Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2336306 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (1108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tariy: 8:05pm On Sep 30, 2015
saxywale:

Yes.
I applied for trv for a relative in July, and the processing took about 2 months. I applied for another relative this September and it took just about two weeks.
@Saxywale please when in September did you apply for your relative and when was the application pick up....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelland(f): 9:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
kkokoma:

On CIC website it states 56 days

It is usually 10 to 15 working days in what is called off pick period, it all depends on the ECO handling your file

When they are receiving high volume of work, they may be a delay in returning Passports.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tariy: 9:20pm On Sep 30, 2015
travelland:

It is usually 10 to 15 working days in what is called off pick period, it all depends on the ECO handling your file

When they are receiving high volume of work, they may be a delay in returning Passports.
Please when is the off peak period...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelland(f): 9:20pm On Sep 30, 2015
kkokoma:

I think its better to use CIC info as a reference when planning. Even the Canada Visa Application Centre operator, VFS Global on their website always refers specific questions about Visas to the CIC website including the time it takes for processing.

I applied for a TRV on the 10th of July, I only got a text this morning that its ready. Thats 52 days, I know some people who submitted late July and early september and nothing yet.

Its not wise to give specific advice that may cause problems to people. If someone intends to travel for an event taking place in four weeks and now uses that advise to plan, well it would probably be a total waste

I like this thread, its very informative but I always research both the CIC and the VFC websites, they have they final word I can use for planning

it is advisable for people to apply ahead of their trip, infact for Canada i usually suggest two to three months before application, but then the ECOs are unpredictable, some work faster than others so it all depends, also in case of eventualities or should the applicant need to retrieve his or her passport they do give 2 - 3 working days and your passport will be returned although they will stop processing it(i will confirm if they still do it but they used to). Anyways just want you to know that some of us are not just talking but actually have hands on experience. [/i]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelland(f): 9:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
tariy:

Please when is the off peak period...

Peak period is between May to September(summer) Off peak are all other months apart from these. But other things can also influence volume of applications received by CIC, like groups going for conferences, conventions and so on, you also have festivals like Christmas(December) which may also attract more applicants.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tariy: 9:31pm On Sep 30, 2015
travelland:

Peak period is between May to September(summer) Off peak are all other months apart from these. But other things can also influence volume of applications received by CIC, like groups going for conferences, conventions and so on, you also have festivals like Christmas(December) which may also attract more applicants.
Oh ok thanks for the information....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dollzzzz: 11:09pm On Sep 30, 2015
[quote author=tonero230 post=37767234]Application submitted on 22nd july 2015

Biometric 22nd july 2015

PP ready for collection on 3rd sept.,2015

@tonero230 pls did u submit ur pp , the day u did ur biometrics? If no, wen did u submit?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dollzzzz: 11:19pm On Sep 30, 2015
fredtee:

date of application: 31st July 2015
Biometric: 31st July 2015

Passport ready for collection: 16th September 2015

I got the passport back today with 3 years multiple visa. I guess it was given till when my passport expires.
all the best.
Pls when did you submit ur passport? My passport was returned to me after biometric. I want to knw wen they are going to ask for it cos i ll be traveling in 2wks to be back by nov.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dollzzzz: 11:38pm On Sep 30, 2015
travelland:

it is advisable for people to apply ahead of their trip, infact for Canada i usually suggest two to three months before application, but then the ECOs are unpredictable, some work faster than others so it all depends, also in case of eventualities or should the applicant need to retrieve his or her passport they do give 2 - 3 working days and your passport will be returned although they will stop processing it(i will confirm if they still do it but they used to). Anyways just want you to know that some of us are not just talking but actually have hands on experience. [/i]

Pls i did my biometric on monday and I'm planning to travel in 2wks and back in 2nd wk in nov( not Canada) . i hope that won't disturb my application whenever its ready and they need me to submit my passport? I can submit my passport when i get back frm my trip in nov? Thnk u in advance
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 01, 2015
igboboy3:

Yes. Thanks. (Un)fortunately I'm a doctor and I understand it is very difficult for foreign trained medical graduates to obtain residency training positons in Canada. That's why I want to go to the US; however I don't want to lose my PR status. Thanks
It's hard but it's doable. The process is faster in smaller provinces.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:24am On Oct 01, 2015
tariy:

@Saxywale please when in September did you apply for your relative and when was the application pick up....
It was for my mum. I applied online on the first of September from Canada. It took exactly two weeks for her to receive a passport request letter. But like I mentioned earlier, each application are evaluated on its own merits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 01, 2015
Dollzzzz:

Pls when did you submit ur passport? My passport was returned to me after biometric. I want to knw wen they are going to ask for it cos i ll be traveling in 2wks to be back by nov.
No one can really tell you exactly when your passport would be requested, as applications are treated differently.

If you get a request, you would be given 30 days to submit your passport to CIC. I don't know how long it takes vfs to send your passport to CIC, but I know it usually takes about a week from submission of passport to collection.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 5:16am On Oct 01, 2015
Yes i submitted my pp
[quote author=Dollzzzz post=38547623][/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by marvel7: 6:49am On Oct 01, 2015
I've been a silent follower of this thread and I must commend the good work you are doing here.
Please I will like to ask for paper applications for visiting visa what is the likely message sent if an application is successful? The reason I'm asking is that my sister applied in the first week in august and got a message yesterday that her processed passport is ready for collection. Pls I need an urgent answer to relieve her of the stress. Thank u
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tariy: 7:52am On Oct 01, 2015
marvel7:
I've been a silent follower of this thread and I must commend the good work you are doing here.
Please I will like to ask for paper applications for visiting visa what is the likely message sent if an application is successful? The reason I'm asking is that my sister applied in the first week in august and got a message yesterday that her processed passport is ready for collection. Pls I need an urgent answer to relieve her of the stress. Thank u
There no likely message for successful or unsuccessful till you pick and see the contents.
Any ways sha update us about it once picked up......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by topaztee: 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
marvel7:
Your question has already been answered. Nobody would know if an application is successful or not, until the sealed passport is open by the receiver(owner).
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelland(f): 9:49pm On Oct 01, 2015
Dollzzzz:

Pls i did my biometric on monday and I'm planning to travel in 2wks and back in 2nd wk in nov( not Canada) . i hope that won't disturb my application whenever its ready and they need me to submit my passport? I can submit my passport when i get back frm my trip in nov? Thnk u in advance

Please accept my apologies for replying late, i am quite busy atm. Only the ECO can tell you exactly when your passport will be requested for no one else can, as each application is treated on individual basis at the Embassy.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shinner2010(m): 10:14pm On Oct 01, 2015
hello, well done for the great work that you are doing here.
I want to as for the link to register for Canada visa online and documents needed to process the online application.
thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by topaztee: 11:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
Shinner2010:
hello, well done for the great work that you are doing here.
I want to as for the link to register for Canada visa online and documents needed to process the online application.
thanks
Visit www.cic.gc.ca, all the information you needed and the visa categories are enumerated on the site. Good luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teejaykary: 1:19am On Oct 02, 2015
concerning the admission stuff,is there any school in Canada that accept payment on arrival before given admission letter?,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:59am On Oct 02, 2015
Teejaykary:
concerning the admission stuff,is there any school in Canada that accept payment on arrival before given admission letter?,
For school questions. Visit
www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9/58
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkokoma: 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
Sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. Like I said earlier, though I always research CIC and VFS Global websites for planning, this thread has been invaluable. I just got my passport back from the Visa Processing Centre. I year multiple entry visa attached

Cheers all!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by moneybag100: 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
kkokoma:
Sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. Like I said earlier, though I always research CIC and VFS Global websites for planning, this thread has been invaluable. I just got my passport back from the Visa Processing Centre. I year multiple entry visa attached

Cheers all!

Congrat bro.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Godbpraised: 4:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
hello guys ,

what determines the duration of visa given, i knw for USA its 2 years multiple entry .

@ kkokoma is this your first time or is it renewal can u state the documents submitted. i am hoping to apply next year .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fredtee(m): 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
Dollzzzz:

I submitted my passport the same day i did my biometrics. Are you applying online.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkokoma: 4:58pm On Oct 02, 2015
Godbpraised:
hello guys ,

what determines the duration of visa given, i knw for USA its 2 years multiple entry .

@ kkokoma is this your first time or is it renewal can u state the documents submitted. i am hoping to apply next year .
Actually this is my second time, the first time in 2013 was denied on a technicality. I wrote a very clear 2 page letter of purpose and attached bank statements, marriage and kid's birth certificates, letter from employer, pictureso of recent overseas holiday with my family, used boarding passes and old passport with study permit and used visas
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by topaztee: 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2015
kkokoma:

Cheers all!
How long does it took for the processing of your application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tariy: 6:52pm On Oct 02, 2015
kkokoma:

Cheers all!
Big congrat boss....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkokoma: 6:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
topaztee:
How long does it took for the processing of your application?
I submitted on the 10th of August, received alert 28th September
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by topaztee: 10:24pm On Oct 02, 2015
kkokoma:

I submitted on the 10th of August, received alert 28th September
Lesser than two months.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tariy: 10:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
kkokoma:

Actually this is my second time, the first time in 2013 was denied on a technicality. I wrote a very clear 2 page letter of purpose and attached bank statements, marriage and kid's birth certificates, letter from employer, pictureso of recent overseas holiday with my family, used boarding passes and old passport with study permit and used visas
Sorry did you apply for tourist or conference visa...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkokoma: 6:47am On Oct 03, 2015
tariy:

Sorry did you apply for tourist or conference visa...
Tourist visa, I got an invitation letter from my brother and his wife who are canadian citizens

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (1108) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: williamszooh and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.