Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,862 members, 7,828,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" (1357 Views)

8 Places Materialistic Ladies Choose For Valentine That Scare Many Guys Away / How Many Guys Can Say #amen To This Prayer???? / How Many Guys Can Do This To Their Love.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by Verovera(f): 8:58am On Jan 20, 2015
Like seriously, while I was growing up, I realized that it takes only the serious minded and courageous guys to woo a lady,
You get her attention first, you write love letters, follow up, etc. But since the evolution of social networks. Things had changed. Guys will just have to sit down at the comfort of their rooms, open their social account and start spewing rubbish.

I knew of 5 different male friends who got their girlfriends from social networks, personally, I used to have over 20 "wooers" monthly from social networks where as in real life, I mite not have more than 10 "wooers" in 5 months.
A lot of timid and lazy guys had been using the social medium to get girls that they don't have the courage of talking to in real life.
There was this little guy on my street, everyday I pass by, I always observed him looking at me and smiling. It continued for like 4 months without him talking to me. Just smile and sometimes "hello". So one day, I saw his facebook request. Only God knows how he got it. Second day after his request, he began to profess love and started giving me his manifestos. I was like "are you just seeing/meeting me?.

It so annoying this days that you will accept a guy's request on social network at 10am, and by 10:30am, the content of the chat will be "I love you, please be my girl, can you visit me?, can we hook up?". Like seriously?, Love?? Within 30minutes?. I remembered I decided to upgrade the security settings of my account but it won't just help matters. Out of every 10 friend request accepted per day, 8 will ask you out same day. And this are the guys that can't even initiate a chat in real life. Majority of them are kids in their under 19's.

I used to have a cousin. He will tell me that the easiest way to get girls within 1 week is to just draft a romantic sermon, copy and paste to all his badoo, facebook, nairaland preys. Out of every 10, atleast, 3 would reply, 2 would show interest and 1 would agree. So funny.
Thanks to social network, A lot of guys would have died single

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by Hazardd(m): 9:07am On Jan 20, 2015
Story for the gods

if not this social network,a lot of girls could have reach their menopause before they will marry

12 Likes

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by Redoil: 9:10am On Jan 20, 2015
Just passing. [s]
Nontheless i made a pass at a prominent and popular nairalander only for her to return it with insult and suggest i should keep my goatish reproach to my self. No thanks to social network. [/s]

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by rill: 9:13am On Jan 20, 2015
20 "wooers" monthly from social networks where as in real life, I mite not have more than 10 "wooers" in 5 months.

Rushes to check op's picture.....

Mtcheewww, walahi bois dey fvck up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by dlux: 9:21am On Jan 20, 2015
You have a point but even the courageous ones as u term it want basically the same thing. Truth is, most 9ja girls lack courtesy & respect for male folks. Often rude when approached. There are better ways to say no to a wooer but not in their case. Rejection is no fun sport. Guys are humans too & have feelings.

5 Likes

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 20, 2015
Redoil:
Just passing. [s]
Nontheless i made a pass at a prominent and popular nairalander only for her to return it with insult and suggest i should keep my goatish reproach to my self. No thanks to social network. [/s]

cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by Elegbede205(m): 9:37am On Jan 20, 2015
rill:
20 "wooers" monthly from social networks where as in real life, I mite not have more than 10 "wooers" in 5 months.

d op try nah...loool
Buh the digits no try atol atol
Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by naijaboiy: 9:42am On Jan 20, 2015
So if there were no social networks many guys would have died single right?

And many girls will die married to whom?

Goats? Dogs? Fowls? Or rams?

Mtcheeew! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by naijaboiy: 9:44am On Jan 20, 2015
rill:

Guy you af killed me gringrin

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by naijaboiy: 9:49am On Jan 20, 2015
Is it not the same social Network where so many girls whom guys don't even bat an eye-lid when they walk across the street,,who have almost been pummelled to death by low self-esteem,, come to spread their wings and form what they are not online.

They enjoy the attention they get online and off line they are nobody undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by petra22(f): 9:58am On Jan 20, 2015
Lots of lazy chykers out there and yes i do agree that social networking is one of the major contributing factor. A guy will be chyking you and would never take the initiative to call or take you on a date, everytime chatting from morning till night professing love in the laziest way possible. Very annoying something angry

2 Likes

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by Hawlahscho(m): 10:26am On Jan 20, 2015
Hazardd:
Story for the gods

if not this social network,a lot of girls could have reach their menopause before they will marry

Now she's saying "mo r'ogo"

5 Likes

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 20, 2015
Hazardd:
Story for the gods

She's happy about it, if not she wontnt have said I use to have 20 wooers, who are those dulling dude wooing u self...

2 Likes

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by jrerico1(m): 10:50am On Jan 20, 2015
Its better on social network, because the way girls snub guys nowadays is alarming, Imagine talking to a girl and she just continue listening to her music in pretense.

2 Likes

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by Oildichotomy(m): 10:53am On Jan 20, 2015
The social media has also created effects filtered girls with pouting behaviour.

A girl can be very photogenic on DP but astonishingly defaced in real life.

Girls are also getting more stubborn majorly due to the fact they get interests from konji-fied teens who are all over them on social media with likes and follows.

Though you made some valid points,i can't take that away from you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by Hazardd(m): 11:08am On Jan 20, 2015
malonephills:

She's happy about it, if not she wontnt have said I use to have 20 wooers, who are those dulling dude wooing u self...

i wonder o...

E be like say e don reach years since a guy never woo am. So she is reflecting on that...

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 20, 2015
Social networks afford a lot of guys the rare opportunity of knowing the mind of ladies before they go in to ask them out. It is never easy for a guy to ask a lady he likes out and gets rejected rather rudely in the process. Some ladies go as far as making the guy feel less than the man he is, probably because they think he is not attractive enough or because he has a little less than enough money to get by.

In order to avoid such humiliating experiences, a guy would rather prefer to know the mind of the lady he is interested in via social networks before any face to face encounter. Some ladies have said: "Don't you know shoe get size?" to some of my friends. Having had such experience, I won't blame the guy if he avoids further encounters with females.

Personally, I have asked only three ladies out face to face. Though I got positive responses from all three females but I noticed that such encounters demands more than is necessary. From females who believe every guy is a liar to those who play hard to get. It's just too easy and convenient to do it online than waste precious effort.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 20, 2015
if not for social network u for fit tell me dis kind thing to my face...mscheeeew!!!

3 Likes

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 20, 2015
rill:

Brother...we dey f-up no b small.. undecided
Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by Kolade354(m): 11:33am On Jan 20, 2015
Help me ask the OP her age.................She still dont knw the type of man she want.

1 Like

Re: Thanks To Social Network, Many Guys Would Have Died Single. "My Opinion" by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
petra22:
Lots of lazy chykers out there and yes i do agree that social networking is one of the major contributing factor. A guy will be chyking you and would never take the initiative to call or take you on a date, everytime chatting from morning till night professing love in the laziest way possible. Very annoying something angry
Lmao cheesy The era of free lunches is past. Now we want more bang for the buck, if you catch my drift wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Surprising Signs Your Boyfriend Is Your Best Friend / Seven Types Of Men Nigerian Women Like As Their Boyfriend / Girls..please Answer This Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.