Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2323973 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Graceee: 10:51am On Jun 20, 2017
debolbet:
Good morning house, i applied for Trv on 24th may for conference in canada which will start tomorrow but dont get mail frm vfs till now, hope cic can still grant the visa.

was it paper or online?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by debolbet: 10:53am On Jun 20, 2017
Graceee:

was it paper or online?

paper
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Graceee: 11:04am On Jun 20, 2017
debolbet:

paper

From my observations here I think paper applications submitted in Abuja, takes from 1month to 2months.
was it submitted in Lagos or abuja??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by debolbet: 11:56am On Jun 20, 2017
Graceee:

From my observations here I think paper applications submitted in Abuja, takes from 1month to 2months.
was it submitted in Lagos or abuja??

Lagos
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by debolbet: 11:59am On Jun 20, 2017
debolbet:

Lagos

hope dere is still a chance to grant the visa after the program is over
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Graceee: 1:37pm On Jun 20, 2017
I dont think it can affect the decision if it was a tourist visa you applied for.
I am not very sure about the conference visit, if it will affect the applications decision.
Just hold on you will get some better answers from experienced folks in the house and probably Jawa will help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2017
Based on the evidences on this thread, VOs don't grant visas to attend conferences that have already ended before visa processing is concluded. That's a ground for refusal in itself. Your app submission was quite late though. Why? If there was a genuine reason for the late submission, you should've bombarded them with emails, to plead for a faster processing. A lady here did that and got her visa within few weeks.

Wishing you all the best though.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:04pm On Jun 20, 2017
Seun4FastLoans:
Hello my people. I need a quick response to this question.
An invitation letter and other documents sent from abroad is it supposed to he notarized ? Is it compulsory

hi Seun4FastLoans, dont stress with this as notarizing carries little weight. a VO will place a call to the provided contact should (s)he be unsatisfied with the document but this even rarely happens. just be truthful with your documentation and be very upfront with information. thats all. best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
[quote author=Mcicze post=57633215][/quote]

hi, this is a bad idea and it always backfires. migration is not illegal but its best done properly unless you have some youthful years to throw away. please reconsider.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2017
Mcicze:
Pls i need you guys urgent help! How can I get a tourist visa to Canada? I don't have any eligible person to send me a letter of invitation, i don't have any landed property in my name, am not married, am self employed and sponsoring myself so have up to #500.000 but no history of account(bank). Pls someone's urgent advice is needed.

dear Mcicze, this doubt is a clear indication that your visa will most likely be refused. you have to take your time and sort things out. there is absolutely no indication of an intent to return home from your ost above and this will bother the VO. indeed you have a great burden to overcome and dont listen to any agent that claims they can guarantee you visa at a cost because simply put, they cannot. these are MRVs and as such, a fake visa wouldnt fly as this was what they used to affix to people's passports.
my advice, should you wish to take it, would be to not apply for now and organize you circumstance and clear your doubts. invitation letters and landed properties, individually, are not mandatory to secure a visa neither is being married nor company employed. ties evaluation is a holistic view and its a combination of factors that helps the VO to make a decision. the money also seems to not be verifiable. people contributing to your trip is not a crime but you have to make it clear to the VO who they are, how they're related and why they are using their precious money to sponsor you (with documents). i am not a VO so i dont know exactly how they make their decisions but you can take a broad view of an applicant's circumstance and make an unbiased guess as to if it might get a positive review. if this guess if positive, you are on the right track. please do take your time so that you will get value for your hard earned money. best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 8:46pm On Jun 20, 2017
Graceee:
I dont think it can affect the decision if it was a tourist visa you applied for.
I am not very sure about the conference visit, if it will affect the applications decision.
Just hold on you will get some better answers from experienced folks in the house and probably Jawa will help

hi Graceee, you are far too kind with responses. you put in a lot of effort on here and sometimes i wish i can put in as much. thank you.

honestly, i am not very sure about this one. in my personal experience, it doesn't matter. if an applicant is qualified (beats the presumption of being an immigrant) (s)he will be issued a visa regardless of whatever you wanted to go for. Canada is just particularly uptight because the country obviously has long term population target and the very composition of people they want in it. if this application was done right and on time, the conference passing as a result of the application exceeding normal processing times has put the ball in the VO's court. if this is an annual symposium, i would suggest a mail is sent to them saying that since this year's has passed that you would love to attend next year's own but be careful of the tone so as to not sound desperate and reiterate ties briefly and why attending this conference is important.if its an association in which the applicant is a member, make it known. however, in as much as i am not a VO or have the training , its not news that if this conference is not directly in line with applicant's job role and/or education and well explained, this application will most likely be refused especially if this is the main reason for the proposed visit. my opinion. good luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:00pm On Jun 20, 2017
SamReinvented:
Based on the evidences on this thread, VOs don't grant visas to attend conferences that have already ended before visa processing is concluded. That's a ground for refusal in itself. Your app submission was quite late though. Why? If there was a genuine reason for the late submission, you should've bombarded them with emails, to plead for a faster processing. A lady here did that and got her visa within few weeks.

Wishing you all the best though.

Hi SamReinvented, this is a very valid point but remember every application is different. the full circumstance is never clear as its only the VO and the applicant that know the whole story. if you're applying for a TRV to just visit for this conference, the VO might be uptight but if you made it clear you have other plans like to visit family or friends or just to see Niagara falls, then its different. the truth is that most applicants don't put themselves in the VO's shoes. for example; you have never traveled out of the country and then for the very first time, you want to travel to Canada for a conference on 'big data' but you're an insurance broker. this just falls out of place. Canada and US issue a lot of first time travelers visas but your trip has to make sense. i always properly analyze my application before i turn it into any embassy because mistakes can be costly so if i pay for a visa, i expect to see the sticker when i receive my passport.
secondly, bombarding the immigration office with email, in my opinion and experience, is for self satisfaction and doesn't really make an application to be processed faster. when an application is complete, it is queued and treated on a first-come-first-served basis but because applications are different and some verification may take longer than others, some decisions are quicker than others. My opinion
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mevisbleek: 4:55am On Jun 21, 2017
On IRCC website the current processing time is 66 days for TRV, is it really taking that long?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by careerwoman(f): 7:31am On Jun 21, 2017
Jawa:

if you're applying for a TRV to just visit for this conference, the VO might be uptight but if you made it clear you have other plans like to visit family or friends or just to see Niagara falls, then its different.
secondly, bombarding the immigration office with email, in my opinion and experience, is for self satisfaction and doesn't really make an application to be processed faster. when an application is complete, it is queued and treated on a first-come-first-served basis but because applications are different and some verification may take longer than others, some decisions are quicker than others. My opinion
I really appreciate the fact that you are always available to give people on this platform valid advice. however, what you stated in your previous post is not entirely correct. Your persistence and ability to communicate with the visa office plays a very significant role in how your application will be treated. In my case for example, I applied for the TRV 2 weeks to the conference for the second time and even though it seemed a desperate action, the conference organisers and I kept bombarding them with mails. we did not relent at all. they kept saying they treat cases on first-come-first-serve basis but it didn't stop me. eventually, they granted me the visa two days to my intended travel and in less than 15 days. The point is, your determination and persistence matter a lot and most importantly, the God factor (I prayed for my application). These VOs have been trained to understand how the human mind works. If your intentions are true and clear, your visa will be granted even if you seem desperate. it simply shows how important the conference is to you. Unfortunately, if the date has passed, it is highly unlikely the visa will be granted except you had other reasons to visit. My two cents..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dominguez: 7:53am On Jun 21, 2017
Hello House, i need an answer to this question. I applied for a visitor's visa to visit my son in Canada on the 30th of May via the online route. I got my Biometric letter on the 1st of June and actually submitted my Biometrics at the VFS office in Lagos on the 9th of June. Up till this moment, my profile still states that "My action is Required". There is no update yet? Has anybody faced such issue and what should i do
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by flow2davis: 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2017
Having done your biometrics, you should be ok.
However, ensure that there is no new message under ''Subject'' in your profile.

Dominguez:
Hello House, i need an answer to this question. I applied for a visitor's visa to visit my son in Canada on the 30th of May via the online route. I got my Biometric letter on the 1st of June and actually submitted my Biometrics at the VFS office in Lagos on the 9th of June. Up till this moment, my profile still states that "My action is Required". There is no update yet? Has anybody faced such issue and what should i do
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dominguez: 1:18pm On Jun 21, 2017
Thanks for your response.
The subject section in my profile has been the same, ever since the application was sent. I have
1) Confirmation of Online Application Transmission - May 30
2) Biometric Collection Letter - June 01
3) Submission Confirmation - June 01

Details still stays at "Your Action is Required", after submitting the Biometrics on 9th of June
Hopefully it will be updated later.
Thanks so much, House
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 11:46pm On Jun 21, 2017
careerwoman:

I really appreciate the fact that you are always available to give people on this platform valid advice. however, what you stated in your previous post is not entirely correct. Your persistence and ability to communicate with the visa office plays a very significant role in how your application will be treated. In my case for example, I applied for the TRV 2 weeks to the conference for the second time and even though it seemed a desperate action, the conference organisers and I kept bombarding them with mails. we did not relent at all. they kept saying they treat cases on first-come-first-serve basis but it didn't stop me. eventually, they granted me the visa two days to my intended travel and in less than 15 days. The point is, your determination and persistence matter a lot and most importantly, the God factor (I prayed for my application). These VOs have been trained to understand how the human mind works. If your intentions are true and clear, your visa will be granted even if you seem desperate. it simply shows how important the conference is to you. Unfortunately, if the date has passed, it is highly unlikely the visa will be granted except you had other reasons to visit. My two cents..

I didn't know that I could bombard them with emails. I invited my mum for my graduation tomorrow the 22nd. Applied may 10th. Till today nothing. I know she cant make it again but I need to still see my mum. Not seen her for 2 years +.The problem is that my mum needs to go to the UK for my sisters graduation on July 12th and wants to buy a return ticket with a stop over in the UK. Do you advise I send them emails?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by careerwoman(f): 2:00am On Jun 22, 2017
mesh2003:

I didn't know that I could bombard them with emails. I invited my mum for my graduation tomorrow the 22nd. Applied may 10th. Till today nothing. I know she cant make it again but I need to still see my mum. Not seen her for 2 years +.The problem is that my mum needs to go to the UK for my sisters graduation on July 12th and wants to buy a return ticket with a stop over in the UK. Do you advise I send them emails?
Sorry your mum wouldn't be able to make your graduation anymore. Your application is still within the 6 week timeframe. it would have been easier to humbly request for the app to be fast tracked when you still had the graduation ceremony as an important reason for her to visit (Yes, the VOs are human beings and they have feelings too) I'm not sure you can plead for a fast track now since there's no urgency for her to visit anymore. You can either choose to wait out the remaining days within the app timeframe or still send them a mail..
All the best.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Aktyso: 10:09am On Jun 22, 2017
I applied for TRV and was denied base on travel history and purpose of visit. Though I have visited US and still have valid US visa. My intension was to visit Niagara fall during my next summer Visit to USA. Can I still apply again when I get to US. I lent it is faster there or to re apply when I returned.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 10:17am On Jun 22, 2017
Dominguez:
Thanks for your response.
The subject section in my profile has been the same, ever since the application was sent. I have
1) Confirmation of Online Application Transmission - May 30
2) Biometric Collection Letter - June 01
3) Submission Confirmation - June 01

Details still stays at "Your Action is Required", after submitting the Biometrics on 9th of June
Hopefully it will be updated later.
Thanks so much, House

Just remain calm, it will be updated. One thing I noticed about Canadian TRV is; You have to wear patience as you would a garment and just hope for the best.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 11:33am On Jun 22, 2017
Aktyso:
I applied for TRV and was denied base on travel history and purpose of visit. Though I have visited US and still have valid US visa. My intension was to visit Niagara fall during my next summer Visit to USA. Can I still apply again when I get to US. I lent it is faster there or to re apply when I returned.

You can try that route
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 11:41am On Jun 22, 2017
mesh2003:

Try to send them emails and appeal their conscience, let them know that it is important you see your mum as it's been over 2 years now you saw each other, even though the graduation would have been an opportunity for the one you hold dearly to share an important aspect of your life , that is very important that you see your mum and spend some time with her before she leave back to the UK then nigeria as the case may be.

I wish u all the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nampofo: 11:53am On Jun 22, 2017
Good morning good people. Thanks very much for your good work. You guys are great.

In 2016, I had a one month VISA to Canada to attend conference. I traveled and returned after one week.
Before that, my wife and I were denied visa to Canada for Christmas holidays in 2015 based on these reasons

Myself
"purpose of travel, Personal assets and financial status.
I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure

Wife
Current employment situation, Personal assets and financial status
purpose of travel, Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure

I was also denied Visa to USA in 2014. However I have traveled to UK, Kenya, Canada, SA, India, Dubai, Turkey before.
I have also traveled together with my wife to UK, Dubai and Turkey before.

Now I want to visit Canada again during Christmas for two weeks with my wife and 6 year old daughter.
My wife has a brother in Canada who is inviting us.

I work full time and earn around USD 1,800(net salary) per month. My wife is a teacher and a part time student. She earns about USD 200.
We have been married for over 9 years.

1. What do we need to put in place for the family to secure the visit visa?
2. Can the three of us use a 3 in 1 introductory letter? since we work in the same co, a University? Daughter schools in the same co. school.
3. About how much do we need for the trip? Brother in law will provide us accommodation and meals.
4. Which airline will provide cheap flight. Do we need to add booking to our application. Do we need to pay for it now?
5. Do we apply as tourist or family visit?
6. How soon can we apply since we intend traveling in December?
7. What interesting places can we add to our itenary?
8. I will be sponsoring the trip. I have a balance of about USD 13,000. Should we use my bank statement only? Or i need to add my wife's. She has almost nothing in her accounts.
9. Although my wife and her brother are twins, they mistakenly have different Date of birth in the same year. One has April, the other has May. Will it create a problem? CIC already has this records since we applied in 2015 also.

Standing by for your kind responses great guys.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
@Nampofo
Question 1-do you have any property? Attach the dopcuments. Pension statement, marriage certificate. If you apply for a family visit it will ask you fill a family form. The form will show if you have family in Nigeria. the VO wants to see the home ties you have. You prove this with property docs, pension statement, employment and family. If your employer is aware of your travel, they will have to state on the intro letter that they are aware and that you will return to work after 2 weeks. If you were granted a leave letter, attach it to your application. Since its the same Co, one introduction letter will serve. but each person has to be introduced on a different paragraph with name, DOB, passport number, length of employment, salary and all. Or it can be 2 different letters. your daughter doesn't need an introduction letter.
Question3-your brother in law should send you a notarized invitation letter saying that he will be providing you with accommodation and meal. BY doing this, he reduces the financial burden on you a bit. He will also have to send his pay stub or bank statement to show that he is financially capable of taking care of 3 people. He will have to send proof of his address or lease agreement. Go to cic.gc.ca and see sample of the IV letter and format You have to show about $3-$5k for the trip minus airfare. you also have to include an affidavit of sponsorship since your wife is not earning much. Your daughter needs a letter showing that school will be on vacation during the period you are travelling.
Question 13. Add both statement of account even though she has little. atimes they want to see activity to prove that she is working. For a family of 3, consider that tickets for 3 of you will cost about $7,500-8,000. These are things they will check. That will leave you with about $5k. Then you factor in other things. They also don't expect you spend your whole money on a trip.
Question 6-apply as soon as possible. The processing time is getting longer every day. If you have all your documents, you can apply in July but latest in August.
An immigration consultant told me that what Canada looks as Travel history is UK, Europe and US. All these other countries are easy to go into.
Question5- I suggest you apply as family visit.
Question 4- I did my mums application online and it asked for booking reservation. You should either use an agent or go online and make a reservation. Attach it to your application. Depending on the province/city that you are going. I prefer flying into Toronto and getting a local flight to wherever am going. It is always cheaper Because the cheap airlines don't really go to many cities. But all of them flies into Toronto. Try Turkish, Ethiopia and Egypt. They are the cheapest 3. Air Maroc is cheap too.

I know I have not being able to answer all your questions, some other people can chip in.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 9:04pm On Jun 22, 2017
mesh2003:
@Nampofo.

@mesh2003 That was quite a lengthy response and mostly on point too. However, i'd like to debunk some stereotype on this whole visa matter.

Firstly, I never got a notorized invitation letter from my bruv as that wasn't stated on CIC website.

Also, being the main applicant. I didn't include my wife's statement of account just her employment letter and ID card, marriage cert, some family photographs etc

Secondly, proof of funds is quite important and I stated we both had $2,000CAD each for the trip including our child and my bank balance as at then was about $6,000CAD. This wasn't so much but the in and out flow from the two bank accounts I used was close to $10,000CAD

The application process is tedious and humbling, I suggest @Nampofo takes his time and fill the forms as truthful as possible. All things being equal, your application will be successful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 10:45pm On Jun 22, 2017
Its advisable not mandatory to notarize an invitation letter especially when you are taking some responsibility in the trip. The few I have sent to my friends, I had them notarized because I mentioned I would be providing them with accommodation and meal. it all depends.
Applying with your wife is not a guarantee that you both will get the visa. its at the discretion of the VO. my uncle applied with his wife and the wife's visa was denied because no bank statement, employment letter or proof of income for the wife. based on the reason they gave for the wife's refusal, I suggest he puts some documents no matter how little she has.

@nampofo, I suggest you ask your brother-in-law to apply for gcms notes. That's the only thing that will show you the exact reason for your refusal. It takes a little time but most people use it to address the issues pointed out b4 reapplying. Its also the gcms notes that the next VO handling your new application would refer to.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 9:31am On Jun 23, 2017
Hello house, is there anyone else waiting for a response from CIC, application is now 3 months....the waiting game is so legit.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Desertrose80: 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
Hello all.
A friend of mine wishes to know if her and her family could get a visa to canada. Hubby wife and 5 kids. They will use hubby's SOA and if needed the wife's too. Their kids are 13 11 7 5 and a 2 yr old.
They want to visit just for the sake of leisure and will return ASAP their trip days expire, that's like 2weeks.
They have many proof of tie, landed properties too and the wife's father is ill so their presence in Nigeria is a must. They have hospital letters with surgery pictures of the ill father too if that can help as proof of tie too.
Please good folks how much money will they need for the trip of 7 to Toronto for 2 weeks?
Will the VO not refuse them because they are many?

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by successuche2017: 6:51pm On Jun 23, 2017
pls house. how possible and convincing it is to notarize a birth and marriage certificate.. In my first TRV application my parents age was erroneously filled. Is it possible and convincing to get their birth cert notarized before reapplying?

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: ahyotomiwa and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.