Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2326108 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 3:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
Good day house,

Am new in this section of the forum and just wanted to a question.

I applied for Canadian TRV and just did my biometric and I thought they'd take me Int'l passport after the process but to my surprise, the passport was handed over to me after taking two copies of my data page. Is that how it works and will they call me to physically/remotely present the passport when the time is ripe?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
overlord77:
Good day house,

Am new in this section of the forum and just wanted to a question.

I applied for Canadian TRV and just did my biometric and I thought they'd take me Int'l passport after the process but to my surprise, the passport was handed over to me after taking two copies of my data page. Is that how it works and will they call me to physically/remotely present the passport when the time is ripe?

Yes, so it is with the online route of application....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fortissimo502: 12:01am On Apr 03, 2017
Guys which carries more weight? Checklist or so called country specific instructions. And how come the country instructions are so hard to find and no mention of them is made when you apply online.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 10:15am On Apr 03, 2017
COPIED!

Hi all,

I just thought to say this on the floor of the house. So people can learn while drafting their SOPs.

I have noticed that people try to paint Nigeria as a lesser country than Canada, by stating that Nigeria has a poor standard of living and education, the country is this and that, bla, bla, bla.

Please even though we all know the state of things in Nigeria, it is not wise to state it in your SOP. It is fine to paint Canada as the best place to study and all the good stuff as a reason for your choice, but leave it at that. We all know that Nigeria has issues and the VOs know it. But don't let it come from you.

Most times we wonder why some of us are denied because of "Home tie", but it might be more than having assets or a family back in Nigeria, your perception about your country matters a lot. Westerners love PATRIOTISM to the core!

If I were a VO, and you tell me bad things about your country in your SOP, I will deny you based on home tie, even though you have assets and family, because as far as I am concerned, why will you want to come back to a country that you think is poor in everything??

My advice is, when stating the reasons for choosing Canada just stop at raining down praises on Canada's economy and standard of education. NEVER say ill about Nigeria....

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoba26: 10:19am On Apr 03, 2017
Good morning,

I just submitted my online application.... I want to know the documents needed for the biometrics and Photo....

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 10:54am On Apr 03, 2017
omoba26:
Good morning,

I just submitted my online application.... I want to know the documents needed for the biometrics and Photo....

Thanks

I think the VFS will need your biometric request letter and your passport, i think VFS will make copy of your pasport. Can you give us clue of documents you submitted?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:54am On Apr 03, 2017
dotcomnamename:

My advice is, when stating the reasons for choosing Canada just stop at raining down praises on Canada's economy and standard of education. NEVER say ill about Nigeria....
Good Info. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aekmanweb(m): 5:46pm On Apr 03, 2017
omoba26:
Good morning,

Thanks
Hello bro, did you apply for study visa or tourist, could you please give us list of documents submitted. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by profdan01: 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2017
How do I survive in Canada without relatives and having a place to stay, what can I do can I get a rented apartment same day I land and probably make friends to show me round? Note am going there to work then school after like 2years
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoba26: 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2017
dotcomnamename:

I think the VFS will need your biometric request letter and your passport, i think VFS will make copy of your pasport. Can you give us clue of documents you submitted?

1. Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257) (required)

2. Travel History (required) You must provide information on your valid visa from the United States as well as previous travel history. This can include copies of
•your previous passports and/or visas (used within the last 10 years to travel outside your country)
•entry and exit stamps
•study and/or work permits that indicate your duration outside of your country
•expired or valid visas
•boarding passes
If you hold a valid visa from the United States, provide a clear, scanned copy of your visa. If you are living outside your country of citizenship, please submit a copy of your immigration status document for the country where you currently reside. This could be a work permit, study permit, visa, or any other document that authorizes you to be in the country where you are living.

3. Passport (required) We encourage you to have a travel document valid for a period of at least one year at the time of application in order to minimize processing delays.
You must submit a legible copy of your valid travel document which you will use to travel. 
If you have a passport, you must provide a copy of:
the page that shows your birth date and country of origin, and
any pages with stamps, visas or markings.

4. Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713) A Use of Family Representative form must be filled out and signed by you and your family member. By signing this form your family member authorizes you to represent them and submit their application on their behalf.

5. Marriage License/Certificate The marriage must be valid under the law of the country where it took place and under Canadian law.

6. Proof of Means of Financial Support If you are visiting Canada, you must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who will be with you while you are in Canada. Provide as many of these documents as you can:
•your bank statements for the past four months
•a bank draft in convertible currency
•pay stubs
•an employment letter
•proof of assets or business
•proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
•tax reports, declarations or statements
•proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
•a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
•proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
•proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada

7. Digital photo The frame size must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″).
The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders. The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 1/4″) and 36 mm (1 7/16″).
Crown means the top of the head or (if obscured by hair or a head covering) where the top of the head or skull would be if it could be seen.
If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed

8. Document: Purpose of Travel A scanned copy of:
•Your flight ticket departing Canada,
•Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
•Proof of a medical appointment.

9. Family Information (IMM5645 This form requests information about your spouse or common-law partner, your parents, your children, step children and adopted children, and your brothers and sisters (including step-siblings and half-siblings). This information will become part of your immigration record and may be used to verify your personal information in future applications.

10. Proof of Relationship You must provide proof of your relationship with your host or family member. This can include:
•a marriage certificate
•Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM5409)
•a birth certificate
•an official document naming you as a parent
•a copy of the inside back cover of the inviter's passport showing the inviter's parents, if applicable

11. Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257) You must provide a Schedule 1 declaration. A Schedule 1 declaration is a form with questions about your personal history. You will be asked to list information such as any affiliations with organizations and any military or government service.

12. Letter of Explanation If you would like to provide more information about your application that you have not already provided, you can attach a letter of explanation to your application.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Warburg: 11:53pm On Apr 03, 2017
My People, I greet you.

I like to put out my thoughts and situation with regards to this Canada visa matter, hoping to get a bit of feedback on the issue.

I am applying for a Temp resident i.e visitor visa, for a professional conference in Vancouver in May ending 2017. I have got an invite letter and intend to apply with my company as a sponsor. Please, what other documents can I put in or for proof, or how to I show very strong ties to NG i.e reasons to return back home?.

See below the list of documents I currently have and perceived areas of weakness. Abeg how do I make these better?

Documents
-Invitation Letter
-3 months Bank Statements, Personal & Company
-CAC and all other corporate documents
-Introduction Letter from a staff.
-Employment Letter (As I have a job on the side)
-3 months Bank Statements showing Salary payments from employment.
-Property Documents, Deed of Assignment, Architectural drawings
-Share certificates etc
-Motor Vehicle documents
-Individual Tax Card
-Passports Old and New

My problem is that I think I don't have enough ties to Nigeria. Noted that they "US and Canada", tend to give visas more easily if you have children here and a spouse. Please, any better ideas to show stronger ties without been married?

Also the time frame concern: the scheduled event is for the last week of May 2017, How do I stand with regards to average processing times from your experiences, if I apply by mid of April 2017?

Thank you for the response

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2017
dotcomnamename:
COPIED!

Hi all,

I just thought to say this on the floor of the house. So people can learn while drafting their SOPs.

I have noticed that people try to paint Nigeria as a lesser country than Canada, by stating that Nigeria has a poor standard of living and education, the country is this and that, bla, bla, bla.

Please even though we all know the state of things in Nigeria, it is not wise to state it in your SOP. It is fine to paint Canada as the best place to study and all the good stuff as a reason for your choice, but leave it at that. We all know that Nigeria has issues and the VOs know it. But don't let it come from you.

Most times we wonder why some of us are denied because of "Home tie", but it might be more than having assets or a family back in Nigeria, your perception about your country matters a lot. Westerners love PATRIOTISM to the core!

If I were a VO, and you tell me bad things about your country in your SOP, I will deny you based on home tie, even though you have assets and family, because as far as I am concerned, why will you want to come back to a country that you think is poor in everything??

This is quite educating , especially if you're going to canada to study. In addition to the impressive hints you shared, every potential visa applicant should always endeavour to lay stress on, or emphasise need to return to Nigeria after their missions in the country(ies) they're applying for her visa.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 9:24am On Apr 05, 2017
awelekiti:
This is quite educating , especially if you're going to canada to study. In addition to the impressive hints you shared, every potential visa applicant should always endeavour to lay stress on, or emphasise need to return to Nigeria after their missions in the country(ies) they're applying for her visa.

@awelekiti, i finally contacted vfs, they said if i go for the online application i can enroll my biometric in nigeria during my holiday, and if my application is successful and if they request for passport i will have to send my passport to London UK because they are responsible for Temporary Resident Applications from Ireland.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justolusola(f): 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2017
Pls can anyone help with some infor on what we can do.
My hubby have been to South Africa and Germany and he never exceed the days.
He went to US embassy and he was refused in 2016.

January 2017 he submitted canada tourist visa applict. Yesterday, April 4th, he was sent a letter from the embassy that he said "No" when he was ask if he has been refused any country. And that he shld provide any information to address it.

Pls what can he do cos he was giving 5days to reply?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 8:50pm On Apr 05, 2017
justolusola:

January 2017 he submitted canada tourist visa applict. Yesterday, April 4th, he was sent a letter from the embassy that he said "No" when he was ask if he has been refused any country. And that he shld provide any information to address it.

Thank you.

Come out clean, with justifiable reasons too....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justolusola(f): 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2017
Yes he will do that. Is it an explanatory letter from him alone or his lawyer can also write them too.

Tnk you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 06, 2017
justolusola:

Thank you.
Why did your husband have to lie? They already knew he was refused because canada shares applicants' information with USA, and vice versa. He stands the risk of being barred for a quality number of years. Good luck to him.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justolusola(f): 8:19am On Apr 06, 2017
awelekiti:
Why did your husband have to lie? They already knew he was refused because canada shares applicants' information with USA, and vice versa. He stands the risk of being barred for a quality number of years. Good luck to him.

Point of correction, he didn't lie. He thought they were referring to canada alone... He was refused at US embassy cos he just got back from Germany a month prior to the US appointment.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nefertitiram: 8:25am On Apr 06, 2017
justolusola:

Point of correction, he didn't lie. He thought they were referring to canada alone... He was refused at US embassy cos he just got back from Germany a month prior to the US appointment.

So he can reply exactly this way to the letter he was sent
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CHERIPH: 8:34am On Apr 06, 2017
justolusola:

Thank you.

Your husband will need a lawyer to draft a letter for him. Same happened to me ...i said Yes to that question , that i have been denied USA and it was stated in the space provided while the VO sent a mail that i said NO. i contacted a lawyer who assisted in drafting a letter , attached with the form i filled where i stated YES and the letter they sent. but i am still waiting for there response. You will need to defend that because ban is at stake.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justolusola(f): 8:41am On Apr 06, 2017
Should he tell his lawyer to write a letter to back up his letter?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CHERIPH: 8:44am On Apr 06, 2017
justolusola:
Should he tell his lawyer to write a letter to back up his letter?

The lawyer should draft the letter for him...while he will type , sign and scan.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justolusola(f): 9:00am On Apr 06, 2017
CHERIPH:

Your husband will need a lawyer to draft a letter for him. Same happened to me ...i said Yes to that question , that i have been denied USA and it was stated in the space provided while the VO sent a mail that i said NO. i contacted a lawyer who assisted in drafting a letter , attached with the form i filled where i stated YES and the letter they sent. but i am still waiting for there response. You will need to defend that because ban is at stake.

@Cheriph thank you. He will do that. Pls let me know when you receive your package from them.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 9:24am On Apr 06, 2017
January 2017 he submitted canada tourist visa applict. Yesterday, April 4th,

--------> he was sent a letter from the embassy that he said "No" when he was ask if he has been refused any country<-----------

justolusola:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tripplebabygirl: 9:34am On Apr 06, 2017
I received mail for passport pickup from vfs yesterday and behold it's a 2 years multiple to the glory of God. Thanks aweleki, jayfierce, nif and all who responded to my question.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Horlami3370: 11:53am On Apr 06, 2017
tripplebabygirl:
I received mail for passport pickup from vfs yesterday and behold it's a 2 years multiple to the glory of God. Thanks aweleki, jayfierce, nif and all who responded to my question.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tripplebabygirl: 1:21pm On Apr 06, 2017
@ horlami. Paper route, 6weeks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Horlami3370: 1:26pm On Apr 06, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
justolusola:

OK ma
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 06, 2017
Horlami3370:

Wow.. Congrat!
When did you apply and is it via online or paper route ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
tripplebabygirl:
Congrats. God is good!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sacredhearts: 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
tripplebabygirl:

Would you be kind enough to share the documents submitted with us?

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: pstfrancis(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.