promised by Jacob to give, was officially claimed and ordered for by God from the Israelites, beginning in Leviticus 27:30, 32-33

Montaque:
''One tenth of the produce of the land, whether grain from the fields or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD
and must be set apart to him as holy
''
- Leviticus 27:30 NLT

32Every tenth head of cattle or sheep that you counted is holy and belongs to the LORD.
33You must not look to see if it is good or bad or exchange it.
But if you do exchange it, both the first animal and its substitute will be holy. They cannot be bought back."

- Leviticus 27:32-33

Tithing was for the agro based or agriculture-based setting,
and it specifically has to enforced or be done in regards to lands or locations in the Israel (i.e. Canaan, the Promised Land)

The arable/husbandry land owner or employer-farmer pays tithe,
the worker or employee farmhand is exempted,
as there is/was no law that required a tenth of one's monetary salary to be tithed

The tenth of the increase is particurlarly only with an agro based or agriculture-based setting
and the selection is done by letting the flock pass over a rod,
where every tenth count whether good or bad looking is God's and put aside as tithe

If a farmer, at the beginning of the year, started with one cow and at end of the year had 9 cows, then according to Leviticus 27:32 methodology of paying tithe, the farmer has no case of tithe paying here

Salary earners such as bankers etcetera, have no business with paying tithes

Besides so many other informative and persuasive reasons, if at all one is determined and hell-bent on paying tithe,
then, one has to be an Israelite and the land which tithe is paid on or paid from has to be in Israel (i.e. Canaan the Promised Land)
Re: How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:51am On Sep 26, 2016
Montaque:

God never commanded tithes of money. He never even said we are to give a tenth of our increase.

He said the children of Israel were to give a tenth of their agricultural increase. And that wasn't even to go to the House of God. It was to be taken to the Levites in the farming communities in the Promised Land.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tim Lahaye Is Dead / I Am A Freemason, Feel Free To Ask Me Anything On Freemasonry / Who Is A Lawful Captive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.