Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means - Agriculture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means (82101 Views)

A Comprehensive description of an intensive snail farm and snails fattening feed / Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy / Ram Fattening Biz For Ileya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 9:28am On May 23, 2017
My option It is possible
Five Things To Work on
Fund Management Breed Feed Strategy
There are couples of farms doing it successfully

https:///AXsKK3oqtvt75NNebMaxWf
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 8:25am On Jun 05, 2017
EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT RAISING MEAT GOATS
BUT DIDN'T KNOW WHO TO ASK

If you are thinking about raising meat goats or if you are already raising meat goats and having problems, then this article may be for you. I am going to tell you what is involved in raising meat goats and what you need to have or acquire for this purpose. This is the information I give to people who call or email about raising meat goats.
Basic Truth: It isn't what you don't know that will get you; it is what you don't know that you need to know that will bite you in the butt every time.
You aren't going to make any money for several years because of start-up costs like buying land and animals (goats and livestock guardian dogs) plus installing pens, fencing, waterers, and other infrastructure. This is true in any business. If you don't have enough money to survive for as long as three years without taking money out of the business, you aren't likely to be successful. What you least expect will derail your plans -- droughts, abortion storms, predator strikes, floods, cold and heat stress killing kids as well as adults -- just to name a few. If it is easy or cheap, it doesn't work with goats. None of the financial projections of what you can earn raising meat goats takes these unexpected events into account while painting a rosy story of how easy it is to raise goats and how much money you can make. Both statements are outright lies; raising goats is never easy and ranching/farming is hard work that most of today's Americans aren't accustomed to or prepared to do. There are no holidays, vacations, or sick days. Animals eat daily, get sick at the most inconvenient times, and weather is a constant enemy. You have to live where the goats and dogs live and check on them daily; you can't raise them on an absentee basis. This is a lifestyle of days gone by, and you'd better be sure that it is what you want to do, because you can't escape from it once you start.
Goats are a dry-climate species. They can handle hot and cold but they don't do well in wet or wet and windy climates. Goats are not "little cows" and they should not be mentioned in the same sentence as sheep. Cattle and sheep are grass eaters. Goats are foragers/browsers -- not grazers; they move over acreage and eat like deer, "from the top down" to avoid stomach worms that suck blood that cause anemia and death. You can't deworm your way out of stomach worms either; frequent deworming simply builds super worms that are resistant to all classes of dewormers. Wet marshy climates are death to goats. I know that many people are trying to raise goats in such areas, but they are struggling with worms, hoof rot, coccidiosis, and a host of other problems that they can never totally overcome and their goats will never perform to their optimum because these conditions hold them back. I live in dry west Texas, which is goat country. Every year at GoatCamp™, Dr. Jim Miller, parasitologist at Louisiana University, has to bring goat pills containing worm eggs to use in doing fecals under microscopes because we simply can't find worms in the fecal pellets of my goats.
If you are going to raise goats for meat purposes and make money doing it, you must have sufficient land for goats from which they can feed themselves most of the year, supplementing only in times of bad weather. Bad weather is defined as all sorts of environmental stressors like extreme cold and heat, droughts, floods, high winds especially when coupled with rain, etc. You can't make any serious amount of money raising goats on less than 100 acres -- and even 100 acres won't allow much production. Meat goats can't tolerate crowding and the stress it brings; goats can't be feedlotted like cattle or sheep without significant mortality (death). Understand that I am not writing about highly-domesticated and heavily-managed dairy goats; they are totally different animals.
A-D-A-P-T-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y. Hardly anyone considers adaptability when they buy goats for breeding purposes. Goats need time to adapt to new environment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 8:01am On Jun 10, 2017
https:///AXsKK3oqtvt75NNebMaxWf

Do you want to learn more about the business then join us
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by Preprobiotics: 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2017
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440
Price from =N=1,500

Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by babalolaadebayor(m): 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2017
pls add me I have interest by 08145634170
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 8:15am On Jul 20, 2017
Gm have you heard of GREEN NATION
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 8:22am On Jul 20, 2017
Green Nation addresses two (2) Major Challenges hindering people from going into
Agriculture and it Allied Industries:
1. Lack of adequate TRAINING on Modern Farming Technique
2. Lack of FINANCIAL POWER to engage in Modern Farming which is
COMMERCIALIZED AGRICULTURE.
Who is Involved..??
1. Green Nation & Valuechain Services Ltd (The Company/Platform)
2. Green Nation Members (You & Me)
3. Green Nation Partners (IITA & Project Fix Nigeria, Songhai Centre etc)
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by ihedioramma: 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2017
Preprobiotics:
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440
Price from =N=1,500
is this for wash or what please ?
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 12:57pm On Sep 04, 2017
Molasses is for freeing animals
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 12:58pm On Sep 04, 2017
Molasses is for feeding animals
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by Twinmama(f): 9:26pm On Oct 13, 2017
Hello OP, well-done. Please your whatsapp link is not working. Can you please resend?

Please do you still have land for sale in Ido, if yes please what's the name of the village close to it, I'll need just 2 acres for now to start with.

Please if anybody have an idea about sinking borehole in the farm please contact me.

Can you also help in getting a farm assistant/ farm manager to help manage the farm.

I will like the e-book.

Do you have a farm where I can be trained, I'm starting my farm in January 2018, I'll like to get familiar with what I'm getting into, thanks
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by Larwin(m): 7:28pm On Oct 14, 2017
@Twinmama, you can contact me for your borehole needs. wink call/whatsapp 08060288869 so we can discuss further. You can also check my thread for more information.
Cheers wink
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 8:35am On Oct 20, 2017
@ Twinmama so sorry for replying late

You can contact me on 08120528950 calls & WhatsApp

Many thanks
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 10:07am On Mar 01, 2018
Something new is coming up in this month for interest people who want to make good money from cow & ram fattening businesses
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 10:08am On Mar 01, 2018
*Boluwajoko Golden Solutions*

We have organic solutions (herbs) for sale that can be use to raise Turkey & all other poultry birds from day old without using heat for brooding or any inorganic drugs with almost zero mortality
@N1,200 per litter

Raise cow ,goats, rams,pigs,rabbits without smells ,blot or almost zero mortality

Use our products to ferment feeds for cow,goat,ram,pigs,rabbit, dogs, Turkey, layers,broilers etc to reduce feed cost & maximize profit.

I have PURE molasses for sale at N500 per litter

1) Probiotic..EM1 solutions

2) Super Tagiri solutions

3) Immune Booster

4) Photosynthesising Bacteria

5) Molasses Liquid

6) Layers Special

7) liquid Organic Fertilizer

*Instructions*

Clean the house with antiseptics, remove all cob webs, then add 10 mls of LAB to 1 liter of unchlorinated water and sprinkle within and around the coop/pen

Use 10 mls each of the three products in 4 liters of water for birds daily until they are 3 weeks old

After 3 weeks all you do is apply the 3 solutions just once in a week until you sell the animals

1 liters each of the 3 is enough for 50 day old Turkey or broiler or pullets for 3 weeks

We also have organic fertilizer which when fully mixed with water, dry cow dung & dry poultry dung inside a metal drum & left for 2 weeks is sufficient to fertilize a hectare to give a bumper harvest.

If we don't plant or rear animals organically some herb might not be effective when applied

Thank you

Location is Ibadan Nigeria

We are in the era of knowledge

Go organic

Calls & WhatsApp 08120528950
boluwagoldensolution@gmail.com
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 12:03pm On Mar 06, 2018
Do you know that you can fatten calves for 9 months & sell off

Cow sale is year round

If you buy 15 calves ,feed, give fattening medication & manage them for 9 months & sell off

Or you just buy 5 calves every 3 months & fatten so as to have minimum of 3 cow sold off per month after 9 months of starting
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by matuskyoo7(m): 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
BoluwGoldenFarm:
Do you know that you can fatten calves for 9 months & sell off

Cow sale is year round

If you buy 15 calves ,feed, give fattening medication & manage them for 9 months & sell off

Or you just buy 5 calves every 3 months & fatten so as to have minimum of 3 cow sold off per month after 9 months of starting
can the medication be used on ram?

1 Like

Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 12:03pm On Mar 16, 2018
Yes @ matuskyoo7
Purely for all animals for preventive & curative
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 8:46am On Mar 19, 2018
Kindly join us in Ibadan for WAD goats project
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 11:19am On Apr 12, 2018
WAD is seriously making wave , why not start with it

1 Like

Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by Olatoyeaanu: 12:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
@boluwgoldenfarm..pls I manage a set of Friesian cows but they are not producing milk as expected,I really wish to know d type of feed to give them in order for them to produce milk as expected.. thanks,,I also need enlightenment on dis fodder issue.thanks
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by Olatoyeaanu: 12:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
@boluwgoldenfarm..pls I manage a set of Friesian cows but they are not producing milk as expected,I really wish to know d type of feed to give them in order for them to produce milk as expected.. thanks,,I also need enlightenment on dis fodder issue.thanks kiss smiley kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by Olobojay(m): 1:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
BoluwGoldenFarm:
WAD is seriously making wave , why not start with it

What is WAD??
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by Willie2015: 3:14pm On Apr 30, 2018
Olatoyeaanu:
@boluwgoldenfarm..pls I manage a set of Friesian cows but they are not producing milk as expected,I really wish to know d type of feed to give them in order for them to produce milk as expected.. thanks,,I also need enlightenment on dis fodder issue.thanks

Try Napier grass mixed with wheat bran.

How did you source for your friesian cows ? Full breed or cross breed.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 12:55pm On May 12, 2018
Good work
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by rahik53: 8:36am On Sep 09, 2018
Please I want to know how I can fatten my rams. I bought few rams before the eid celebration, and I have nine of them left which I have decided to keep until the next eid or December. So I want to know what type of feed I can give them that will fasten their growth at the shortest time possible

1 Like

Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 1:53pm On Sep 15, 2018
rahik53:
Please I want to know how I can fatten my rams. I bought few rams before the eid celebration, and I have nine of them left which I have decided to keep until the next eid or December. So I want to know what type of feed I can give them that will fasten their growth at the shortest time possible

Please go & buy kinghumivet mix in their water ,read the instructions on the sachet ,give casava peels, grass ,wheat offer
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 7:45pm On Sep 22, 2018
Good to be a farmer
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 6:58pm On Oct 29, 2019
Do you know that it easier to rear cow or calve than goats

If you do 9 months fattening of calve that is almost a year old is 10-12 months old & target to sell all by December
What l mean is that you stock like 5 calves by Feb & sell by Dec you will sell at least double your the buying price.
Cows have very low mortality rate compare with goats
Cow will not disturb your neighborhood like goat
Cow cannot be easily stolen or poison like goat

I can train you on how to go about it for a fee on WhatsApp 08120528950

What to expect:
Where to buy
Breed to buy
Cheap feed to use
How to prepared almost free feed
Small locally fabricated machines to buy
Medications
Zero grazing husbandry system
I will add you to WhatsApp group with other gurus in the biz
Etc

If you're interested kindly WhatsApp me on 08120528950 & send me the massage "ZERO CATTLE GRAZING TRAINING"
the
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 9:14am On Oct 30, 2019
Do you know that it easier to rear cow or calve than goats

If you do 9 months fattening of calve that is almost a year old is 10-12 months old & target to sell all by December
What l mean is that you stock like 5 calves by Feb & sell by Dec you will sell at least double your the buying price.
Cows have very low mortality rate compare with goats
Cow will not disturb your neighborhood like goat
Cow cannot be easily stolen or poison like goat

I can train you on how to go about it for a fee on WhatsApp 08120528950

What to expect:
Where to buy
Breed to buy
Cheap feed to use
How to prepared almost free feed
Small locally fabricated machines to buy
Medications
Zero grazing husbandry system
I will add you to WhatsApp group with other gurus in the biz
Etc

If you're interested kindly WhatsApp me on 08120528950 & send me the massage "ZERO CATTLE GRAZING TRAINING"

Or call 08136650972

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

This Onions Farmer Has Made It In Life (Pictured) / Quality Packaging For Your Rice,flour,animal Feeds,garri,fertilizer,cement Etc / Seedworld For All Your Hybrid Seeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.