Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,501 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2311907 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (1095) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Sandwiched in my response was "shortcomings" as an operative word.... If you have met her one on one, give it a try, but the odds are stacked up against you!

Alright.. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelhx: 4:29pm On Apr 13, 2017
Because you do not currently have strong ties in Nigeria, your best bet is for your PR spouse to sponsor you to migrate to Canada. It should take about 12 months. You can see the guidelines here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp and here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp If your status in Nigeria changes (good job etc) before the process is completed, you would then still have a chance, albeit a slim one, to obtain a visitor visa even if she is sponsoring your trip. The idea is to have enough ties that guarantee you will want to return to Nigeria if you are applying for a non-immigrant visa
deejay102:

Alright.. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
deejay102:

We have met one on one.. I have several pictures in different locations and countless printable messages to prove that. You have not answered my question though ☺

I read your initial post... So i won't be asking if it's a fiancée or spousal relationship again..
I really do not see major odds against you... If indeed it's a spousal relationship!

Nevertheless.... I am only concerned that... there exists other surer routes meant for spouses to either unite or visit... You have not mentioned any !!
If she is your spouse... It means your stronger tie is in Canada and you should not be trying to convince anyone that you want to return to Nigeria! ... Go for an immigrant visa Sir!

It sounds awkward to me that you are struggling to apply for a TRV to visit your acclaimed spouse who is PR holder
Pls check your post and you may wish to enlighten us further!
Regards.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manover: 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2017
No, I have also been refused Sweden, which i stated as well
atrapon:
let me come in, is USA refusal your only visa refusal ever?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manover: 6:49pm On Apr 13, 2017
Yes, at the end of the letter, they asked me to respond to their decision within five calendar days
OmoBendel24:

Thought I read somewhere in your previous post that you were"given 5 days to respond back to them"?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 7:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
Folaroyal:

I read your initial post... So i won't be asking if it's a fiancée or spousal relationship again..
I really do not see major odds against you... If indeed it's a spousal relationship!

Nevertheless.... I am only concerned that... there exists other surer routes meant for spouses to either unite or visit... You have not mentioned any !!
If she is your spouse... It means your stronger tie is in Canada and you should not be trying to convince anyone that you want to return to Nigeria! ... Go for an immigrant visa Sir!

It sounds awkward to me that you are struggling to apply for a TRV to visit your acclaimed spouse who is PR holder
Pls check your post and you may wish to enlighten us further!
Regards.

You are a mind reader.. ☺.. I will admit that I am not very informed with visa categories and issues generally which is why I came here. Please enlighten me. I didn't mention any of the "surer" means because I do not know. Please can you kindly tell me about them. While I may have a slight idea about the immigrant visa, I am particularly interested in the part you said "visit" each other.

We want a fast route. I thought visitors visa was fastest? What other means exist for spouses to visit please? You are right, my stronger tie is in Canada. I didn't know that spouses had different categories too. As at this moment, she is my Fiancee, and will be my spouse next month..My post looked awkward because I dont know much. Kindly shine more light for me.

I have not witheld any information, please kindly assist me with information as I've cleared things up now.. I will be grateful. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 7:34pm On Apr 13, 2017
Better to apply to join him over there. As it stands,the VO might reason that you want to take short-cut to joining your spouse. That's what the VO might think. Why not apply to join him over there, instead? its pretty straightforward.

deejay102:

Wife! A PR
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by successuche2017: 10:12am On Apr 14, 2017
Travelhx:
Let's be honest: That line in the application form is very confusing. The one asking people if they have been denied by any country before.

The way it is structured, if you do not calm down and read it properly, you would think they are only asking about Canada.

They need to make that question clearer. Otherwise, many people will continue to fall victim by answering "No"
.. Urgent pls. I was refused a USA VISA in the past and am planning on applying for a Canada visa....my questions goes, is there anywhere on Canada TRV form that asks someone to state reason why he/she was refused a USA visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by successuche2017: 10:21am On Apr 14, 2017
jayfierce:
Canada: Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

UK: Have you been refused a visa for any country including the UK in the last 10 years?

Maybe rearranging that sentence would help as you suggest but can you truly say that's the reason many answer NO instead of YES?

... urgent pls, i was refused a USA visa In the past and i will be applying for a canada TRV soon, my question goes, is there any provision on canada TRV form that asks someone to state reason why USA refused he/she visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by successuche2017: 10:25am On Apr 14, 2017
dotcomnamename:
A lot of intended applicants still believe that if US refuse you a visa Canada will also refuse you. No, it doesn't matter. Infarct somehow it looks more of people with previous US visa refusal do get their Canadian visa than applicants with virgin passport or even with previous visas of other countries plus travel experience. If you're refused US visa and if you honest in your Canadian visa application and explain reasons for your previous refusal in your Sop, i don't see reason why Canada won't approve your visa.
.. urgent Pls, i was refused USA visa in the past and i intend applying for a CANADA TRV soon, my question goes, is there a provision on canada TRV where someone is asked to state reason why he/she was refused USA visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:26am On Apr 14, 2017
successuche2017:
... urgent pls, i was refused a USA visa In the past and i will be applying for a canada TRV soon, my question goes, is there any provision on canada TRV form that asks someone to state reason why USA refused he/she visa?
Yes there is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
successuche2017:
.. urgent Pls, i was refused USA visa in the past and i intend applying for a CANADA TRV soon, my question goes, is there a provision on canada TRV where someone is asked to state reason why he/she was refused USA visa?
Page 3... Section "Background information" 2(b)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelhx: 2:15pm On Apr 14, 2017
So you mean she was in the US on a visitor visa and then she applied to visit Canada from there?
travelpoint:
If you have US visa, I think is better to apply for Canada visit/tourist visa while in US.
I applied for Canada visit visa for my wife on June 6th this year, she did biometric same day. I withdrawal her application after 3 months in late September because the application was not finalized. She currently in US, and I reapplied for her in October. Below is the timeline;
- Application submitted online on October 17
- Biometric on October 17 at VAC New York
- Passport request on October 22nd
- passport delivered by hand on October 24th at VAC NY
- Passport picked up on October 28 at VAC New York
- Application approved with multiple visa valid till 4th of February 2021.

Documents included were;
- her passport date page
- my bank statement ( 2 months bank statements printed online)
- marriage certificate
- United Airlines flight itinerary
- Details info of where we are going in canada
- 4 nights hotel reservation through hotwire
- No invitation letter included

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2017
Folaroyal:

Page 3... Section "Background information" 2(b)

Kindly reply my last post please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 15, 2017
deejay102:

Kindly reply my last post please

Well you sounded like you guys are married!...

You can only be able to access some immigration routes when you possess legal documents/proof of partnership.... Meant for married couples!

At this stage you may be restricted to a TRV... .. you should stand a good chance with your host providing every required documentation and funding.
Regards.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 11:27am On Apr 15, 2017
deejay102:

You are a mind reader.. ☺.. I will admit that I am not very informed with visa categories and issues generally which is why I came here. Please enlighten me. I didn't mention any of the "surer" means because I do not know. Please can you kindly tell me about them. While I may have a slight idea about the immigrant visa, I am particularly interested in the part you said "visit" each other.

And your spouse in Canada isn't aware of these means too? Shouldn't she be the one telling you all these info?

We want a fast route. I thought visitors visa was fastest? What other means exist for spouses to visit please? You are right, my stronger tie is in Canada. I didn't know that spouses had different categories too. As at this moment, she is my Fiancee, and will be my spouse next month.. My post looked awkward because I dont know much. Kindly shine more light for me.

I have not witheld any information, please kindly assist me with information as I've cleared things up now.. I will be grateful. Thanks

Shebi you talk sey na wife na na na?

Anyway, I just wanted to say wehdone SaH cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2017
SamReinvented:

And your spouse in Canada isn't aware of these means too? Shouldn't she be the one telling you all these info?

Shebi you talk sey na wife na na na?

Anyway, I just wanted to say wehdone SaH cheesy

I asked for answers not more questions..You didn't say anything na..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 12:54pm On Apr 15, 2017
Folaroyal:

Well you sounded like you guys are married!...

You can only be able to access some immigration routes when you possess legal documents/proof of partnership.... Meant for married couples!

At this stage you may be restricted to a TRV... .. you should stand a good chance with your host providing every required documentation and funding.
Regards.

Thanks a lot..I don't intend to apply till next month after marriage hence the reason for stating her as wife. I appreciate your input so far.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelhx: 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2017
You guys are not telling him the truth. He said no job, bank account not substantial, essentially, no home ties. And you think one consular officer will give him a TRV to visit his SPOUSE?
deejay102:

Thanks a lot..I don't intend to apply till next month after marriage hence the reason for stating her as wife. I appreciate your input so far.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 3:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
deejay102:

I asked for answers not more questions..You didn't say anything na..
It's not nice when people give their time to answer questions and the questioner keeps changing the information supplied.

I wonder why it's difficult to be straightforward with people who don't know you from Adam.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 3:32pm On Apr 15, 2017
jayfierce:
It's not nice when people give their time to answer questions and the questioner keeps changing the information supplied.

I wonder why it's difficult to be straightforward with people who don't know you from Adam.

Tell me what has changed in my information? If you read well, you will know why I said spouse..Will it make sense to ask based on conjugal partner and come next month asking about spouse? Since you don't understand simple logic, I posted as if it was next month to avoid issues like what you just brought up. Please if you or SamReinvented have nothing meaningful to contribute, then pass.. Tseew!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by moyin1010: 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2017
Please house I need travelpoint contact .its so urgent please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2017
deejay102:

Tell me what has changed in my information? If you read well, you will know why I said spouse..Will it make sense to ask based on conjugal partner and come next month asking about spouse? Since you don't understand simple logic, I posted as if it was next month to avoid issues like what you just brought up. Please if you or SamReinvented have nothing meaningful to contribute, then pass.. Tseew!

Okay oh, good! Long story short, TRV (however others diplomatically coat it) will not get to you in the light of the info you earlier supplied about you if she remains your wife to be (you are definitely a flight risk to the dumbest of visa officers), it will hardly fly with her as your wife finally sef. But then, you at least have a chance with the immigrant end of application if you would be patient enough to sit it out, dazzol! Be nice to people answering you on here I must add....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 8:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
deejay102:

Yes. It would make sense to ask about your current status now and also ask later when your status changes. Telling us you are married when you are not is quite misleading.

On a lighter note, men don't hiss. cheesy

Happy Easter.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 9:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
jayfierce:
Yes. It would make sense to ask about your current status now and also ask later when your status changes. Telling us you are married when you are not is quite misleading.

On a lighter note, men don't hiss. cheesy

Happy Easter.

Thanks.. Happy Easter
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 9:21pm On Apr 15, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Okay oh, good! Long story short, TRV (however others diplomatically coat it) will not get to you in the light of the info you earlier supplied about you if she remains your wife to be (you are definitely a flight risk to the dumbest of visa officers), it will hardly fly with her as your wife finally sef. But then, you at least have a chance with the immigrant end of application if you would be patient enough to sit it out, dazzol! Be nice to people answering you on here I must add....

I picked up what you implied so I'd thank you..I'll go with Folaroyal.. About being nice, I generally am if anyone is..

Thanks again I must add..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 9:36am On Apr 16, 2017
Helloooooo house. Happy Easter. Please I wanna find out. My cousin is presently in Yankee for Easter break. He want to apply for his Canada visa with his wife during there stay in the US. Pls does any one know the requirement needed for they to apply. Or is it possible to apply with a us visiting visa. Pls need an urgent response Appreciate grin grin smiley[color=#000099][/color].
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashmark(m): 9:49am On Apr 16, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (1095) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: williamszooh, hugooh42(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.