Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

He Says That He Is Not Interested In Going To Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Says That He Is Not Interested In Going To Heaven (1230 Views)

Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer / Stephanie Otobo: Going To Prison Was My Punishment For Having Sex With Pastor / This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Says That He Is Not Interested In Going To Heaven by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
I have a friend who told me with all seriousness that he is not interested in going to heaven.
He said that although he is a christian, he doesn't ever feel threatened by the thought of going to hell.
He says and I quote
" I don't feel wavered by the fear of going to hell. If my maker who in all his compassion and abundant love and mercy,decides to send his creation to the worst level of punishment there is, despite the level of offense, despite the circumstances that they faced, despite the race,culture and religion that they were born into then I wouldn't mind spending eternity in hell because most people sent there were sent there unjustly"

He also said going to heaven was an overrated experience and that it way in a way too enticing.

What are your thoughts?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Says That He Is Not Interested In Going To Heaven by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 20, 2015
smartshadow:
I have a friend who told me with all seriousness that he is not interested in going to heaven.
He said that although he is a christian, he doesn't ever feel threatened by the thought of going to hell.
He says and I quote
" I don't feel wavered by the fear of going to hell. If my maker who in all his compassion and abundant love and mercy,decides to send his creation to the worst level of punishment there is, despite the level of offense, despite the circumstances that they faced, despite the race,culture and religion that they were born into then I wouldn't mind spending eternity in hell because most people sent there were sent there unjustly"

He also said going to heaven was an overrated experience and that it way in a way too enticing.

What are your thoughts?
and God forbid He ends there cos if he does then he will forever regret it. The terror of burning in hell is far beyond description so i rather obey and do what is expected to be done so as to avoid regretting later. Download this video an have a mini test of hell. http://tubidy.mobi/watch/0oIG_2FwnE_2BK6CHsrvUSWG4Q_3D_3D/3gp-mobile/fs?sid=74dc0f231e4dde9858a35ae6305aad13

1 Like

Re: He Says That He Is Not Interested In Going To Heaven by ammyluv2002(f): 4:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
Tell him "Weldone" he should keep it up too undecided undecided
Re: He Says That He Is Not Interested In Going To Heaven by RedArrow: 4:46pm On Jan 20, 2015
Is he a memeber of Jehoval witness? If yes, no further question, if no, then He should answer these questions

1. Do you have knife, cutlass, razor blade, Gas, fire lighter, water heater, electric kettle refrigerator, generator at home?

2. Do you know that these items mentioned in question 1 above are dangerous and could cause injury or death?

3. why do you have them in your home? are you wicked or heartless to have such in your home? I guess no

God is loving, caring and most merciful, yet, there's judgement in mercy and there's mercy in judgement.

Hell Fire is real and it's reserved for a purpose, Lucifer and the fallen Angels as well as anyone who reject God's offer.

Rev 21:8, Matt 28:46, Jude 1:7

1 Like

Re: He Says That He Is Not Interested In Going To Heaven by adexsimply(m): 5:37pm On Jan 20, 2015
smartshadow:
He says and I quote

What are your thoughts?
Congrats! Your friend has started using his head cool

4 Likes

Re: He Says That He Is Not Interested In Going To Heaven by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
Tell your friend hell doesnt exist except on Earth.

2 Likes

Re: He Says That He Is Not Interested In Going To Heaven by dolphinheart(m): 1:38pm On Jan 21, 2015
Call ur friend, sit him down and discuss the issue using the bible.

In ur discussion, try and find answers to the following questions
What is hell in the scriptures?.
Why do people go to hell.?
What kind of people go to hell?.
Is hell fire same as hell.?
What happens to us when we die?
Where are those that died before us e.g adam ?
Why do we die?
What is death ?
Re: He Says That He Is Not Interested In Going To Heaven by torchwave: 5:34pm On Jan 21, 2015
Op, it is a pity your friend (and many others) sees God as a wicked Creator who unjustly subjects His creation to eternal suffering as if He delights in seeing them suffer.

It only goes to show how much he does not know God.

When a person has made up his mind, there is little or nothing anyone can do to make him think otherwise.

His judgment, if he ends up in hell, will be worse than that of others because he has known the truth but chose to reject it.

1 Like

Re: He Says That He Is Not Interested In Going To Heaven by johnydon22(m): 9:19pm On Jan 21, 2015
Now am happy this issue is brought been discussed...
If you see the comments of Christians in this thread now you will see that most of them are scared to the marrow of hell, they worship yahweh cus he threatened to burn you if you don't... yet he is said to be love and just and merciful all at the same time...that is like eating your cake and having it but lets not go into that.
(1)
I want whoever is reading this to ask himself "Is a finite sin worth an infinite punishment?" in plain language The human life as we all know is fleeting and passes away very quickly lets say like 100years or a little more of that at most...ok now assuming you start committing sin from the first day you were born till the day you die (100yrs later) does this worth eternity of punishment? is it justice? is this characteristic of love? let us leave any emotional attachment to any religion we practise aside and answer that question sincerely.
(2)
Ask urself assuming their is life after death in what extension will you exist, in this planet earth our extension is the human body, we have form.
eyes, nose, mouth tongue, hands, feet, brain, lungs and all this are possible because we have flesh then if their is a conscious soul that exists after death in what state? in what form or extension will it exist since we all know all the things i mentioned above are all human traits.
(3)
Pains as we know it is as a result of sensory neurons in our skin (flesh) that sends the data to the brain and then it responds to the stimuli/stimulus.. ok in this assumed state of existing after death, how would you feel pain? no skin, no brain? not even shape or form? from whence then comes the pain?
(4)Assuming you are right and their is heaven and hell, you make heaven and ur mum makes hell and you are fully aware ur mum is burning for eternity in hell, is that not a torture of its own? can you live with that for eternity?
(5)Who exactly was hell created for Humans/demons? cus from what you christians hype (Those that claim to have gone to hell and back) demons are the ones torturing humans even more than the flames... it leaves me with a question "Was this hell created for demons or humans?..." did this god just create hell after creating humans incase man bleeps up, then gather some more spirit beings keep em there and use em to torture his so loved humans?
(6)
For all the people shouting "repent for hell is real" if you do something cus of a reward or cus u might be punished is that thing really good? or you just did it for ur own selfish interest.
that means without the promise of heaven or threat of hell most of you here will be bad.
But goodness is not about that "Goodness is doing what is right because you know it is right" Be good for goodness sake.
If you are good to others because of the promise of heaven, that shows how little you think of others
If you are good to others because of the threat of hell that shoes how little you think of urself.. Be good cus it is good.
(7)
How did you get to know that heaven and hell are real?
(a) A book told you?
(b)someone told you?
(c) Did you perceive them with ur conscious mind
if (a) and (b) is ur answer then is that real knowledge? ..how sure are you that it is the truth?
if (c) is the case it means you have percieved heaven and hell with your conscious mind just like you do the earth... we have all percieved this earth with our conscious mind and we all know earth is real, we cant argue about that!...But we cant say this for neither heaven or hell cus really none of us have percieved them with our conscious mind.
After all this my conclusion is Be good for goodness sake; Radiate boundless love towards everything that is known, the earth and every creature in it and every human in it regardless of any differences...Then you will learn the true meaning of goodness (morality)
AM NOT HERE FOR ARGUMENT, JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Says That He Is Not Interested In Going To Heaven by michaelwestern(m): 5:42am On Jan 22, 2015
johnydon22:
Now am happy this issue is brought been discussed...
If you see the comments of Christians in this thread now you will see that most of them are scared to the marrow of hell, they worship yahweh cus he threatened to burn you if you don't... yet he is said to be love and just and merciful all at the same time...that is like eating your cake and having it but lets not go into that.
(1)
I want whoever is reading this to ask himself "Is a finite sin worth an infinite punishment?" in plain language The human life as we all know is fleeting and passes away very quickly lets say like 100years or a little more of that at most...ok now assuming you start committing sin from the first day you were born till the day you die (100yrs later) does this worth eternity of punishment? is it justice? is this characteristic of love? let us leave any emotional attachment to any religion we practise aside and answer that question sincerely.

The mistake you are making is that you are trying to rationalize God. Only God can decide what punishment is appropriate for sin. You cant use your limited human wisdom to decide what punishment is just or not.

(2)
Ask urself assuming their is life after death in what extension will you exist, in this planet earth our extension is the human body, we have form.
eyes, nose, mouth tongue, hands, feet, brain, lungs and all this are possible because we have flesh then if their is a conscious soul that exists after death in what state? in what form or extension will it exist since we all know all the things i mentioned above are all human traits.

we will exist in the realm of the spirit

(3)
Pains as we know it is as a result of sensory neurons in our skin (flesh) that sends the data to the brain and then it responds to the stimuli/stimulus.. ok in this assumed state of existing after death, how would you feel pain? no skin, no brain? not even shape or form? from whence then comes the pain?

Who told you that the fire in hell will be physical fire? Do you think God is not capable of creating fire that can burn spirits?

(4)Assuming you are right and their is heaven and hell, you make heaven and ur mum makes hell and you are fully aware ur mum is burning for eternity in hell, is that not a torture of its own? can you live with that for eternity?

There wont be mother-son, father-daughter or husband-wife relationships in heaven. All those relationships ends on earth. We will exist as spirits in heaven and hell(for you)

(5)Who exactly was hell created for Humans/demons? cus from what you christians hype (Those that claim to have gone to hell and back) demons are the ones torturing humans even more than the flames... it leaves me with a question "Was this hell created for demons or humans?..." did this god just create hell after creating humans incase man bleeps up, then gather some more spirit beings keep em there and use em to torture his so loved humans?

It was created for the devil. But people like you who join the devil in rebelling against God will also join the devil in hell.

(6)
For all the people shouting "repent for hell is real" if you do something cus of a reward or cus u might be punished is that thing really good? or you just did it for ur own selfish interest.
that means without the promise of heaven or threat of hell most of you here will be bad.
But goodness is not about that "Goodness is doing what is right because you know it is right" Be good for goodness sake.
If you are good to others because of the promise of heaven, that shows how little you think of others
If you are good to others because of the threat of hell that shoes how little you think of urself.. Be good cus it is good.

Christianity is more than doing good/evil. What will condemn you for hell is not believing in Jesus Christ, not because of the bad things you have done.

All your other questions shows hyprocricy, you started out questioning what the bible says about hell and now you are trying to portray the bible as false. You cant have it both ways, itz either the bible is true/false. Choose one.

1 Like

Re: He Says That He Is Not Interested In Going To Heaven by CAPTIVATOR: 8:02am On Jan 22, 2015
Stop livin in fear ...... Serve God out of love NOT fear of torture ,

There is no HELLFIRE!

"everyone will huzzle and eat in the sweat of his face, until they return to the Dust from which they are taken."! Gen 3:19

When you are alive , you become a " livin soul" Gen 2:7 AND WHEN u lose consciousness and fall asleep in death , you become a " dead soul" Numbers 6:6 !

NOTE:

God is not Wicked Nebuchadnezzar who torture people in fire bcoz they refuse to serve him ( Dan 3:10,11)

2 Likes

Re: He Says That He Is Not Interested In Going To Heaven by johnydon22(m): 8:07am On Jan 22, 2015
michaelwestern:

The mistake you are making is that you are trying to rationalize God. Only God can decide what punishment is appropriate for sin. You cant use your limited human wisdom to decide what punishment is just or not.
Hahahahahahaha pathetic...smh... my human mind is imbedded with intellect and knows what is right or wrong..i thought this ur god was love and all good; am wondering how mere humans have more sense of justice and mercy than him...!!!

michaelwestern:

we will exist in the realm of the spirit
comprehension problem... You will exist in the spirit world ok, my question was in what form and shape; will you have eyes, nose, mouth, hands, legs, brains What form will you exist in? (ur spirit )

michaelwestern:

Who told you that the fire in hell will be physical fire? Do you think God is not capable of creating fire that can burn spirits?
Chai...smh

michaelwestern:

There wont be mother-son, father-daughter or husband-wife relationships in heaven. All those relationships ends on earth. We will exist as spirits in heaven and hell(for you)
Now this is funny... you wont recognize ur relatives, how come then can you recognize anything else like joy and pain...

michaelwestern:

It was created for the devil. But people like you who join the devil in rebelling against God will also join the devil in hell.
The type of evil mind possessed by this brother is unmatched... typical christian mind. Oh am so scaredgrin... Bro you cant frighten me with the same myth you frighten the shiit out of urself with..its like a child telling an adult that the candy fairy wont give them candy...Anyway my brother even tho hell is myth i still cannot think in my heart or wish anybody to burn...

michaelwestern:

Christianity is more than doing good/evil. What will condemn you for hell is not believing in Jesus Christ, not because of the bad things you have done.
Yeah typical:: this guy is very good human but heck i will burn him forever for not believing in me... Ok the other guy is evil, i will reward him with heaven cus he believed in me... Yeap thats the justice of the bible god.. nice justice..hahahaha
michaelwestern:

All your other questions shows hyprocricy, you started out questioning what the bible says about hell and now you are trying to portray the bible as false. You cant have it both ways, itz either the bible is true/false. Choose one.
that you believe something is does not make it true... I did not even dabble into the bible buh anyway u see what you want to see...
Like i always say, i am not here for argument... Read all i posted again then think again!!!

1 Like

Re: He Says That He Is Not Interested In Going To Heaven by torchwave: 2:02pm On Jan 22, 2015
The fact is every individual must make a choice where to spend eternity. The reasons we give are just a process to the finished product - choice.

The problem with man is that he expects God to think like him; he expects God to tailor His actions to suit his thinking.

Many say that God will never condemn His creation to eternal fires because He is a loving God. True, He is a loving God.

However, God is also a CONSUMING FIRE. I wonder why people continually harp on just one quality about God and turn a blind eye to His other qualities which are as equally important in having an understanding of His nature.

God is also a righteous Judge. He is a Lamb as well as a mighty Lion. He is a friend to those who love Him and an enemy to those who hate Him.

It is better to serve God out of fear and make heaven than be rebellious and self-willed like Lucifer and spend eternity in hell.

If you must know, I'm glad to be among the millions who love and serve God because they've seen and tasted His goodness, because their lives would be empty without Him. There is no fear in love. When you know how much God loves you, all you'll want to do is love Him till the end of your life, not question Him for what you don't understand.

3 Likes

Re: He Says That He Is Not Interested In Going To Heaven by dolphinheart(m): 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2015
torchwave:
The fact is every individual must make a choice where to spend eternity. The reasons we give are just a process to the finished product - choice.

The problem with man is that he expects God to think like him; he expects God to tailor His actions to suit his thinking.

Many say that God will never condemn His creation to eternal fires because He is a loving God. True, He is a loving God.

However, God is also a CONSUMING FIRE. I wonder why people continually harp on just one quality about God and turn a blind eye to His other qualities which are as equally important in having an understanding of His nature.

God is also a righteous Judge. He is a Lamb as well as a mighty Lion. He is a friend to those who love Him and an enemy to those who hate Him.

It is better to serve God out of fear and make heaven than be rebellious and self-willed like Lucifer and spend eternity in hell.

If you must know, I'm glad to be among the millions who love and serve God because they've seen and tasted His goodness, because their lives would be empty without Him. There is no fear in love. When you know how much God loves you, all you'll want to do is love Him till the end of your life, not question Him for what you don't understand.

God is a lamb!? Pls explain further
Re: He Says That He Is Not Interested In Going To Heaven by dolphinheart(m): 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2015
What is hell?

(1) (Reply)

Selamat Hari Raya 2015 Pantun Poems In Malay Arabic / God's Not Dead / Prophecy For Nigeria 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.