Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,920 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert (3148 Views)

Fayose's Newspaper Advert Against Buhari In 2015 (Throwback Photo) / Fayose Celebrates Tinubu's 65th Birthday With Newspaper Advert (Photo) / APC Rejects PDP’s Denial Of Fayose’s Controversial Buhari Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by kediG: 2:54pm On Jan 19, 2015

Governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose had put out this advert, pictured above, for Jonathan’s re-election on Punch newspapers which hit the stands today. APC is deeply concerned about it and presidential candidate General Buhari took to Twitter to bare his mind. Tweets continue after the cut…

http://www.clemmag.com/buhari-reacts-fayoses-controversial-newspaper-advert/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by priscaoge(f): 2:57pm On Jan 19, 2015
Mstchewwwwww undecided
Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 19, 2015
Fayose can even go-ahead to publish Buhari's Obituary in the media, it is irrelevant. As the General will live to take charge of Nigeria and shall serve out his full term in office. In few years time we all shall celebrate him on his 80th birthday party. Sai Muhammadu Buhari
Our General
Our Incoming President

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by Realist5: 2:58pm On Jan 19, 2015
President Jonathan forgot that he become the President via northerners now he's mocking them. Baba, Why this CLUELESS advert now? Well, he can go ahead to publish anything. Bite the fingers that feeds you.... We just need a solid CHANGE...GMB is our Messiah
Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by waternogeteneny: 2:59pm On Jan 19, 2015
This is simply a case of Gen Buhari religious bigotry gone a step too far.

Call for imposition of Sharia all across the country, even in the mainly Christian south.

Gen Buhari categorically stated that;"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria, " Buhari said, "God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country," Buhari said.

"Buhari calls for Sharia in all states, was defended by supporters as simply a call for the full implementation of Sharia in areas where Muslims predominated.

Buhari Politics of Religion an affront to the sensibility of Christians

The comments are the second by Buhari that have courted controversy after he called earlier this year for Muslims to vote at the next presidential elections only for someone who would defend their faith. This was criticised by the press as a call for voting along religious lines

Buhari categorically said; "It is a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria, to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia wholeheartedly ... and to educate non-Muslims that they have nothing to fear," he said.

"What remains for Muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts, educate Muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of Sharia law," he went on. - AFP

Buhari recourse to political pastors at the eleventh hour an act of political desperation or ridicule of the Christian faith

In December 17, 2014 APC announces Pastor Yemi Osinbajo as Gen. Buhari's running mate. A Pastor at Olive Tree House of Prayer for All Nations, Banana Island, a parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God. APC not satisfied with this appointment then created a fake twitter @RCCGWorldwide account of RCCG to announce the endorsement of Pastor Yemi by the General Oversea of RCCG Pastor Adeboye.
This move prompted Pastor Adeboye through his verified Facebook page to disowned the Twitter handle and condemns yet another desperate scheme by the APC.

In the Facebook post, Pastor Adeboye said; “On behalf of The Governing Council of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, we would like to inform the public that RCCG is not affiliated nor represented by @rccgworldwide. The church’s official twitter page is @rccghq. The church cherishes the right of all citizens to participate in the democratic process to vote."

We have no doubts that the APC is a Party that attempts to use and parade Pastors as VP candidates to divide or mislead the innocent sheep and Nigerians with cherished Conservative or Liberal views and clear the known perception of Bigotry hanging over the head of its candidate and one time dictactor, General Buhari.

Other statements from the Church's AUTHENTIC twitter Handle Include:@rccghq: “RCCG is not affiliated nor represented by @rccgworldwide.
“The church’s official twitter page is @rccghq.”In no fewer than four other tweets, the church equally faulted the endorsement of Osinbajo by the creators of @rccgworldwide.One of the tweets by the Pastors reads: “RCCG has not celebrated anybody for any position in the forthcoming elections! The #OfficialRCCG handle is @rccghq. Do not be misled.” Another reads: “We are a mission and we do not meddle into politics #RCCG #OfficialRCCG @RCCGworldwide is wrong.”Another said: “#OfficialRCCG – @rccghq We do not denounce neither do we endorse candidacies for elections. We are not a political party.

APC Political Pastor Ejike Mbaka and the church drama

In gospel of Mark 12:17 Jesus Christ himself said; "Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's." and in John 2:16 Jesus Christ said "Get these things out of here. Stop turning my Father's house into a marketplace."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by themilanway(m): 2:59pm On Jan 19, 2015
I don't take anyone or anything that associate's with GEJ seriously.

Embrace the change!
Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by html14java(f): 2:59pm On Jan 19, 2015
Am here to read comments
Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by Goahead(m): 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
Lol these guys are crazy daft men.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by TippyTop(m): 3:03pm On Jan 19, 2015
The thing pain Buhari well well.

"An old woman is always uneasy when dry bones are mentioned in a proverb."

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by dguyindcorner(m): 3:04pm On Jan 19, 2015
[s]
waternogeteneny:

Call for imposition of Sharia all across the country, even in the mainly Christian south.

Gen Buhari categorically stated that;"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria, " Buhari said, "God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country," Buhari said.

"Buhari calls for Sharia in all states, was defended by supporters as simply a call for the full implementation of Sharia in areas where Muslims predominated.

The comments are the second by Buhari that have courted controversy after he called earlier this year for Muslims to vote at the next presidential elections only for someone who would defend their faith. This was criticised by the press as a call for voting along religious lines

Buhari categorically said; "It is a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria, to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia wholeheartedly ... and to educate non-Muslims that they have nothing to fear," he said.

"What remains for Muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts, educate Muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of Sharia law," he went on. - AFP

Buhari recourse to political pastors at the eleventh hour an act of political desperation or ridicule of the Christian faith

In December 17, 2014 APC announces Pastor Yemi Osinbajo as Gen. Buhari's running mate. A Pastor at Olive Tree House of Prayer for All Nations, Banana Island, a parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God. APC not satisfied with this appointment then created a fake twitter @RCCGWorldwide account of RCCG to announce the endorsement of Pastor Yemi by the General Oversea of RCCG Pastor Adeboye.
This move prompted Pastor Adeboye through his verified Facebook page to disowned the Twitter handle and condemns yet another desperate scheme by the APC.

In the Facebook post, Pastor Adeboye said; “On behalf of The Governing Council of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, we would like to inform the public that RCCG is not affiliated nor represented by @rccgworldwide. The church’s official twitter page is @rccghq. The church cherishes the right of all citizens to participate in the democratic process to vote."

We have no doubts that the APC is a Party that attempts to use and parade Pastors as VP candidates to divide or mislead the innocent sheep and Nigerians with cherished Conservative or Liberal views and clear the known perception of Bigotry hanging over the head of its candidate and one time dictactor, General Buhari.

Other statements from the Church's AUTHENTIC twitter Handle Include:@rccghq: “RCCG is not affiliated nor represented by @rccgworldwide.
“The church’s official twitter page is @rccghq.”In no fewer than four other tweets, the church equally faulted the endorsement of Osinbajo by the creators of @rccgworldwide.One of the tweets by the Pastors reads: “RCCG has not celebrated anybody for any position in the forthcoming elections! The #OfficialRCCG handle is @rccghq. Do not be misled.” Another reads: “We are a mission and we do not meddle into politics #RCCG #OfficialRCCG @RCCGworldwide is wrong.”Another said: “#OfficialRCCG – @rccghq We do not denounce neither do we endorse candidacies for elections. We are not a political party.

In gospel of Mark 12:17 Jesus Christ himself said; "Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's." and in John 2:16 Jesus Christ said "Get these things out of here. Stop turning my Father's house into a marketplace."
[/s]

Think with your brain. ROBOT MUGABE!!!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by anonimi: 3:08pm On Jan 19, 2015
Realist5:
President Jonathan forgot that he become the President via northerners now he's mocking them. Baba, Why this CLUELESS advert now? Well, he can go ahead to publish anything. Bite the fingers that feeds you.... We just need a solid CHANGE...GMB is our Messiah

Is Ayo Fayose the same as Goodluck Jonathan or are you also afflicted by the Cow Cloned Brain Syndrome

PDP should CAREFULLY weigh the pros & cons of disowning the advert and act accordingly. They may find it is better to remain QUIET about the gaffe just as Fashola and APC have remained quiet about his Jimi Agabaje old age gaffe.

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by TippyTop(m): 3:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
[s][quote author=dguyindcorner post=29933730

Think with your brain. ROBOT MUGABE!!![/quote][/s]
STFU

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by anonimi: 3:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
dguyindcorner:
[s][/s]

Think with your brain. ROBOT MUGABE!!!

You mean this man?

[img]http://1.bp..com/-orVbiu_oKqI/TmUX6Z_YZ7I/AAAAAAAAGTA/zKexG35Y5Tw/s1600/Mugabe.jpg[/img]

Which of our two main presidential candidates MORE closely resembles Mugabe physically- I did not mention age oh, abeg grin

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nonsense!
waternogeteneny:

Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by donphilopus: 3:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
I've just got somethings to campaign with. If I can win someone's (potential Jonathan's voter's) vote for Buhari, I would ensure that the person makes a change of mind, ie, would not vote for Jonathan. I will make sure I campaign against Jonathan with this Fayose's advert. And I trust my people, they will believe me when I substantiate my claim with proofs. Jonathan is finished!
Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by clevvermind(m): 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
TippyTop:
The thing pain Buhari well well.

"An old woman is always uneasy when dry bones are mentioned in a proverb."
true. Buhari can go and kill himself over Jonathan. Jonathan till buhari will remember his phone number. grin

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
anonimi:

Is Ayo Fayose the same as Goodluck Jonathan or are you also afflicted by the Cow Cloned Brain Syndrome

PDP should CAREFULLY weigh the pros & cons of disowning the advert and act accordingly.

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos
PDP should just forget about the north. I'm sure APC will campaign with the comment of Fayose.
Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
We shall render PDP useless politically
donphilopus:
I've just got somethings to campaign with. If I can win someone's (potential Jonathan's voter's) vote for Buhari, I would ensure that the person makes a change of mind, ie, would not vote for Jonathan. I will make sure I campaign against Jonathan with this Fayose's advert. And I trust my people, they will believe me when I substantiate my claim with proofs. Jonathan is finished!
Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by Sibrah: 3:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
While southerners aren't getting PVC, some Niger republic nationals are already getting theirs . . . Lol
What's holding INEC if not corruption

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by anonimi: 3:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
PDP should just forget about the north. I'm sure APC will campaign with the comment of Fayose.

There are several ways of dealing with political GAFFES such as this one from Fashola, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2040921_bharritooold_jpege470cdf42d88557f9071116b9515de52

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by donphilopus: 3:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
barcanista:
We shall render PDP useless politically

I dey tells you. If rat no fit chop something, he go use mouth destroy am. That's exactly what I'm trynna do. If I can't deliver a vote for Buhari, I would make sure Jonathan doesn't get the vote as well.
Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by KwoiZabo(m): 3:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
I think Fayose's add should read this way. GEJ ain't laughing at anybody's death.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by waternogeteneny: 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
GEJ had to come and build schools in the North whilst all Northern President sent their children abroad to school. This includes Buhari.

Vote wisely

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
donphilopus:

I dey tells you. If rat no fit chop something, he go use mouth destroy am. That's exactly what I'm trynna do. If I can't deliver a vote for Buhari, I would make sure Jonathan doesn't get the vote as well.
Fayose knows that he will be in hot soup when Buhari is elected President, because it will be an end to executive impunity and societal lawlessness at all levels.
Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by donphilopus: 3:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
barcanista:
Fayose knows that he will be in hot soup when Buhari is elected President, because it will be an end to executive impunity and societal lawlessness at all levels.

That's the reason he's panicking.
Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
donphilopus:

That's the reason he's panicking.
Unfortunately, there is nothing he can do about it
Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
anonimi:

There are several ways of dealing with political GAFFES such as this one from Fashola, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2040921_bharritooold_jpege470cdf42d88557f9071116b9515de52

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos
Keep consoling yourself. As for Fayose, he will not escape impeachment.
Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by Realist5: 3:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
anonimi:

PDP should CAREFULLY weigh the pros & cons of disowning the advert and act accordingly.

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos
U have brain problem I guess. Who is Fayose doing the campaign for? Ure clueless like or President. Oponu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by zimoni(f): 3:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
Now PDP is hitting below the belt,

They are really playing dirty.

Too bad.
Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
Duru1, say something.
Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by anonimi: 3:43pm On Jan 19, 2015
zimoni:
Now PDP is hitting below the belt,

They are really playing dirty.

Too bad.

Fayose is a slightly less refined version of the JagaBandit. He is simply returning some of the fire that the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC has been giving since time imoriver with their caricatures & demonisation of Jonathan.
In politics as in war, it is necessary to demonstrate that no one has the monopoly of chaos, to borrow from Busari Adelakun, the late Eruobodo of Ibadan politics.

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Reacts To Fayose’s Controversial Newspaper Advert by Yhinkss(m): 3:52pm On Jan 19, 2015
P D goat. Can never live their life. This is what happens when the affairs of the nation is given to rogues and rascals e.g. Fayoshe and co. Nothing like dignity to office anymore e.g. Mr Clueless Casual talks here and there e.g. Okupe

Criminals walking freely among the people e.g Alameisiah, Stella and so on. What won't happen. At least he said he has failed the generation, so his days are numbered.

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Chairman, Jega In Big Trouble! Replacement With Prof Olufemi Mimiko / Fani-kayode To Tinubu: You Can't Kill Me Like Funsho Williams / Atlantic Energy And Seven Energy Exposed As Conduits By Diezanni Madueke To Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.