Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,499 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan (26611 Views)

24 Sins Committed By Jonathan, Wike And PDP - APC / New Electricity Tariff: Buhari May Face 1st Labour Showdown As NLC,TUC Spit Fire / PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of Port Harcourt Stadium For Jonath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by robosky02(m): 11:49am On Jan 20, 2015

The Peoples Democratic Party in Rivers State has raised concerns over the alleged refusal of the Rivers state Government to allow the party use the Adokiye Amesimaka Sports Complex in the Greater Port Harcourt City for its presidential campaign rally on 28th of January.
State Secretary of the PDP, Ibiba Walter, who made the claim in a statement, said that the APC was yet to come out with a reasonable excuse for denying the PDP from using the stadium.

Chairman of the All Progressives Congress in Rivers State, Chief Davis Ikanya had told DAILY POST in an interview that the Adokiye Amesimaka Sports Complex was still under construction.

Chief Ikanya claimed that on occasions when the APC used the new stadium for its rallies, the contractor had gone on break.
However, the APC Chairman advised the PDP to re-apply for permission to use the stadium, which he said might be considered by the state government.

“There are venues for rallies. They have not used that place before. When the contractors were on holidays, they did not apply for the place. Now that the contractors are fully back, they are just applying.
“The Executive Governor, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi wants to complete that stadium and hand it over before he leaves office.
“Now the PDP is threatening that the Governor must obey them. You see, they have now turned themselves to governor of Rivers state.
“If you apply for something, it is either it is approved or not. You cannot take laws into your hands. This is why we are saying that the PDP is living above the Law. If they have applied for it and it was not approved, the proper thing to do is to reapply,” APC said.

However, in a reaction, the State Chairman of the PDP faulted the Governor’s alleged action, arguing that the new stadium was built with public funds.
He warned that if the State Government failed to voluntarily release the venue, the PDP might use force to secure the Adokiye Amesimaka Sports Complex for its presidential rally.

Obuah insisted that, “Rivers State money was used to build it. It is not meant for Buhari’s campaign manager (Amaechi).
“It is not his personal property. They have used it for their own rally and their celebration. We have applied to use it for our own rally come 28th of this month but the Governor in his impunity has refused us to use that place.
“We dare him, come 28th, we are going to use that place. I have made official complaint to the police, the DSS and all the law enforcing agents. I also want all the citizenry of Rivers State to be aware of this.
“They have used this same property two times without any problem. We are saying for peace to reign, he (Amaechi) has to release that stadium

http://dailypost.ng/2015/01/18/pdp-threatens-showdown-amaechi-blocks-use-port-harcourt-stadium-jonathans-campaign/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by Matty145(m): 11:54am On Jan 20, 2015
Amaechi is taking this politics too far joor

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by EgusiSoup: 11:56am On Jan 20, 2015
Amaechi locking the stadium or GEJ using the stadium how will it affect the price of EGUSI in the market?

Sai Buhari/GEJ/EgusiSoup undecided

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by clevvermind(m): 12:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
Jonathan is going to crush him. Amaechi is a learner. He doesn't know what he's doing.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
Amechi playing with fire. Apc and social media cannot rescue u from the humiliation that await u

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by fitzmayowa: 12:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
Ameachi should just let GEJ use the stadium and avoid another round of trouble, because it seems its only amaechi that is taking his issues with PDP/GEJ too far...

The rally is just for a day...

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by robosky02(m): 1:02pm On Jan 20, 2015
1. the Adokiye Amesimaka Sports Complex in the Greater Port Harcourt City
2. amaechi campaining for Buhari at the same stadium

4 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by stebell(m): 1:18pm On Jan 20, 2015
I tot some APC rodents were calling 92.3fm and boosting that the stadium has been completed. looking at the pix above, it seems work inside the stadium is finished. so why the denial.
This is the same stadium they APC hav used twice and nothing happened.
Amaechi shud be warned o.

Sai GEJ
Shame Buhari

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
Is it Federal owned?

The main reasons could be that PDP don't want him to finalise the stadium before May 29...they plan to use the incomplete stadium as a campaign tool against opposition party APC. The desperation by PDP to win in Rivers State is high.

21 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by Drsmith01(m): 1:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
Amechi d confused idiot

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
Someone said God gathered all the stupidity that should have been for the whole Yorubas and distributed it Fayose,doyin okupe and ffk

11 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by sampson14: 1:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
this is going too far, and it can only happen in APC states, PDP gov. are more civilized

The 10 most anticipated Nigerian albums of 2015
Source: http://e reporter.com.ng/index.php/entertainment-news/item/2655-the-10-most-anticipated-nigerian-albums-of-2015

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by holatin(m): 1:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
PDP and threat is like PEJ and vocal bomb

buhari for president

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by otijah(m): 1:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
when I told you guys the type of scene APC wants to create in the country people were saying aM talking rubbish, so far as its an islaMic party we are supposed to know that islaM stands for violence and that is the genetic trait that AMaechi, Oshiomole, Buhari, Tinibu, Owelle Rochas and BokoharaM posseses

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by Jakpon: 1:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
Jonathan is better than Jesus Christ. Jonathan is my personal Lord and saviour - Doyin Okupe

if Jonathan loses the elction, i will use Niger Delta Militant to destroy Lagos - Jimi Agbaje

Buhari Must Die - Ayo Fayose

42 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by MZdamola(f): 1:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
Keneking:
Is it Federal owned?
I wonder ooo.. Msctheeeew

4 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by Funniez: 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
Mtcheeeew. As far as this does not change the price Ijebu garri, e no concern me. Its only in Nigeria that this sshits happens, not in France where am studying.
Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by AJOT99(m): 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
Alrite

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by Youngandactive: 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
People must avoid whatever will instigate violence in this election

Lives lost are never recovered

be warned oh youths

Dont be used

7 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by enoqueen: 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
If them like make them use the whole state.

otueke loading........
Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by marksooyinmiebi(m): 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
Keneking:
Is it Federal owned?
or APc Owned?

Sai GEJ
Sai GMB

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by Nutase: 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
WAFPI
Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by PStacks(m): 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2015
Simple online opinion poll.

Click "Like" for Goodluck Jonathan

Click "Share" for Buhari

And watch GEJ sink.

126 Likes 57 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by DickDastardly(m): 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2015
Sai GEJ/GMB
cool

1 Like

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2015
Everyone can see what the so-called progressive party is doing now but their supporters will keep mute. If it had been PDP now you would find all of them everywhere on this thread.

I keep saying it that Jonathan is too soft and that is one thing I hate about him. Who could have tried this with Obasanjo when he was in power.

The too much gentle nature of Jonathan is what I hate about him.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2015
marksooyinmiebi:
or APc Owned?

Who built it? Whose political party is in power at the moment?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by Descartes: 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2015
Amaechi should thread with caution
Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by joanprice: 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2015
jonatan is a trouble some person must he use that stadium

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by sammyjay3(m): 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2015
The stadium is undergoing some renovation..........GEJ should campaign in the street where he belongs......lest I forget GEJ till 2015 GMB till GEJ buy another shoe. ;DThe stadium is undergoing some renovation..........GEJ should campaign in the street where he belongs......lest I forget GEJ till 2015 GMB till GEJ buy another shoe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by Emarc16(m): 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2015
blah blah blah blah...team APC...no stadium fr mr Jonathan/clueless... sai APC sai GMB/PYO.... ;Dblah blah blah blah...team APC...no stadium fr mr Jonathan/clueless... sai APC sai GMB/PYO....

4 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by benebaby77: 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2015
PDP and violence are insperable. So They want to use the stadium violently in lieu of reapply for it.

I"m even ashamed that the PDP will come begging for a stadium they earlier claimed Governor Amaechi never built. I'm even ashamed that GEJ could come begging to use what Amaechi has put in place. Where is GEj's own project to be used by Rivers people in Rivers state?

GEJ and PDP, your days are numbered......

7 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan by Guidette(f): 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2015
WHY JONATHAN CANT WIN IN 2015
1. He has maligned the core north of Hausa and Fulani labelling them as power hungry. I can see 90% of them voting for APC.

2. He and his cronies have castigated all muslims in Nigeria and enveloped them as blood sucking terrorists. Meanwhile roughly half of the country is Muslim. I see 95% of of them voting for APC.

3. He and his followers then decided to become dumbasses of the century by focusing on rotten smear tactics that have reached a new low. I can see more than 99% of reasonable, literate and intelligent people voting for APC.

4. On a whole Jonathan has underperformed and destroyed critical areas of Nigeria in terms of economy, security, infrastructure,etc. I see patriotic and well meaning Nigerians voting 100% for APC.

Now tell me how Jonathan can win the election.

Sai Buhari!!!

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of Saraki Signing 2016 Budget / Labour Party Conducts Parallel Governorship Primaries In Imo / Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.